All Comments on 'Lady in Red Ch. 06'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I don't like all of them kissing Steve on the lips. I thinking lip kissing is more intimate then friendly.

It would be cool if Amber used the guys from the football team to model her future designs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story

Thank you for sharing. I have really enjoyed reading it. Keep writing.

ace4869ace4869about 11 years ago
Damn

You've put together a very good story. Thanks for writing it and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

I wasn't going to comment as I have on your other parts, but really this is such fun to read. Thank you for writing it.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Sad Story

Losing your father that way is a heavy blow for young man. The girls are going to have to formally adopt Steve, and then none of them can marry him.........

Truly we have superheroes here.

searching0240searching0240almost 11 years ago
What Is The Deal?

What is the deal with Literotica writers, and the gratuitous promotion of the American military? What purpose does it serve in a Love story?

I'm a Black American, born during America's Racial Apartheid era (Jim Crow). I know for a fact that the only people that non-White Americans have ever had to fight for freedom and justice, is White Americans. My father was career military. It is necessary to remind him of the struggle of Black Americans, against White Americans, every time he starts spouting off about "defeating communism". He promptly "shuts the hell up". He's reluctant to admit that he "sold his soul to the devil" for a better way of life for him and his family. I can acknowledge the sacrifice of his soul, without praising the evil that he served. After all, there weren't a whole lot of economic opportunities for a Black man, coming of age in the 1950's. But then I could say the same for the drug dealers in my generation. But the drug addicts are vitims of their own choice. The same can not be said for the victims of the US military. The victims of the US military, are victims of American selfishness, greed, ego, and savagery.

The US military has never fought for the freedom of Americans. Unless by freedom you use the definition of the US Confederate states. They defined freedom as the freeedom to oppress other humans.

The US military has always fought for the right of Americans to exploit the land, resources and cheap labor of other countries. They are nothing more than predators and thugs. They have eschewed the most basic of human morality. They have agreed to kill others, because someone in authority asked them to.

You seem to conveniently forget, that the soldiers in your story have invaded and occupied someone elses land. They are NOT defending Americans on American soil. Who exactly is the terrorist?

That is NOT to say that the Taliban are "nice" people. Religious conservatives are hardly ever "nice" people, whether they are Muslim, Jewish, Hindu or Christian. And as a Black American, I can say unequivically, that if evil needs a poster child, White Christian Americans would serve the function quite well.

It should surprise no one, that Americans have yet to become civilized. The US founding fathers were rapist, murders, and child traffickers. And Americans have yet to understand that they were bad people. I think that is mainly because White Americans don't care about harm committed by White people on non-White people. But why are the proponents of the military, so carefully clustered among the authors on Literotica?

Robert

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 10 years ago
To Searching 0240

If it had not been for us career military guys, you might be speaking German or Japanese right now.

As to the stories here and their themes, if you don't like (or understand) them, why read them?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Searching0240

It sounds like you are quite resentful. Instead of downplaying your father's commitment to his country, you should be thanking him. You obviously are the one that needs to "shut the hell up" and get some perspective. By the tone of your post you seem to hate this country but what's your alternative? Europe? Mexico? Maybe Africa? You think you'd find half the opportunities there that you have here? Think again. You ever been to Africa? Not a good place to live let alone grow up in. You think you struggled as a Black American but the truth is you don't know what struggle really is till you've lived there. Your worst experience in your lifetime here in the USA is still a thousand times better than your race is living with over there every day. Go ahead, hate America and hate White people. Your father paid with blood, sweat and tears so you can do that. If you tried hating the establishment over there, you'd be dead right now.

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
You Guys Missed the Point

My question is, what explains the "military fetish" of LW writers. If the writers put a warning at the beginning of the story, that it contains gratuitous military ass kissing, I would not read the story.

The only people Black Americans have ever had to fight for freedom and justice, is White Americans. The military fought for the freedom of white folks in Europe. But Black folks were enduring legalized racial apartheid here in America, while America was fighting in Europe. If the military had been killing White people here in America, I might have more respect for them. My father spouts your same bullshit, until I point out that it has no basis in fact. Communists didn't come up with genocide committed against Native American's, Slavery of African Americans, or Jim Crow. The evil that needs to be defeated here in America, has nothing to do with Communism. And in most cases around the world, communism and non-christian religious extremism (in non-white countries), is a direct backlash against European/American

raping and pillaging.

I grew up with my father's so called "comrades in arms". They were a savage ruthless people. I'm surprised he trusted them enough to turn his back on them. But he sold his soul for a better way of life. He doesn't like to be reminded that he was the butt-boy of the people that were oppressing his friends and family. He didn't serve the supposed ideals of this country. But then again this country has never paid more than lip service to those ideals. What he did was serve capitalism and the people who steal the resources of other countries around the world. That's the real reason that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. And regardless of how you have been mislead, many US corporations and White Americans supported the Nazis. And yes Americans make sure that they make everyone else's life miserable around the world, so that they can steal and waste everyone else's resources.

But all of that is beside the point. Can't you sociopaths understand that the foreigners in question, are fighting for their own country, on their own soil. If that is what our military was doing, I would honor them and hopefully assist them. Can't you people tell a "love story", without glorifying the murder of others in their own country. You are truly a sick people.

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
searching 0204

My question is who gives a fuck what your sorry ass think?

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
It Was A Simple Question

If the authors simply said, "this story contains gratuitous military ass kissing", I would skip the story. This may not be obvious to some you morons, but I can't retro-actively skip the stories. And, it is not that I don't understand the stories. I don't understand the motivation for the insinuation of the militaristic bullshit in what is otherwise a quite touching love story.

I also asked why you predators and thugs believe that the "military serves this country". Why would anyone believe that a bunch of people who volunteer to go kill people that have done nothing to America, are somehow honorable or decent. They are either exceptionally stupid, or they are just thugs.

That is not to say the Taliban are good people. They are religious conservatives. Most, if not all religious conservatives, whether christian, jewish, or muslim, are bad people. (America certainly has more than it's share of religious conservatives) But if you want to fight the people who are doing bad things to Americans, they are right here in the good ol' US of A.

And, if you don't like what I have to say, you can simply skip my comments. I do not post as "Anonymous".

Robert

oshawoshawover 10 years ago
searching 0204

From the author's foreword in Chapter 1: "If Navy Seals, football stars, surgeons, glamorous actors and models, and honest politicians destroy your ability to suspend disbelief; this story may not be for you."

Since you failed to heed the warning from the onset of the story that would lead me to believe that (a) no warning would have sufficed since you either can not comprehend a warning; or (b) you intentionally ignored the warning in order to get some gratification by agitating some truly stupid comments.

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
oshaw

What about my comments was "stupid" or "inaccurate"?

And "destroy your ability to suspend disbelief" is certainly not the same as "contains gratuitous military ass-kissing".

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Searching 0240

I'm not American i'm Irish but you clearly a close minded, delusional, self righteous idiot. History can show you that without a standing army your easy taking for the next power monger that comes along and a sharp blade is of more use than a dull one. If in keeping their army in combat condition they decide to help impoverished countries by taking out the real scum or "thugs" as you would say then they have my blessing despite whatever backroom deals go on, but again that's polotics not a soldiers lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I'm sorry but everyone kissing EVERYONE is too much, the dialogue is stilted and NO teenager would talk that way. 1*

chaser73065chaser73065almost 10 years ago
240

Soldiers don't get to decide who to fight that's not there job. I know a lot of soldiers none of the ones I know like killing. If they never had to fire a weapon in anger it would be fine with them. Yes there are plenty of people here in America who need taken care of but I can guarantee you don't want the military to do it. The military is a tool in the tool belt of the President. Country's without strong military's don't have as much leverage at the international level. One of the biggest problems recently is that soldiers are being used as cops. Soldiers make lousy cops they aren't trained as cops so when they are used as cops FUBAR happens. If the war is unjust blame it on the people who sent them blame it on the bosses not on the workers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fantastic story!

I love all of it and wish readers just vote if the story doesn't appeal to them. Why say anything if you can't say something good? Ron R Wood OldMarineVet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
bad

bad story, bad dialogue, bad plot, lot of holes. and way beyond suspension of disbelief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Set in 50s ?

This is going too far. ! Mom says "we will have to get a lawyer and ask the father" The parents have nothing to do with the plan except with respectto Kate. This is not quite up to the dr won't write Gwen a prescription for birth control unless mom agrees and Gwen isn't living at home (way to lose license to pracrice?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Story but...

It's getting really wierd all the kissing on the lips.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
there are times I wish for the mundane

instead of the biggest, baddest, mostest, and extremest of everything.

Yes, a caveat was placed at the beginning, but after a while it is possible to have too much of a good thing.

A celebration of the ordinary would be welcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Searching0240

He's right. Many Americans seem delusional about the objectives and accomplishments of their military. It's potential is useful for holding a balance of power but every time the military is actually used a messy situation is guaranteed because this massive military machine is constantly embarrassed by smaller and under-resourced determined opposition. Idolisation of the military should come under the category "Fantasy"

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
About the military

Since you brought it up, our military has been shamelessly misused for the past 16 years. The military is used to blow things up and burn things down. Period-dot-end. Using the military for 'peacekeeping' is like using the fine china to dig in your garden: it will work, but it is not the best tool for the job and you might (will) break it. You wanna win hearts and minds, call a chaplain. You wanna keep the peace, call the MPs. You wanna kick ass, turn the military loose without ludicrous ROE (rules of engagement). Given a true combat mission, they are unmatched. Our military is not a fantasy; it's a grim, brutal, awesome reality. Our politicians are a fantasy, a dark fantasy.

This story by HDK is a sweet fantasy. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Rightbank

The mundane is all around us. You are correct in that there is nothing wrong (and quite a bit right) with everyday folks going about their business and treasuring each small success. Yet, to be truly fantastic requires exaggeration: the villains are meaner, the heroes bigger, stronger, better and the heroines beautiful and worthy. This story has/is all of that. Every roll of the dice is either boxcars or snake eyes! Please continue to celebrate the mundane, for that is where we live. But admit it, you would rather live in Sparta, right?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
0240... I understand exactly what you're saying... But you're wasting your breath because they will never get it... They don't want to get it...

0240... I understand exactly what you're saying... But you're wasting your breath because they will never get it... They don't want to get it... You're trying to convince a dog that chasing cats is wrong.... Trying to convince a cat to stop eating mice... What they do is inherent in them... As are their justifications for it... I expected the attacks you received... But one disappointed me... Oshaw... I really enjoy your work... But your attitude in your attack on 1240 will weigh on me everytime i now read one of your works...

As to this story... It's way...way...way over the top... Annoyingly so... I'm waiting for steve or gwen to bring about nuclear disarmament... Or end world hunger... This is way to much... And it keeps escalating from one unbelievable situation to the next... Just way to much...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Flawed.

This story like the previous ones is flawed.If Lisa is that good looking ,how come she hasn't got a boy friend.Also no seventeen year old boy would have been allowed to be in Afghanistan regardless of who his father was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 STARS

IRL (in real life) we do not/can not do multiple exploits and have a number of hot gals longing for us. But HDK helps us experience it vicariously through Steve with the oh-so-hot Anderson women (and others) drooling for him. Just like Zane Grey gives us the heroic guy in he old west. And Sir Arthur Conan Doyle gave us detective Sherlock Holmes who always gets the criminal (as does NCIS; and Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot).

Thanks, HDK.

I know of white racism toward blacks (and others), and personally have encountered Native American (Indian) prejudice against whites. But searching0240 is the most prejudiced racism from a black toward whites in my experience. It is his attitude -- held by any race toward any other race -- that keeps racial dissension alive in the world.

George Washington Carver bettered his people, not by hating the dominant whites, but by seeking to join hands with them (and other Negroes) with positive programs. Jesse Owens similarity in his own different sphere.

If warnings are going to be put at the beginning of stories about positive view of the military (something I would never have thought needed), should we then include warnings of negative (or positive) views of Republicans (or Democrats), or Christians, or Muslims, or environmentalists, or anti (or pro) big business or ......? I suppose this story needs a warning that if you are fat or not good looking, it may give you a complex, since it makes a big deal of fit and gorgeous people. The U.S. Armed Forces was in the forefront of institutions where racial minorities had a better chance for advancement. Japanese (but not Germans!?!) were unfairly quarantined in the U.S. during World War II. They have made amazing advancements in the U.S. since -- but it was not by dwelling on their unjust treatment.

Frankly, I do not want a warning that a story is positive (or negative) to the military, and wish that searching0240 had never gotten us (that includes me) off onto his personal, individual quirk. Just dumps trash in the Public Comments, and derails us from the story.

Paul in Oklahoma

waifwaifover 5 years ago
To all the haters.

It bothers me that so many people can read this story and go nuts about the "impossible" series of events that take place. It especially bothers me that HDK was very clear in the introduction about the type of events that would be depicted in this tale. All I can really ask those few haters out there are two simple questions....

DID NONE OF YOU SEE/READ FORREST GUMP?

How can you find that story (national bestseller/academy award winner) entertaining and then slam this story for its lack of realism?

I guess it's true when they say, "haters gotta hate".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why

Why wasn't the lord of the household,monolithic,Ted at the ball game final?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To the anonymous poster about the Military being misused

You are absolutely correct. The Military should not be peacekeepers. Just as it should not have imbedded reporters. We get our asses kicked, because we are trying to fight entrenched forces, with 99% of our ability restrained. Everyone thinks that they want to know what is going on in a war zone, but the reality is, is NO ONE wants to see how wars are fought. They are bloody, brutal, and ruthless. They have countless casualties and many of those casualties are innocent. The fact is, to effectively win a war, you have to be that way.

We as a nation, can't stomach fighting like that. IMO we should stay out of peace keeping and nation building. If we have to go to war, go in destroy what needs to be destroyed as efficiently as possible with as little risk to American lives as possible, then GTFO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
How

How could Steve been in Afghanistan just ayesr ago he was just starting Sparta?.

jackson1863jackson1863over 4 years ago
Tales of the Imagination

I like this series, I like the characters and the way it is written. The events are largely of the imagination, the more vivid, the better. It is good creative writing, what ever you think of the plausability of the events. I hope it runs and runs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Flawed

This story is badly flawed.There is no way Steve would have been allowed to be in a war zone with his father,likewise the O,Leary women.As for defence,any furniture in the room would have been piled against the room door to prevent it being opened.If they really were grateful,the O,Leary's could have tracked Steve down to thank him.wrong

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Load

What a load of fantastic nonsense.load

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Who cares

This set of stories is supposed to be fun and interesting but some jackasses keep thinking it is some kind of documentary it is totally fictional and should be read as such.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

too much us bs, seals, kabul, taliban, etc. apostrophe misuse as well - either typo or grade nine english major error. otherwise good english. too many actors in play, my memory overflowed. as well, no archaic capitalisation for me.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

I'm liking this more.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 2 years ago

Kate is such a hoot! She's a wild one, but a great character to have in this story.

Glad to see Steve's backstory revealed, although I can't fully buy it; I'll say it fits ok in the story, as it largely gels with his calm and collected nature--but I can't see someone of that age downing several enemies and not having some form of PTSD--as it would have been more reasonable to have had him hide the civilians and use his strength to place furniture as obstacles to bar entry, then use that calm to calm those people. I can buy Amber O'Leary's marketing and fashion design angle and the governor-elect's position allows him to eventually contribute something significant to the local hospital.

Rated this a 5, although if I could rewind I'd have to rate this a 4, because of the unlikely nature of a 16-year old able to do that. However, the series engages me on many levels and I'm enjoying it.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I actually hope this story goes in a polyamorous direction with Steve ending up with ALL the Anderson daughters as his wives. Now that would be a hoot.

5/5

darussiandarussian2 months ago

Thought I’d give it one more chapter just in case. That was a mistake. Typical male child writing. Badly written, pretty bad storytelling, bad editing… not much else to say here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7108 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories