All Comments on 'Taralee's First Time Ch. 02'

by cubalover

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
LWJ2LWJ2about 11 years ago

Chs. 1 & 2

Nicely done, although in 1963 there wasn't a hundred-acre estate in D.C. itself, although there were a number in nearby Northern Virginia. There are (and were) largish estates along the western border of Rock Creek Park, Dumbarton Oaks comes to mind (~57 acres).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great work!

I'm feeling connected to your story. As I said after Ch 1, I remember 1964. In the summer of 64 your character's father was "a lusty 55", my father turned 56 that summer. Taralee was 18 and a junior in high school, I was 17 and a junior. During the 64 - 65 school year Taralee read "Lady Chatterley's Lover", so did I - love D. H. Lawrence. I like Taralee's free spirit, not many girls at that time could admit that they liked sex as much as us guys. Girls were wearing "Virgin Pins" and thought they must same themselves for marriage One minor correction: both Beatles songs you reference came from the album "Help!" which wasn't released until August, 1965.

cubalovercubaloverabout 11 years agoAuthor
Yes, but ...

You're right about the Beatles songs ... chalk that up to artistic license or oldtimer's disease, or simply: "If you can remember the '60s, you weren't there."

And the estate wasn't Dumbarton Oaks, but I couldn't very well identify it so precisely that anyone with freakin' Streetview could pinpoint the house, could I?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous