All Comments on 'About Writing Sequels'

by silkstockingslover

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks for the explanation..

And thanks a lot for writing so good stories ! I am a french reader and will try to let you a comment as often as I can !

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry to Hear

...about "Like Mother, Like Daughter." I enjoyed it thoroughly but thought it was one most in need of a sequel to tell the story of the daughter's seduction and submission. It didn't feel complete as it is currently. Also just want you to know that your stories are some of the most enjoyable on the site and I look forward to many more!

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 10 years ago
It seems to be a good day for essays!

Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us, Jasmine. You are indeed a very good writer, as I have often said before. If ever you do decide to publish some more grammatical insights, I would be only too happy to read them!

A fine, unusual piece of work - five stars, as always.

pubebrushpubebrushover 10 years ago
No need to explain

You are an extremely talented writer and shouldn't have the need to explain yourself. keep up the good work as i enjoy the vast majority of the fruits of your labour

pobearmanpobearmanover 10 years ago

Love your stories. Always know I will get a great read when I see one. That said, I hope you consider continuing Mom's submission. It is my favorite so far. Also understand if you don't. Thanks for your writing

katlandkatlandover 10 years ago
Perhaps something to help you...

An author I like to read once said they designed the start and end points of their stories and then filled in as needed for the entire length of a series. This isn't to say they had confidence that even the first three stories in the series would do well enough to get to the grand conclusion of the series, but it gave them a framework from which to build upon if the initial stories did well and helped to maintain continuity. Each novel in the story is self contained of course and can stand alone on their own.

In reading this essay, I am left with the idea that you mainly write a story, see how it does, and only then try to flesh it out further if it does well. I easily be wrong, but if I'm right then may I suggest taking a bit to review your favorite stories, not ours, and seeing how you'd like to see them end if given the opportunity to bring them to the conclusion you wished for them? Then develop an outline for the characters' growth from one "novel/story" to the next.

Right now the three series I truly wish to see more of is indeed "Like Mommy, Like Daughter", the "Catching Mommy" series, and the "Mommy: Becoming My Daughter's Slut" series. In short I love to see the corruption of the mothers in these stories. However, I stress again, write for yourself first.

MasterExxMasterExxover 10 years ago
I understand your frustration around sequel requests...

...and I'm sad to hear that more people haven't read "Like Mommy, Like Daughter." I loved it, and would really love to see sequels, especially since the setup at the end of the first story involves the promise of the protagonist being made to seduce her own daughter.

This isn't a demand, just a voice of support. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Oh, and stockings are SUPER hot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

You are an extremely talented writer but you are getting away from your roots the mother daughter stories lesbian stories and the white girl that are sub to black girls you need to get back to the stories you started out with I use to check your site every day but lately your stories do not have the umph they used to have I use to enjoy your stories but now most the time I can read the first and last paragraph and can tell you what the story is about where is the sex

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent Essay

When can we expect a sequel?

darkdance69darkdance69over 10 years ago
Thank You

As an amateur author myself I appreciate the work you and others do here. I hope to see some new chapters soon. But if you can't manage it we understand. Great work and kudos.

Wildcat2013Wildcat2013over 10 years ago
I am not a writer

But I love to read!

I started with Taking Jasmin Walker and have been working my way through your lesbian themed writings. I have loved everything so far.

Why my comment you ask? Well because nothing irritates me more than someone bitching in a comment except of course when said bitchers are "anonymous". Come on people constructive criticism is one thing but don't berate an author for what they choose to write, or in this case what they choose to add to after the fact.

Jasmin my advice to you is to continue to write whatever "speaks" to you. Write it however works for you and to hell with the bitchers out there.

Ok ok I am putting away my soap box for now.

Thank you for the wonder gift you are sharing with all of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wildcat2013

I think Jasmine a wonderful writer just needs to go back to what she knows best and get back to some of stories she started with instead of letting the readers hang waiting for them to finish a story like most writers they move on to something else and leave their fans hanging waiting so long they can't remember the story I think Jasmine is one of the great writers just wish she would go back to her roots I think Dual Writer said it best when he said I don't want to be like many of the past authors to begin posting and stop because they have croaked or had to wash their hair. finish the story before moving on

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest Terry

Don't Have account I like to be anonymous as I can Be on the world wide web you never no who may be watching you ha ha ha ha

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Consider a sequel to Deconstructing the Professor?

Will you ever consider writing a sequel to Deconstructing the Professor? Raceplay's hot and I would love to see a sequel to that story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
October?!

Catching Mommy Feels Like Waiting For Winds Of Winter. I Thought It Was Sipposed To Be September! Owelll I Know That Just Means Itll Be Done Right.

silkstockingsloversilkstockingsloverover 10 years agoAuthor
Catching mommy

I have started it...but the pressure to do it right has slowed the writing...I will say I am going to have a very, very special ending for the people who have patiently been waiting...

That said...it will be at least a couple of months...maybe more...

jm0358jm0358about 10 years ago
Hello Ms Jasmine,

There will always be Commentors that throw stones about whatever, and that will say what you should or should not do. You work hard for us your fans. It's unfortunate that people must complain at all, and then especially to hide behind "Anonymous" ? I enjoy your work, and I do understand you cannot satisfy everyone, including me.

"About Writing Sequels" was a fine work giving us personal info about you and how you think and prioritize your work. Thank you. And as for how you prioritize your work : 1). Contest Stories, 2). Sequels, etc. hey that works for me. While I may be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next maybe final chapter of Catching Mommy, I will wait patiently, and want your Contest Stories to be the best !

An Anonymous commentor wrote "you need to get back to the stories you started out". So you will know, yes you are the Queen of Lesbian Submission :) but my favorite stories by you actually fall under your idea of "different from my usual themes" ... Shemale School and Best Wife. Thank you for writing these different stories. Most of your work has been excellent ... you are a wonderful writer. And if you decide to branch out and do something different, more power to you !

Good Luck on your Contest Stories !

Happy New Year :)

PS : Go Team Victoria :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
fan mail from some flounder

Ms. Julia,i am such a fan of yours! i have thrilled to your stories for quite a while now. i can't get enough of lesbian reluctant submission. i eagerly look forward to your next gem! thank you.

LittleprickLittleprickalmost 10 years ago
You are a great author

I am a big fan of yours but I never paid attention to this subject before today. It was not in the category i ususally read.

I am one of those who complained (to myself) that you don't finish one story before starting a new one. Now that I know how you work I understand why you don't.

When you love something you want to have more of it that's why readers always ask for sequels. But it's not always a good idea. When the author doesn't plan for a sequel it's best to leave it that way I think because it's very rare that the sequel will be any good. I saw a lot of movies, series or books ruined because the author did sequels they didn't plan. They forced their imagination and the results were not good.

You are a gifted writer so don't do sequel for the sake of your readers. You write so many original stories and except some stories I didn't read (gay, crossdresser) they were all good. I didn't find one of your story I didn't enjoy reading. You even have a lot of great stories that are so exciting I couldn't read them in one time if you know what I mean.

If one day you don't have any idea for a new project then you can go back to an old story and think about a sequel. Until then just do as you feel it, it's the most important thing for an artist.

Thanks for all your stories and now that I started to write I really know how difficult it is to do so. i respect you even more since.

TheCoxxxmann57TheCoxxxmann57over 9 years ago
Explained rather eloquently I must say......

I find nothing wrong J-Baby with your writings and after your reasoning here I now understand your point of view. As the author of your various stories I fully agree with whatever you do mistress and I humbly await your stories.........

LWHunterLWHunterabout 9 years ago
Keeping something for yourself

As you say writing a sequel is far more difficult than starting a fresh story. Keeping the character fresh and growing without losing the excitement of a new or continuing plot. Far from as easy as it sounds.

In my writing, the characters become very nearly real, they tell me the story. I become so immersed in them that I speak to them as real, it becomes an interview. I simply become the transcriber. But they, the individual characters, set the pace of the story. Hence the time between chapters.

You have to keep something of yourself, you have a life besides the keyboard. I can get lost in a story and can lose days. But then I don't have distractions of normal vanilla people. I applaud you, thoroughly enjoy your writing, fully understand the time and effort required between chapters, so I say bravo to your rant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hi Jasmine,

Jasmine,

You are very professional with your stories in the content an story lines. Your stories have substance and meaning. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
idea and suggestion

I’ve an idea but think that I need to describe. Where can I leave a suggestion?

Go ahead and delete this comment as I’m toying with you. Ooh, that sounds like fun! Do you know the kind of images that conjures up in my mind? Hope you’re not mad that I did this. Wanted to do something a little different. Surprised?

LKP

Olddog13Olddog13over 7 years ago
Thank you for your take on sequels, Jasmine

I agree, sequels take more effort and planning than the original story. I think you have to plan seques in a kind of storyboard so you remember what is supposed to be in THIS chapter, and what is supposed to be in THAT chapter.

We, our humble readers, know that it is an effort to keep all the characters in the right place, and doing the right thing(s) to the right person, in any specific chapter.

Keep on keeping on, Jasmine. You are doing wonderfully.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Exactly what I need

I'm so glad I found this. I've only recently started posting my stories on Literotica. Both stories I've written I felt compelled to write a sequel, and both times I've been less than happy with what I've written. Reading this has given me a better idea of what I should be trying to achieve with a sequel, or will allow me to feel ok about not writing one.

I've read a few of your stories, I think it will take me a long time to read them all, and love your writing style. There are so many writers on Literotica, some better than others, all deserving of some praise, but you are definitely one of my favourite authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You for Sharing Your Stories with Us

Thank you, Jasmine. You work hard to write your great, usually sexy, stories dripping with sex, lust, and passion and get nothing back but some praise (and often some grammar Nazi's snarky comments).

Personally, I want to thank you for many hours of enjoyment.

I hope you continue to favor us with your stories. I would not have had nearly as much enjoyment without you.

FoggyKernelFoggyKernelabout 6 years ago
Writing is hard

Thanks for sharing. Your comments on sequels echoes many comments by other writers (even professional) that I have at Cons and online. And as one of my favorite authors has mentioned, you must let the muse lead you, not you lead the muse. Even Robert Heinlein's (arguably most famous) Stranger in a Strange Land took close to two decades to write (See William Patterson's biography on Heinlein). You keep writing them as you see fit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fan

Just wanted to tell you I love your stories, awesome work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you

You are one of my favorite authors on here and you do amazing work please keep it up i love the amout of effort you clearly put into your stories

monkeykinglivesmonkeykinglivesalmost 4 years ago
Perfect timing to read this

Your observation that sequels already have the set-up and that makes things more difficult was very helpful. I'm running into that now.

A lot of sequels seem to drain the life out of the characters and they become empty puppets just going through the motions. It's a drag for the writer and the reader picks that up.

I guess if the character has another story that must be told, it is still fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
use me and daughter in law in story

Please if you ever get the time I request a story with my daughter in law i could furnish some info for it. I would write it but alas I am not a writer even though I am filled in my head with stories. Thanks

bshell47bshell47over 3 years ago
Favorite series

Love your series.

My favorite is "Best Present Ever"

Always love a virgin brother getting "cured" by a dominating sister once she sees his cock. Twins are a favorite set of characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for writing this.

Hello, thanks for writing this0p. I've written quite a few stories for my own pleasure. I'm starting to wonder if I should submit any of them, anywhere. Reading this article of yours has given me a little push.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your reasoning for not finishing a story is waaay off kilter. When you write a story you have a DUTY to your readers to complete it, not leave them hanging. It isn't as complex as you purport it to be, not by a long stretch. Some of your stories wrap up nicely but with others you just get lazy. Contrary to your way of thinking, it isn't the readers' job to use their imagination to finish a story, it's your job to provide it!! That's the reason we're reading stories here in the first place. I want to be entertained by what I'm reading and the storyline should be providing that, not just a description of the sex. The volume of your writing is overtaking the essence of what should be the priority, which is to finish what you start before moving on. Please finish up many of your good stories as many of us wish.

4chuckssite4chuckssiteover 1 year ago

Sorry but I think your rationale is a bit off kilter. I agree with the comment below that suggests completions trump quantity in story submittals. And quality is important as well. It is hard to believe that several people spend hours editing your work considering the quantity of errors that interrupt the readability. I’m guessing that most of the errors come from dictating the story and the interpretation by the dictation software. I’d say, as a fairly recent reader of your stories (about 100 so far) that most have suggestions for sequels that both of us know will never be written. I’d rather to see the suggested end of the stories I choose to read rather than substitution of entirely new, but unfinished stories that satisfy your apparent lust for participating in a contest and being one of the most prolific writers on this site. Your imagination and writing talent are impressive. Excellence in the presentation of the FINISHED product is important to this reader.

TamaboneTamaboneover 1 year ago

I really enjoy getting inside your head and seeing the reasons why you do what you do. It is a hard thing to write an entertaining and engaging story, and I think that you do it quite well. I have attempted to write several stories myself but always toss them aside before they are finished. I always think I have a good idea for a story based on one of my fantasies but it is so hard to turn my thoughts into a well written story. Putting pen to paper is much harder than fantasizing the story. The next time I try to write I may consult this article and use some of your advice. Thank you for doing this.

Have you ever considered trying to write a multiple chapter story where each chapter is deliberately in a different category? You could keep it going checking off every category as you go. Just an idea I had while reading this. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for the insights into what you do. I’m very impressed by your ability to write as often as you do given your career and family responsibilities. You’re one of my favorite authors.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thank you, Jasmine, for being so helpfully honest about what the problems are. Those of us who do not write have little or no idea of what is involved. I once wrote a "novel" printed it off, bound it in book form. It had taken about eighteen months but ended up as only 86 pages A5 size. To be honest, it wasn't very good and only circulated among family members who weren't impressed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersilkstockingslover@silkstockingslover
50097 Followers
I am a married woman who has a fetish for wearing nylons. My themes although I am not limited to them are: seduction, domination, humiliation, blackmail, lingerie,and submission. I write about my fantasies and will write stories based on other people's fantasies as well, ...