All Comments on 'VERY wet'

by Robbin_Young

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Welcome back,

It's nice to see you writing again. I wish that we could meet someday, so I could dry your tears and make you "So wet" with the passion you deserve.

-Your Secret Admirer

HarryHillHarryHillover 10 years ago
I like what you've done

just not so sure I like the way you did it.

todski28todski28over 10 years ago
I agree with Harry here

I think if you take out the word so it may read better?

Having as the title so wet gives the impression from the start. Just my opinion however.

Robbin_YoungRobbin_Youngover 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your kind advice regarding my poem.

After "So wet" was published, I realized the word "So" looked out of place. When I read your comments, I knew that I was correct. I didn't realize I was allowed to edit, after submission, until I did a search in the FAQ section. I've now submitted a request to delete the word "So" in the title, and the poem...thus, my poem will soon be called, Wet.

Thank you, again, for your kind advice!

Love,

Robbin

xoxo

StoriestStoriestover 10 years ago
Favorite poem I've read in a while

I like the word "so" included.

Without "so", the poem comes out a little disembodied, with less personality, letting the imagery speak more. With the word "so", it sounds like an actual person experienced these things, like wet affected someone's life over and over again. Right now, I think I like the latter better than the former.

todski28todski28over 10 years ago
To Robin Young

This is all just my opinion "so" I hope you aren't changing without serious thought on it. It is your piece, I was just putting fourth an opinion

TO Storiest

I considered that before I posted but for me the read was putting emphasis on the word so, which is a subjective amount. Wet by itself is also a subjective amount so the repetition is emphasising the central theme of the poem "wet"

As idea for casement it could have been so wet in the final stanza again this is all opinion. No ones words are gospel! especially mine.

Robbin_YoungRobbin_Youngover 10 years agoAuthor
I'm "So" confused! ;-)

I did edit and re-submit my poem, without the word "So." Even before there were comments about possibly deleting the word, I'd thought the same thing. In all actuality, I never say "So" because I'm a bit overly dramatic (lol) and always write...sooo. But now I'm sooo confused and wondering if I should leave the "So" deleted, re-add "So" back into my poem, or add the word "Sooo" in it's place.

I don't usually ask for advice, but truly...I'm "So" confused, that your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance!

Robbin

xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
VERY wet

Love the emotion you share.

Robbin_YoungRobbin_Youngover 10 years agoAuthor
???

Several of my poems have an 'H' next to them, including this one. Does anyone know what that symbol means?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous