All Comments on 'Choosing Sides'

by newjayne

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Strapper66Strapper66about 11 years ago
Ode to a teacher, and MY teacher

We've all been there at times in our life, on the short end in relationships, in friendships, in love, in acceptance. On the ouside looking in...

Conversely in some way, we've all ignored people around us, or taken them for granted, been less than kind for no reason, or just plain mean for no other reason than because we could. We are flawed human creatures...

I think there lurks both the lonely lost soul, and the bully, in all of us.

As you get older you realize your mistakes, what is right and what is wrong, but sadly, the scars and the damage is often permanent.

As children and teenagers, their brains not fully developed and their emotions on the edge of control, it is the responsibility of parents and teachers and elders to guide young minds to understanding, to teach them right from wrong.

There ARE teachers out there that care about their students, and go the extra mile.

There ARE parents and grandparents who still give the time in this busy crazy world.

And there ARE friends who guide you through the most innocent of trials and tribulations in life's experiences.

I'm very lucky, I've had many people help me along the way...

and I shall do my best to look for that lost, lonely child in all of us,

and help them, as others have helped me.

Ashesh9Ashesh9about 11 years ago
In an idealworld:

This should not have taken place : the poet has been able to express the sorrow of a needless tragedy very beautifully !

cabbie47cabbie47about 11 years ago
I'd echo what Strapper said and

I also have to say that the construction of the poem was excellent. A very clever rhyming scheme - an easy, rhythmic flow - and the vocabulary was little short of stunning. Certainly one of the very best I've come across on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
*****

Five.

CinnerCinneralmost 11 years ago
Haunting

A caution to all of us to avoid culpability.

Five stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Too often a true story .

Incredibly sensitive ! We often learn too late what our competitive egos do to others.

Very well written. Parents, take note to teach your children that it's not always important to always pick the better athlete. Teaching compassion will make your child a better person. Well done .

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
THE MENTAL BULLYING

is worse for the mind not grown. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Brava! Brava! Bravissima!

14 May 2018.

Please, please, please write more poetry and stories for us!

"The Teacher" and "Choosing Sides" are the two best of all of Literotica!

Far too good for just an erotic website! Please publish more! And have a major book publisher print them!

Then please make a note in your biography of the name you use to publish professionally!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

Very powerful, sad, true and many more words

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous