All Comments on 'BDSM: Toybox Tips On A Budget'

by xelliebabex

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
mel_pomenemel_pomenealmost 11 years ago
Useful tips ...

... to those few of us who are not billionaires! Nearly all the stories around these days seem to be set around such rarities and their toys! Thank you for sharing.

JustaSCOUNDRELJustaSCOUNDRELalmost 11 years ago
BDSM on a Budget

Very nicely done xelliebabex, while we have not always been on a budget we were when we started and you have come up with some excellent ideas. Cheap disposable chop sticks like you get in a Chinese restaurant can be bought cheaply at oriental market. They are effective and look sexy as hell, at least to me.

For canes try a garden store and buy bamboo stakes, sand them nicely and you'll have several months supply for a few dollars.

Lastly safety, EMT scissors, anytime you are binding anyone with rope have them close at hand not stashed somewhere, maybe, you think. We play in the bedroom and I always had two pair in the night stand drawer and they came out where I could see them during play time. Amazon has them for a round $5 a pair. I have two pair. Nothing is more important than my submissive safety.

If you break or damage your toy you can't play with it again.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Obviously done with the female submissive in mind.

If you consider the male submissive, then there is one device that you need to get at the hardware store: A "lint trap" which fits over the end of a faucet or nozzle. It can be used over a penis so that, when the female squeezes it, the sensation on the penis is difficult for the male to remain still.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great list and ideas!

A couple of suggestions: If you like using handcuffs in your play, spend the money to buy good ones. In the USA ‘Surplus stores’ are a good place to buy heavy duty cuffs at a reasonable price.

Fabric stores often have sales on the final bits of cloth bolts if you are looking for a specific texture. Again, letting them know you are searching for small pieces of fabric ends can help you.

Some fabric stores also sell ‘seamstress’ cloth clamps’ that are almost exactly the same as clover clamps -- but at 25% the price. True, they are not a linked set at that point with a pretty chain, but if all one likes is the clamp, then this is a way to inexpensively add to your collection.

Stores that sell fishing equipment are good places to buy sinkers and connecting fishing line to add weight to clamps.

Fly fishing outfitters are a useful a place to buy some of the fur and feather texturey things to be added to gloves, blindfolds, etc.; but they will require glues and/or sewing for full attachment.

One of my favorite sensation tools for teasing a bound submissive is a feather duster. Home shops and thrift stores are good places for these.

Paddles: Don’t forget that a good (single piece) back-scrubber shower brush makes a wonderful small-impact-area paddle.

Places that sell horse tack can be good places for thicker leather accouterments and riding crops/bats.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Actually, its been proven that wax doesn't actually cool down any no matter what height you drip it from in the bedroom. You're better off getting a candle that melts at a low temperature, the best ones have wax that is already malleable at room temperature. The higher you drip the wax from, the more chance that it will land somewhere you don't want it, or splash, so you are better off dripping it from close enough that it doesn't splash, but far enough that your partner won't be uncomfortable or get burned from the flame.

SylithSylithover 9 years ago
Foam Pipe insulation dildo's

Amazingly firm yet soft - grey foam pipe wrap, use with condom - extremely cheap yet durable and extremely sensational provoking. Comes in a variety of diameters and can be cut to length with scissors. Found at any hardware store -HD or Lowes

MSTarotMSTarotabout 9 years ago
~Smile~

Pirate chest huh? Why is that not a surprise?

To this chest of toys I can add a few.

Bamboo back-scratchers: they are incredibly durable,and thin enough to get a good pop. They sometimes come with a roller wheel on the handle end that can be used for sensation.

Garment hanger with the clamps to hold the clothes: Not so much the modern type with the slides but the older style that used spring clamps. They made perfect twin nipple clamps, and the hanger itself worked well as a handle, weight holder, it could be tied to a small rope and the rope held between the slave's teeth. (basically making her pull her own nipples every time you pull her hair) Very versatile.

Silly as it sounds, Duct tape. You have a binder, a holder, (hair remover) a gag, ect. Just be sure to clean the glue from the skin afterwords it can cause irritation. Also it comes in different grades, there is no need for the strongest type.

In the end just anything can be used as a toy,( my own lady prefers a small frying pan as a paddle) just so long as you play carefully. And remember, if you need a whip and a chair...it's a circus act.

Going to go giggle about the pirate's chest toy box now.

MST

PerimedesPerimedesover 8 years ago
More hints on a budget

As another suggestion, I too picked up some pyramid fishing weights at a tackle shop. I also went to the local home improvement store and bought a length of gold colored chain (small) and some small "S" hooks. Add these to the weights and you have some fairly decorative weights with chains.

And let's not forget good old wooden spoons or bamboo spatulas for small paddles.

I also bought rope at the home improvement store, but I'm not sure of the material. It's not nylon though (ouch). It also comes in colors. I bought purple and it's flecked with other colors. This is not the stuff on the bulk rolls. It has the appearance of climbing rope. It's a little bulky for Shibari/Kinbaku, but even that type of jute or hemp rope can be purchased online in bulk (5-6mm width) for reasonable prices.

Black_JadeBlack_Jadeover 8 years ago
cost conscience

Great ideas!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
straps and restraints

The one inch wide variety is cheap in a sewing depth at Walmart about $2 yard add it to quick release heavy duty buckles. I spent about $25 and had more than enough to do spread eagle And other things saved about $200 from buying at the adult toy store. Your imagination is the limit have fun

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Gloves

Gloves are a great idea, but if you play with people other than your significant other, it can be a good idea to go with nitrile gloves as opposed to latex ones in order to cater to those with a latex allergy. You can get a box of 100 for about $10 at amazon or similar

JudyLeeJudyLeeover 7 years ago
Nice

Very informative. Nice to know when money is tight or if you need disguise the toy as something innocuous.

roveroneroveroneover 3 years ago

huh...!

is there an female Australian equivalent of a Boy Scout...?

..resourceful...always prepared...

would say you're up in the varsity level of kink..not my bent (and not the Brit meaning of the word, but inclination), but must be lots of fun to play with you...lucky gfs/bfs

on totally different note...LOVED the story about Maggie...and your legs in avatar

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When you mentioned canes, you didn't mention garden centres, you can find large canes, or interestingly short fine ones, incredible sensation being whacked across the chest, without the risks associated with larger canes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Making your own ball gag seems simple enough. Either a small hand ball or wiffle ball for breathability. String a little girls thin belt though to secure.

For sensation play I like GUM Proxabrush Go-Betweens teeth Cleaners. The bristles are a bit rough with a sharp tip so please don't poke or scrape. Just roll over the skin . I never tried water picks but I hear good things. I loved wooden clothes pins. However if you are gentle or only place them on for a few moments, you can use small butterfly hair clips.

Woman's purse accessories and men's shoe accessories have small tassels in lieu of a teaser flogger.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxelliebabex@xelliebabex
5531 Followers
G'day, Well, 2022 was much of the same. Although it seems Amazon is getting better at shutting down the thieves. I know I should take it as a compliment that my stories are worth stealing, but it's just frigging annoying. I sincerely thank the readers who alert me when they f...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

BDSM Series Info