All Comments on 'A Long Time Ago Ch. 02'

by LynnGKS

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
DrallDrallabout 11 years ago
So Good!

This story rates very highly in my mind. I feel deeply about both of them and look forward with pleasure (and trepidation) to the next chapter.

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 11 years ago
Very Good

Well thought out, I just thought after chapter one that they would reconcile, I never would have seen the deeper issue that he saw, that he could never again trust his "happy" memories.....pretty sad!

dbroseleydbroseleyabout 11 years ago

I agreed with comment made by DRALL. This was a well written story and will be waiting to see the next chapter to come out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
well done!

Well written, and once again you have done a fine job of capturing his mindset. Thanks for the stories.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
A LynnGKS story I can live with

Lady this was fucking great..........."5'*****"

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago

I have felt for a long time that the first installment of this tale was one of the best-crafted stories I've found on this site. I would not have thought it needed a sequel, but you have managed to surprise me with how apt a follow-on you have created.

I have long felt that infidelity is fundamentally a narcissistic act, in that the unfaithful spouse is subordinating commitments and obligations to his or her partner to the gratification of individual desires. This is generally accompanied with all sorts of rationalizations justifying the behavior. You have illustrated this whole concept perfectly here.

I gather that some authors despair of writing for LW because the vast majority of the readers here seen intent on lambasting any story where an unfaithful spouse does not suffer a fate worthy of an unexpurgated tale from the Brothers Grimm. (I've not yet seen a cheating wife nailed into a barrel lined with iron spikes and rolled down a hillside into a river, but the week isn't over yet.) But it remains my favorite genre here, in no little part because of the broad scope it grants the author to create dramatic tension and then find a resolution. With "Romance" or "Erotic Couplings," one can pretty much guess the outcome of a story when it begins. In LW, one can never be quite so certain.

Finally, allow me to say that even those of your stories I have read which were not to my taste were well-written and well-crafted, which makes them stand out from much of the material available at Literotica. And I will admit to having an ulterior motive in making this comment: I hope it will provide some encouragement, and ultimately, more well-crafted stories.

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
Rare

Very Rare for a Part II to be as good a read as Part I, and even Rarer for this to be so good when based on another tale....but you did it.

Quite a feat you pulled off LGK! Going to be a neat trick to now do a triple.

Thanks for your efforts, looking forward to III

William smythWilliam smythabout 11 years ago
The notation, "to be continued" is good news.

This remarkable story could well have been written by a professional Family Counselor. It is that good and that authentic sounding.

I hope the next chapter will be posted soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
nicely done

very well thought out! Your story did a great job showing people the complexities of an affair! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
of course

this is a long tale starting with RADK" Statue of Limitations" read them all dear friends and it all makes more sense....of the Dr who started it all? has his widow found peace.....I wonder....I wonder

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

I'm just waiting to see how long before you cut his balls off.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 11 years ago
Nicely done

Reinforces the notion that all you do as half of a marriage must be done with the consideration of both parties and you need to believe that you are no longer singular in any way. If not, dont get married and for certain dont have kids cause then your relly not living a life of just yourself.

kharrismakharrismaabout 11 years ago
So good...

Lynn, your skills just keep increasing with each story; you're becoming a master of your craft. This reads like somebody's true-life experience, not like fiction. I can feel the pain of them both, and the frustration of their counselor as well. Probably your most thoughtful pieces to date. And hardly a four-letter word in it! Very well done indeed! I await part three eagerly!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Read!

This story speaks to each of us that have gone through this type of tragedy. Each of us get over things differently in it's own time. Somethings will immediately bring back a memory. How we learn to deal with it is up to us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Carefully drawn portrait of two ordinary people caught up in the twists of life. Three, if you count the therapist who had no more absolute control than her clients. No psycho babble, no soap opera. And no comic book Rambo doing a symbolic massacre of all of Al Quaida by throwing the cheating bitch to the curb.

To be continued... So many ways this story could go. Life in condo village will make lot's and lot's of new women available to the cheated husband. Every woman there will have had five husbands at least, and have a sexual history that makes the cheating wife look like Snow White. He will learn. But what exactly does he learn? etc.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Good Read****

Now for the wait. lol

catphan8catphan8about 11 years ago

Well done Lynn. Great story so far!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Life makes you bleed. . .

Some paths must be walked before a map can be drawn.

The first time you walk that path the eyes can only see so much, the ears only hear some things, and the nose can only smell certain aromas. The second time all senses show additonal information as each step is taken.

Add time and the brain replays sensual infomation in which it attempts to logically determine what is really real. When emotions are added along with sensual input from an additional source. . . WHAT IS REALITY?

Life and its illusions open, close and change. Lynn has presented a complex story filled with life as two people joined through a vow discarded by one. Time emotion and physical documentation offer teased glimpses of what was.

The quality of what is written stands because a witness saw the blood flow. . . .

rainbow001rainbow001about 11 years ago
Thank you

Very nice follow up. Wonderfully written imo.

nakdsubnakdsubabout 11 years ago
Very good...

I'm surprised there is another installment, it seems like a good ending right here, but these are so well written I can't wait for the next chapter; you get 5 from me.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
Good job . . .

. . . bringing a new look at the emotion involved in an oft told story.

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
Nice follow up

This was a nice follow up to your first chapter. Since it will be continuing I am guessing you have more to reveal. It seems like she is just beginning to understand what her decisions actually did to others.

Richie4110Richie4110about 11 years ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you

What a wonderful surprise to have this sequel to a truly heart wrenching story. I would have given a higher rating if possible. The anticipation of another follow up is a very special treat.

Thank you for a trust great effort.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 11 years ago
Revelations.

It's interesting how this story sort of dovetails with Revelations that was posted the other day. We know this had to have been written before that was posted because it takes Lit so long to post a story. Lynn points out the problem we are facing in the other story. The wife is not repentant and fails to understand what she has stolen from her husband. If he had known at the time, he would have done many things differently over the past many years. Lynn shows us that she understands the pain that betrayal and contempt in a marriage can create. She gets it. There was no silver bullet to save the marriage. How could there be? I am curious to see how Revelation handles almost the exact same situation. How do you return respect to a man? How do you give him back the years he feels he lost? Well written story about the crux of the cheating side of LW stories. Lynn is scary smart at times. I bet she can cook, too!

doberincadoberincaabout 11 years ago
Wonderful

This is my kind of story. Please continue! Five stars...

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
Kudos, Lynn

I always enjoy your writing (even if I don't always like your stories). First class.

I was affected by Statute of Limitations by Radk-the primary inspiration for this series.

I just read these two chapters. I liked that wife realized that she wasn't truly in love with the other man. However, I also thought it insightful that you focussed on the importance of her belief (for 23 years) that she was in love with him. That the fact of it tarnished all of their memories thereafter.

Which begs the question: if, after her lover had died, she would have come clean and told hubby the truth, and they had gone to counselling, etc., would the marriage have been more likely to survive?

I like the idea that the wife's "love" (or rather perceived love) for the other guy was the killer-not the sex.

The fantasizing angle is interesting. I fantasize about old lovers from time to time when with my wife; I assume she does the same (I don't particularly want to know about it). But, I don't fantasize about "making love" to them, just fucking them. That is a big difference. This "other love" has been very present for the whole last 23 years of their marriage. She was in love with a ghost (literally and figuratively).

One thing that didn't work for me in this story was the pavlovian training by hubby. Such negative reinforcement might cause him to stop thinking about her, but wouldn't bring him to a state of peaceful good-will towards the ex-wife. If anything, he would just become unmindful of her; reacting to his son's mention of her with mild distaste.

Enough rambling. 5 stars, and curious about where you go from here.

kelchakelchaabout 11 years ago
What's To Continue?

This five star story seems complete as written.

Are we to get her self delusional story? Not needed.

I really liked your writing on this one.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I wanted to like this story. It has so much going for it; but I couldn't.

You have written the wife, as so many authors do, as a complete moron. A 59 yr old giggling like a teenager?

This woman has lived a lifetime. She has loved and lost, she helped raise children and run a household. She watched as her children grew up and saw them break hearts and have their hearts broken; but instead of writing about a mature woman, you write her as though she was 16 and no brain cells.

You are a better author than that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Outstanding climax

The climax is the best reveal of a genuine insight I have ever read. This is a small, short story told in a clinical voice, but the author handles nuanced psychological experiences as masterfully as I have seen.

Thank you.

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
Cheated out time

If you don't love me and want to fuck other people - okay, If you love me and you want to fuck other people - okay, just show me some respect and common courtesy let me know in advance so I can make my choices. The trouble with cheating, is not really that the other person does not care very much about you, it is the deception, the disrespect, and the theft of your marital rights and time. Even if it happened 20 years ago, the passage of time continues to compound the debt like interest on a loan not repaid. I give Lynn credit for not taking an amoral, feminist stance in this tale. In the past her stories have seemed to treat the male characters as if there was something wrong with them for being upset with a cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well written.

The story is sad but has the ring of truth. I know it is fiction but even fiction comes from real human experience. This story explores events, motives, feelings and relationships in ways that are true to life for some couples. Good job.

StangStar06StangStar06about 11 years ago
I agree with the other poster

This story is wonderful, but I thought that before. I wonder what you could have added to make it more complete. I couldn't think of anything. But I have the same opinion now. So if you want to continue it, I'll continue reading it. Great job.

AdjectiveNounVerbAdjectiveNounVerbabout 11 years ago
Thanks for re-visiting.

Lynn, I'm surprised you came back to this since it was a long time ago that you posted the first chapter, but I'm glad you did. This is a well-executed story on a topic I particularly like, the post-failed-relationship "learn and move on" process. So, I appreciate this story and I look forward to the next installment - but I hope we don't have to wait until 2016 for it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Mathematics and Literature

Do the math!

The second chapter follows the first by more then 1000 days,

the next should appear approximately in December 2015.

The story is really good but is due to mathematics that we can already say what the title "A Long Time Ago"

really means!

diagonesdiagonesabout 11 years ago
OMG!!!!!

StangStar got all soft and mushy on us! The husband still has time to hire someone to brutalize the helpless wife. Give the therapist a hot tar bath while their at it.

Mostera1Mostera1about 11 years ago
Very poignant

A very fascinating story. I must admit Dave is a strong male character in this chapter. One who has moved forward with his life. He worked through his sadness, and it appears is very happy living in Watercolor.

Mary is still clinging to what was and won't let go of the past, in more ways than one.

I certainly hope you do not weaken his resolve in the next chapter, but would like to see Mary find some modicum of peace.

Although once again she tells him she is sorry that she hurt him, but has never yet apologized for cheating on him.

Perhaps with that, she could find her way.

A reconciliation for me is unlikely because of twenty years of lies. But I have been wrong before.

Thank you, 5*****

M1

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Matematic statistical likely!!!!!!!!!

We male people die earlier, the husbands are older than the wife generaly. So to find a constant mate for a good guy is easier than a woman to find a GOOD GUY in Mary and David age group!!!!!!! Naturaly in the matematical statistic likelihood............

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
5*****

To find WRONG GUY EASY!!!! Drug abuser, violant abuser, alcolic abuser, gambling abuser, serial cheater, etc..........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Lynn I really enjoy when you start to put together a story that makes people think. I know it is more a follow up or a new ending to some stories on this site, but well done.

I look forward to more. 5*'s

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

Very well done, what else can I say.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Excellent

A great tale. A psychologist's dream. He moved on, and he was the one betrayed. She, however, still lives in the past. The question is, who's past? Her lover or her husbands? Stay tuned for ch. 3, it's gonna be good.

Sid0604Sid0604about 11 years ago
Thank you

Hi Lynn

I really enjoyed reading this story. Thank you.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

The only problem I see in this well written story is that I don't give a rats ass about this cheating fucking cunt, don't want her to get help, don't want her to get well, and I want her so miserable that she tries to kill herself, botches the job, and spends the rest of her life mentally insane and locked into a totally non responsive body, drifting deeper into mental hell. Oups, did I say that outloud? It is still a 5.

DrPopeDrPopeabout 11 years ago
I always thought Radk should have done more with this ..

But did you get his permission ?

josephstevensjosephstevensabout 11 years ago
Serious Stuff..

This is a bit heavy for my simple mind! But, of course, well written and thought out. I think I shall have to read it a couple of times...and I look forward to the next instalment...thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nice story

Hi Lynn, as usual a well written story, but I have to agree with others, the woman doesn't really deserve sympathy from anyone. At this point I really don't know how you get a little redemption out of her. Also, this isn't the kind of story I come to Literotica to read.

Having said that, I'll still read whatever it is you want to write because I do enjoy your writing.

T

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I assume that this is a follow on to "Statute of limitations" that appeared in the romance section.

The original was one of the most touching stories I have read on WL. Your subsequent stories are good as well. I am hoping that the original author or another writer will pick up the thread. Perhaps you will keep it alive. This is too intriguing a tale to let die.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Good read

I agree with several others that the second chapter is a quality follow-through of Ch.1! It is easy for people to spout platitudes in order to placate others and to avoid thinking about their real motives.

A semantic quibble. There is Punishment and there is Negative Reinforcement! They are NOT the same thing. Nowhere close. What Hubby was doing was Punishment! Self-administered, yes, but punishment. The intent of punishment is to eliminate a behavior. The intent of Negative Reinforcement is to increase the frequency of a behavior. Punishment involves administering an unpleasant experience in order to stop something, which is exactly what Hubby describes! The term 'punishment' sounds harsh and unpleasant...Negative Reinforcement sounds much more genteel, but is NOT a nicer synonym for Punishment! The efficacy of punishment is open to considerable debate... it is a very 'wiggly' technique to employ and get the result you really want; and without unintended consequences! Negative Reinforcement, when the right conditions obtain, is much more straightforward (but it doesn't do the same thing)!

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

now wait just a second anon 0322 - i did not say torture her, i said i did not give a rats ass what happened to her and i did not care if - . . . read the statement. she was a cheating whore who stole 20 years of his life and the fact he found out later does not mean she did not do it. i just dont care about her problems as a character. she means less than shit to me as a character so i dont give a fuck what happens to her and how upset she is. she had her 20+ year secret mental love affair after a real one for three years - and now she is payng for it. i did not say to hurt her i just dont think he should help her at all.

raggmoppraggmoppabout 11 years ago
Different but similar

I've enjoyed your story. My true experience is very different from your story but there is one overreaching similarity: I have continued to love my partner for the rest of my life and my wife is aware of that. For anyone interested in reading my story, it is titled "My Fantasy Girl" in the Romance section.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Seroius Stuff Indeed

I did have to re trad ch.1 and some parts of ch.2 to take on board and digest the meanings in the story.

She indeed live a lie for twenty years and fantasized about her deadover.

The councilor is indeed correct that monotony of daily life looking after a home, child, shopping, cleaning, chatting to other boring house wifes can pursade a wife to seek an exciting affair with a lover.

Well people should do things to break the boring cycle of live. Play Wii tennis with husband, go walks in the park, make him a personal I love you card, bake a cake for him, greet him at the door naked when returns from work. Of course he can do similar ( well not meeting her naked at the front door ).

A little imagination and she would only love her husband who was working hard for her and the children.

With the power of Google now it should be an easy task.

That's what I do with my partner, small surprises, walks, theater, crazy golf, art museums etc

Live life !

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 11 years ago
I'll add my 2 cents

Of course mine has less worth since I have never written a story (or edited) on this site (or any other)!

BUT just scroll through the comments and you see many good (my opinion) writers who have commented, some with great length! All the ones that I read have been positive even if they did not agree with the way you wrote the characters.

So for me even giving you 5 stars can't be higher praise then you are already getting!

Congratulations on a good story looking for next chapter.

As usual Thank you for writing (and sharing). You keep writing and I will keep reading!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This is...

CRAP! The first story by RADK was CRAP, the version you plagiarized was CRAP, this is CRAP and I'm sure part three will be no different. Wimpy male characters, asinine female characters, unbelievable situations, inane dialog, and a pseudo-professional from the Twilight Zone. Please stop writing CRAP. Hell, stop writing altogether!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
different

Not as good as some of your storys

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 11 years ago
A very interesting read

Well written and the character development made the story very real and believable.

A very emotional story of a painful time in two people's lives.

Well done. and I will be watching for the next chapter.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I WASN'T GOING TO COMMENT

BUT I HAD TO. IT'S HARD TO DETACH YOURSELF FROM TAKING SIDES, AND IM TRYING HARD NOT TOO. I'VE TRIED TO SEE BOTH SIDES AND I'M COMING AROUND TO A DECISION I WOULD MIGHT HAVE MADE THINKING FROM LOOKING AT BOTH SIDES. I THINK I WOULD HAVE GOT TOGETHER TO SEE IF WE COULD SESOLVE THE ISSUES AND GO ON. I KNOW HE STILL LOVED HER EVEN IF HE SAID HE DIDN'T. WHY THROW IT AWAY UNTIL YOU WERE 100 PERCENT SURE IT COULDN'T BE SAVE. AFTER ALL, WHATS A LITTLE MORE TIME IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS. JUST ME THOUGH.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Great story of forgiveness

Even though this story isn't unique, the author's take on it is, especially for this site. Many authors would have the husband take an uncaring attitude toward the wife in an effort to show that he is over her. They would have him married to a supermodel that just happened to have a crush on him for a dozen or so years. This author's take on it is completely different and refreshing. By showing his forgiveness, he is showing that he is over her. He doesn't hate her anymore, which in my opinion is the sure fire way to show that you still have feelings for the one who did you wrong. If you spend all of your time hating the person, how are you over them? Long story short, this is an EXCELLENT story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful!

I loved the negative reinforcement aspect!

A cheater, whether man or woman, needs to understand what they destroyed. They need to be smacked in the face with it, again and again until they can't live with themselves anymore.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Second Comment

She loved two men. Her husband and her lover. She lost her lover in an accident,

Awwwe. Now she lost her husband by being caught. Two lover her. Now no one does. Awwwe

Fucking cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
exquisite

exquisite

xxxhugsxxx

49greg49gregover 9 years ago
Well done.

You tell a good story. I have to admit I started this story hoping for some erotica, but I'm having a good time reading it regardless, you wrote it well, and you hooked me. Now I've got to finish the series, it doesn't matter that it's one forty AM and I have to get up early, I'm going for the next chapter.

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuover 9 years ago
Excellent

Your story tells so much in so little. There's no drawn out confrontation no endless drama, you just give a little nudge and we readers fill the rest of the blanks ourselves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This was good.

Chapter III stunk, delete it and have this one be the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
5* for Chapeters 2 and 3. Only 2* for Chapter 3.

Chapter 3 was a very poor ending to this very good tale up til then. Pity!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
vile

It's offensive.

what a horrible RaaC ,I feel soiled .

carvohicarvohialmost 8 years ago
This is curious...

I read this way back, scored it a five, and moved on without comment. Now I've come back and there's a part three. Why I wonder. It ended well at the close of part two. Of course, if Lynn is like me she doesn't like leaving characters of she likes them.

I see she's done nothing in quite a while. I hope she's all right.

Jedd Clampett

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Wow

A decent story from this author. I stand amazed.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
Interesting possible insights to the cheating.

Very unique here on LW.

I gave overall score as 5-stars, but this section — Part 2 — might be worth 6-stars

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Slut says it all

She loved both. Bullshit

She loved the idea of sex and cheating

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A sad tale

I think most people have faced betrayal by a lover in their lives. This is, for all intents and purposes, the modern day right of passage to become an adult. This story takes it to a much greater extreme. It’s so much more gripping and that emotional tie in by the reader is what makes it so much more. I have known a few people who have found out about affairs long after the fact. Some have been able to get through this, some not. I actually talked about this story with some friends before reading chapter 2. Everyone agreed that it’s the emotional issue that makes it impossible for them to every try to get through something like this. If it was left in the past, we’ll farther back the better, then there could be a chance. But this, I’m not sure what to call it, continued love for a memory of an affair with a dead man blended with the love of her marriage? It’s not possible to reconcile with everyone I talked to. During my conversations one thing came up time and again. If she would have just been honest with him at the time things might have been different. Actually, it was each person I talked to (men and women), “if it was me...” and she had just been honest... But that’s not how we’re wired is it? To everyone who has had an affair, for whatever reason, did you every come out and say to your spouse “hey, I’m wanting out because...”? I’m pretty sure the answer is no. How about during the affair if you started to have more feelings for the affair partner than your spouse? Or after the affair if you found your way back to your spouse? See, humans just aren’t wired to be completely honest with each other. On top of that, the closer you are to the person, the more you hide from them. Seems strange but it’s more often true than not. Now, if you are able to truly be open and communicate honestly with each other, a lot of the negative emotions and baggage gets worked out and then you can be honest with your spouse. But how many people can say they have reached that point? Anyway, I’m rambling... thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Negative reinforcement doesn't mean what you think

Negative reinforcement is still reinforcement...it doesn't punish anything. Negative in that context means 'take away', so when something is negative reinforcement, that means that something aversive has been removed, and it's removal is reinforcing. What you described is positive punishment...where positive in this context means 'add in'...He added in something aversive that was punishing. Probably accurate that a therapist would get that wrong, despite that it's basic and easy to Google.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ohmigawd Mary did it again! She apologized to her husband, twice now! Yes she had shat on her wedding vows, cheated on her husband and relived the sweet memories of her dalliance from time to time but now she's apologizing and promising to be truthful to her hubby! This alone should be enough reason for the the hubby to take her back immediately without tormenting her with those hurtful questions. I hope the counselor will guide the deluded hubby to the right direction and give the story it's well-deserved cuck raac ending. On a side note I really love the LW counselors who try to play matchmakers so effortlessly. 5++++++++++/5!!!

Legit_Cuckyeah_Nostra

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Repeat, a shockingly good story from an author that I usually dislike.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

She was never mature enough for marriage.

iameaseliameaselalmost 2 years ago

Another very well done chapter. Its amazing at time how some authors can really capture an emotional situation in such a realistic way (yes folks we know this isn't, nor is any story here, fully realistic) but this was put together to come about as close as possible.

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A wonderfully deep story. But, on a technical note, your lack of comma use detracts from your storytelling ability. Hopefully you've seen the necessity of a proofreader by now. Thanks for your work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories