All Comments on 'The Mall Santa'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 62 Comments
zed0zed0over 11 years ago
A Thrill A Minute

Uhhhhh...... I mean very nice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
As Always

Wonderful!

You do Great Work!

Alan

griffin57griffin57over 11 years ago
Great

Very romantic, very nice. I love happy endings.

mcollectmcollectover 11 years ago
As always

It is a pleasure to read your stories! Looking for more from you. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wonderful

that's the only word for it

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 11 years ago
Good Christmas Tale!

Nice Happy Story! Glad to see not everyone is a liar or a cheater. Merry Christmas All!

likeboblikebobover 11 years ago
you blew it right away

I wish you would have wished readers a Merry Christmas instead of "happy holidays". I would have guessed someone who posted stories would not be so afraid of offending someone. Being PC all the time sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

"I need to tell you the story about Sharon and I." DGHear ... you're too good a writer not to know about something as simple as the object of a preposition. If you'd like to know why it should read "about Sharon and me" you have only to pick up a third grade textbook on English grammar. This isn't much, you might say, but it's as annoying as a grain of sand in the eye of an otherwise interested reader.

OverstarOverstarover 11 years ago
Good Overall

I liked your story overall. Very nice telling. You did, however make a few mistakes. In the beginning of the story you tell how Jeff was 2 years working at mall security before getting promoted to head of security. A few paragraphs later, you contradict yourself and say that Jeff was promoted 1 year later. That muddled things a bit. Might be good to get some editing help. Or more editing help. You're a good writer, with good stories. You should take just a little more time with them and polish them up more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"story about Sharon and I"

I'm seconding the comment of my fellow in anonymity: Getting this right is very important to readers who give a damn about the language. I call phrases like "about Sharon and I" piss-elegant errors. The writer who commits them probably has been corrected at some point in his education for saying something like "Me and D.G. went to the movies," and didn't understand what he had done wrong. So he always uses "I" when talking or writing about himself and another person, without considering the function of the first person pronoun in the sentence. "I" is a nominative case pronoun and should be used as the subject of a sentence: "I went to the movies." "Me" is an objective case pronoun and should be used as the object of a verb or preposition: "The teacher corrected me," or "the story was about me." The case of the pronoun does not change when the pronoun is used along with another person's name or another pronoun. If the first person pronoun is used with another name in the subject, you should use "I." ("D.G. and I went to the movies.") If the first person pronoun is used with another name as object of a verb or preposition, you should use "me." ("The teacher corrected D.G. and me" or "the story was about Sharon and me.") Sand in the eye is a good analogy for the way this piss elegant error makes lots of readers feel. It can make me stop reading right at that point unless the story already has shown redeeming value that makes persisting worth the pain.

sbart921sbart921over 11 years ago
Great, as usual *****

You are the best at story telling. Thanks (even with only a couple of typos).

henry500henry500over 11 years ago
Another great story

I had a girl next store that I grew up with and she moved away when we started the seventh grade. Never did get with her again. But, I was luck and met a great girl and have been married 48 years. Thanks for story

katibkatibover 11 years ago
Agree

DG, you are one of the very best writers on this site, and this story merely confirms my judgment. Please, though, pay heed to the Anonymous grammarian who elegantly and lengthily reminded you that prepositions take objects in the objective case. In all of your great stories I have from time to time cringed when coming across examples of the type of error that he or she focusses upon. They detract from this reader's enjoyment of your work.

john1946john1946over 11 years ago
Yep

Another great story.....Thanks

Davidch53Davidch53over 11 years ago
Another great story

You have done it again. Thank you for a great story. I have tried to read most of your writing, but there is so many great ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thanks

Another good one spun from a maestro.

hoosier76hoosier76over 11 years ago

Another great story! Thanks, can't wait for your next one.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
It is a treat to come home and have a DGH story to read

Great story. Smooth and well paced. DG stories are like sipping a glass of your favorite port - you know what is coming and you just enjoy the smooth rich ride.

curioussscuriousssover 11 years ago
A great, feel-good story...

...with a lovely set of characters.

Thank you DGH

ArtiMaxArtiMaxover 11 years ago
very good

Thank you. It was more than a bangemup story. I thought fairly well developed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another great story!!!

you have done it again another great and easy reading stoy of two good people getting togethe thru a litttle help form outside and luck and in this case a wwondefull red haired little girl who just gave Santa her christmas wish>

ErotonautErotonautover 11 years ago
Sweet

A charming story, romantic but with a sexual vein to balance it out.

hodunkhodunkover 11 years ago
A fantastic story!

As always I love this and all of your work I have read. Thanks DG for another fantastic story.

NymphWriterNymphWriterover 11 years ago
Modern Day Miracle on 34th St

I did see the references to Miracle on 34th St as well as other classic holiday movies and found my heart touched as I read. I loved this gentle and sweet story of two people destined to fall in love. This is a wonderful story and well worth my tears.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Christmas Story*****

Man you realy know redheads the description of Sharon body for a redhead was dead on the money. Thanks for sharing this Christmas gem!!!

DrallDrallover 11 years ago
Beautiful!

A very lovely Holiday story. Thank you,DGH.

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
Ho Ho Ho

Was what she was not!

Fine Holiday tale, well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another great story!

Thank you for sharing your talent with us. Its always a great treat to read your wonderful stories. Ho Ho Ho!!!

javadog11javadog11over 11 years ago
Very good story

Enjoyed the pace, just right. Great story. You are one of my favorite author's. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Santa is real!

Look in your hearts! that's were Santa is! A story like this does make Santa real because of the all the love in ev erybodies hearts. Thank you Mr. Hear for such a beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
i am a book bug

I am a book bug and absolutely love your little story thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Well Done

Now that is a proper Love Story! Sounds as if this may be based on factual incidents. It really doesn't matter I loved it!

Thanks

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 11 years ago
It passed the test

I could tell where this was headed as soon as Jeff agreed to be Santa, but even so I read every word and loved it all. As you always do, you did a great job as a storyteller. Thank you for sharing this with us. And Merry Christmas!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 11 years ago
Well, you're still the man...

... nobody can hit the heart strings quite like you can and as much as I dislike 90% of the "Romance" stories on this site, I'm becoming convinced it is your best category. It's exactly 2 minutes until 2013 and I can't think of a better way to end 2012 than reading one of your stories. Here's wishing you a happy and productive coming year.

pandoras_evil_pandoras_evil_over 11 years ago

A truly beautiful piece.

Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Heart-warming

It was truly a magnificent love story.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

You always do tell a great story. I'm not sure how I missed this one when it was posted. I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dialogues

The dialogues on Page 1 seem a bit hackneyed.

"My God! I can't believe this!"

"It's true Sharon!"

"I believe you"

Oh well. Good story otherwise. 4.5/5

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Yes it was terribly predictable -

SO WHAT?

I still read every word and still had this problem with fuzzy vision - it is foggy in my office - and I enjoyed it completely.

The fun was not in a surprise ending or even the lack of a surprise journey it was all in the details of the trip -

Thanks -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
It's Jess' turn

DG HEAR, It is time for 'lil Jess to pay it forward... Let her look back upon her life from the perspective of a 30+ year old adult, and see that she tells the story of how her Christmas wish came true for her then... and how it will now unfold in reverse for some lucky boy and his Dad... If of course, your not too busy... Those green eyes and red curls would deliver a smashing impact from under an Elf's hat and garb... As always, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions... Good luck Mr. Phelps... KRITER01

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Easy 5* as usual

the only think that was a turn OFF! was all the dancing and kissing at the new years party. I though what's next group sex? Was she horney from jeff or all the male attention? HOW DOES a set up for cheating equal romance???

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
reds

you love red haired women, dont you? so do I. I get nervous and tongue tied when around them.

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT

just a great love story of two pals finding each other again years later....love stories like this....no cheating...no swinging...no lies....no one else involved....just the sweetest of love stories....LIFE IS GOOD....

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I'm glad I found this little love story

and at the right time of the year.

thanks

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
Best story yet

I have read most of yours. Best of them so far. Made me cry.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Nice

A very enjoyable story to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I cried

I am 85 years old. A widower. I had to stop three times to wipe my eyes and blow my nose. A tremendous story. Thank you. /s/ JustJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great

Another fantastic story from D G Hear. I hope he keeps posting great stories like this for a long time to come.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
I read this a second time

It is a very well written love story with a believable plot and characters. Stories just do not get much better than this one.

goalie52goalie52about 6 years ago
5 Stars

Dilly! Dilly!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Based

What a great story. 5 stars all the way

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
flaws

Too many flaws,eg they have a date ,but then don't see each other until Christmas Eve.As usual the woman has refused sex for years ,but on their first ever night away she begs to be fucked,get real.

J_RReaderJ_RReaderover 3 years ago
Great

A lovely Christmas story, a bit of magic, a bit of romance and a wonderful young girl

Thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a sweet story, guess I'm just a sucker for kids (and sometimes their mothers)! Thank you for a really special story. BTW anonymous, the only flaw I found was in the comment section!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It would have been a really short story, if I wrote it. The second she said my call was creepy, I would have apologised then hung up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful!

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
If

If he was in the military police,why didn't he join a police force when looking for a job?.If Sharon was that beautiful,why was she single?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the sweetest romance and love stories I have ever read and all of this facilitated by this little brilliant 5-year-old Jessica. The other one I read was written by BlackRandi where the little girl also wants a family and love for Xmas. These stories always come and get me VERY deeply, especially since kids go directly to the core issues and open their little hearts completely. When you finish reading this story, you leave it with great reluctance hoping to find another similar one of the same quality. It is like a long lost friend that is coming back into your life and you don't ever want to lose this friend ever again. Thank you DGH

2 rating scales of 5* each end-to-end.

BJ

PS: This is the type of story you want to read over and over again. If you had a bad day, it will pick you right up. If you already had a good day, it will make you reach a new summit. BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

i don't think any woman wants to be told that her boyfriend has been around the world with dozens of women. That's not very romantic to me.

1948Boomer84911948Boomer8491over 1 year ago

Your romance stories have been your best so far. Five stars. I agree with Anonymous, leave out the “around the world and all the women “ comment.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

That was a beautiful story. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story. Too bad as children you did have him say 2 children and her say 3. That really would have been prophetic ;)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5703 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories