All Comments on 'The Last Wave Goodbye'

by slyc_willie

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Beautifully written, but a hellava way to end a romantic story. One of the best stories I've read in a long time on this WEBsite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It Is Very, Very Seldom

that we get true tragedy in a classical sense on this site, but you have introduced us to it in this story. Thank you for a fine piece of writing!

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
You are an amazing storyteller.

This one will haunt me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
beautiful and brutal

I can almost smell the sea air. Very well told and I love that you have this under romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
depressing

What a terrible thing yo do to Nina.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
sad

hated the ending., being some what depressed myself, I knew where this

tale was going. Doctors know I am sick but after years of testing all they

say is that I am full of abnormal cells. good tale sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excelent Writing, hate the ending

The title of the comment says it all

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed your story. It deserves a sequel... and life, renewed love and happiness once again... after all this is a romance.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice story, articulately told

Without the sad ending it would have been a 5, but that's just my preference; life is sad enough already.

Nemo18Nemo18over 10 years ago
Good story, sad ending

Good writing, I was hoping Nina would help him keep going

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank God for Nina

I think it all became clear with two comments, He said " I'll be with my mother soon", and the fore shadowing about he sailors passing by.

I really enjoyed this, and fully understood his desire for peace, however sad.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
well written!

Excellent novella! I was truly impressed with the quality of artistic writing.

Would have preferred a happier ending though.

Overall. .. 2 thumbs up! :-)

extemporeextemporeover 10 years ago
Wonderful story!

As a parent, the thought of a visit or phone call with such tragice news can flit across your mind. The idea of carrying on beyond the loss of a family seems impossible; and this story has illustrated that so artfully.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sigh!

I am unable to push the sadness away - what a tragic (and well-written) story.

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
Excellent,But...

Sorry but there are enough disappointments in life without having a "high",which this story was providing beautifully, fall through the floor to become a bummer of the LOWest order.

Come on! The guy finally finds a second chance for love only to step off a cliff,or in this case,a sandbar and pass into the vast abyss?!

Such a well-written, beautifully conveyed tale ending horribly. A 5+ dropped to a 4 rating due to such an unhappy ending. Can't fiction provide a little joy,so often unaccounted for in real life?

Sincerely though,you did a masterful job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well written, but

in the end, he was a wimp. Fate, God, or the universe showed him there was a second chance at happiness, and he decides to piss all over it ?

A fine story, I understand the main character's pain. But suicide remains a permanent solution for an impatient person, to a temporary problem.

I was a widower at 23, with a 3-year old daughter. I thought that sucked worse than anything. I was wrong. Three years later, my little angel was diagnosed with AMMoL and went so fast the doctors couldn't believe it. THAT sucked.

Spent some time in a bottle, considered "going out beyond the sand bar" but I just didn't give a shit enough. Plus my (estranged) parents were still alive, I didn't hate them enough to put them through that. No parent should ever outlive their child. I wish God had given me that clear a sign, I'd have clung to it like a life-raft. But what he gave me was time. Which, if you're not standing still, makes a difference, albeit slowly.

Thirty-something years later, new family, two grown kids, second wife and I will celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary in a couple months.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
My wife died two years ago

And I still miss her everyday. Awesome story slyc_willie! To the previous commenter, it depends on your age. You were 23, while certainly painful, it should be normal to start over with so much of your life ahead of you. I was 45, we had 23 years of loving memories. Everything in the USA, South America, and Europe reminded me of her. I was a ghost walking the Earth for a year. I had to move to Thailand to start over. Here everything is so alien it is a clean slate. I teach English and work with local Thai people. I have a beautiful and loving new girlfriend. She and her mom run a restaurant in the local market. Her dad was a Buddist monk for 3 years, but now he drives a bus. About once a month we go fishing and drink Blend 285 whiskey. I've taught him to scuba dive. It is a good life. The ocean water here is clear and full of fish. Even so, I still have overwhelming grief for a few minutes about once a month when I remember the good times that are gone. If my wife had died at 60, I'd probably punch my ticket. Who knows, we all have to walk our own path. These bodies are just meat rentals.

Thank you again to the author for an original and challenging story. Cheers >=)

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

sad ending but maybe understandable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sad and anger inducing... He had a chance at a new love and he couldn't take it. I know where he's coming from but he dishonors their memories by ending his life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous