All Comments on 'Holiday Traditions'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Good story. And ideally, this would be the course of things. This situation arises frequently IRL. Companionship really helps the enjoyment of life, especially when most of your life is in the rear-view mirror...

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 10 years ago
Conflicted

Not sure what to think, and I wonder if that was your intention. It's a well-written story about an asshole who deserves to be unhappy and alone. I found myself wondering what Dorothy would see in this dick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Story

I thought it was a good story about how even after you get old you can have a second chance at love and life. Just because your spouse dies, life does carry on and no one should have to be lonely for the rest of their lives. Sure he made some mistakes as a young guy, but he spent 25 years making it up to his wife. He deserves to be forgiven and carry on.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Sidney43Sidney43over 10 years ago

Good story and very realistic, as sisters can be very close and share almost everything. After the death of a life partner, some choose to live alone, but many find a companion where sex is not the primary driving force.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

After the death of his wife he was lucky to fall for her sister even though she knew he was a cheating prick. Oh well, in fiction anything is possible.

DrallDrallover 10 years ago
Lovely!

A fine holiday story! Thank you(as always)!

Jim44444Jim44444over 10 years ago
Very good story.

And I agree, older women can be every bit as beautiful as younger ones plus they have life experience.

OralGoodnessOralGoodnessover 10 years ago
Al Man After My Own Heart...

;o) Hi DG Hear. Your story tells the truth about the essence of finding love the second time around. You can't read or fine relationships today that conveys that chivalry is not dead. Thank you for allowing me to fall in love with your male character for this short period of time.

ThistlethornThistlethornover 10 years ago

A very nice story. The cheating does complicate the character but at the same time humanizes him. I also like seeing a story with older characters.

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Merry (Mary?) Christmas

A nice little story. A lot of little side-tracks; hard to cover a lifetime together in 2 Lit pages. Seemed to have elements of perhaps 4 or more common LW storylines sprinkled in here and there. You could almost do a series of several short stories with the main characters as the common element, each from a different aspect of the relationship. Just a thought. You developed just enough depth of character for each of them to hold my interest and care about them, at least a little.

I gave it a 4*.

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
Fine tale about a marriage with ups and downs, but on net a good one.

Really enjoyed the story. Marriages have good times and challenges. But as with many long relationships, this one seemed rewarding. Husband supported his wife when illness pulled her down, and she urged her sister to connect with him, knowing he needed a strong lady companion and that she was already emotionally connected to him. Thank you, DG Hear. Dan

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Life is a journey after all

Lot's of things to see and be distracted by on the way - some are serious mistakes - some fun diversions - some just dumb luck -

The bastard got lucky - but paid for it before it happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent love story. I also loved the love story #2. It sound so real and it involves older people and every body will eventually reach that point and realize that there is hope for repeat love.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Marrying the sibling of a spouse used to be very common. In fact it’s mentioned several times in the Bible, both “romantically “ and as a duty to care for the family of your brother.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

Well written story, very sad that he had strayed, and she never forgave him till the very end. As sad a story as it was it had a somewhat happy ending with him getting together with his wife's sister. 5/5

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Predictable

A very predictable story,plus the grammar needs revisiting.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you DG, 5 STARS

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

GREAT. Like all your Non=erotic and Romances. They are really the best.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5703 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...