All Comments on 'You Get What You Fucking Deserve'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
I really enjoyed this...

Thanks; this was very well done, I almost wish I had some one like that when I was going through my divorce; although I'm one of those who believe two wrongs don't make a right...still, great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thecnically well written

but on the other hand it was near souless writing. The main character (near obese though she may be) was a basket case of psychological issues, few of which could be conquered with psyciatric medications. To say she was dysfunctional gives a bad name to those who are only dysfuncitonal. Of course in pure Freudian theory she was a mess because of what her parents played out in front of her in their pyschodrama. The author of course puts most of the blame on the mother, interesting choice for a middle aged woman from the UK. One final comment is that it is patently obvious that in this flash story no one was healed by the almost total lack of revelations presented. Guess we readers are left to believe that the heroine going back to her mother after all these years was a step to healing. I sincerely doubt it since the mother was the original facilitaor in the heroine's downward spiral.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
A TRUE RENDITION OF THE OTHER WOMAN

and in the end its always MOM who has some of the answers, TK U MLJ LV NV

Tara CoxTara Coxover 11 years agoAuthor
Redemption...

Actually...yes, the heroine is a basket case. But did you not catch the bit about catharsis? She does find redemption by finally facing her mother...first in the form of the new divorcee and that actually gives her the strength to face her real mother, yes the root cause of her issues.

As for middle ages...you are only as old as the men you feel...so that makes me about 25 (LOL). An even though I live in the UK...I am American and Southern...to the core/Corps.

And honestly...most people are basket cases, walking around with hundreds of issues...and we got most of those from our parents. It is never a case of not screwing up our children...but rather how badly we do it.

But then again...I'm an optimist.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
A little stagey but fundamentally sound flash story

The author is onto something with some wives who see themselves as uncrowned queens and their husbands as peasants. Keep up that tude' and the peasants will revolt. Nice twist, in making Amber the other woman a BBW with trust issues among other dysfunctions of her own.

Four stars is as high as I go for flash stories, unless it dazzled me with it's brilliance. This quick hitter is rated as solid so ****.

VulcezVulcezover 11 years ago
Thought Provoking

We are all damaged in some way and connect with others in a way to fill some holes in our souls. A sort of mosaic puzzle on a global scale.

Well written and definitely a story to make one think. Thank you for your efforts.

JonATaylorJonATaylorover 11 years ago
I Get a Kick

Out of commenters who criticize a writer for the very things that are the strength of her story. This is indeed a psychological piece, written well and succinct. The ending went past these people. She needs to forgive her mother to end the destructive cycle and seek permanent relationships. Five stars.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
Nicely written

Abd a nice twist where.amber.is a bbw and.the wives are perfect trophy wives .in terms of physical attributes but lacking in the human department.The obsession in lw stories is that looks or a big dick draw people to stray when it is often the emotional.Wives looking for someone who pays attention to them and thinks they are special,husbands for someone who seems to accept their needs and listens to.them.Interviews with escorts and prostitutes talk about how a lot of the johns wan rt to.talk about things,have someone listen without judging.....The main character is screwed up,there is no doubt,and there is a reason she foes what she does,she amo.g other things is replicating what she grew up with.to try and heal and is getting back at her mother.While I don't condone cheating this story is more true to life them most,the husbands aren't arrogant pricks,the girl is not mean or evil in intent,and the wives are caught in their own web of deception,my son went to school with a lot of moms like that,who think marriage is status and plastic surgery and the big house,not being with.someo.e you love and care about.Many of the moms wrre second marriage trophy wives who prob were the other woman,no doubt hubby was getting done on the side from her.Nice piece,I want to read more of her work,if like this should be good..thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Was there an ending to this

if so i missed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
scroll up!

Missed it? Scroll up, it's right there, critic boy!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Thank God****

This was written by a woman. Thanks for sharing good read.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 11 years ago
A real 5* read

Tells the story of the other woman from a new and refreshingly different angle.

An interesting take on the world of the other woman.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Great read

I suspect that few wives are as blatant about permitting their hubbies to 'fuck around' (if quiet about it!) as claimed! Otherwise, it is a very thoughtful piece!

droogedroogeover 11 years ago
Great story, great for its realism...

Tara caught an interesting insight into cheating that most LW authors neglect and that is that it isn't all about sex and nothing is black or white. Blame is never a one way stream because like Tango it takes two to kill a marriage. She goes over the 10" dicks and multi-orgasmic innocent housewives and poor clueless husband which is about as realistic and commonplace as an honest politician. Though the authors here are not only writing fiction but also fantasy and some of it with great skill and therfore are forgiven for their exaggerations it is good to read an unusual, well thought out and well written story that omit these apparently obligatory ingredients to a LW story for a change 5*+

StangStar06StangStar06over 11 years ago
I absolutely loved it

I loved the fresh point to view. I love the way you turn a phrase. I love the character. A lot of us write about the every man, that average guy who isn't a six foot 249 pound Adonis with a foot long dick. Welcome to the every woman. I love the fact that the woman who gave these men such pleasure isn't a Victoria secret model, but an average woman. Excellent job!

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Excellent writing

and genuine originality. A very different - and interesting - POV.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Interesting POV

Interesting POV. I give 5***** for the new angle.

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
Outstanding!

Well done T-N.

Truely a view from the other side of the coin, that was nicely writen to boot!

Thanks for posting this fine little tale.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Very creative. Well written. Interesting hypothesis.

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
Loved

The way mom "shrilled" at the End.

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
Simply brilliant writing

Fantastic pace to the scene. And a fresh point of view never read in this section before by myself. Usually I rail against this character type with some inane comment that women are life support systems for their cunts with few other redeeming qualities. A statement I will now bury and never voice again thanks to this insight. This story just sounds so plausible and dare I say based in some factual episode

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a very good read :-)

the title does not do this story justice ... I wasnt quite sure if I wanted to read it, but the description made me curious

once I started into the story I got a very pleasant surprise ... this is a top notch story from a fascinating point of view

very well done ! :-)

anon606anon606over 11 years ago
My God ...

... she shines, glorious and warm!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Real life

I was that guy moved on and found a women my age that took care of our relationship and me. That was 10 years ago and looking back I should have given up on the old relationship sooner. I look forward to more of your writing. A 5 plus!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Without a doubt, an amazing story!!

Very sad...very tragic; but accurate and poignant and filled with pathos. How many couples, men and women, have gone through their marriages with the same reason. The happy relationship they expected turns out to a pig in the poke.

Wow. Simply, wow.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxover 11 years ago
I liked this.

You get 5 stars.

PoesproppiePoesproppieover 11 years ago
Excellent

What a breath of fresh air, you handled this so well, it could have graced the pages of any up market woman's magazine excellent please do carry on writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow.

Now there's a view from a new perspective. Thanks so much for this.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Great Tale

Still. no matter if the cheating husbands were getting what they weren't getting home, That still makes our little lover girl a home wrecker. Justified or not. Yes, talk to your mother. You can go into therapy together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I know the woman in the story

or at least one way too similar to her.

I'm the guy who tried to love her as she was, and got lied to and treated like crap for my trouble until she finally pushed me away.

sadly, the one I know in real life is still playing her game with anyone with a dick.

me, I'm due to be married this year. couldn't ne happier :)

max052max052almost 11 years ago
Yes, five stars

Your point was spot on for accuracy, but it was only half the story. Love, relationships and communication are two way streets. You made a case for the husbands not getting what they need from their wives. Were the wives getting what they need from their husbands? Mine didn't so looked for it elsewhere. It takes two to make a marriage and two to make a divorce. I accept my half of the blame for our divorce, my (ex) wife accepts her half.

A thought on Stephen, by the way. It was obvious from his reaction to the phone call that he felt weak and helpless where his wife was concerned. I wonder if it occurred to him to stand up to her and demand what it is he needs. I also wonder if he would give what it is he's not getting. Maybe Stephan is also getting what he fucking deserves. Whenever I look for my problem, I know where to find it. In the mirror.

Thank you for such a thoughtful and thought provoking submission, I wish you well.

max052

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 10 years ago
A different perspective, to be sure.

Someone said it takes two to divorce. Not necessarily. All it takes is for one to lose sight of the other. If the other wants to swallow their pride and take the abuse, or neglect, then the marriage will remain. If the other stands up for themself and the one won't change, then the marriage is over. You could say they're both to blame but, you'd be wrong, in this example.

I know. Been there, done that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well that was just.....

weird. Couldn't get behind this one. Just too mixed up.

wweary101wweary101about 10 years ago
An existential experience

This is most decidedly a different sort of read from what is generally offered on Literotica. It is like reading a Dostoyevsky story. There is depth to this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I got to this story after finding 'The Marriage Counselor'.

I am generally a BTB reader, but that is just due to my experiences. I hold nothing against women in particular... just cheats.

That's me.

And now to you:

After reading your work, I can only say... wow, what a complex person you are.

I am not into alternative lifestyles, but variety makes this world interesting. I am not into extramarital fun, but your life is your own choice.

I can, however, make the following comment, hiding under my anon name:

Wow, what a wonderful, complex, deep person you are. Your work is a notch above. It is real thinking stuff. I like that you are engaged, proactive in life, and expressing it for all others to see. And from both stories that I read, I gather you are also an artist. I am not surprised: art requires intelligence, insight, bravery and often empathy.

I also LOVE that you do not write about getting off on other people's humiliation, which occurs a lot in Loving Wives, and attracts a HUGE amount of vitriol, from commentators both sides of the fence.

While I do not gel with all your choices, I do know one thing when I see it:

A true heart.

Thanks for your great stories. Your partner is one very lucky person.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
Just discovered you

and really enjoyed this particular story. I have to assume it is a bit autobiographical, and as such, I really enjoy your insights into the human pysche.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
No rating...

I could not rate this story...Too much emotional problems, she needed psychiatric help since childwood...But one thing I know...Not a LW story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
impotent since 1958 just doesn't get it

You called out the Loving Wives who give their husbands carte Blanche to get their needs met as long as they proceed home with their paychecks. Too bad he, the imp, can only interpret words on the nose. Literally. Probably can't define the word sardonicism.

southwestcavsouthwestcavover 9 years ago
Superb twist based regrettably on what is too often reality

I have seen divorces up close and personal. Too often the wife had obtained what she wanted and lost, however unintentionally, interest in and respect for the husband. This story presents the other side in a warm albeit bittersweet way.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Self-Serving Prattle

First of all, I doubt that ALL of her lovers' wives gave them "permission" to have discreet extra-marital sex.

Second, regardless of the quality of their sex lives and the "permission" of their wives, these husbands have an obligation to work WITH their wives to improve things or man up and leave the marriage. In the RARE case where there is some sort of open arrangement they had better a) be prepared to reciprocate if their wife also seeks other lovers, and b) stick to the agreement and don't jeopardize the marriage.

Third, while it may be the husband's responsibility to maintain his fidelity, she has no business providing him the opportunity to cheat.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiabout 9 years ago
to KarenE

a wife often takes her husband for granted not providing him with the support he needs. Women use sex or affection as a weapon or bargaining tool. It is her way of asserting control in the marriage and placing herself ahead of her husband. I read in a lot in these stories how the wife cheats because the husband spends too much time at work or doesn't treat the wife as special all the time. Well that works both ways, as normally the wife has more time to create those special times together so why doesn't she do so. The break down of the marriage is an epidemic in this modern time but in the past the husband was the provider and the wife was the supporter it seemed to work a whole lot better then. T

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
I agree with KarenE

Two wrongs don't make a right. Also, to put it mildly, Amber has issues; and these "men" are taking advantage of her. I use the term men loosely as a man would stand up to his bitchy wife and divorce her if she won't treat him with love and respect.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
sad

still angry all this time later and she still doesn't understand why

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 9 years ago
Different and Interesting

Enjoyed this story, a nice and entertaining diversion from other LW stories.

Thank you and please keep writing.

gardalmungardalmunover 8 years ago
Open marriage or not

When the wife stops sex for other than medical reasons and if she is not working on a way to make it work she gets what she deserves. ';~).

A good sex life a necessity of life.

Each person gets to make their own decision as to what is good. Daily, weekly, monthy, annually or never but they shouldn't be forcing that choice on anyone else.

While we were in our fourties the ex decided the we were done. I gave it 5 Years because I did lover her but I was sick of the show she put on for others. Teasing me in front of friends and family to show them what a great wife I had only to be told later at home that nothing was going to happen.

She told me may times to get to somewhere else but to make sure that no one found out. That was bullshit. I told her that I'd look elsewhere after she told our families and friend that it was her choice to cut me off and make me go out looking for it.

I wasn't going to look like the cheating ass. I ended the relationship. I had no choice.

You reap what you sow.

Loved the story. 5

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 8 years ago
Let's follow one from the beginning...

At some point,a guy meets a gal... They find they have enough in common that they decide to date... Then become familiar... And finally get engaged and wed...

Years pass... For whatever reason, what the gal wants changes... She uses feminine wiles to get what she wants from their marriage... She gives him the cold shoulder or the silent treatment or withholds on the sex... all the while breaking her husband down...

Things that they used to argue about are now things that are automatically her way.. And soon NEW things are automatically her way as well (her having worn him down so well, using his love for her against him)...

Somewhere in the mix, she's also started to crush him under her heel, NOT only pointing out ALL of his faults but effectively making any GOOD thing he does somehow BECOME a fault... And, for our purposes, this particular instance has the woman telling him to take his worthless hide elsewhere if he wants any form of sexual intercourse (likely ending that sentence with something along the lines of, "as if any woman would BE interested in you.")

Eventually, you've a "Yes, dear, right away, dear, whatever you say, dear" man... With him NOT even able to SEE an exit anymore...

Now...

Enter Amber... Likely there are LOTS of men who are being broke down... But her particular criteria limits it to those given "permission" (not impossible to believe as she's only HAD six of these lovers)...

Now, is she "breaking up" a marriage...? Is that what these couples have...? "For better or for worse" shouldn't INCLUDE when one of the two is the one MAKING it worse... "Forsaking all others" shouldn't INCLUDE when one of the two is then saying "Oh yeah, and forsaking me too"...

So Amber takes these men and SHOWS them an exit... By BEING with them... Truthfully, it's not necessarily even about the sex... The compassion, the interest, the positive reinforcement ALONE could give these guys the strength to save themselves from a toxic marriage... The sex would be both an added bonus and also a way of not only making these guys feel like "people who are worthy" but "men who are worthy"...

Me, I'm going to take this story to indicate that's she right and the wives DID say "Go fuck someone else."

Only problem I have is the very end... I don't get it... Had she decided to confront her mother finally ("I want you to know WHY I hate you, 'mom'...")? Or has she somehow changed her mindset (something I don't see BASED on that last encounter since that woman seemed to reinforce the reasons for her thinking, to me)...? I mean, that woman's "accusations" seemed to only be that she "had her hooks" into the guy... But hooks imply something intended to hurt the person hooked... And the feel we get from her is she's intending to HELP these guys... After all, one called and said "thank you"...

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 8 years ago
Well-written

and an interesting departure for this site which seems obsessed with the sexual power of wives cheating on their husbands. And the most telling dialogue is between wife and "mistress" -- that old-fashioned word. Yes this is in a sense a trip down yesteryear when it was the men who were the main if not the only cheaters. Well described and good dialogue which for me is so important.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well Done!!

