All Comments on 'FAWC 1: My Lady'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
JustaSCOUNDRELJustaSCOUNDRELalmost 11 years ago
A Good Story

Not exactly my personal cup of tea, but that does not detract from a well written story.

In some ways this could be considered a primer for dominants. Not all of us are the same just as not every submissive is the same.

Mike

4glory64glory6almost 11 years ago
Theme incidental

I agree with the previous comment that this is well written and looks like it might be a useful primer on BDSM (although I know little about BDSM), but I had to mark it down in relationship to some of the others I've read because the connection to theme was incidental as compared with the others I've read. From what I understand, writing to theme was--or should be--important to a special story exercise like this. The theme seems a throw away element to this. Sort of like the treatment of themes in the regular contests here. I hoped this exercise would be tighter on theme--and some of the other stories weave it right in. This is the first story of over two pages, though, that I didn't get the feeling was just being padded with words to make them long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hmmm...

will the author names be revealed at the end of the contest? As in the author of each chapter. This is the first in this series I'm reading. Not finished with it yet, but it's looking pretty good. Thanks...

steve44uksteve44ukalmost 11 years ago
In need of a good edit.

An entertaining, if predictable storyline. Being vanilla myself, I can't speak to the authenticity of this "insight" into the BDSM lifestyle, but it *felt* a lot less convincing than 'Exploring Exhibitionism'.

My reading experience was badly marred by the number of typos and grammatical errors. Characters and dialogue were somewhat wooden, too.

laceNlthrgrrllaceNlthrgrrlalmost 11 years ago
Delicious

A trifle predictable but a good tale nonetheless. The setup in the club was entertaining, and the snarking about 50 Shades was much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

The writing felt forced at times.

snakes454snakes454almost 11 years ago
john

He should have ended up with tosha. Hot story.

BuckyDuckmanBuckyDuckmanalmost 11 years ago

Great fun! My favorite three lines:

"This is exactly the kind of... 'Crap'... that ... makes all of us look like we're the bastard children of the Marquis de Sade and Susan Atkins."

"That's a whip of a different color"

And...

"If you need a whip and a chair, it's a circus act."

FAWCkerFAWCkeralmost 11 years ago
FAWC Contributor

This story was submitted by MSTarot. Well done, M!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good fantasy story...

I like the amount of detail added, there was just enough to get the whole picture, but at the same time it glossed over enough so that the reader didn't have to go through all the nitty gritty at the same time.

Several of the comments call this story a primer. I call it an object lesson. It just confirms in me, that deep down inside...I could never get into the lifestyle. Please, do not confuse that statement with me condemning it at all! Whatever makes people happy let them enjoy it and everything, "So that it harm none, do as thou whilt." and all that. I have read several differnet storys and spoken to many peple who enjoy it is all. This story has clinched it. I am not cut out for BDSM.

Have to admit, some parts of it do seem like fun! LOL

All this to say, good story, surprised at the low rating. Hope you continue writing more. I find your stories to be both educational, titilating, and they make me think. Darn you for the last one! I don't read these stories so I have to THINK! :-)

Sincerely, Payenbrant.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous