All Comments on 'Lesson Plan Ch. 02'

by Brandie69

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Brandie69Brandie69about 11 years agoAuthor
I certainly hope that my readers will start with Chapter 1

I know, I didn't add an Author's Note referring you back to it, but it is an important back story to this chapter.

I'm also interested to hear any feedback about the two allusions to (relatively old, I'll admit) popular songs in this story. Hearing the one song on the radio a week or so ago was really important in terms of giving me the inspiration to finish this story.

The other allusion is almost completely unimportant to the story, but I wonder if anyone picked up on it.

I realize I probably shouldn't ask :)

B

pg240pg240about 11 years ago
I missed it

I admittedly missed the musical references but loved the story (both parts), which reads like a lovely piece of music in itself. There's delightful rhythm, lots of tempo changes and a wonderful crescendo. This author really does it for me. She doesn't hit you over the head with the sex but instead massages a terrific narrative with it, which actually enhances the erotic experience. Lots of sensuality and discovery in this one. Gets a five from this reader.

Brandie69Brandie69about 11 years agoAuthor
As for Billy Joel,

it was really the rhythm of the song, as well as simply its beauty, that inspired me the most. And I do mean inspired. I was back to the feeling I had with some of my earlier stories that whole great big pieces of it had just sprung full-grown into my head and I was writing furiously to get them down.

But I have to confess that I did let the character of the woman Billy Joel wrote about slightly influence the narrator's character, most noticeably in the (dare I say it?) climactic scene.

By the way, it's funny that you should mention the rhythm or pacing of the story. I did a little bit of reading about the Billy Joel song and learned (after all of these years) that it uses three different time signatures, 6/8, 9/8 and 12/8. I'm barely literate enough, musically speaking, to know what that means, but I think that's part of what makes the song "feel" just so lovely.

B (longwindedly)

pg240pg240about 11 years ago
Compound time

Getting far afield from story critique here but ... I don't recall a great deal from music theory classes, but I do remember that 6/8, 9/8 and 12/8 are pretty common compound time signatures. You count 6/8 bars in two, 9/8 bars in three and 12/8 bars in four. If you ever played in a concert band, you'll recall that many marches were written in 6/8 time; intricate but counted in two beats to the bar. Interesting, but sex and literature are much better topics, eh!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
When is your next piece going to be available?

You are such a fabulous writer. I see from the comments sections of your stories that you have a lot of fans. When we will be able to read more from Brandie69? In the meantime, is there another name you've submitted to literotica under thay I could read?

Fondly,

Anon

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great writer.

Do you write under another name? Looks like you haven't posted anything for a couple years. Too bad, because I just read a few of these stories and you're an excellent writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous