All Comments on 'John and Cheryl Ch. 03'

by deadeye_76

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good for you

...in picking an ending and sticking with it. I hate stories where the writer is so insecure they offer multiple endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good Story;Good Ending

I like this ending. I like it when people get what they deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good, but incomplete

You did a nice job in wrapping us this story in a relatively believable way. But you left some loose threads, such as, whether Jenny was prosecuted as she should have been, whether Cheryl had STD testing while in jail and afterward, the loose end of Monica's husband, and why was there no mention of family and marital counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Perfect ending.

As someone who takes somewhat guilty pleasure in BTB stories, I find most of the usual reconciliation stories presented on Literotica hard to stomach. They generally involve straightforward cheating, a lot of tears and making up on the part of the wife, and the husband forced to simply take it like a punch, always on some level wondering if his wife will cheat again someday.

It's not surprising, really. A good reconciliation story is hard to write. There has to be some form of balance to the story, some horrific moral flaw on the part of the husband to balance the wife's own moral failure, or a reason that transcends the usual causes for extra-marital fucking around.

I'd say that drugging, repeated rapes, blackmail, and death threats to one's children eliminate most of the culpability. People can talk about faith in one's spouse, but ask yourself this: would you be willing to take your spouse into confidence with no legal proof that you are right and your children's lives are the cost of that confidence?

A husband might fight to protect his wife, but it all leads down the same bloody path. Husbands are simply men, not Gods, and they can't solve every problem with their manliness.

Her willingness to own what she did and take responsibility for it, even though she wasn't really, is what seals it for me - they belong together. There are loose ends that were missed, and mentioned by another reader, but I'll overlook those. Five stars.

The only thing I really don't get is Meryl sucking his dick. She doesn't believe her sister was evil or wrong or that she deserves to lose her husband, but she's perfectly willing to make John into a cheater for nothing more than her ... loneliness? That seemed surprisingly nasty for an otherwise loving sister.

Pre-emptive text backhand to anyone who suggests Meryl would have made a perfect second chance wife. The last thing a man needs as a replacement for a spouse he believes has cheated on him is an identical twin with the same woman's face so that it can remind him of what happened every day for the rest of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good Story

You choose the best ending. Any other would have left the man looking like a weak punk.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I think you chose the better ending.

I, too, like the BTB endings, usually. This is the ending I would have chosen. Thank you for the ending and for the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

I read the first story and all I can say is you had me hooked on this one. Outstanding read. Thx

TXanyTXanyabout 10 years ago
But what about Jenny?

Great story and a good thing you didn't post it in "loving wives", as they always punish authors who fail to BTB. Your story was well done. Yes, it still used the trick of them not talking to each other....95% of these stories can't happen without that one fatal flaw. Yours is just as unlikely, but ok....I just went with the flow. We know the company's behavior would have come out and the company would be excoriatied...too bad you chose not to revel in that hatred; but even more surprising was you didn't address Jenny's future life. She obviously either went to jail, or to the looney bin...but no way she went on with a normal life. I think the BTB crowd would have enjoyed both cross burnings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Not Only Jenny

But also, what happened to Meryl? As a twin of someone so desirable, surely she must be a good catch as well.

Harsh61Harsh61about 10 years ago
Great Story

The story is very beautifully crafted in to a reality. Cheryl did pass through an

unbelievable nightmare being repeatedly raped by five. The luck had it and the

truth prevails...got our cleaned from the jail and later a brave heart husband

accepted her. Great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Jenny has to go down.

Jenny is the bitch that drugged her the second time and added much insult to the injury. I need to know that she did not get off Scott free. That she went to jail for her part in the murder up at the cabin would be a start....

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
I liked this ending and am glad that you did not run both of them. I hate that.

I am mostly of the BTB type but this wife, foolishly, put herself in danger at the start and then got caught. She did the right thing, they did not deserve to live. I, too, believe than Jenny should answer for her part in this tragic treatment of Cheryl and probably others, she knew too much. You might put another little epilogue to that effect just to satisfy your more revengeful fans. Thank you for writing this good story, this is the second time I have read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I liked your ending

Maybe I'm just a romantic but it pleased me.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 10 years ago
Dark Story

One commentator noted that nothing happened to the female perp. This series could be criticized as a RAAC story, but I think the husband did the correct thing. I did like the way the wife emptied her gun into the perps - they deserved it. Once the cops found the body of the other woman, difficult to believe they'd try to prosecute this one, but IRL who knows what the cops would do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved the story and the ending!

I thought you did an excellent job of writing the story and I loved the ending. Cheryl obviously loved her husband more than most wives do and I was surprised that he took so long to take her back. Maybe it was for the best though since it gave her more time to recover psychologically.

This is actually better than many books that I've read the last few years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Trouble

I seemed like a love in a million,but if it was all that why couldn't she tell her husband,she should know he would work it out with her.

vazkor13vazkor13over 9 years ago
Great one

Call me an hopelessr omantic but I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I LOVED this story

I am so glad I read this story. I have been reading other stories here and they were starting to get me depressed. So many stories (especially Dominant wife stories) start out nice, someone (usually the husband) gets the courage to share his fantasies and the wife goes along and they start to have some real fun. Then at some point the wife gets hooked on the power she has over the one she is supposed to love, and respect, and care for, and she becomes this abusive power mad bitch, and he becomes this shell of a man who can't or won't stand up for himself, she loses all respect for him, fucks everybody and their brother, and reduces him to a sniveling pile of shit. Here though we have two people who love each other, bad things happen, misunderstandings ensue, and all seems lost. Then in the last act someone grows a backbone, the bad guys are dealt with (YAY), and if not a happy ending, at least the possibility of a happy ending (Double Yay). I may be a big old perv. but I'm also a big old softie and I'm glad I found this story.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I read this once before, don't remember if I made a comment then or not.

I liked the ending, I am usually a BTB type but this was a special case. Too bad he did not screw his wife's twin a few times, he deserved it.

twisted32twisted32over 9 years ago
Great, but I wont sleep until Jenny get hers

Great, but I wont sleep until Jenny gets hers. What Cheryl went thru, which from her pov was a true horror, could have made a great trial scene if Jenny was on the stand, and all realized she was the slime she was. Well told, and never slipped into the usual cliche, tho Meryl shouldnt have done that; offered maybe, but not done that, which made me think of her like an imitation Ed. I loved the killing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Main character's an asshole

His wife is raped and blackmailed and all the way to the last paragraph he's talking like HE was the victim. What's sad is that her self-esteem has been so damaged that she puts up with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
best ending

that was the best ending for all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
women like her cant be raped

nuff said bitch deserves death ......like she didn't fuck for the money...ie cum money.

all the bitches will say woe to her sad sad but....real humans know she is a slut.....and sluts kill there marriages and there kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
to deep , to dark

no winners

to much pain

.......

well written , engaging story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good story forget the bad reviews

I'm a short story writer myself (none erotic). I read the other you had written about the guy who loses his sister and falls in love with Jen, wish it had a happy epilogue but I digress. I didn't read your original black mail one because I'm not a big fan of infedility (or as they call it here "loving wife's") but I gotta say you have a great knack for romance. I really did read this and continued because of the redemption aspect. It was sweet and romantic and I think and hope you write more of these like the one with Jen and Robert (think that was his name). I just think your a great writer regardless of my lack of taste for coercion stories ones I got passed those parts the time and effort you put into the love for each other was well done. As with other reviewers singing you on a not a win win situation or making John seem like a victim when his wife was the victim they really lack the whole picture of the mind of a betrayed spouse. How her self doubt in her trust got her there est...

Great story more romance stories! Less non consent/coercion ones! (But that's just me)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wonderful job

I thought you did an excellent job on this story. I love the ending. I like a story where I feel good the ending. Thank you so much for your time and efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

good story i like when the underdog wins

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A winner!!!!!

Loved it, especially when she offs the assholes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The end, or is it?

Not knowing the other possible ending is of no consequence, the one you used is the morally correct ending. Now having said that, perhaps another story building off of this ending could someday be offered. Possibilities abound.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
strange

Weird ending to a story listed as non-consent. Is the reader expected to first enjoy the deep humiliation AND THEN the goody-happy conclusion? Jerk off to rape etc then redeem yourself by awww-ing the ending?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
speaking from experience

the only thing holding this rotten marriage together is the kids.

she didn't 'make a mistake'.

she didn't trust her husband enough to help her with the blackmail. it would have been easy to set up her rapists with some basic wire tapping/surveillance. she also runs to drugs now when things get hard. sure, she was drugged...but it changes a person. not everyone is altered permanently, but someone like her most likely will now struggle with drugs from here on out. i'v seen insecure and paranoid types like her descend, slowly at first and later rapidly.

let's not forget the initial 'mistake'. she believed another man over giving her husband a fair shake. and she could have at least hired a P.I. If she's not the trusting type, why trust anyone? deep down she's broken enough to jump at the first MAYBE CHANCE of infidelity.

So....kids. It was glossed over, but not ignored. It's the kids that make the story realistic. Relationships fall apart for much less. They are actually responsible, and the one redeeming quality of the husband is seeing that. And yet another shitty quality of the wife is manipulating that. She seemed perfectly fine in bluffing the husband to take her back, he was happy to get her out of jail, divorce her, and move on. She was pushing "jail or you" pretty hard. Knowing the kids bargaining chip would keep him strung along. Another glimpse at her broken moral character.

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
Well Anon...

A pretty good story. I have nothing against this type of ending since I'm not a member of the "Burn'em" club.

I have to wonder though, how can "Anonymous 06/27/18" draw such far-reaching conclusions about Cheryl's character? Is he a psychiatrist maybe? Some other kind of expert in the field? Simply assuring us that he is "speaking from experience" doesn't make me trust his opinions, in fact it isn't much better than "I have friend who told me..."

I also question her decision not to tell someone, maybe her husband, the police or someone else, but that doesn't make me feel that I know her character or that I can predict her future.

He also mentions her "initial 'mistake'" as he put's it, but what was that really? Ed, a man she could supposedly trust, gave Cheryl the spiked water, she was drugged and he abused her while she was under the influence. After that he had the blackmail material he needed and the question whether Cheryl believed that John was cheating on her or not was completely moot. (Actually, the fake story about Monica and John is redundant, Ed had already drugged Cheryl by the time he told her about it, he was only waiting for the drug to take effect. He might as well have talked about the weather or the price of milk, he was just passing time. The author wasted his effort on that piece of disinformation.)

But not really Cheryl's fault, was it?

cowboy01r01cowboy01r01over 4 years ago
it was no ones fault!!!!!!

I know they made it it was in the cards in marriage it can be a roller coaster but like life it self if you work at it you will be surprised what you get in turn as in this story if true i am sure that they made the trip up the hill and won try it your self i did and for me today i can see a little future for you see i will be hitting my 78 years how much father will i get who knows just be happy to see the sun come up every day folks thanks for reading this hope it helps a few people out there.

Good By and Good luck to all of you

Robert # cowboy01r01

NaughtyOne88NaughtyOne88over 3 years ago
Well

Good ending

Husband SHOULD have realized that his wife was the victim and should have taken her back right away. That said, a lot of spouses find it hard to take a rape victim back and see her as soiled. There is a lot of realism to this chapter. I feel so sorry for her. I see this less as an erotic tale and more as a non-erotic one. Well enough written that I felt for the characters and got emotional myself.

Keep writing, you are good at it

Naughty

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What a great drama about love, forgiveness, second chances and how love and understanding can prevail. Story was well written and had great character development. 5 stars

Harvey8910Harvey8910about 3 years ago

I loved the story and gave it 5 stars. Very well-written. I am glad that John could get past this. Cheryl was the victim in this situation. She also learned from this and would never fall prey to this kind a scheme in the future. John can treasure his wife in a brand new home and her twin sister, Meryl, can live with them as well. Great job!!!!

CZOFTWCZOFTWabout 3 years ago

Why would he even be mad? John's a piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Why would he even be mad? John's a piece of shit."

I agree what a dirtbag, he should've been protecting his wife not acting like a spoiled little boy crying about someone else playing with his toys

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I got emotionally involved. The circumstances are horrific. Like many others, I had to fight the vision of John as a sanctimonious self righteous little shit. The author wrote him that way and I don’t know why. It did not help the story. Cheryl, on the other hand, is in my mind as a victim, a warrior and avenging angel. She’s a hero. I am pretty disappointed that the author wouldn’t let John see her this way. It all came together at the end, thankfully. In defense of his John character, the,author never made a convincing argument, or an argument of any kind, for why Cheryl didn’t tell John after the second episode what was happening. Good plot, but a couple of glaring implememtation mistakes.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Great story, very well written, sadly I got to emotionally involved and just felt empty and to sad to enjoy it. I just wish John could have shown real love for her, she so deserved it once he found out the true story. I grew to love her, she didn't deserve all that happened to her and to have an awful egotistical husband who didn't support her in her hour of need, he was hardly any better than those that she shot

vanyevanyeabout 1 year ago

John and Meryl should have been in the courtroom during the proceedings, as family. Why would they have waited until they last minute to show up? Why did John never seek counselling to help him?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The commenters who are abusing John's character are just as bad as those who would abuse Cheryl's. This is a terrible, tragic situation for them both. Very difficult, if not impossible, to deal with. It's true that Cheryl went through much more than John. But the things she didn't do, and did, and did directly to him, are things that would be very hard to get over. I like that they tried to reconcile, but I think it would take a lot more time and effort, and counseling, for them to be able to do it.

SandyBBSandyBB9 months ago

I kind of agree with the comment below, certainly about the arsehole commenters that abused Johns character. I thought the ending was perfect, though I thought it took him too long to sort his mind out. After the letter, it was clear that she was drugged and abused and not in control of her faculties. If he loved her, that should have been enough.

If i had been in his position, that f'ing secretary would have been visited that same day. In fact what happened to that bitch?

Anyway, great 3 part story. 5 stars and then some!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdeadeye_76@deadeye_76
1701 Followers
You can ask me anything... I don't have to answer, but I usually will. I love the stories and the exchanges on here. Any suggestions to my stories are welcome. I'll listen to anything, even dribble since the delete button is so handy. I'm in my 60s now, stay in shape with biki...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories