All Comments on 'Time'

by hoo_hoo_boo

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
Jim44444Jim44444about 11 years ago
Thank you

We all need to be reminded every now and then that being old is not the same as being dead. If we throw off the yoke of social norms then we are free love and be loved all the days of our lives. Some may criticize and want this in the Mature category but that would only extend the false stereotype that the elderly are not capable of eroticism. Not sure how this fit into the contest theme but a great story nonetheless.

hoo_hoo_boohoo_hoo_booabout 11 years agoAuthor
What does one say?

People forget, we too are a part of the environment. We too live, degrade and die. We too extend our genetics through reproduction. The whole story is a part of Earth Day. It's very real and frightening. Of all environmental issues it is, perhaps, the most poignant. A huge issue, in both personal and collective terms, is how we handle it. Of all the Earth Day issues it is the one least dealt with. We need to deal with it. We need to ask a lot of questions as to what we really want. We need to address how we are to handle death. I'm told that soon, we will have the option of living greatly extended lives through developments in medical science. Shouldn't we have a discussion as to what we have now before extending life spans so significantly. It's certainly all about the environment, now and into the future. The impact promises to be huge. The human environment could well be the most important issue of Earth Day. The basis of it are you and me, or the person up the street, or on the bus, or at the football, or two lonely people in homes for the aged.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

I loved it. 5 stars. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous