All Comments on 'On Poetry, Love and Lenny, or...'

by erectus123

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
erectus123erectus123over 11 years agoAuthor
The Lenny Cohn is

most obviously Leonard Cohen, whom I met years back in Ontario where he was doing a brief appearance singing a few of his poem. A big man and a great poet, If his efforts amount to a testicle then my puny efforts are pubic ( perhaps a hair). But even God can be criticized, check out the old testament i.e. Book of Job. Shortly there after Cohen moved into a monastery in Los Angeles, a sign of his discontent or mental problems. On a night off, I met with Lenny at a vegetarian restaurant in China Town, he seemed depressed, his marriage had fallen apart and he said he had not written a line in months. I suggested he write whatever came into his head but he insisted that for him the process of one small poem required rewrites for over a year; no wonder they are such gems. That was the last time I saw him, maybe he found out I stopped at a burger joint before meeting a long time lover late that night. We made love for the entire time Cohen's "Bird on the Wire" LP played.

Ashesh9Ashesh9about 11 years ago
You're a

Deep One o Mighty Erectus !!

tazz317tazz317about 11 years ago
AN SO HE DID

in song and literally,,Chelse Hotel not withstanding, TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usererectus123@erectus123
463 Followers
 Personal Bio Notes: I was born in Belfast, passing through my dear mother's loins, and that is where I find most comfort, passing through with other women, not my mother. I survived through the years of Irish troubles and immigrated to the USA after various family tragedies...