The flow of though and construction of this story is awesome!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I kinda see where your coming from

But this is definitely a case of two wrongs DO NOT equal Right. A husband who cheats is a whore and a woman who interferes with a married man is a whore. Fix the damn marriage or divorce. The woman in this story is lower than a snake. I don't know if there is any help or advice for her...

Flar1958Flar1958over 4 years ago
To anonymus (again to afraid to lock in)

Ok i see it is not the fine art BUT sometime you have to had someone to SEE

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Creative Flash

Nice job

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 4 years ago
Punchy writing

Insightful and right to the point. Pow!

pranaykathapranaykathaover 3 years ago

Very nice! I particularly liked the build-up of Amber's character. The opening scene was superb. Amber's emotions and actions are well justified in the story. And the author must get what she fucking deserves - a grand applause and appreciation. Well done, Tara!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A sad non erotica story

This is not erotica, it is describing the thoughts of a seriously messed up person from her point of view (which means facts could be fiction and vice versa). Having a shouting match with her former boyfriend’s ex-wife and later presumably with her mother whom she perceives to be the source of her problem, is not going to heal her nor help her move on with her life, she needs serious professional help. The mention of free and clean, especially the word clean, is that a hint of some form of abuse lurking in the background?

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

One of the best, most original stories I've ever read on this site!!!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

I just can’t see why anyone would praise this story. There is no one here to care about.

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

Very Interesting take on such affairs.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

I liked it a lot. Yes, there are some seriously messed up people here, and that is ok, because the ramifications of her mother’s disregard echo in Amber’s life and her fixation on helping husbands in need of affection and care. Certainly not healthy, but an interesting and provocative story deserving of second thoughts. Thank you.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

That gal needs more help than any 3 MAGA's put together do.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If the bitch wants to help the "poor unhappy husbands" just become a divorce lawyer and have some ethics.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I am in the other side from the commentor 7 months ago, who said she should become a divorce lawyer.

Make no mistake, the last class of person with ethics are divorce lawyers. It would be more ethical to be a hitman.

Divorce law does not concern itself with right or wrong in the slightest, and is designed to support lies until proven wrong, while at the same time, unlike 'innocent until proven guilty', the onus is on the accused to prove their innocence, and it is usually an impossible task.

The courts then use the 'balance of probabilities' instead of relying on facts, as is required by criminal law.

To be a divorce lawyer, you have to be aware of this, know the game, and participate, and for that, you get paid handsomely... generally at the cost of the husband, but that spills over, often stealing the children's legacy too.

It is an evil system, and does not deserve to be hosted under the pretence of justice.

As for this obviously damaged woman, I still back her actions, on one proviso.

That she chooses carefully. That she really, really knows that the recipients of her actions really, really are victims in their own homes.

Her logic is faultless, if she isn't suckered by a player who is out to get whatever he can, which unfortunately is most of the men who go outside of their marriage.

If she is really helping damaged, forgotten, kindly husbands then good on her, because of these men weren't struggling to survive, this girl would never have been able to find a 'client'.

There's more than one way to betray your marriage and disrespect your partner, and the women married to her lover's have done that. They have turned the possibility of a life full of happiness, joy and peace into a living hell. A trap from which they know their husbands are unlikely to escape.

There are other vows in a traditional marriage. They don't only cover love and honour, but they also bind the couple as one flesh... "To have and to hold from this day forward"...

It's in the contract. There is an expectation that your partner will give you an emotional and physical connection, and you are obligated to be that human connection for your partner as well.

She may be imbalanced, may be a little crazy, and a character like her is a unicorn, but I'm with her in that.

An unlikely story, an impossible character, but I get the writing and I'm behind it.

Fuck the detractors.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2503 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

SIMILAR Stories