All Comments on 'A Promise Kept'

by Alex De Kok

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
Salamangkiro89Salamangkiro89over 11 years ago
Amazing

I'm halfway reading (starting page 4). And I love the story! The characters are very believable for the time period you set the story in. The best part is that you left the story simple and clean. Not a lot of confusion, and easy to read. From the first paragraph my mind was reading the male protagonist with a southern accent. And such a gentleman!

Thank you so much for writing this piece. I love it! XD

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I loved this piece!

You wrote everything here so splendidly. From the period's jargon to the development of a believable, diverse cast of characters, you captured it all. I'm thoroughly impressed, and really want to read more of your work! Keep it up!

The only part I would change is when he messes up that final "Last Chance" to save himself for their marriage, but even that was written phenomenally and clearly presented. Good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

no sir didnt like one bit. you have this nice kid go out into the world on his own and make something of himself. how can you be so mean as to not let him collect welfare and be a drunken bum? oh wait never mind that only happens these days. forget i said anything it was freaking great.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 11 years ago

I loved it. I was going to pass on it because I'm not really a big fan of these kind of stories. I couldn't stop reading once I started.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent

Just finished reading this tale. It's excellent. The character development is right on. Thank you for sharing your talent.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Excellent Story

A young man grows up.. Reminds me of Woodmanone's work but this time the boy was a fighter but not a gunslinger.

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 11 years ago
Great Tale!

Well Written! Like to see more of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not just lovely, but a beautiful story :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
As a short Western tale this was a great read.

The characters were well developed and believable. It was interesting to read a story about Western growth that was not centered around cowboys. Many types of folks settled the west. Not often you see a cook as the main chacter of a Western.

Keep up the writing. I would be interested to see another story of a similar genre as you did such a great job writing this one.

northlandernorthlanderover 11 years ago
Excellent. Story

Excellent story with good character development about characters that could be believed in. Top marks for the erotica side that matched the period.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 11 years ago
Well written - I really enjoyed this.

Thanks ADK, for this very entertaining short western story. I like your writing style. I hope to read more from you.

fefe428fefe428almost 11 years ago
Very enjoyable

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. I tend to like romance stories that take place in both the old west and old England, so this was right up my alley. I was glad you opted to have Mary turn out to actually be unwed. It was a nice surprise. Very well done!!!

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it! Very well written. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Lovely story

I have read it now for the second time, first on a mobile, so it would have been awkward to comment.

It beautifully brings to life some of the best and also the bad sides of the human history of the developing America.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us and giving us (at least me) some delightful moments.

Storm113Storm113about 10 years ago
very good

every story of yours i read is better than the last. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved it.

Alex you have an easy way of writing and a good sense of story telling. I enjoyed very much.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
One of the best!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your work.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
friends, you should read this

I did enjoy it.

very much

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good Story

Don't pay attention to the anonymous trolls who slag the stories written here. That's a good story, even if the old west isn't really my thing. Thanks for this.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 9 years ago

well done a-yep purtty well done

If'n they aint got the guts to sign their remarks y'all don't need to pay them no never mind

P.S. Know how to spot a modern redneck? the number of rolls of toilet paper behind the truck seat

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 8 years ago
out west story

this has soon of the old west that i wish was still around. a young boy goes out west and comes back a man. too bad i's not that way now . we have 25 year olds own that still act like they still 14. '

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
YEP!

VERY NICE STORY...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful story

I am enjoying reading your stories. I was going to try and read them in chronological order, but unfortunately do not have the time or the inclination to keep track. Therefore I am attempting to read them in alphabetical order!

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Nostalgic

Enjoyed it. Reminded me of my grandfather's way of talking. He loved old West stories.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful story!

A beautiful romance located in the far west.

Very well settled the situation between Jack and Hanna, keeping fidelity to Mary.

A little surprised to know that Jack's father did not marry either Emma or Mary, although that favored their relationship without incest.

I repeat, a beautiful and tender romance.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142about 6 years ago
Old times...

Don't usually go for stories out of my own time zone, but given some poetic licence , that had a thread of hard hitting reality; best wishes to the both of them and their children...

Thanks for writing..

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990over 5 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed it.

Like someone else said, I wished there was more.

Thank you for your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beautiful Story

I loved that it took place in the 1800's without you telling us that. Good character development. Nice Job - 5 stars

bunky28bunky28over 5 years ago
loved it

I thought it was good like the rest of your stories, I also like reading of the wild west , ty.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A excellent read

Thank you.

An excellent and very moving story. Well told and built well from the beginning.

Keep writing and making people happy to be alive.

Going through cancer treatment, this tale brought me great hope for the future.

Chris from Cornwall UK

5 stars plus.

Hotfoot2Hotfoot2about 4 years ago
I generally shy away from Historical tails, but...

...This was just lovely. Great pace, a good mix of humble from the protagonist and hubris from the antagonist. Sweet and Ladies who know what they want, and are good with what their wishes bring. Keep writing. Good job.

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlkover 1 year ago

loved it, 5 stars,

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlkover 1 year ago

loved it, 5 stars.

Gumby603Gumby603over 1 year ago
Really enjoyed it

Good story. Loved the characters

Rusty_MRusty_Mover 1 year ago

Excellent job! Very old west feel to your story.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter11 months ago

Very nicely done. The story itself was well told with period vernacular, good editing, and a believable plot. A warm hearted and “feel good” tale.

MeAReader2MeAReader29 months ago

Great story. Great plot. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Vielen Dank für diese wunderschöne, romantische Geschichte !

LaphroaigLaphroaig9 months ago

Great read, thank you

stewartbstewartb3 months ago

Usually stay away from cowboy stories ... but seemed interesting ... and I ended up very much enjoying the tale.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlex De Kok@Alex De Kok
1368 Followers
July 13, 2023 - As some of you have no doubt realised, I'm writing again, albeit very slowly. My late wife was a writer as well, although not on Literotica, and I think she would have wanted me to continue. May 24, 2021 - I haven't posted anything for some time now, and it ma...

SIMILAR Stories