All Comments on 'We Are All Animals'

by 1Thinkingman

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
nakdsubnakdsubabout 11 years ago
Oh my God...

What a piece of crap again...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
You're An Excellent Writer

Why?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
A couple of notes

Lions are polyestrous (they gestate several times a year) - so that works.

During a mating bout, they copulate anything from 20 to 40 times a day - Timet would not have been satisfied with once.

Lionesses in a pride often synchronise their reproductive cycles so that they cooperate in the raising and suckling of the young - he wouldn't be waiting a few days for her sister.

Okay, it's an allegory - but a little research wouldn't have done any harm?

Having said that, you tried to do something different. Even though I don't think it really worked, I give you kudos for that - and the actual writing wasn't at all bad. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Were you trying to be clever or cute?

Well, you failed. And, as an allegory, this was a monumental flop. Certainly NOT fit for LW category.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
It is interesting

and leaves a lot to think about. I found it fascinating that everyone likes the same diet over and over again. I do to..... but I believe we should respect the creative efforts...

AdjectiveNounVerbAdjectiveNounVerbabout 11 years ago

I too was a lost about the allegory. Also, not a fan here of puns.

I did like the variety of an anthropomorphic story though. Although... what's with the names. "Ben" and "Carl" don't exactly come from the same culture as "Timet." Was that intended to be part of the allegory?

gordo12gordo12about 11 years ago
There is other sections

Humour and Satire for one

Non-erotic

Non-human

Garbage Can

but the LW category???

BriteaseBriteaseabout 11 years ago
Loved it

Very amusing.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
More Relevant Lion Factors

yBadg accurately outlines several cogent aspects of leonine society. There are several others ... One adult male per pride (sometimes two brothers will share). Carl would NOT be cuckolding Ben, he would have been chased off or he would be dead! Also, one lioness (who lives in a pride) will only rarely hunt alone.

Estrus can be induced by a new pride male who has just deposed the previous one, after the new guy kills (and usually, eats) the young get of the previous male! (This does not seem, however, to be relevant to this tale! Especially the cannibalism aspect would not seem to fit the allegory!)

Finally, this story fits MUCH better in Non-Human! But 4* anyway!

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
One more Lion thing

The pride male is not really lazy, he is just not the Hunter. He is the Enforcer! The Muscle! A hyena pack (if large enough) will threaten a hunting group of lionesses for a kill the lionesses have just made. That same pack will flee if they spot the lion bearing down on them! Lions are probably too big to work well as the go-to hunter! If a pride male starts falling down in that primary role, he is likely to be deposed by a more vigorous male!

zed0zed0about 11 years ago
What Were You Thinking?

It's okay to try and be different, the trick is to not be stupid at the same time.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Hee!! Hee!!

Thanks.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Be careful -

Much of your writing seems to go over the heads of the audience here -

It was a fun departure and yes it was about a loving wife -

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
doesn't work

Well it does until you find out male otters will find a female otter and drown her before copulating with the corpse for a week then go off to find another victim or get together with a group of friends and gang-rape baby seals to death.

We're not animals.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Oh

I really like your writing, mostly. Why did you do this to me?

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Sorry

Just couldn't put myself in their place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Two legs taste like pork

like pork not chicken.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Should have been in humor and satire. Very good reading this as that

Enjoyed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user1Thinkingman@1Thinkingman
145 Followers
Part time writer although I haven't written in a few years.

story TAGS