All Comments on 'The Allowance'

by unknooown

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
josephstevensjosephstevensabout 11 years ago
Interesting well written..

Something of a change from the normal story...liked it! Fun, intersting and arousing...

shyintxshyintxabout 11 years ago
What a teacher

So in teaching her to manage her money he has taught her it is better to be a raped and beaten whore than to have an honest job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So glad you updated!

Obsessed with Julian & Kate. You're an excellent writer.

unknooownunknooownabout 11 years agoAuthor
@ shyintx

Did you accidentally click on the Nonconsent/Reluctance genre and then somehow miss the disclaimer in italics at the very top of the story and then following that miss the whooole part about him wanting her to get a full-time teaching job so she can do WHAT SHE WENT TO COLLEGE FOR? Did you overlook the mention of their consensual non-consent relationship and, between the time it took you to finish the story and construct your comment, forget her nearly endless tantrums? Tell me the truth: did you skip to the end just to get up in arms?

You seem smart.

unknooownunknooownabout 11 years agoAuthor
And thanks for the comments and compliments

They are appreciated

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Bet she got the dress

loved the build up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
There is a big difference

between looking for non-con, and being comfortable reading about an obviously abusive relationship that could be anyone of us. To be perfectly honest, this story made me cringe inside. Not because of any flaw in your writing or technique, but because of the premise. A grown woman, albeit a foolish one, treated like a worthless child and a whore but one who "loves" her... I love non-con. It's the only section I read routinely, and I love the feelings that accompany it, whenever my boyfriend is willing to indulge me in the fantasy, but this is less about the sex, and more about everything else. The sex was good, but sadly I found my self unable to enjoy reading it. I could only fixate on the other abuses depicted here, ones that not only made me profoundly uncomfortable, but detracted from the fantasy immensely. Isn't it the fantasy that we all come here looking for anyway?

I mean no offense, nor do I intend to harm your confidence as a writer. I know how hard it is to post something that bares a piece of your soul to the world. I have yet to must the courage, and I respect you for it. But just try to understand where we are coming from when we say that we didn't really like reading this. It's not because it's a terrible story, or because it ought never have been written, people have posted positive reviews here, so obviously it was good for them. It's just not the fantasy I, personally, was looking for.

unknooownunknooownabout 11 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous

That's fair. I took issue with shyintx's comment because s/he broke it all down into a single sentence didn't take context into account at all. I have to assume this was intentional because if not s/he has a serious reading comprehension problem that should have been corrected in grade school. Julian wasn't teaching Kate anything, besides maybe shut up when he says to.

Your comments and criticism are appreciated. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

It's too hard-core for a real relationship (for me personally), but its one hell of a fantasy. I love his control, and your stories:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved It

I love your Kate/Julian work; I really hope you continue with it!

Excitedly waiting..

jennyfrijolejennyfrijoleabout 10 years ago
Amazing

I absolutely love this series. It's amazing. Would you ever publish it as an actual book? I follow a ton of indie authors on Amazon, lots who go on to be bestsellers, and this is way better than most of that stuff! And a lot of those books cover "taboo" subjects like non-consent/reluctance - "Captive in the Dark" by CJ Roberts is an amazing one, and your story is still better.

I, personally, think people are ridiculous for arguing/criticizing with the content of your story. Complain about the editing or typos or whatever, but if a person doesn't like what a story is about, that's just their preferences speaking - stop reading it. That doesn't make it "bad" or the story "unbelievable", it just makes it different from their own taste. Who picks up Harry Potter and then bitches to JK Rowling about how magic is fake so therefore her story doesn't make sense?

I can't wait/would love to read more. I hope you keep this series going!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous