All Comments on 'Checkmate Ch. 02'

by 2be2sexy4u

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
pentheswordpentheswordabout 11 years ago

I find it interesting that we don't really know what Bev's endgame is. Ruin Ken's relationship? As a minor point: no condom? Seems a bit of unnecessary risk for a planned revenge.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
He's a dead man (or will soon wish he was) !

That's a consequence for offending a Scorpio female. It seems Ken is now enmeshed in Bev's web with covert video & photographic evidence. The back seat tryst had definite sizzle factor, no quibbles to relate on that aspect of the writing.

Having said that, this story is not of five star quality,in my mind. Here is why. Trapping Ken seems to be akin to dynamiting goldfish in a bucket. He swallows the carnal breadcrumbs laid down blithely with nary a glimmer of suspicion or wariness. All too easy. Likewise,the sparkling, double edged dialogue was damped down a scosh.

The narrator is a formidable woman. Why is this bore err boar worth her time ? He's a fairly talented musician who lies to female buddies to score a little strange on the side. Just another guy so far, in other words..What makes him special ? Give up that 411 please. Is it too late for periodic, expository flashbacks ?

Scorpio women have endgame in mind, above all else. Ideally her revenge should have a big picture objective beyond being a woman scorned. Look, this is a easy four star story. No problem. But I get the vibe this author ( and most Scorpio-ettes ) is/are not content with being with merely being a star or two above her competition.

Authors are a bit crazy. With continued practice, 2bsexy4u will hone the inspired method to madness seen thus far. I thank the author for sharing this story which is so rife with potential and soon to be-realized mayhem.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
A woman scorned is not good for your health

The story is slow and building with the talons of a scorned woman slowly plotting and executing on her planned revenge poor Ken's fate is nearly sealed. If Bev got out of control she could end up back with Ken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So far so good

where is chapter 3?

George in Omaha

2be2sexy4u2be2sexy4uover 3 years agoAuthor
Should I bother continue?

It has been years, lol. Life changed and, for a while, I didn't even have access to my account to get back to writing. If anyone is still interested, I could try to pick back up this series. I do have other stories I plan to write though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why Not?

Have enjoyed all 3 of your stories! Hope that you will continue to write both for your enjoyment and mine. Best wishes!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous