All Comments on 'One-Way Pendulum'

by potsherd22

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Silly and Funny***

Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

This could be in the "How To' category. How to get a prude wife to open up sexually. Of course she has to have a slut aunt.

Great tale.

Carry on.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

Another good story.

Thank you

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
That was Original

Every man dreads these words "Honey love, we need to talk". I'm thinking oh hell here we go again. Then the ending. Laughed my ass off. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good read!

I like unconventional stories, especially when the couple learns that they had everything they ever needed all along!

Lord_GroLord_Groover 10 years ago
Oh, I rather liked this one.

Taking an old theme, standing it on its head, and doing something new with it is always a good idea.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Great little tale

Your writings pose is alittle above me so I had to read up to your stories needed the dictionary twice LOL :) very enjoyable thanks for the change of pace in my favourite and only read section LW

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story!

I enjoyed your story. I loved your play on words and your intelligent ways of expressing them. Please keep writing. Thank you for the great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks!

I think this was much better than your last. I really liked the twist at the end, that the couple they seek to swing with goes off together and the original married couple is "stuck" with each other. It reads as if she has learned that SHE needs to open up and be less prudish in bed, and that will be enough to improve their lovemaking. Being a "dumb 'merican", is IS like being immersed in a different culture reading a work like yours. The flowery language in this one WAS well executed, and transported (at least this reader) me someplace else. I think you achieved your goals with this pleasant flash story. It was well crafted, with a decent lesson, and even a dynamic change for the characters. Bravo!

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Great Story

He got lucky and perhaps will get luckier. He really has the right idea.

I was wondering if she was letting him come in her? It began to sound as if there might be a problem with the mechanics of the deal!

ace4869ace4869over 10 years ago
Really good tale

I liked this story very much. The British dialect was a little confusing at times but still understandable. Thanks.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

when it works its fantastic if not Katy Bar The Door, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story.

And obviously from my neck of the woods - Leicestershire. I'l take a guess at the name of the pub as being the "Hope and Anchor" on the Soar/canal just outside Syston.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

its the hope and anchor syston

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

And very original. Thanks. 5*****

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
LOL

5***** You forgot.........There was the third chance in the air. She could become a cheater...............However the main charcter was lucky.

TXanyTXanyover 10 years ago
A real pleasure

It was as much fun to read as, apparantly you had writing!

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 10 years ago
Just lovely.

Thank you.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
For once I am

lost for words. Keep writing. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

The dude is a pathetic cunt. Clearly she's cluelessly naive about how to handle her marriage, and he even knows what her problem is and that she's willing to fix it. Yet he doesn't have the balls to say anything to her?

Shit like this is why marriages break.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Amusing and clever story

I would say that this couple each out-smarted each other. Story made for a good read.

oldwayneoldwayneover 10 years ago
I believe "brain-dead faggot" may be a bit extreme, but...

I didn't like the story very much at all. Sorry 'bout that!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Unresolved problem

She gets along well with her Aunt, but still attends to her Mommy as well! I see nothing in here that reduces Sweetie's link to her Mother's teachings! She will be tentative and conflicted until (unless) she re-evaluates those negative attitudes! If she DOES change her behavior AND allows herself to enjoy those sensations, she may get on the right track! However, those are both problematic! Best wishes for them (in their little digital love nest!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One Way Pendulum

Sweet story and nicely told!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5*

Refreshing and clever.

Being a flash story it was never meant to be meticulous, so addressing the "mother - daughter frigidity induced by religious upbringing" aspect was unnecessary. Think about it, Gwen's familiy's relationship with the libertine aunt was tenuous so for Gwen to confide in her proved she had an independent streak which couldn't be constrained by her mother...

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

two words

fucking stupid

1/5

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Nice story

Good story, great to see this not turn into BTB. Reminded me of the 1979 song Escape- the piña coloda song. 4*

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Very clever. Very funny.

When you start throwing around words like atavistic, codswallop and meduck, I feel like I'm back in English 101. But over all, this was a clever and entertaining tale about a married couple seemingly suffering from the doldrums. Well played.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 *****

I really liked it. By the way, Carole was a much better fuck than Gwen, though Gwen had the tighter pussy. And she did orgasm for me.

Thanks for writing my story

Frank

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
It's a good thing

he overheard the conversation.

Best of all outcomes? They have an affair with each other.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
What's not to like?

Superb, light hearted humor, excellent word play. As to the sex loving aunt, nothing wrong with that, and for the reader to refer to her as slutty is to misuse the adjective. Love a fathfull wife that loves sex!

Well DOne

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nicely done

Funny, light hearted repartee. Clever dialogue. Good ending.

Cassy16Cassy16almost 9 years ago
Well done

I sure appreciate your stories, and wish I could put pen to paper as you can.

Thank you for sharing.

Tony NZ

kdcee79kdcee79almost 9 years ago
Great work

Very well written & told; the Yanks are far better at slap stick writing, but for classy tongue in check dialogue you can't go pass the Poms. Short, to the point & oh so sweet. 5 big *****

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
TOO MANY UN-HEP VERSES

spoil the mates. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Nice

As the expression goes, Alls well that ends well. Great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Award Deserved

The first Lit writer to use the word Desultory :))

And probably the first to use Reticent correctly.

Well done, Mate!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Cute story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

What utter BS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
C ute but really.....

Just closet cuck posturing. In reality if a wife was as prudish and anti sexual as her. Her husband would have to be the same to even tolerate it. Any husband that is as sexually experienced as you define Harry. Would have pressed the issue years before or would have walked. Any man who could even contemplate opening their marriage to make it more exciting is better off not getting married in the first place. At least be honest enough to live single than to get married and ruin both lives.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
A ONE WAY PENDULUM

sounds like a vicious circle with no control or stoppage, TK U MLJ LV NV

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Really quite lovely...

...and a little silly. It was fun to read a story about a truly loving wife.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good story

A lot of big words, but I think I got the gist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good read

I enjoyed it. Flowed along nicely and I could picture the characters. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander is always the answer to "I want to try someone else."

Well done thank you. Marie.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 5 years ago
Good bit of fun

Really enjoyed this light hearted what's-good-for-the-goose-and-gander tale, with a sweet outcome.

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Cute concept but poor execution

I enjoyed the initial idea behind this story but Harry's attitude completely ruined it. It was a cute notion, the husband overhearing that his wife was feeling neglected and was opening up to the idea of being more adventurous in their lovemaking. If he'd teased her a bit then quit and chose to give her an education in sex, then it would have been fine. Instead we're subjected to this incredibly distasteful, amazingly selfish thought process wherein he thinks to himself that it's just fine and dandy if some other asshole fucks his wife and teaches her how to be a better lover since she'll eventually come back to him and he'll benefit. If you're wondering why anonymous commenters call you interesting names like "Brit cuck," these are the types of ideas that cause it.

No, they never actually swapped partners but it certainly wasn't from lack of trying. Simply put, Harry is a selfish prick who doesn't give a shit about his wife so long as he ends up having decent sex again. His poor wife loves and misses his physical presence and wants to make things better. She wants to have his baby and misses the passion and sexual attraction he used to display towards her. Completely understandable desires and ones he should have been overjoyed to hear her express. So, rather than, oh, I dunno... COMMUNICATING with her, he decides to play fucking head games to "teach her a lesson" and doesn't care if it blows up in his face so long as he gets his dick wet. Would have served this asshole right if Gwen HAD fucked another guy and been so blown away by the experience that she left Harry for him.

I imagine this story was meant to be amusing but it's never funny to see a guy who couldn't give a shit about the woman he married and that's what this story's about. The most emotion this guy gave towards his wife was that he "devoutly hoped" agreeing to fuck other people wouldn't lead to a divorce but maybe that would be OK. I didn't laugh at this story or find it cute. I felt sad that Gwen was wasting her love on a selfish prick who could take or leave her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Stopped Reading at "Blessed Woody Allen"

The category listed is "Loving Wives", not "Humor and Satire"! Any serious or even semi-serious story considering that bum as "Blessed", would get a negative infinity of stars as my rating.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Good one

Another funny loving wife story. Never get too many.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Ok

If other outcome and you don't care about fidelity good luck

3 stars

You wrote

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Not bad, not bad at all.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Blessed Woody!

To Anonymous...

Note when we Brits talk about the Blessed Woody Allen its because we think he's a pillock!

Its called irony. Ok?

jimjam69jimjam69over 2 years ago

Have to say a bit disappointed. Surely a better way to get where they want.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

A very interesting premise. I would have enjoyed to see if this actually moved their relationship to a better place. Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nah, that he was ok with her possible infidelity ruined it.

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

Not bad, but hard to read since it was in English instead of American LOL

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

LOL, another "talk" derailed

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I love that one of your comments couldnt read it because it was english. Sad reflection in the american education system

GlancerGlancer19 days ago

Brilliant - and I could hear their accent!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous