All Comments on 'Beer Song'

by HarryHill

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Ashesh9Ashesh9over 11 years ago
was it an adulterous Goodbye,

Harry !! .??

NeonuroticNeonuroticover 11 years ago
Ya, that's a beer song all right...

Good poem with some dark humor. I've been there myself and fed on the inspiration for awhile and wrote some pretty good poems too.

HarryHillHarryHillover 11 years agoAuthor
For A9

Neither of us were having sex outside the marriage, or inside for that matter. I would LOL but it wasn't funny. Took four years and a lot of writing, tears, and introspection before I got over it. I almost called the book I've been postin on Lit 'Therapy', it helped me get over many issues.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGY

inside a lonely little shack, TK U MLJ LV NV

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 11 years ago
Harry , my sincere apologies

: hope i have not reopened old wounds . Did not mean to be insensitive or callous . Humble apologies , once more.

HarryHillHarryHillover 11 years agoAuthor
No worries A9

I have bloomed like a flower

seeded in winter

..Oh hell, there's a poem in this!

Thanks for the comments

and Tazz, that doggie:

I would not trade him for gold or shoes (smile)

DesejoDesejoover 11 years ago

Ah Harry. Never trust a woman who has 42 pairs of shoes. I hope you planted flowers in them out in the yard. Or gave them to the dog to chew on.

Love the bathtub images in the first stanza. And while it's painful, yes, the humor is good here.

I'd like to hear this song. Do you write music? Tape it for us!

HarryHillHarryHillover 11 years agoAuthor
Desejo,

I have missed your voice, here on the new poems page. Saw your comment above on Demures poem. Wondered whether you were going up or down. (smile)

The shoes, and her closet (and half of mine) of clothes were donated to the local group that refurbish apparel for sale by challenged workers. They all had big smiles as we unloaded the truck full of stuffed black plastic bags. Thanks for the comment, means a lot to a CW.

Harry

TsothaTsothaalmost 10 years ago

As I read, I wondered why the title was "Beer Song". Well, d'oh, me. Here, have a :rose:, Harry. Strong emotion in this, I feel the pain. Well written, the scene is vivid. A small smile at the mention of the shoes, but quickly gone.

...had to laugh at Desejo's comment, though. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarryHill@HarryHill
98 Followers
I believe that to become a writer one must first be a reader; attempt saturation in that endeavor