All Comments on 'The Loan'

by harukifan

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Competent but Incomplete Execution of Loaded Concept !

I enjoyed the handling of the story as far as it went . Yet the aftermath of the husband's sanctioned, extramarital foray was cut short summarily. The author got me invested enough in the wife's character. that I wanted to know first hand that no repercussions were en route.

The wife's friend was apparently a first rate partner and neither of the two are tempted to encore their tryst ? Would the wife want. a sabbatical from monogamy. Any regrets crop up for any of the three parties ?

On & on- a veritable plethora of questions lingered. Yes, a story doesn't have to wrap everything up and tie a bow on it but too many windows were left open. Still due credit is accorded the author for steering clear of hoary cliches and establishing convincing bonds of attachment between husband & wife.

This was a provocative story on more then one level and stands out from the median offering in Loving Wives. ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
More to come, please.

Looks like with as many divorced female friends, there could be a few more stories to tell. Look forward to reading more! Gave it a rare 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
her turn

after a while his wife will want to try other men on for size and what can he say other than yes because he did it first

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Very well written and believable story. Part of me wants to applaud the wife for caring this much about a friend, but part of me thinks she has an ulterior motive. My guess is that eventually they will become divorced when the wife decides she wants to try other men and he will be less enthused about that. This part of the equation should have been explored during their discussion of the concept of sharing because that is one of the realities of marriage and it leaves the story too unbalanced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hmm

Can't bring myself to like it without some kind of post-loan discussion between wife and husband that sounds believable. Being in this category one can't help but believe the wife will either regret it or had an agenda of her own for allowing this. I for one think both spouses should just enjoy what they already have. I mean they seem really good together after their ten years and it just doesn't seem worth it to put their family at risk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
EXCELLANT

Well written. You gave enough background to the story that prepared you for the exciting climax. I hope you will continue with this story in the future. Again Well Done!!

akwildmanakwildmanover 11 years ago
Well written

Great story. Sure hope that there will be more to it! Thanks for sharing!

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantover 11 years ago
Too simple

I think a good story has some twists and turns as the author builds suspense. Now, I grant you that there is usually very little suspense in Literotica.

In LW sex comes early and the only suspense (usually very little) is whether the guy gets revenge or is a cuckold. In First Time the protagonist gets fucked – the only suspense is how well or poorly the scene is set up and written,

This story presents an interesting story idea; but IMHO the author simply goes in a pretty straight line from A to B to C and so on. Everything is straightforward. The husband quickly becomes an advocate for opening up the marriage – for himself. Early in the backstory the author mentions that this couple has a number of friends who are single moms and apparently both attractive physically and sexually deprived.

The husband talks his wife (who seems very ready to convinced) into the “loan” It seems unlikely to me – about as unlikely as the sun rising in the west – that it doesn't occur to hubby that the very arguments he makes in favor of his having sex with someone other than his wife would apply in her favor if she wants to make the argument.

People who opine on “open marriages” generally agree that mutual friends are off-limits for the very good reason that you (the couple) will keep seeing this person even if it turns out that the idea – in hindsight – was a bad one.

A likely outcome is that (1) hubby will want to offer his services to each and every one of the women in circle of single mommies of their acquaintance, AND (2) the wife will decide that they know some nice men who might broaden her experience.

That would be another story if it happened; it seems at least likely that the couple would have THOUGHT that one or both of these things might happen

harukifanharukifanover 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments, everybody!

Thanks for the comments! Wow, I can't believe so many people are already reading this story. I appreciate the thoughtful, considerate comments.

(As for those people who are just here to troll and post mean-spirited comments: I am going to delete your comments with no response. I write these stories as a fun way to explore provocative and exciting ideas about sex, love and relationships and I think we can all be polite and adult about this.)

I am thinking of ideas for how to continue this story - this was just a rough first draft. And I agree that some of the themes could have been further explored, and I intend to do so with future editions.

Stay in touch!

-- harukifan

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
to be continued.....?

H, first a fine story with well fleshed out characters.

However.....this story begs for part II, and you have so many avenues at your keyboard-does wife want to try another guy, is this a one time loan, lots of areas you can explore. Based on your talent with this tale I hope you post more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a viable concept

But incomplete. Although the groundwork was laid, and the framework was put in place, the concept needs to be fleshed out more. The key turning point of the story was the rationale behind "the loan". I found the conversation good, but the actual rationale was weak.

You'll find lots of interest in this subject...

Overall though, I'd like to see this developed further... Great concept and good story!

t_i_n_at_i_n_aover 11 years ago
so when...

the wife now takes a lover, the complications begin! Have fun with the next installment!

JonATaylorJonATaylorover 11 years ago
Judging From the Comments

Most of us expected the wife to get into the act using her husband's own logic to justify her own playing around. I guess most regular readers here are inured by the patterns. I'd love to see you write chapter two in this direction, but with some originality.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 11 years ago
Your first story? And a 5* one at that!

I hope to see more work of this quality, soon please!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Hubby gives in too easily!

Nicely written...it is not the author's job to provide all characters with the most appropriate or wisest decisions. Rather, it is to provide an interesting character so as to convey an interesting story! Sweetie is probably sincere at this point of their lives. But this cannot be a one-off, or the sweet single-mom friends will just have been teased, now knowing what they can't have again! If there are a half-dozen in this category, Hubby is going to be humping every night of the week. (Poor guy!)

Sweetie will be down from twice weekly to once (or 'flagging follow-up' - male version of sloppy seconds!) She will be conflicted with her altruism on the one hand and her reduced contact with her treasured Hubby on the other! So going out bar-hopping with the 'not-tonight' five other buddies may lead to a revisionist history of Hubby's 'philandering'!

I am sure Sweetie will help her buddies find 'a few good men!' After all, 'a hard man is good to find!' according to Mae West! Her altruism will triumph (again!)

4.45 = 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

And the natural followup: "Honey, remember your friend Robert? It's only fair that I get to have sex with him and the rest of your single male friends for all the same reasons you are."

Suddenly, not so cool but at least it gives context here, because it doesn't actually make sense for a woman to "loan" out her husband like a cheap and used tool to all comers unless there's some ulterior motive at work.

gabaagabaaover 11 years ago
Nice Start

I really enjoyed this but I do agree with many others that there was a big ignored issue in the middle of it. If your wife suggests you have sex with another woman what's the second thing you think of? Right! (But it didn't occur to this sleepwalker).

Then you reflect that you've got a lovely marriage-rare in your social circles apparently-and two great kids....and you still go and do it? If you do then, truly, you're nuts.

Pat 2,if there is one, could be very interesting!

harukifanharukifanover 11 years agoAuthor
From the author...

Hello everybody, I'm glad this story is striking a chord! First, let me say: this is NOT going to be a one-part story. I'm definitely going to make a series out of this, and as you've suggested there are many great directions that the story could go.

If anyone wants to keep in touch on Twitter, I will post updates as soon as my next stories are published. I have two more stories in the queue (on a different series) that should be up in the next few days. Here I am on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theHarukifan

Thanks!

Harukifan

fregenfregenover 11 years ago
Will need to be explored further

Thanks for the story. A good concept but as others have pointed out it needs to be expanded upon.

For better or worse the dynamics of the marriage have been changed. Will the wife want to experience other partners? He never asked the question in the initial discussion??? How would he feel about that? Will she set him up with other single moms? Will any of the women start to get possessive?

Right now it is a lot of fun but there is the potential for a lot of problems also.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Big Mistake

I would have kept it in the realm of fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Like the idea, the wife has lots of trust...

looking4itlooking4itover 11 years ago
Came up short

Several comments have already keyed in on things I wondered about as I read this story. I wondered how things would/will be when she wants some of her own. I also felt like he did agree too quickly. I can't imagine that even in the best marriage thus could be fleshed out in a couple conversations but that simply made the story flow quicker into the actual action I guess. My disappointment was a lack of going home and processing through things now that the deed has been done. That can be done in future stories but really should have been done here so that such future installments would have a fresh place to begin from. Just felt incomplete.

Couple things about the comments I read through:

It always anazes me how often commenters assume this is a true life account and assume the author is one of the characters. Sorry but it makes me laugh and shake my head

Second, this is the second self righteous comment by H.H.Durant. Wow, can't wait for you to post your own story so we can witness perfection in all it's glory.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Interesting

It was interesting more than hot. The discussion with the wife and hubby, the prelude, was more cerebral than primal, more analytical than erotic. I wasn't particularly moved by the sex scenes, either. I don't mean to bag on the story, as it was an interesting take, and the thought and emotional processes of the protag and wife held my attention. What married guy hasn't had a fantasy of making it with his wife's hot friend(s)? Especially with wife's permission (her idea at that!)? This was a different kind of exploration of that, as it takes that fantasy into the "real" world, and breaks it down intellectually, abandoning much of the heat. As a result, it isn't really effective as a stroke story, but lacks the drama and tension of a dramatic LW story. It's like an essay on getting into the sexual sharing lifestyle. It keeps the attention, but is not particularly compelling. I thought the dialogue was very good, though. The story could have used some addtional editting: tense changes bothered me and your math calcuations (10 years, once a week sex on average doesn't equal 520 times, but rather 1040) stuck in my craw. Good try, and a different take, which is appreciated.

harukifanharukifanover 11 years agoAuthor
"Should have kept it in the realm of fantasy"

I don't understand these commenters who say "That's a bad idea for their marriage! They should have kept it in the realm of fantasy!"

Uh...but then there would be no story.

Coming soon on Literotica: Sexy tales of married couples who read "Reader's Digest" and cuddle before falling asleep.

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideover 11 years ago
At that comment I have to laugh.

x-dickless obviously has the morals of a alley cat in one way. another way he always makes me laugh. I did read this and agree with the author. Take it where you want and try to be original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
been there

enjoyed the story my wife done the same thing with me loaned me out scared the shit out of me when SHE suggested it it was fun though

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Does the loan cum with interest?

Good for the goose, but what about the gander? Is there more to the wife's plan?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow!

Superbly written, this really made me very horny. Waiting for more from you.

ErotonautErotonautover 11 years ago
A dangerous precedent

The husband has walked into a minefield here. As others have queried, how long before his wife points out they have several male friends who have hit a dry spell, so why shouldn't she provide a similar service? Indeed, might this have been her agenda all along? Even if that isn't the case, she may well revise her view of this arrangement once cold reality hits.

An interesting debut, but I suspect the smiles will be temporary.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 11 years ago
try 1040 times

How many times have my wife and I had sex? 10 years together, 52 weeks a year, twice a week on average? 520 times?

10

52

_____

520

2

______

1040

fanfarefanfareabout 11 years ago
couple of points

Good writing style harukifin, interesting premise. I am looking forward to the series.

First, from personal experience during my younger days when I was ignorant enough to try and fuck every woman in sight. It's exhausting! And when they found out about the others, well hell hath no fury as in being chased down a street by a car driven by a jealous woman. Twice, I was young and stupid.

Those nervewracking and penile abusing days decided me to being monogamous throughout the twenty-five years of my marriage.

Second, after my wife's passing a few years ago, everybody keeps trying to fix me up with single women in our community. I figured this was a pretty cosmopolitan city but most of the available women I have met tend to rather pathetic creatures. Completely worn out by a lifetime of abuse by the men in their lives. And as for their families, I had thought my in-laws were the relatives from hell. But after meeting the rest of you, now I just think of them as mildly eccentric. Except for my asshole brother-in-law, he's still a major league asshole!

All my life I was surrounded by tough, strong-minded women. When I shoved and pushed at them, they were never afraid to shove and push right back at me. Certainly never afraid to express their own opinions on any subject. Those conversations are one of the important things I miss most about losing my wife.

Like that Pandarus character in 'Sacrifice' who is sent a tribute of twenty virgins. When he'd have been a lot more satisfied with a couple of barmaids.

fanfarefanfareabout 11 years ago
oh yeah

I'm surprised that none of the commentators, offered the suggestion that the wife join the husband in these sexual escapades with all the neighbor grass-widows. Make it a lot easier on hubby alone trying to please a number of women.

SimonLeBonMotSimonLeBonMotalmost 11 years ago
Nice work

A serious subject tackled in an enlightened yet fun way. What I enjoyed was, the story is 90% interaction of a non-sexual nature. The dialogue was a bit halting at times, but that may be due to time constraints. The couple clearly love each other and are just experimenting with their sexual boundaries. A really solid effort. A-.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very interesting

SO it's not just idiotic men that want to share their wives with other men? Wives have this stupidity problem too? This is a train wreck looking to happen. Just like slut wives, now the slut husband has a taste he'll want more and more. Wave bye bye to the marriage.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 10 years ago
A Nice Change

A good read and enjoyed the aspect that the wife suggests that the husband have some fun !

Of course there are lots of problems and issues with this arrangement which were not covered in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
every man's dream

Fascinating story... dream wife... lucky man ;)

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
A Fun Story

I found the wife a trifle unbelievable, mostly because of the husbands dialog while they were discussing making him available to their friends. If he had come across more like he was concerned about their relationship rather than what she'd think of him it might have worked better. Also, the idea of her fooling around should have been addressed since almost certainly they both would have thought about the possibility...

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
For those who likes it...

For those who likes it...Think: How would be your comments if this was the other way? The husband loaning the wife? Would be the comments so good? For me there isn't any diffrence if it's husband or wife...This is a stupid thing to do...he should have said NO! That his wife was more than enough for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Slippery Slope

All this justifying by the both of them indicates that this will eventually lead to her sleeping around, "just to see what he was getting", and then, with all the blurred lines, he would slip up and fall in love...we all know where this is heading; (the Big "D", and I don't mean Dallas!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Complete madness

Is this because who wants to screw around?

Why would anyone do this is great for the man or is it.I would never ever do that to my wife.Very dangerous as emotions and feeling get messed up.What if he falls for the other women or she him.DIVORCE more damaged kids.Whats wrong with loving a women for life as I do.I thought the marriage vows were surprised to mean something.I know my friend did this with wife's permission to allow her sister to have a baby.he left his wife for the other women after she got pregnant with his kid his wife tried to kill herself when she realised what she had set in motion.Nothing like this can ever be undone.Dont do it it will blow up in your face.

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2about 8 years ago
This theme; lives on

However ?some? View this story with caution and doubt, they are so correct - they are so right. It's because All the partners were cautious and communicate honestly that it was satisfying for all. At 70+, my bride, of 52 yrs, and I have been living and loving each other half our life sharing a selective open marriage for half of our life making and reinforcing close friendships bonding into an amazing extended "Family". This story IS just the beginning - and with thoughtful respect for each partner, it will live on ... Until each person's situation needs to change. And it will! Great story telling with the respect, caring and dedication to each other as every partner should provide to a significant other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fair Is Fair

After the rubbish the hubby spouts about not wanting to hurt his wife he is awful quick to accept fucking the friend. So when does the wife get a turn to fuck his friend?

bworth1943bworth1943over 7 years ago
fantasy guy

Generous wife , generous husband. sharing is a beautiful thing, however it cannot remain one sided . It was hinted in the story that hubby could be shared with more than one of the single wives. I would think that hubby who loves his wife and will always be there for her , would also be willing to allow her to experience another man or women as she wants. The fantasy's are endless as long as they can remain faithful to their love for each other. I know poly amoral relationships are possible, and love and affection can be shared as well as friendship.

SexyMoonKittySexyMoonKittyabout 7 years ago
Wow!

I would love to know someone who was this generous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Have Enjoyed Sex With Sisters

After marrying and divorcing my first wife, I started dating her sister. Now, all of a sudden my first wife finds me more sexually appealing than when we were married. So I am enjoying both women. My ex-wife, of course, knows I am having sex with her sister. But her sister doesn't know it. It can work as long as both sisters don't know it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Twins

I dated a twin once, for a long time I thought she was very highly sexed. So much so that I was having a bit of trouble keeping up.

Then I discovered they took turns, but only because one got a cut on her leg, the other one didn't.

There was no way to tell them apart, even naked, amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Condom Malfunction?????

What will happen if there's a condom malfunction and Ann gets pregnant?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't think so. None of us have fucked a friend. They only fuck in a porn movie. Rarely do you see them. kiss. These two were making love, and unless your shot by an angery husband, you are going to do her two or 3 times, the first time, and make plans to do it again and again. if you did it right, she is yours whenever, and your wife knows that, even if she doesn't admit it. And unless you bring your wife into this as a three way, she will find a guy that's as good as you are. This is a two way street, friends, I don't mean to pontificate or. appear to know if all, but in this case, I've been there. I even knocked one up because she wanted 'our'baby', had it, then moved with her husband to another state, and I never saw them again. It was a girl, but I never saw her. Just remember. I never made love once to any of my women.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, I'm no sex expert, but my take on this is that Ann and our boy can't 'eat just once( one)', if you get my meaning. That's forbidden fruit, and once tasted, you are hooked. This fucking was not described enough, so,one, I'm guessing it really happened, and two, wifey is not happy that they are still fucking like rabbits, four or five years later. That's why nothing has been added to the story!

XYZ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous