All Comments on 'Did You Really Mean It?'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 349 Comments
bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Great Love Story

Nicely structured and paced.... TU for writing it.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Pretty much liked it all !

Except the plastics part. It's a fact of modern day life, but I try to use that shit as little as possible. Part of what I savored was this story explored that ineffable attraction, a man has when his attractive woman has attractive female friends ( funny how that works ) .

You can look. You can flirt but better not touch unless .... well that's where a helluva story can start. Like this one.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiabout 11 years ago
Well done!

Nicely written. This one goes to the heart. Please write more of these as they seem to be the appropriate style for you. TU. 5 Stars,

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 11 years ago
This was a feel good story.

It was well written and had some drama, but the ending was exactly what the reader expected and wanted. That doesn't make it a bad ending, but it prevents it from becoming a really good ending. That was just way too predictable and expected. Nice story.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
Now this was a good story

I could read this one over and over again. 5***********'s

dinkymacdinkymacabout 11 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Simply the best!

I've read thousands of stories on this site and this story is by far the best I've read! Thak you

sengimaxsengimaxabout 11 years ago
Fantastic

Great Story, you are one of the best!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story

I just love your stories. No doubt about it, you rank up there with the best. Thank you for writing this story.

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

A lovely romance story, a great gift to open on the day after Christmas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Decent Story

Always nice to read a morality play where the bad are punished and the good win. Predictable, but so many readers like to hear it over and over. Well written in general, but a bit too cuddly formy taste..

Also, If you don't want to use a editor, at least use spell check.

Just reread teh comment and I'm sorry if it seems snarky, it wasn't meant that way..

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
Predictable and a bit boring

A distinct absence of any true-to-life characters in what was, at heart, simply another tale using an old and tired formula.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 11 years ago
I liked this story

Interesting and well paced. One of the comments was that it was predictable, but for me that was ok - the good writing kept the journey real.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Very sweet

Moral of the story? Sounds like good pussy (as evidenced by screaming orgasms) turns off the character-screening portion of the male mind! A snapping pussy devours that part of a guy's brain (not sure of the way that actually happens!) It could make a (guy) reader thankful his Sweetie is a lackluster sex partner! WELL, it COULD! (Yeah, I'm not buying it, myself!)

5*

AverageBearAverageBearabout 11 years ago
I hated myself for liking it...

No, not because it reads like a sappy Nicholas Sparks short story. I actually embrace the over-the-top playing of the reader's heartstrings. The reason I hate myself for liking it is that Dan and Lori, the moralistic hero and heroine of the story, were unequivocal cheaters themselves. Physically, no. But emotionally, what wife would not feel victimized by a husband who told her best friend that he could be her soul mate? Cheating can be on many levels, but Dan and Lori shared an intimacy, while married to others, that should be reserved only for husband and wife. And yet I truly enjoyed the story. Go figure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

A 5, you are a very very good writer.

One suggestion, you developed two of your characters completely. i would have liked to have seen more about the cheaters and why they did what they did

katranmankatranmanabout 11 years ago
Very Nicely Done

This story is an example of what I hope to see more often on this site! Thanks for making the effort!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Echo Katranman's comment....

Great work and engaging story.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
The old golden middle way from Horatius

Interesting thing to mixmatch the sexual fantasy and sexual attraction with the cheatig. If we read good romantic erotic story that does not mean we wants to cheat on our mates or our spouse. One of my good friends told his wife he woved fidelity and blindness at the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His saying demonstrats exactly what Dan and Lori did they attracted each others but both WERE NOT LOVE EACH OTHERS AND THERE WAS NOT SEX BETWEEN THEM. Lori lived with them for more months and Dan and Lori were likelable to each others and NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!! They said each others as 2 friends and ONLY THIS!!!!!! The Author showed with last common sex scen Dan loved his wife alone only he (and Lori) was (were) not blinds. Slirpluss's story "Big Mouth" showed in the other excellent angle this. Yes It may be cheating without sex, when the other spouse, constant mate destroys the common interests (common fortune, working relation, health status, etc..), for example the gambling/drug/alcohol/violance abusers cheat on their spouses-constans mates so!!!!!!!!!!!!

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Apology

I am sorry, I fix my sentence: One of my good friends told his wife he woved fidelity and no blindness at the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
5*****

Cruel Revenge Story 5***** from me. Now the critics from me: The Authors several times forget to increase the level of the revenge at their Cruel or Modern Figaro Type Revenge Stories with a good Remantic Revenge Situation at the end or before the epiloge. For example here the exwife lives in same city as the Dan and Lori so an ACCIDENTALY (because the power of the surprise to obstacle for the fake mimic and body talk) meeting Dan, Lori + 2 children with happiness and the lonely or periodic dating exwife is excelent possibility for Revenge Story Authors to contrast the revenge to bigger!!!!!!!! Azpiri "shattered 03 Chapter is an excellent example for it!

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Apology

Very good and excelent story and I enjoy much with the Second Chance together, I like the longer aftermath, but I am greedy a little how it would be better ..........

Exactly: Romantic Revenge Situation...............Very good revenge level increasing writer instrument: Examples:

BeerMaker "Dawn: A Cheating Slut Wife" After the fantastic Modern Figaro Type Revenge the exwife's son has not wanted to meet his biological mother for 5 years only with his NO BIOLOGICAL DAD, the exwife's daughter DID NOT INVITE HER BIOLOGICAL MOTHER FOR HER WEDDING BUT HER NO BIOLOGICAL DAD!!!!!

StangStar06 "Back on the Block Ch. 01" The exwife's parents force their daughter the exwife to go the exhusband's wedding!!!!!!!!!

MrRobur "Thy Name is Whore" After the divorce the exhusband meets the exwife and newer constant mate candidate in a restaurent and the exhusband tells the new constant mate candidate to see a place in the exwife's house, where there are hid DVDs with orgy during dating time with the new constant mate candidate. The new constant mate candidate runs away to the house (he has key) to look at DVDs.

Crazy CRYING SLUT EXWIFE IN THE RESTAURANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tazz317tazz317about 11 years ago
ALL'S WELL THAN ENDS GOOD

once again lack of communication ruins lifes, TK U MLJ LV NV

JonATaylorJonATaylorabout 11 years ago
Two Stories in One

Revenge followed by romance. Good stuff well written.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Not 2 stories but 1 classical revenge story

@ JonATaylor You are wrong, because this story is 1 story. The clasical revenge story consists of 4 parts: The past of the pair, the discovering of the cheating, the revenge and the aftermath. The aftermath is in a classical revenge story a succesful finding of the Second Chance woman as this is best healing from the betrayal.

Several times the finding the right woman will be the Romantic Revenge Situation against the cheating exwife...........................

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
twofer

2 stories in 1 as a previous poster wrote.

Both well done, thanks for the fine tale

Sid0604Sid0604about 11 years ago
Thank you

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story.

Certainly worth 5 stars.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Loved it

All is well that ends well..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nice to see a story where nobody's right.

I don't know if it was intentional on the author's part, but the blatant emotional adultery on the husband's part was a surprising change-up from the usual loving wives story. Because there's absolutely no way to justify that "soulmate in another universe" chatter between a man and a woman who are married to other people; that discussion and realization of such a connection is meant for and ONLY for the husband and wife. Almost all common variations of the marital vows include some variation on faithfulness, and that faithfulness is not just limited to where you stick your dick or who you kiss. It's a firm, committed and sole devotion to one's partner, with utter respect for that commitment. When you have such an emotional bond with someone you are not married to that you consider them a soulmate, you've still cheated whether you consummate that relationship or not. You can't divide your heart in two and call it faithful.

I'm sure the die-hard BTB fans won't like that a bit, but to be honest, they don't seem to like any story that doesn't allow the husband to get away with everything including mass-murder, gang-rape, theft, and any other crime under the sun. I like traditional BTB stories myself, but they've been done to death. Ignore the cucks and anti-cucks. To quote South Park, they're Jimmy and Timmeh all over again.

No rating, because I'm not sure what your intent was.

If the way I'm reading it was the way it was intended, a story about cheating on both sides of the equation, then five stars for an awesome non-standard story.

If it was a traditional low-grade BTB story, then three stars for churning out the usual "she won't give me children because she's cheating" story with nothing new to offer the vast pool of cheating/loving wives stories, and poorly written as the husband is no better than his wife.

What's the difference? Creativity is the key ingredient in a winning recipe.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 11 years ago
I liked it

Typical QHM1 story, with tangled relationships and tough situations. I don't agree with the others, it is clear that Lori and Ron had feelings for each other but I don't think they were emotionally cheating with each other, nothing they did was below board and they were careful not to get entangled in a way they shouldn't. Dan says Lori was becoming a soul mate, but the implication was they both knew where the line was, and it wasn't like Dan was freezing Jane out. Emotional cheating is when you are sharing with others things you should be sharing with your wife, and this doesn't sound like that, it sounds simply like Dan and Lori were good friends who loved each other but kept up the appropriate walls.

As far as Jane cheating with Ron, I suspect she was angry at Dan because he wanted kids and knew that Ron simply wanted to fuck, that there was no pressure with him, no having to explain abiout not having kids. Could also be that Ron convinced Jane that Dan really loved Lori or otherwise lied and told her that Lori and Dan had cheated or were planning to.......but the blame here is with Jane primarily, she lied to Dan about wanting kids, lied about the birth control and then was fucking Ron,which sounds like he thought, that she was self centered and such.

I would be interesting to see an epilog to this one, maybe from Jane's view, to see why she did what she did, did she really love Dan, or was she with him simply because she knew in the future he would be well off? Did she screw Ron because she had been told Dan and Lori were screwing around, or was it sheer lust, where she thought Dan wanted her to be mommy in mu-mu's and Ron found her sexy? And did she regret what happened, or was she resigned to it?

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Could the compliments be cheating?

@ Dear Anon the puritan life rules are unsustainable principle in the modern world.

In the true life the 100% comintment may be an ideal only. I think the maximum what it must claim the lack of the physical cheating (from the blowjob to the hardcore sex, from the kiss to the anal etc.) the mutual respect and the common struggle for the family (with the children), this can give 100% mutual trust. However to say COMPLIMENT for others as Dan said to Lori (and vica versa) is agains to the PURITAN LIFE RULES, but NO CHEATING AT ALL in the modern World!

To read erotic stories by married people IS NOT CHEATING FROM THE PURITAN POV?????

They lived more months together and they knew each others almost 100% (the sex was not between them). The true life ovewrites the puritan life rules.

From a revenge story fan.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Hungarian way of saying Owl says sparrow You are big headed bird!

@ Cpete An clasical revenge story wants to show the readers the living well or better plote, so second part of this story is the dealing with the total emotional heal up. The problem is the Author does not use the Romantic Revenge Situation possibilti in the story. The exwife lives same town, they Dan and the exwife meet accidentaly (common friends, occasions) the Author himself writes in the story, I did not imagine it, why does not he increase the revenge. The majority of the revenge is against the loverboy (A well written Cruel Revenge) the exwife gets the leftover after the prenuptial, but no more revenge in the story. To show the total happiness with 2 children in an accidental meeting, or to write an abuser second husband (this was not omit by Matt Moreau in the "Madifan And Jessica Carlisle")or whatever something others ideas..........

You Cpete publishes on SOL (storiesonline.net), so you can read A.A.Nemo excellent revenge story there "Fiftieth Birthday". In that fantastic revenge story is everything (for example 2 romantic affairs for the betrayed exhusband), but the Author does not omit the accidental meeting with happy exhusband with the new wife and the children and the exwife.........

I wrote in the title the Hungarian way of saying: "Owl says sparrow You are big headed bird!" You wrote such way your excellent revenge stories, that the Romantic Revenge Situations were filled in your stories and the Romantic healing up from the betraying was filled TOTALY IN YOUR STORIES!!!! 3 examples

"Family Guy", "Postcards" and "Ugly American".

BTW I like very much your stories Cpete!

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years ago
5*!

And you turned it into a romantic story that could easily make the transition to a Hallmark made for TV movie! Well done!

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Thanks ***

For the read.

ErotonautErotonautabout 11 years ago
Great story

Very well written, with excellent characterisation and development. (Two teeny points: spermatazoa are checked for 'motility', not 'mobility', and the marital agreement is called a 'pre-nup'.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Made me feel happy

I liked it so much I C---d.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Excellent

A true romance classic. Just had to get rid of the other cheating spouses to discover true love.

Ahhhh. fantasy is grand, isn't it?

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
Excellent

A little melodramatic with the romance stuff, but I liked it. I appreciated and understood the hubby's "fuck it, it's over, and I don't want to hear about it" attitude. That said, I was curious about the wife's emotional sexual connection to hubby the night after she found out her friend was leaving. Was it motivated by guilt? Love? Fear (if so, of what?)? I thought that, maybe, the wife was going to repent, but perhaps it would be too late. But, she hops back into it on Saturday, as scheduled, with only a passing suggestion that maybe they stop, or maybe they should change locations. Frankly, I was curious about the wife's story.

I thought this was really well done, and could have used a longer treatment. While I appreciated the allusions to the growing attraction between hubby and wife's friend, I didn't quite see how she had been becoming his "soul mate." I didn't see how wife was evidently self centered (asside from the cheating and child-bearing dishonesty, of course; but hubby didn't know about that) upon hubby's reflection: she seemed like a good friend, etc. I must say that it is a sign of a good story when the reader wants more, and I did.

fregenfregenabout 11 years ago
Most Excellent

Really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great.

and I agree with BTTap

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
wow wow wow WOW!!!

I love and hated this story. I was teary-eyed in the end. The situation of Lori's availability was not clear at first. What I mean is she could've remarried or been off the market. The situation of Dan was obvious. The love was omnipresent and the author let it hangout like the preverbial elephant in the room. Janie and Ron were despicable and got their just cold platters of revenge which could've been a little more extensive and dramatic as far as I was concerned. I enjoy a great revenge, that's just me I guess.

The central theme of Dan Lori was well adhered and well developed. I would've loved to have seen more at the end but the author was clear in the point of the magic of Dan and Lori's nuptial bliss. The emails were a magnificent touch and quite conclusive especially with Lori's colleagues intervention and Dan's reciprocity with the flower bouquets. Great story nicely done one of my favorites. Thank you for a great read!!!!

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago
no tears

no tears but i loved the story. crazy about love stories.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it!

Excellent writing, as always. Very engaging storyline. Very unique it how he found out and then ended the marriage. Usually I expect more closure when a marriage ends, expecting the cheating spouse to beg, plead and suffer. While that didn't happen here, her relative silence and quick exit fit perfectly with your description of her. You set it up perfectly - usually hard to do in such a short story. That takes skill.

TalonsreachTalonsreachabout 11 years ago
Appropriate response

While it is entertaining to read a BTB story Dan's reaction would be more like real life. Yes there is heartache. Yes there are feeling of inadequacy that would surface. Yes there would be feelings of immense loss and anger.

Not hiring a private detective would be more like real life as well as most guys I know of can't afford one and most states don't give a damn if there was cheating done or not anyway so it is a complete waste of time and resources just to get evidence that tortures the heart further.

All in all I give kudo's (and 5 stars) to a well written piece that more accurately portrays a real life crisis and solution. Great job, Q. Keep it up and most of all keep writing.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 11 years ago
Very well done

A excellent storyline and a well written story.

A lot of heart felt emotions are writen into this story and the author has brought out all of the hurt and anguish that the characers felt.

Thanks for the good read.

FrankjrBauerFrankjrBauerabout 11 years ago
Indeed, a good story, well done...

and despite the fact the ending was predictable, I liked it. However I AM really struggling with this Janie character because you let us readers be completely clueless. There was not the slightiest hint why she did what she did, not even a giveaway. Some preceding commenter tried to find some reasons but I am not really pleased with it and to say she was a stupid woman ist just not enough for me. Unfortunately you even decribed Dan as a very good lover. Because it is a very well written story with a good emotionel background I already edited it to my satisfaction - like I do with a lot of stories - that I could give you five stars.

Thanks for writing and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
One of the best story I've read for awhile.

It's certainly nice to get away from all the garbage posted on this site lately. Keep up the good work. Cheers.

PetersimpsonPetersimpsonabout 11 years ago
Excellent Story

That was well-written, enjoyable and had a good ending - a love story in fact. Well done and please write more.

Ca501Ca501about 11 years ago
More

Excellent, moving and very enjoyable. A sequel would be appropriate and much read. Thanks

VickieTernVickieTernabout 11 years ago
Awwww!

And I really mean it! Awwwww! How sweet!

juanviejojuanviejoabout 11 years ago
Hermosa historia! Le di cinco estrellas!

Creo que la historia era excelente, sino que ha sido un largo tiempo desde que he leído una historia tan buena.

Thank you for the good and nice story. I give you 5 Star, amigo!

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
great love story

If Literotica is a garden then this story was a priceless flower in full bloom. It had drama intrigue treachery deceit romance love and finally a happy ending. Second read was better than the first. Thank you!

McMahonSMcMahonSabout 11 years ago
Endorsement

phil2213 says it all in the opinion of this old romantic who knows what it is to go through the mill.

ValerionValerionalmost 11 years ago
Thank you

I've been on Literotica for a few years now and I don't really know how I ended up reading all of the loving wives stories, especially the divorce stories. After all of the stories I've read, I've noticed I've become really cynical about marriage and love in general, even though I've never experienced either myself. I'm happy to say that this story was lovely enough to crack the shell of ice around my heart. Maybe this sort of love is exceedingly rare, but maybe, just maybe, it's worth hoping and searching for. Thank you.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Thanks

Enjoyed it again for the first time :)

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
better again

just like so many of your stories. They get better with each reading. thank you

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
5 Stars!

Very upbeat, emotionally satisfying tale. Not sure that the two lovers needed to wait a year to get together, but you are the author and that is your decision. Look forward to more of your work, Qhml1 . Dan

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Nice story

I would have ended it with Dan showing up with an engagement ring the day the other 3 got their bouquets, but still, well done.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Yes a definite winner

I too was expecting him to show up as she read the e-mail - but this worked reasonably well - a bit sub-alpha male but still OK lol

The whole premise was a fascinating one - the idiot Ron gets a hold of the intelligent but selfish wife after she learns he is a womanizing abuser?? That part would stretch credibility more than a little but whatever heh

bobby9909bobby9909over 10 years ago
Very Good Read

5* Curious about Janie's reasons for cheating, though. Especially when she knew what a jerk Ron was. Also curious if Ron was her first...

TenderLovinCarenTenderLovinCarenover 10 years ago
Enjoyied it!

I know all stories don't HAVE to have a sex scene, but another chapter with a fabulous, tender, true "lovemaking" session would have put the icing on the cake of this sweet story!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Re-read it today...

...and I regret that I cannot add more stars!!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 10 years ago
First Read, Missed this somehow

I guess you should always look back over your favorite authors from time to time in case you missed a story!

All I can say is GOOD READ! Well worth time reading!

5 stars!!!!

Thanks for posting and I will keep reading and now checking back!

Damn if I didn't have to eat and a roof over my head I wouldn't work and could spend more time enjoying life including reading good stories and authors like

qhml1

: )

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I liked it

and gave 4 stars. I, like others, was baffled by Janies's cheating. The set up makes us think that it had only been going on for about 6 months before discovery. Still, she was well aware of what kind of scumbag he was, so yes, a little more insight into her mindset would have helped in developing her character. Instead, basically, Janie was reduced to that of a mere foil. SOMEBODY had to be the cheating wife in this story. You really wanted to set up a tale justifying a romance, and eventual marriage to the ex's former best friend. You do spend some time with Dan reflecting how love had blinded him a little to true characteristics in her personality, (he never realized how shallow and selfish she was), but that is still quite a leap for her to suddenly, after 6 years in a strong relationship, risk it all. And this is especially true to do it with a known total asshole, the same man who had destroyed her best friend. She HAD to totally understand the devastating consequences, so it had to be something pretty specific to get her to overcome all that. I think it would have almost been more believable for her to pick someone else to cheat with, since in order for your story premise to work, she was destined to cheat. But providing some of the juicy details would have also helped to establish Dan's pain at her betrayal. Anyway, well written as usual, but I caution NOT to adhere to formulas when creating characters. They ALL deserve distinctive and well constructed personalities. You have always shown care and great attention to detail in this regard, in other stories of yours that I have read. So may be you learned from the experience of writing this one. Another sign of a talented author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Limp

What a lame, sorry revenge tale. Guess the faggot didn't have enough balls to bring the heat. Some call it Taking The High Road, but men call it Being A Pussy.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 10 years ago
****

I liked it a lot. Romantic and tragic. A bit of revenge on the first broad would have been in bounds. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love the ending

You're saying that Janie was his HEARTMATE; A-R-G-H, no way in hell! She was his & Lori's worst enemy. I mean c'mon; she'd cheat on her husband with Lori's EX, BS, BS, BS. Please wash your mouth out with soap, every day she was destroying Dan's hope for a family with children. She also knew that Dan & Lori were a better match.

? Hmmmm ? why would the story start with "Do you really mean it?"; if Dan didn't already subconsciously think that there were problems?

THX; DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
EXCELLENT !

I can truly enjoy this kind of story, and did so. An excellent read, worthy of 5*****, my compliments to a fine writer. Saratu

PennMusicPennMusicabout 10 years ago
Nice Story...

Only thing I would have liked to see was more resolution to the story. An epilogue to tell about the wedding(?) and how Janie reacted when she found about them. Things like that. It just felt like the story ended too soon...but nice story.

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 10 years ago
Well done!

My only complaint is that it took him so long to get his head out of his ass and that he made her come to him! What happened to the man on the white horse, riding in with roses and a ring and sweeping his woman away with him????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great story

my real question is why was it not finished with a epilogue

if you read some of the writer's other stories

they have epilogue to them.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
his wife was not so smart

or as good a friend as we thought.

I am happy for the "soulmates" but would like to know more about what happened to the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ending

Sometimes I think the people clamoring for an extended story just don't have any imagination or appreciate the beauty of the writing as it stands. Sometimes it's nice to ponder over the story and come up with one's own conclusions.

No apology needed for the story or ending - I don't think I've read other stories from this author but look forward to doing so in anticipation of such quality storytelling.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
5 stars!

What a nice story!!

sdc92078sdc92078over 9 years ago
Ron

If Dan had enough money to make Ron's life hell if he stayed in town, he probably had enough to make Ron's life hell wherever he went. Ron and Janie should both have spent the next ten years or so sleeping with one eye open and looking over their shoulders everywhere they went.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatover 9 years ago
Dang it, I love Q's stories.

If only this one was a little bit longer, it ended so abruptly ): .

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Nice

A happy ending. That's what he world needs more of today. True love wins in the end. To hell with the cheaters.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 9 years ago
Nice story

Certainly worth 5*. I do understand the scoring for this one.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Very good story..

Very good story...Thank you

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
nice

thank you, I needed that

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Great work

Very well told & written. It's amazing ,how, in the hands of a good author a fairly basic & simple plot can be developed into a loving & touching story. 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
***** !!

Oh, so wonderfully written ! It brought tears and woke-up old emotions. This is the sign of a genius author.

Thank you qhml ! 'Annie'

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
very good love story

its a shame Janie lost her best friend and husband to a jerk but her decision.

glad that lori got her act together and went back to see dan its best for both.

do you have a follow up story on Dan and Lori where maybe Janie comes into the picture later to try and win him back? If not maybe you could write one. it is in my favorites.

Ron

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Awww...

I'm all misty eyed.

Not really cause I'm a guy. BUT. Really great story.

Not a BTB story but a BTC story. Burn The Chump.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Super story

A truly nice and enjoyable story to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A feel good story!

Love lost love found .a happy ending!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Just Wonderful

At first I thought Janie found out about the abortion, and thought that HE was the father and that was why she cheated.

Look like she doesn't even have that feeble excuse!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Now that's what I call entertaining.

A loving wives story. It has all the elements needed to make a entertaining good read. Love and the consequences of cheating. And the cuckie lovers wonder why guys like me come back to loving wives daily. It's not for the swinging, it's not for the willing cuckoldry, it's not for the fetishes, it's for a story of marriages that go wrong and the aftermath. Makes for interesting reading, wouldn't you say? "Swingerjoe" take note. Here is the answer to the question you ask so many times. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great story

YES IT IS IN MY FAVORITES. TO BAD HIS HEARTMATE(THE EX WIFE) SPREAD HER LEGS FOR GOOD OLD RON BUT THAT JUST SHOWED THAT SHE TRULY DID NOT LOVE HIM(BESIDES DOING EVERYTHING SHE COULD TO NOT HAVE KIDS) IF SHE HAD USED HER BRAIN SHE COULD HAVE HAD A LOVING HUSBAND KIDS AND BEEN RICH NOT JUST WITH MONEY BUT WITH LOVE.

NOW LORI LOVED HIM TRULY AND HE LOVED HER THEY AS HE SAID ARE SOULMATES. THEY DESERVE TO GROW OLD TOGETHER.

HOPING FOR A SEQUEL ABOUT DAN AND LORI

RON TEXAS cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

G0OD STORY,I MEAN THE BEST.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 9 years ago
Second reading

I think I enjoyed this story even more the second time I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
great story

To bad his wife did not l ove Dan. Great that Lori did.

How about a sequel about the happy couple and you might want to write something about his cheating ex wife and what she threw away for a total asshole

Ron. Texas. cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
WHEN YOU PUT IDEAS IN A BASKET

and select only one, how could you know. TK U MLJ LV NV

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 9 years ago
be smart

Cheaters, if you don't want to lose your spouse, don't cheat. You will eventually get caught. Remember that everyone is replaceable.

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Wonderful

What else is there to say? Some might like more information on Julie's motivation, but it's not necessary, because, really, she is incidental to the story. It's a love story, and Julie, and her infidelity, were only needed as a mechanism to free Dan to follow his heart. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This is my sixth re-read. I always come to this Author when I am down.

Sir,you make me smile and you make me cry. No one ever had this effect ! I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

'annie'

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Does anybody really care about the cheaters' reasons for what they do?

I know I don't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I think

Dan was emotionally involved with Lori before his wife ever cheated. His wife knew that hence the cheating. They are all guilty. I don't feel sorry for Dan at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

"I saw her once at a funeral, and again at a wedding. She tried to start a conversation both times, but I just smiled, said hello, and walked on."

Yep, same with me. My girlfriend cheated on me with an old boyfriend and I was stupid enough to take her back after she swore it would never happen again. Note to self, never believe a cheater again. But then we got married and were about to try for a baby. She had went off the pill a few weeks before and she was coming close to her fertile time. I noticed she was acting a bit 'off', but was so busy with work, I never thought about it again.

Until I forgot some work files and went home to get them. Tom's car was there and I knew, I knew in that instant what was going on. I snuck into the house with my cellphone video ready to go, peeked in my bedroom to find her riding his cock and I caught it all on video. Their grunting, moaning and trash talk, her tight pussy and his big cock. Taking a good look when she was on the upstroke, I wondered why she ever married me and my dinky little 7" cock, he was pushing over 8" or more. And she was taking it all and begging for more.

It wasn't until she came which set him off and she leaned forward on him, laying and catching her breath when they both happened to notice me standing in the bedroom door, still recording. What happened then was the usual, screaming, shouting and a couple punches thrown. Tom left with his pants in his hands and a broken nose bleeding everywhere. My wife was right behind him, I let her know in no uncertain terms, he was her ride.

6 months later and the divorce was final. The video and its possible release to folks she didn't want to see it was all it took to have her sign on the dotted line. She took nothing from our few years together but her clothes. When she came over to get those, I made a big show of getting out all our pictures and just when she thought she'd get them all, I tossed them in the hot fireplace. Her tears and look of betrayal made my day. I wanted to erase myself from her and that was the best way I could think of, our town was tiny, less than 1200. My job, fairly high paying was there and I couldn't lose it. Besides, my home was paid for, a college graduation gift from my grandparents.

She moved in with Tom. After our divorce was final, they started talking about marriage and she started wearing an engagement ring. The first time I saw her was when we signed the final papers and when she talked to me, I just turned and left, like she'd never made a sound. After that, anytime I saw her around town or on the street, I just ignored her. More times than I can say, she tried to start a conversation but I never said a word to her again, ever.

She finally married Tom. Maybe you think I should have done something but in my own way, I was sure I was. My best way of getting back at her was to make sure they married and she soon found out why. He was a beater. I'd heard whispers before, apparently my ex hadn't and it wasn't long before she started wearing long sleeves and big sunglasses.

We were all sitting around in my house one Christmas day when there was a knock at the door. My entire family was there, over 40 people who had loved my ex and my ex loved them. Opening the door, my mom hollered at me and when I went to see what it was, it was my ex, battered and bleeding. I called 911 and then sat her down on the steps of my porch and went back in to the party. My mother was livid but I couldn't care less. The ambulance came and she went to the hospital, with my mother in close pursuit.

My ex had no where to go. With no money and a husband that almost beat her to death, she was about to be homeless. My parents were enraged when I refused to help and took her in their selves when I wouldn't. The thing was, I refused to speak with them or let them in my house as long as they provided for my ex. I never told them why, but they soon figured it out on their own and helped her to find her own place and a job.

After a few months, to everyone's chagrin, my ex eventually moved back and reunited with Tom, her husband. Everyone knew he was beating her but it was her decision. They soon moved away and I never heard about her again. She deserved everything she got, imho. I eventually remarried and just recently celebrated out 12th anniversary, we have three boys too. Word on the street said my ex, who wanted children in the worst way found out before they moved away, she would never have children, Tom had beaten her too badly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8895 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...