All Comments on 'Leo's Corollary'

by HarryHill

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Ashesh9Ashesh9almost 11 years ago
The salt lies in the

Seasoning , Harry ?

erectus123erectus123almost 11 years ago
well done

how do you say your sorry....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Harry

I don't care much at all for the title of the poem, or for the first seven lines of the poem, and very little for the next four lines of the poem, but the last two lines are so exceptional I feel compelled to rate the entire poem a five.

AngelineAngelinealmost 11 years ago
I fived it

I agree with anon about the title, if only because I don't know who Leo is or what his corollary means. So, as a reader, I don't get anything from the title to bring to my understanding of the poem. I also agree that the ending (especially the last line), is exceptional. The rest I can see as a dramatic monologue that works toward revealing the narrator in those last two lines. It's spare and has no wasted words and the punctuation is correct and not overdone, all really good things.

mafia_patriarchmafia_patriarchalmost 11 years ago
Leo's Threnody

A little puzzling, but full of regret. Taz wonders why his comments get scratched. Most of the time they have nothing to do with the story. This latest carpet bombing doesn't help either.

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
DESCRIBING THE INDIVIDUALS TRAIT

have I thought about them all. TK U MLJ LV NV

theognistheognisalmost 11 years ago
Harry

I came back to read this poem again, and those last two lines still strike me as being truly exceptional, but I think Angeline actually expressed what I meant to say about the entire poem better than I did in my previous comment.

Like I said elsewhere, though, those last two lines are a real one-two knockout.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarryHill@HarryHill
98 Followers
I believe that to become a writer one must first be a reader; attempt saturation in that endeavor