All Comments on 'F3 Anything for Iris'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
blackwatereagleblackwatereagleover 10 years ago
One of the best

writers on Lit, I'll bet. please let me know when it's over. I loved the new invention and all that is going on with it. Just don 't make it turn out bad. I will be very pissed off.

They have worked so hard it seems, to let it slip away, both the invention and what seems to heading to a loving swap along the way. The love on both sides seems to be very strong.

When can I (we) expect the next part?

The EAGLE gives it two talons up...." "

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Incomplete for a contest

I know it's acknowledged off the top that there is no ending because this continues, but this is a comparison contest of stories, so I can't see giving something with no ending a high mark in a contest. Beyond that, I guess I shouldn't have been sucked into reading this one first in this contest. As well as this being the first listed, I was drawn by the first comment on it. I guess my expectations were too high. The writing is good, although I was put off by the use of numerals and the percentage symbol, which isn't the formatting for fiction. But, while the writing was good, I thought it was bloated. Too much of everything, so that I found myself scanning. The sex scenes didn't integrate well with the plot for me, and I didn't get the sense of location that connected well with the image, which I would think would be an important element to this. Was this story already written and just dropped into this contest with a bit of a rewrite to the image? Enjoyed the story but not that much as an entry in this contest. Hoping for more connection to the theme when reading the rest.

SecondCircleSecondCircleover 10 years ago
Great FAWCing Job

I enjoyed this one a lot. There's a lot going on here and a lot more that will remain unknown for the contest, being as it's not the complete story.

An incomplete tale so far, yes, but didn't totally leave me out to dry. Firstly, I do think that the theme of the contest (tha pic) was demonstrated well with this story. The descriptions were hidden away in the characters' interactions with the scene, and I had absolutely no trouble finding myself there, even in 20° weather. Not to mention the whole plot and scheme revolves around them being at that resort. Well done with theme.

You handled POV as smoothly as I've seen. I had no trouble easing back and forth between the characters' perspectives, and you utilized several techniques to do it. That's something notable I cannot ignore. Great job.

Your characters themselves were very good. Right off the bat I felt I knew their relationship with one another, without even knowing who the hell they really were. Dialogue between the two was believable and captured my interest at every word. The main characters' complex relationship/ partnership made for some very interesting tension and development, as in I liked watching them grow from attracting opposites that balanced one another to two that needed one another in many ways. It was a push and pull that I think took center stage of the tale.

I liked the mystery and suspense you built with Iris, and the yet unknown "true" reason that brought them to stalk the older couple. Much can be assumed, and though I won't get all the answers in this contest, I find that I may actually want to seek out the next chapters to read on and sate my curiosity. Because of this, the way you built mystery and suspense while spotlighting this erotic coupling, your entry isn't actually harmed by not having the ending in the contest in my opinion. Quite the contrary.

And the sex. A few bits of dialogue during the "exhibitions" made me cringe here and there, but that's probably because I don't like a lotta dirty talk in the stories I read. Still, the sex was hot and very vivid. Each time it conveyed eroticism and (again) tension. It was a good payoff I thought. And it was sex, not intercourse. You didn't just list bland play by play actions of what they did, you caught every moment's trembling breath and hot flash. Great "fucking" job with that.

I did start off kind of "meh" at the opening. It did little to hook me, though I pressed on for the sake of the contest. Though a bit bland to begin, you did raise several questions I wanted answers to, so it wasn't all bad for me.

Overall, it was a really great story. It is a bit sad that I won't be able to learn what happens with Iris and the rest of the story (I'll be reading other entries) but what was presented was a very rich read. Great job and good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Aggravating.

Slow starting, then it builds nicely. It's clear that the opening scene is the exact moment in the picture, him reading, her swimming. Too bad it take a half page to get anywhere.

If you stick around it is worth it. "Iris" is interesting, and the details were thought provoking. The relationship between the two main characters was fun, with a lot of give and take, and the slow, perhaps unintentional seduction. There's a lot of build-up, and we see the beginning of a careful desperate plan coming together.

I don't like perfect characters, which made Sierra a delight. Cam was a little too cliched, as was the Deveraux man. The wife Janine seemed like another interesting woman. Those two carry the story. They drive the sex scenes which were excellent.

This is obviously just the beginning, with so many plot threads unfulfilled. The good thing is I want to know more. I'm eager to learn the rest. I'm wondering how the guy gets the girl, and how the two couples work out. Sadly, it looks like I'll have to wait.

It does seem to slow down in a few places with needless detail, but I wonder if it's part of the bigger story, or just rambling. The first three pages are clean, but numerous errors in the last page and a half are distracting.

Nice detailed setting, engaging women characters, complex plot, decent dialog, hot sex. It's a great start of a story. I only wish there was more.

TxRadTxRadover 10 years ago
Very well written

Not being complete story is the only drawback I can see. Even so it is a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Not hard to figure out who the brilliant author of this one is. Nice job, TXTallTales! Hope you're close with Part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love it.

I love this story so far. I hope we dont have to wait to long for the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice Work!

It measures up to the rest of your work I've read most all of what you have here.And enjoy it a lot!

A continuance in the story?

Dave

Dwstudy@excite.com

kl7smckl7smcover 10 years ago
Great start

Really enjoyed the story so far. However, it is obviously

only a start. I really hope you will continue this story

and let us see how it plays out.

Please don't abandon it as a one-off.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Thanks, Bob T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Delicious

Terrific author, can't-put-down story and fascinating characters. And I was fit to chew nails when you ended it there. C'mon ... Please get the sequel posted before my BP climbs into the danger zone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Awesome story!

I can't wait to read the next story- this one has definitely been the best one I've read so far. Please stop keeping me on the edge of my chair and finish the story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A Bittersweet Adieu

Truly enjoyed this when I first read it in April 2013 and made a notation to remind myself to follow it to completion. Now, 17 months later, I suspect this is as complete as it's going to get, so I will strike it from my list. Given how I felt about this story then and after my re-read today, it would be unfair to let my disappointment at the hanging conclusion shape my rating number, so I simply won't pick a star. In the end, the only one who has to be satisfied with the work is the author.

Argonaut_1975Argonaut_1975over 9 years ago
A great beginning

As others have said, a great beginning. It's a pity that this seems to be as far as it got.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
great start

But now sadly abandoned?

I hate when a good writer does that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just another unfinished piece of trash

That the author couldn't be bothered to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Morons.

Half the fun of short stories is the lack of an ending. Enjoy the ride you fools. The Author gave you as much as he wanted you to have. This is his story, not yours.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Not abandoned, Not unfinished

This story was part of FAWC 3, a friendly challenge between writers, done anonymously. This particular challenge had strict parameters within which the writer was required to remain. I think the story was delightful. It was one huge tease.

As noted by the author in the introduction to the story: (Inspiration for this and all FAWC 3 stories was taken from a single picture . . )

(The tags for this story are FAWC, Exhibitionist, Voyeur, Role play, Diving, Island, Spying, Vacation, Resort, Business)

It included elements of all the required Tags and was spot on.

If you are curious, do a search on F3 and read the other entries in the challenge. It might surprise you how different they all are.

btw, I too am curious what happened the next day(s) perhaps we should lobby TTT to let us know, now that the contest period has ended.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
part one of three

From the top of the first page:

"This is an introduction to the story of Cam, Sierra and Iris. It's part one of three, so there's no conclusion here."

This is an abandoned story.

Very nearly two years later.

The writers name has been revealed.

The contest is over, but still no conclusion.

A real pity as it is one of the more interesting story starts on here.

Why have a part one of three if there will not be part two or part three?

lihplihpover 7 years ago
A great romance

I've read this story a few times and it never loses it's appeal. It's just a great shame that there isn't a continuation (at least that I've been able to find).

Phil

OtakkunOtakkunabout 7 years ago
Not finishing this is just evil.

Well, I'm dissapointed about this story having ended there. I hope you find it in your heart to write a complete series on this one.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Come back to this one!

Come on, TTT. You have GOT to come back and turn this into a series. I enjoy your talented story telling, and the framework you built around the given inspiration is phenomenal. I haven't seen anymore contests like these, and frankly I can't picture you NOT winning this one.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 6 years ago
Please do continue ...

Such a fun story and great characters.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
Help needed

Where can I find the rest of the chain for these stories?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Come back. This is too good to let languish.

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 2 years ago

I just f—-king love this one please write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

do not like or expect to start and read an open or unfinished story..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

More, need more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good writing but too many stories unfinished! T.x Tall Tales needs a slap upside his head!!!

Newt0351Newt0351about 1 month ago

Where is the rest. Something must have happened to TTT.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20410 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).