All Comments on 'What Every Man Wants'

by almost

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
knee slapper!

I have never laughed harder in my entire life!!! The material is unbelieveable!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
All Hail!! The nude Garbage Girl

Tell it like is baby! We like foreplay too!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
haha

agree with the previous, this is hilarious! is this woman serious?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Hilarious!

So your saying if I'm really sweet, don't nag, dress sexy, I'll get to go to Europe?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Better late than never...!

It's easy for most women, your sexual revolution was nearly 30 years ago and almost every man alive is at least now aware of what he should really be doing.

But for us men, nothing changed, except you got more demanding...!

ALMOST has a very good point, and unless you realise that the best men out there, the adventurers, the playboys, the ones with drive and ambition will all agree with her, all you will ever get is second place.

Two simple questions...

How often to you think a man likes real foreplay?

(ie:exactly the same things you like)

And how often do you think he ever gets it?

(when most of your thoughts are about your own pleasure)

I realise this is entirely the wrong forum for a discusion like this, as simply by being on this site you are showing a willingness to explore, however, 99% of all your sisters out there have no idea at all and until more people stand up and tell them, their men will remain in the dark ages.

SweetAlizsaSweetAlizsaalmost 20 years ago
What about....

What about men that work a lot, and come home to whine about how tired they are? Mine does. I take care of the baby, I keep the house clean, and I have dinner and a beer ready for him when he gets home! He's got a HOT little nympho, but he's the one whining about how tired HE is!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
It does work, i've been doing it for years.

Personally I think it's true. When I find someone that I like who likes me I treat them the way I want to be treated. The ladies have to think about it and I am one. If I want to be placed on that pedostal you need to place them up on one too. Whats wrong with taking the time to go the extra mile to show them that they are specail even tell them. Why hide? Why busy yourself with other things almost in a sence trying to avoid him? It's already been a proven fact that relationships go sour because they don't focus on each other, fulfilling each others needs, wants, and spending time with each other the way that they use to. Instead they are off working against each other.

If you want something to work you have to give it the time it needs. You make time to see your friends and spend time with them, you make time for your kids, certianly you can make time for you and your significant other. It's all about time management. And who doesn't like to know that the person who they love and care about thinks of them to be one of the most, if not the most important person in there life?

It's common sense if you wanted to be treated like a Queen through out the whole relationship, you have to treat him as your King.

And I've done this for years... I actually watched women and picked up on all the annoying things that they can do and how the men react and by not doing them I've had excellent results from it. It's almost like a new candy that they just need to try if you want to think of it that way. I haven't gone on any trips but I've always been treated the same if not even better for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
I am a divorced man...

And I can tell you, that I left my wife for the reasons described here. I would not want to be home anymore. Yeah, she cooked some food and kept the house clean, but that's not what I need. She was never happy to see me, I was ALWAYS wrong, she gave me orders, then complained...

Why would I keep her around? For the sake of "family"? and "to do the right thing"?

I got out before we got kids, and I'm happy I did that. Thsoe of you who think the article is hilarious, should try the advice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
She's right on!

Women, take notice if you want a good man!

We want someone who's unselfish, and cares about our needs, wants, and desires, just like we care about hers.

If you want a good man, find someone who wants to please you, and then put your effort into pleasing him!

LOVE gives. Selfishness Takes.

Enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
It Works For ME

I have to say she's right. Not every man will fit this mold, but most do. It works for me, and I've learned that men do open up and become the loving saps that we always dreamed they'd be, if we're willing to give them what they need in return. And it's not all about nude garbage girls, but if that's what he responds to... it can't hurt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Is everything to give ok?

He wants me to show myself to others in the nude and he has told me that his fantasy is for me to be taken by another man.... How can I please him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
I think you're being a bit sexist

I agree that, of course, it's important to care about what men want--it's important to care about what *everyone* wants, regardless of gender.

But part of your article makes it seem like it's up to the woman to live up to society's standards of what an "entertaining" woman should be. Like there's some kind of justification for someone to cheat on someone else. If someone is going to cheat, s/he should never have entered a committed relationship to begin with--saying that one's spouse--man *or* woman--is now 'boring' or doesn't live up to the media's ridiculous standards of what someone of a certain gender should be like, is *not* a justification for cheating on that person.

CroctdenCroctdenalmost 20 years ago
Well writen, but...

This was a good read (just from the sense of writing style), and there is some truth to what you are saying, but I think there is fundamental flaw with this piece - it assumes all men are exactly the same.

I'm a guy and I've talked to my guy friends, and you know what? We don't all have the same tastes. Your recommended tactics would work well on some guys, but fall flat on others. I suppose an argument can be made your tricks will attract the type of guy you like - you've figured how to meet your type of man, but it my not be another girl's type. Unless all woman are exactly the same and I missed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Tremendous.

I have this essay of yours BOOKMARKED and it's still one of the most honest, hard-to-hear, true and helpful things I've read. Thank you so so much. --A Woman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Jesus Christ!

Do you actually believe this...mess, that you wrote? What the hell is wrong with being a strong woman? I take damn good care of my man, always have, but this is ridiculous. Yes, you may get what you're after right now...what about when you're older and don't have the attributes you claim now? Travel to exotic places is all good and well, but I'll stay home, thank you, and know that I'm loved for who I am, not some play-act I put on to "catch" someone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
yeah no shit

sorry some of this crap is right on but my guy is a whiney ass who works all day while i take care of my son as soon as he gets home i go to work when i get home the only thing done for me is more mess.. anytime im not in the mood he is when i am hes too tired. screw it.. ladies we have internet access to a wide variety of things.. not to mention mn who WILL take care of our needs when our man cant.. sure i feel bad about it but you know what. my side is amazing in bed and a gret guy. my boyfriend altho he is kind of a slug is a nice guy the porblems is im more of a man than he is nd he dosent try anything new. the guy i see occasionally is willing to try different things and knows how to please me without me having to tell him.. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
;)

Anyone who thought your article hilarious or stupid is a moron. I will not try to convince them of the fact, as they will know when the time comes and they die alone, but there it is.

While your opinions are not compatible with some men and women, which, as there are quite a lot of people in the world, is a small percentage but a large number, I believe it is true for many if not most of them. I, for one, being a young man, found your words insightful and true, even with my lack of experience, simply by recalling those young women I have normal, day-to-day contact with, and their attitudes towards men in general. You are, as I said in another post, a genius. Hats off, fellas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
this answers much..

If this is what men want, I certainly did not get the memo. I want three things : honesty, sincerity, and genuine caring. But then again, with a list like that, its probably why I am single. As a man , however, I do notice one thing. You seem to dote on the word "men" instead of "man" and "they take me" and "they love me" ......I am thinking this is more than one man. boy, thats alot of love to spread around. I think you might be mistaken. Let me see if I can give you some "under the table" advice from the other side.

See, what you are reaping the rewards of is men wanting "pussy", which draws shallow and wealthy men like Crack does to Crips. Any man who will leave his wife at a PTA ( you did know this means PARENT TEACHER ASSOSIATION?)meeting to take you to Mexico desrves the STD's he will eventualy find with you. Men want to be treated like who we are, the way you treated us when we met. Oh yes, and for you to not take off to Mexico with some other guy. Keep yer passport handy babe, youll need it to milk some more "love" from your suitors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
He is right about a lot of thing

I think what he said about admiration is true. men likes to be admired more than woman, and they probably get it less than women do, so they tend to want it more. And I think a lot of things go for both gender.......

cmpmcmpmover 19 years ago
I'm impressed

Reading this story and looking back over the almost 17 years I was married I saw a lot of the problems in my marriage in this story. This story is the first time I have ever heard a woman talk and be honest about what men like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
not perfect, but well done

very well written article, highlighting many things which are important to us men. that said, seinfeld said it best by stating that all of us men invision ourselves as minor superheroes. what we want is for a woman to indulge us in that. we spend so much time and energy in between working 12 hours a day, taking care of the kids, coaching little league, painting the house, fixing the car, repairing the toilet, mowing the lawn, to say nothing of trying our damndest to make you ladies happy in bed, and all we really want in return is to be treated as the king of the castle for few moments that we arent trying to do things for you. we all know that women need compliments and hence we dole them out gratuitously, but would it be so hard to tell us what a great job we did refinishing the bathroom, or how much better the car runs after we replaced the fuel filter, or how nice it is being able to pay the bills so that we can turn the lights and the shower on at the same time? men are competitive by nature, call it the bigger dick complex if you feel the need, just dont minimize how important it is to us. we need to know that we are appreciated and respected for the things that we do and the people that we are. my father's wisest words to me were that you need to believe that youre the best, otherwise nobody will. all we ask is the occasional reinforcement of that belief. we try to very hard right by you, it wouldnt kill you to take the time to let us know that we actually are appreciated. thanks for your time -Craig PS itd also be really nice if the kids would acknowledge us occasionally too, but im trying to be at least semi-plausible here

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
simplicity of truth stings

26, i am sad that I didn't know to think of these things.. grateful to have some honesty and insight now..but it stings to know now how simple and real the needs of my man are. I can give these things. I want these things too. go figure.. the more i scolded about my unmet needs, the more he pushed away..the more i felt alienated and lonely and unsexed so i scolded...duh..if i would have given what i wanted (and what i define as slutty nurturing naughtiness) the more fulfilled and content my man=the more smilin sexy funtime lovin good times...man, i feel like a bitch

AsceticAsceticabout 19 years ago
Common sense

Of course some of this won't work on every guy, (speaking as an oddball man I know). But If you think parroting will solve everything, that's not her fault. The basics of this brilliant, marvelous piece is common sense.

Why would someone who is treated as an afterthought treat you much better?

"Men need to be honored, women need to be loved" (I forget where I heard that...)

Give love freely to everyone.

Make people who are important to you a priority. MAKE the time.

Ps. I've read all your works, at least 3 times each. I thank you for enlightening the masses.

AnonymousCriticAnonymousCriticabout 19 years ago
We don't all want the same thing

Both to Almost and the poster who said treat him like you want to be treated. That last is dead wrong. Treat him like HE wants to be treated.

If you would love a piece of jewelery as a gift, don't give him jewelery. Figure out what he wants and give that. For her last birthday I sent roses to a meeting she was attending. I did it because it's what she wants. I don't like the idea of killing living things so they can be around a few days before becoming trash or compost. But why would I give her what I want? That's a lousy gift. I give what SHE wants. If she gives me roses, it's a lousy gift. It means she wasn't thinking of me, but herself. Figure out his currency. You can see what he enjoys and appreciates. If all else fails, here is the tricky part, ask him.

This doesn't just apply to gifts. Just because you want to be treated in a certain way doesn't mean that he wants the same thing. He may not understand this principle and may not give you what you want. Just because he's too dense to get that doesn't mean you have to be. But even if he isn't tuned in to what you want doesn't mean he isn't trying. And if he is trying, you may be able to train him to understand your currency. If he takes your car for an oil change so you won't have to, if he buys lettuce because he knows you're going to want a salad and that's a trip you won't have to make, it may not be your currency but if you don't let him know you appreciate it, he'll eventually stop doing it. Why go out of his way if you don't (as far as he can tell) care?

He loves to watch Sunday Night Football but you only have one TV. If that's his currency, tape Desperate Housewives and watch another time.

Another example, for most men clothing is not a gift. It's what you get us so YOU'll be happier with how we look. Getting clothing for a woman is a gift (though his taste may make you wish he hadn't done it), getting men clothing is a gift for you in the guise of a gift for him.

My wife gave me the birthday gift of not complaining when I watch baseball. The result: I watched much less baseball.

If the way he wants to be treated is the way you want to be treated, great. More likely than not, one size does not fit all.

And any man who will an honest answer, let alone any answer at all, when you ask how big you ass is or how it looks, is too stupid to have a relationship with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Yeah, right…

"it’s not looks or weight, or height or make up,"

You are so clueless I can't believe it. Obesity is a real turn off. So is somebody who looks like Elephant Man. Don't stick us with this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Damn fuckin' right!

Ya know what, it DOESN'T matter about looks, height, weight, or anything like that. All that matters is whether or not you love each other! All the other half wants is some love once in a while! For heaven's sake, there's more to life than chores, TV, the kids, and having headaches!

And you know what, its true that if you don't consider your other half, he or she WILL cheat! And its not his or her fault, its YOUR fault! So instead of saying "Get off me, I'm tired!" try not to be so fucking tired then! And stop making fucking excuses! Sex is fucking awesome, and if you can't realize that, then you're frigid. Sure, I may be a nymphomaniac, but surely sex is something people OTHER than nymphs can enjoy!! The one thing a complaining wife needs is a good fuck! So fucking fuck her! If she says no at first, persist, and MAKE her feel horny! Then she'll submit!

Sorry, but I'm just fucking pissed off with the way all those complaining bitchy wives are ruining Marriage's reputation. No wonder there are so many divorces! If those wives would just stop arguing, complaining, and repeatedly not putting out, then of COURSE the husband will cheat and want someone to make him feel loved and honored! You Complainer Wives out there, you are nothing but selfish. Its all about You You You. "I'M too tired!" "I'M not in the mood!" WELL SO FUCKING WHAT!!!? YOU HAVE TO FUCKING GIVE A LITTLE YA KNOW!! ITS NOT JUST ABOUT YOU IN THIS LIFE!!! Sure, everyone's out for number one, but are you people REALLY that coldhearted to give the cold shoulder to your husband or boyfriend when he wants a hug/kiss/some sex? Well, if truth be told. Yes you probably are, and you probably get it from your mother because she's probably exactly the same and is ALSO a frigid bitch who complains 24/7.

I'm a GIRL by the way (just in case you freaks think I'm sticking up for the men too much), and I love my boyfriend very much, and I've been with him for a very long time, and I still haven't got tired of him! He's a lovely guy, and I would die for him! I would destroy every material item I own if it meant I could be with him forever and ever and nothing bad would ever happen to him. I mean it. Sure, I'd be pissed off about my CDs and books, but who cares in the end! If you have a human being with you who you love and who loves you back, isn't that what matters?

What happened to treating your husband like a human being instead of a child or pet. Hell, even they get more love than your husband. Husbands of the world, I pity you all! Stop being pussywhipped and fucking punish those whiny bitches! Make them see how much they really appreciate you! Then don't go back to them, and who cares if they kill themselves! All they ever did was whine anyway. Nymphomaniacs of the world, go make those men forget about those bitchy whingers!! And enjoy yourselves in the process!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Thank God someone said it!

Great article, well written....and the absolute truth! I find that yes, I'm tired/stressed/overworked and sometimes grumpy. A good solid pounding, a wild night, or even an afternoon quicke ALWAYS improves my mood and my outlook. Loosen up, ladies, and let out your inner wanton wench! You'll be happier for it too.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Right On

I couldn't agree more. I have been happily married for 4 years to a fantastic guy. After my last relationship of 3 years broke down I realised that the cause was MY PROBLEMS not his.

With my Hubbie I pretty much follow this articles sugestions - I treat him as I wish to be treated and worship him occasionally.

Nothing is un-sexier than a whingin bitch, whether they are male or female. You wouldnt nag and yell at a complete stranger, why should your life partner be treated like that?

Tell him that you love him, wake him up with a blowjob or a quickie before work, grab him when he gets home and say "Ive been thinking about you all day - take me to bed RIGHT NOW"

Make him feel like a sex god, boosting his ego has so many wonderful side affects!

Act like you did in the first few months of marriage (or of your relationship) flirt, appreciate and love him.

And you will be happy.

HOWEVER - If he's never interested in you or doesnt pull his weight around the house, I suggest marriage counselling, cos he's already getting it elsewhere!

If hes not interested in sex then try saying "well can I just blow you?" with out expecting anything in return. I mean what guy would turn down a no strings blow job?

As for no help around the house there are a few approaches -

1. Dont do anything either. He can get his own meals wash his own clothes etc

2. Try having a talk about responsibility and dividing chores fairly.

3. Hire a cleaning service which he pays for. If his money is being wasted on things he could easily do himself, he should smarten up.

All in all love your partner unrestrictedly. After all you are together because of your love and commitment to each other.

If that's not the case then you shouldnt be with them!

Sexy_celeste - Perth Western Australia

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Get off your high horse, please

There's a lot of truth to this, but the author's condescending, negative tone renders it almost unreadable. Please don't talk down to your readers; they'll get the point a lot better when they're spoken to with respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Obviously not all men

Well I can say for sure you don't live in my household. I'm totally the opposite have done pretty much everything that you brought up and nothing seems to work. So I dunno it's just very general and not all guys fall into the catagory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
thank you

This is so accurate and beautiful. And yes, without a doubt, it applies to all men. We just want the basic respect and kindness you describe. I only wish there were an article like this about girls for guys.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
you go girl !

thanks my guy wanted me to read this (with my eyes rolling of course) but i am really glad he did we each have two children with our respected exs so our life is constantly busy but i agree there should always be time for us i cant wait until the next time i want him to take out the trash i wonder if the thong would work on poopy diapers too hehehe! i cant wait to find out i absouletly agree if you make your man your king he will in turn make you his queen and thats the way it should be!

arunoarunoover 18 years ago
Your totally attune to the male mind

you have hit the nail on the head, everytime i see or hear woman understand men, it makes me smile and makes me go racing after those woman ;).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Took the thought from my own head.

Thank god someone finally said something.

I'm not one to say that all guys are the same, because they arnt, just like we females arnt. All guys want something a little different, just like we do. But I don't know any person (Male or Female) who would like to be treated like furniture. Totally right in saying that if any guy treated us like that we'd leave in a hurry.

It would RUIN our self esteem if a guy said our asses looked huge in a dress, it would RUIN our self confidence if a guy rolled over in bed, tossed us a dirty look and said "Get your hands off me I'm tired!" I know I'd run crying. If some guy nitpicked me about how bad I had done something I'd slap him one.

You're supposed to love and care for each other. You are on the same team and shouldn't allways be arguing about silly things like dinner and the trash.

I'm also not saying that being a homemaker is easy. Having kids and making dinner, cleaning house... It can take alot out of you, but he wont know that until you tell him! I know that my guy would never say no to helping me out with the workload. But you have to remember that road goes both ways. Support him once in a while. Throw his briefcase out the window and lock the two of you in your bedroom for a day while the kids are at school.

Both sides need to compromise. He'll sweep you off your feet if you just give him the chance and remember that he is your prince charming. You're with him for a reason right? If that love and devotion isn't present you shouldn't be with him. If it is, damn woman! Get out there and show him that you care about him and only him

Thank you so much "almost" for finally putting this out into the open. All women should follow it, to whatever degree they can.

-Masters_Phoenix

phoenixs_masterphoenixs_masterabout 18 years ago
Completely "Nailed it"

This is completely right. We guys are a lot deeper than most women give us credit for. I have been treated like a piece of meat many times, and it is definately not something I enjoyed. I love a girl who will do all the little things to show she cares. I want a girl who does all these things that were described. One major point that was hit, a girl doesn't have to look like a model to be beautiful. That line of thinking, only makes you more shallow than an inflatable backyard kiddie pool. I'll take the girl who appreciates everything I do for her, and lets me appreciate what she does for me over the girl who looks like a model but walks around like she's got her own finger stuck so far up her butt it's hanging out her nose. All that being said, I have that girl, the perfect one, the one that knows everything I want and need. She is my everything, and I know that I am her everything, and that is how a relationship should be.

phoenixs_master

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Excellent advice for happy marriage

She nails it! Great advice. Must read for all couples.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
woah...

Its like you looked deep down into my brain, heart, soul whatever and found what I knew was there and could never describe. It was perfect well written and so, so, so true! Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
ummm...

cold is not a flavor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
true for all men

Everything you said is so so true for me.

A man that gets everything you described is by far the happiest man in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Doing everything wrong

I guess I need to try it out, then maybe I can keep a man

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Youre so right..

very well written, insightful and thoughtful.. i will make sure i apply some of your advice to my man..well done..you make us proud girlie! - Jessica

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Interesting

I enjoyed your comments, and I can see what you're getting at for sure; but you do tend to make it sound like that is the only option out there.

Ladies and Men, it's not as simple as it sounds, but it starts this way: if you want to spend your life with someone, find the one that makes you think of no one else.

Doing all the things that the above submission says is fine and dandy, but only if you're doing it truly, and it's not an act.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
sounds like...

"They want her to be all the women in the world at once, pure and innocent, devilish and dangerous, squirmy and high spirited, needy and soft, nurturing and comforting, and sexually awake and aware of sensual pleasures. They want the mother in us, the sister, and the slut..."

Well, he better pay me good, because that sounds like a full time job. Do every one of the types come with a time card?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I always wanted the male view on things

I´m fascinated by what men think, and whenever I´ve asked, I get the same answer, ´Oh, come on, you know perfectly well!´, and never get the low down on the subject. This is part of it, the intimate thoughts, what turns men on!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Amen!

You are so right! That is the philosophy behind my marriage, because it's not my first. I learned from it and I have the same frame of mind as you! My husband tells his friends about the things I do for him (having a hot meal ready when he gets in, having his work clothes laid out for him the night before, drawing a hot bath for him when he's worked so hard and so long, flashing him in the morning as he's leaving for work, waiting for him on the front porch when he gets home and giving him a hug and a kiss, and wearing thongs or nothing and whispering it in his ear just as we enter the Mall or his buddies house, and so many other things) and they can't believe it. Each and every one of them say that they wished their wives would do that stuff for them or ask if he'd like to change wives. So wives, BEWARE - there are women out there that WILL do those things you so desperately "think" you hate. Try it, you just might like it and if not he'll be so proud of you just for trying! We have 3 children, the youngest is 3 yrs. so I know it's hard to do, making time for each other with children, but it can be done. You're here, reading this, you want help, so naturally there's still hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
maybe, however

you are so right.In my house i'm the one who works full only to come home and have to do laundry, wash dishes(no dishwasher),and take care of the kids. I have to show him this article and maybe he'll figure out he's supposed to at least help around the house because i'm too tired for anything else after working two and a half jobs

signed,

furious woman from hell

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
That's not even enough baby. You are lazy

In my house i'm the one who works full only to come home and have to do laundry, wash dishes(no dishwasher),and take care of the kids.

Well, that aint enough. YOu better hurry with bring the kids to bed coz your husband should get his duíck sucked. Then you need to give up the ass, ride his dick good. Only then should you think of sleeping. Damn, modern women are so selfish. If you earn enough money, why should the poor guy go to work, when he can relax and put up his feet. WHat, you want him to clean and help out? Dont you know he is a man. Next thing you know you will be making him wear an apron.

Guys, listen, dont cut these women any kind of slack. WIthout a dick, they couldnt even have babies. Men are kings. We run this motherfucker, hell yeah!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
On Target

Finally, a woman who understands what makes a man tick. Come on guys, if you are honest, then you know in your holy of holies, this article is right on target! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
It works

Right on, sister! I am so glad I found this in between my last relationship and my marriage. I *was* that bitchy cupcake woman before. Now, I worship my man and he worships me. I enjoy my sexuality and embrace it with him. That is true power! Screw the laundry!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
you have it right

Lady i dont know who you are but i would like to...You have hit the nail on the head..i would give anything if my wife would read this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
HELL YES!!!

Many women refuse to accept such blunt, very well articulated advice. It bruises their egos & makes them take a step back to actually 'evaluate' their relationship w/ their man. Perfection! Even if this generates negative response from such women, remember, they did read it afterall. I guarentee they are thinking about every word while they are trying to make excuses and dogg on the writer. Excellent Job! Btw...I am w/ you...as long as they do not 'catch a clue' I am treated like a Princess by 'their' men. Get w/ it ladies!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
So true!

BUT... you forgot one thing. It doesn't matter how hard you try, sometimes he'll hate your guts anyway. So move on. Why slave away daily to please him? If he's that demanding, coupled with a job and housewife duties, screw it, it's not really worth the work for a smile and some praise while your thraot gets stuffed with his cock. Go to the bar and find a bigger dick that you don't have to wait on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I didn't know why

I didn't know why I'd take the garbage out in my bikini briefs (after getting yelled at) Seems, "what the Hell are you doing...we've got neighbors that can see" is exactly what I wanted ! To be noticed. I'm going to share this story with my NEW girl and tell her that she's all that and more ! I'm guessing her reply will be "Thats how I feel".

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Not easy to read in some parts

but the core essence holds true. If your man feels cherished and desired by you, truly wanted and needed and loved, then chances are he will want to treat you right. A smart woman looks for a man who sends her pulses racing, but she also looks for a guy who will be worthy and appreciative of true love and affection, then she gives it generously. If she chose wisely, then she reaps the rewards.<br><br>

The smart woman also knows when to cut her losses, if by chance she misread the man she is with and he does not treat her or the gifts she offers with respect. <br><br>

Moral of the story - both partners should bring their all to the table.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
*coughbullshitcough*

So first you say that you "catch" good men, then you go on to say that the men you're with are the cheating husbands of wives who won't put out? That's a good man? A dishonest, lying sack of shit? I think it is a little fucked up that a woman who gets her rocks off with married men is trying to give relationship advice. Am I the only one who sees the incredible irony in that?

Are you saying that being tired is not a reasonable excuse for not wanting sex? Have you never worked a sixteen-hour shift on three hours of sleep and come home to a man demanding a blowjob? Guess what? My boyfriend has most certainly turned down sex for sleep. Sometimes, believe it or not, sleep happens.

What's this sexist bullshit that men are always the ones who go to work, come home, and want sex, while women sit on their asses all day and then turn into nagging, frigid bitches? I work 40+ hours a week, then I come home and I cook, clean, do the laundry, AND have sex with my man.

This article had a couple of (vaguely) valid points, but overall it was written as if from the viewpoint of that slutty girl in high school who tries to steal everyone's boyfriend and ends up with crabs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
in a word...

perfect. I found myself smiling while reading this. I'm showing this to my girlfriend. thank you for the insight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
marry me?

Dear "almost",

I did truly enjoy your work, "What Every Man Wants". Many can nitpick, but you did hit the nail on the head. I see it time and time again. I also experienced it first-hand during my own failed marriage. In fact, I tried to assume that very role that you lay out for the ladies when I was laid-off, and my wife was the breadwinner. I had the dinner waiting and met her with her cold beer at the door with a hug. I didn't get the same reaction that a man would have given a woman. I did get kitchen duty for the remainder of our relationship (that was ok, I AM the better cook) and a whole lot more wife in the process, she gained 15 pounds in 3 months (no, not by pregnancy).

Thanks for a good read, Can I have your permission to post your name and this work in an e-mail to others?

Michael Majcher

BTW, just kidding about the marrying part. I don't make enough to afford vacations or the other niceties you're used to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Spot On

If only my woman would honor me and treat me as you have suggested, I would dedicate my life to pleasing her and keeping her happy as well as very much loved. Any act of loving kindness I received from her would be returned to her with interest. I love my woman, and she me, but she rarely puts out, she whines and when it comes to trying something a bit more adventurous in the sack..forget it. I constantly get the I'm tired or I'm not in the mood moan. I won't cheat on my girl but after a few years of patient waiting for her to awaken sexually, my patients is running short. That leads me to visit Mrs Palmer (MASTURBATION) every night in frustration as I don't get none. Thanks ALMOST, I totally agree with your essay. And a decent man would do anything for their womans happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Spot On

If only my woman would honor me and treat me as you have suggested, I would dedicate my life to pleasing her and keeping her happy as well as very much loved. Any act of loving kindness I received from her would be returned to her with interest. I love my woman, and she me, but she rarely puts out, she whines and when it comes to trying something a bit more adventurous in the sack..forget it. I constantly get the I'm tired or I'm not in the mood moan. I won't cheat on my girl but after a few years of patient waiting for her to awaken sexually, my patients is running short. That leads me to visit Mrs Palmer (MASTURBATION) every night in frustration as I don't get none. Thanks ALMOST, I totally agree with your essay. And a decent man would do anything for their womans happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
WoW!

Ok! this is going to be a very big rambling but, I was raised as a feminist! I'm pretty young just beggining to work and lucky me I still live with my parents and I realize how awfull must be comming home from work and not having a warmng welcome! common girls I seriously wonder how much I would love to be able to stay at home and have a bit of time to dress up every day and have time to do exercisse! and to make a nice meal instead of working as a crazzy and not been able to take breakfast for not arriving late at work, so if u have the amazing oportunity of be a homme girl well why not do it as pleasant as possible I can imagine a guy who would cheat in girl who would do the 40% listed above.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
what a goddamned shame

What a goddamned shame that after working 40 hours a week, I come home to cook, clean, and take care of the kids. My husband plays with his model airplane or helicopter, or sits and yells at all of us.

What a goddamned shame that this Sunday morning he grabbed me by the arms and shook the shit out of me because I didn't do the dishes Saturday night.

What a goddamned shame he threatened to kill my cat if he slept on the tv shelf again.

What a goddamned shame I haven't just left. So all of this could have been averted if I had just catered to him more, huh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Wow!

I pity the women you want us to be. Men may want the type of woman you write about but they will never have her because of one simple reason: we are human.

I don't want sex because I do get tired after a 9 hour work day. I will nag my husband to throw out the trash because it is stinking up the house and it his share of the housework. You want us to be nympho, June Cleaver, mother, best friend, slut, eye candy, all rolled up into one. How realistic is that?

Maybe if the men who so heartly agree with the author can be a little more understanding with their women then maybe they will be happier.

And the men you claim that are so easily lured away from their wives by women like you are the type of men not worth keeping.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Clarification

She's really not asking us to do that much. All the personality traits mentioned are so simple to use. Just as you are the mother, you can be the wife, and if the wife is more complex...doesn't that prove that men are smarter than children? All in all, take the artical with a grain of sand. Take what you want to, ignore the rest. But most importantly, MAKE IT INTERESTING!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Very sad

I think it's pretty sad that you think that men need to be put on a pedestal, and i think it's also pretty sad that you feel you have to use sex to get your partner to do something.

And also, if you had kids you probably wouldn't say what you said about putting them to bed early or having them sleep somewhere else -- it just doesn't work that way. By writing this article you are reinforcing, among women, the idea that the only weapon they have is sex, and that is simply not true. What makes me mad is that we women should resist this kind of stereotype, not enforce it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Well done

I felt this was a great article, and noticed plenty of bitching about it too. The thing I think most of the haters here don't get is, if you treat your man this way, it usually gets returned many times over, unless your guy is a douche. My girlfriend does a little, acts seductive, gets a little bit wild, etc., and I do anything for her, including going down on her for the better part of an hour making sure she cums many times. Two people doing things for each other is part of a fucking relationship people, not meant to degrade one or the other gender. Most often the women who bitch about doing what you so eloquently describe are frigid as hell, whose legs would creak if they parted them. I say well done "almost", women like you who remain inwardly young will always be more sought after than ice cold 20-30 something bitchy women.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
LOL NO

LOL NO. What about a woman's desires? How much effort do you think any woman has to put into herself to become all those thing (a housecleaner, a glamorous model, a porn star, a mother, etc)? Don't you think she gets tired of him too sometime? To be all these things for a man the woman has to take a backseat to herself too and that's just as unfair.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Excellent article

I am an older woman closer to 60 than 50, grown children, wonderful grandaughter, married to the same man for 37 years.

I have every modern convenience available. It's wonderful.

We live a life with more conveniences than our mothers or grandmothers. We have extra time to use as we see fit. We make choices on that extra time. It's those choices that make the difference in our marriages.

No woman is expected to live in an abusive relationship. Women can now have their own credit (since 1975), and so many more jobs are now available to women that weren't in the past. There is no excuse for staying in an abusive relationship. So much help is available. Take advantage of the help and get out. That is a choice women didn't have, easily, a couple generations ago.

Don't get married if you don't need a man and like sex. A husband is not a father, a brother, your gay best guy friend, or a female, he's a husband and a man. If he's heterosexual, he'll need loving sex or the marriage will dissolve. Your husband would never have married you without sexual attraction for you. That's what drives men and women to marry. Without it, a man would simply pass you by.....but you know this already deep down. We're women, we know what gets their attention.

I've seen many marriages come and go and it's almost always about sex, though to keep it private they tell the public something else. It's about sex, or lack of sex.

It's all very simple. This person writing this had the formula down for a great marriage, relationship with a man.

If you want to get, you give. If you're a selfish person, by nature, either learn or lose. Marriage is about sexual relationships. There is no law or requirement to be married, or even to be sexual with anyone.

This article is about what MEN want, not about what women want. I can attest after a long successful marriage, this is exactly what a loving man wants and I can also attest a man gives back twice as much as he receives in the way of love.

Where would women be if men weren't sexually attracted to us and revere us so much? I've given this many years of thought and it is my conclusion that women would have been killed off hundreds of years ago by men if it weren't for their intense, sexual love and desire for us. I'm speaking of heterosexual men here as gay men have no sexual need for a woman at all. They'll talk about hair and clothes all day with you, but they have no interest in your vagina, hence, no interest in a sexual relationship or marriage with you.

Lastly, my pet peave is women who aren't supportive of women. For a woman to say she'd take another woman's husband is a bit harsh. Why not let's help other women who don't understand.....to understand. As women, we are also sexual creatures. We all want great orgasms. Let's help other women to get out of bad situations. No woman's clit can work with a man terrorizing here. Let's help women understand how vital sex is to the men they love. Let's be supportive of each other, not against our precious men, but FOR each other's ability to organize and prioritize their time to accomodate not only their husband's needs, but their own sexual needs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Listen & Learn

All you ladies out there that want to keep your man should read this 10 times. Put down the bowl of chips, get off the couch, make your man a meal once in a while, get a little exercise, be nice and then give him a good time in the sack more than a few times a week and he'll do the dishes, watch the kids & put them to bed, do the laundry, clean the house, etc, etc.

It's called positive reinforcement. Nothing de-motivates a man more than coming home from a hard day's work, having to make, serve & cleanup dinner, taking care of the kids and putting them to bed only to have his wife give him the cold shoulder. Don't expect the dog to keep doing tricks if you don't give him a biscuit once in a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
and how old are you???

At the end of your post, it sounds like you don't have a long time husband or boyfriend. You just get them to 'take you to mexico' and then they probably dump you off at the airport, to go back home to their 'real' lives. Of course every guy that reads your post will yell at the top of their lugs "YEAH!!!YOU GOT IT! I WISH MY GIRL TREATED ME LIKE THAT!" Hell, I would too if I were a guy. Having your every wish and dream catered to... men have all of the advatages and women (that are not part time hookers or sugar daddy hunters) have learned that if you have a long term committment, you can count on always having one extra kid.. that's because men NEVER GROW UP! don't get me wrong, I would not want to live a life without the commitment of a good friend, lover and confidant. Someone to share life with, someone that accepts you for you and in turn accepting your guy for who he is (as long as there is no physical or emotional abuse). Your post is so 'out there' I wonder if you are a man ghost writing as a woman! If you're who you say you are all I can say to you is if you are happy being the person you are and are happy with your life, prepare yourself now for what will come when you get older and find yourself alone because all of those great men you spoke of earlier are now so shallow and full of ego that you won't be young enough, sexy enough, kind enough, forgiving enough, independent enough, for him or his so-called friends that will value his friendship only by who he has hanging on his arm!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
there is no excuse

At first, I posted this comment on the wrong title. I apologize. Here it is again;

These are great tips and I believe incorporating a little bit of them into our relationships can go a long way. However, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR CHEATING. The reasons you listed for cheating are understandable but cheating is UNACCEPTABLE. If the issues in a couple's sex life (or lack thereof) is so bad, they should either try to solve this issue via counseling or LEAVE. I believe marriage is till death. However, I think leaving is better than pulling the rug from under your spouse/partner by cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Would have worked for me!

Being divorced from a female who would not even consider any of the suggestions, I agree with the OP on this, though not everything works for everyone. As far as any of this being sly or manipulative,I do not think so. It may be strange at the start, and you may get some funny looks in the beginning,give it a try and it may become natural. The typical Man not Large Boy,spends the majority of his day doing what other people want him to do to earn a living, then coming home to chores, bills, work on the house..... you get the point, only to start it all over again the next day.

Having you spouse acknowledge the fact they are happy you are home, would have been nice. A kiss and or a hug, would make me feel like I hung the moon and it is all worth it. It tends to be the small things that were suggested,that make the difference. And Yes!ladies it has to work both ways.

If you have a dead beat at home find out why, get it fixed deal with it or move on (staying together for the kids has been proven to be a bad idea, for the kids).

What was suggested in the article is not hard or demeaning give it a try.

Oh! Yes I did the cleaning,cooking,clothes,yard,(kids were in school)...etc.and did it all during commercials, still did not take eight hours. The mechanic, plumber,PC tech, electrician,carpenter, that took a little longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
LOL

You people out there saying that noone can be all these things. You're wrong. Being all these things isn't about looking like pam anderson or britney spears. It's about having sexuality and making him feel sexy just as he should make you feel sexy. It's about telling him how good he makes you feel, about doing the things you know make his toes curl. You should get pleasure from pleasing him. I do. Why don't you? Sex is not the only tool a woman has but it's one of them. Why not use it? I say great job to Almost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Not all men want excitement!

I think that sometimes a woman is willing to do everything to excite her life and her husband's. However, it turns out that the husband is boring and could just do without the excitement. A Shame really!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
To Those who think it's all about sex!

An excellent article and one which in my personal experience a lot of women should take note of, and indeed would benefit from! My first point to those women who would ridicule this article and complain that "to be a woman like the author describes is impossible" is this:- THIS IS NOT ALL ABOUT SEX! Read it and read it again ladies, the author talks of sex and passion yes, but she also makes a great deal of references Love, Respect, Appreciation, Kindness, Thankfullness...etc. Qualities that, let's face it ladies..We ALL need, even you bitter ones stuck in loveless marriages that at least 50 percent of the time are of your own making. Sure, there are men who are abusive, lazy, dis-respectful etc. were they like this when you married them? If they were you only have yourself to blame for marrying them in the first place! If not why have they changed? You have to take stock of the situation and ask yourselves some hard questions, and of course be honest with yourselves with the answers! NO Marriage can survive without Communication. Not just talking but Listening to eachother. We all of us have needs, wants, desires etc. and we first and foremost look to the people we love to either provide or helps us achieve what makes us happy and complete, whether it's fixing the car, baking chocolate chip cookies, rubbing tired feet after a day in high heels or wearing the high heels in bed to please our partner!! How much do we value our relationships? How important is this person we are with and share our life with compared to how tired and weary we feel after a day a work or cleaning the house or looking after the kids etc.? Well I tell you this ladies... My Fiancee who I am to marry next year (2009) is worth walkin barefoot twice around the world with her on my back! Why? Because she LOVES me, She respects me, she shares everything with me, she is appreciative of everything I do for her, she cares for me and comforts me when I am low, she is proud of me and never put's me down. And she NEVER berates me or moans and complains about me even though, like EVERYONE ELSE male or female I make mistakes, I get things wrong etc. Nobody is perfect we all know this, we men dont expect perfection, just our fair share of what EVERYBODY needs. A little effort and understanding goes a long way ladies and whether the author of this article is Female OR Male, Gay or Lesbian it doesn't matter... READ IT, Accept it and learn from it! You will be rewarded 10 fold for your efforts!. Best wishes to all from UK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow! Do you have a twin sister who's available?

A woman who not only understands men, but actually appreciates them. I thought they didn't exist any more.

I'm shocked!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Oh Please - Another One in Fanasty Land...

I have a man, it's called a husband. And he isn't the same person now as when we met. Me, either. You know, you grow and develop. Story written by someone who apparently enjoys multiple men but doesn't know how to commit to just one. Commitment to one is HARD and it's not all about these theatrics. Cupcakes? It's called kids and they ARE more important than stroking someone's ego. Besides, if you have a strong confident man, that 'look' from you is enough. Get a grip, idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
This Bitch has obviously never been married.

She sleeps with everyone else's husband and becomes an expert by injection? What a slut she is. Every man wants sex and she gives it - that makes her an expert? Giving a cum analysis maybe, but not the heart and soul of a commited man.

LawlietLawlietover 15 years ago
Too much to put into words

First off, concerning the two anonymous posts on 12/09: your stupidity knows no bounds to the point where I am rendered figuratively speechless. I honestly wouldn't be a damn bit surprised if the men in your life were off with their heads buried between the thighs of a 19-year old waitress, because you certainly don't seem to care about them until you want them to do something. With the first one, saying almost is in a fantasy land, I will agree that kids are important (if you have them), but guys are A LOT more sensitive and responsive to praise than we would prefer to let on. Guys will be more willing to do what you ask and will generally be more fun to be around if you just make him feel good about himself. As far as the one calling almost a slut, well, there's really just no words for her.

Second, for the anonymous poster on 8/23, you obviously know nothing about guys; we never grow up? What a load of horse shit. There is honestly no measure to how much that pisses me off. Not all guys are immature jocks who only care about looks and the size of their own dick. In fact, it's quite the opposite; men like that are in the minority (it just goes to show that the quote "The smallest dog barks the loudest" is true). Most guys are actually rather intelligent and sensitive and really want to do nothing more than please you, but they refuse to be all give and no take. It seems that it's perfectly fine for a woman to demand what they want in a relationship (not that all women do), but as soon as a guy does it, he's a self-centered jerk off who doesn't care about you. I'm not going to say anymore on that topic less I run off at the mouth (or fingers, seeing as I'm typing) and rant incoherent statements.

That aside, I'm not going to rave that all women should treat their guy's like this and that I'm surprised almost is still single. No... I will say that she is a rather inspirational writer; she's write, everyone only seems to care about women's wants and needs and there's nothing wrong with that, but it seems that in our almost obsessive quest for sexual equality, we neglect the guys. I'm all for sexual equality, but to me, sexual equality is that both sexes are paid equally for the same job and same amount of effort in the work force, both sexes are offered the same opportunities (assuming they earn it; I'd rather hire the man or woman with knowledge and experience in the field than the slutty little girl who offered to suck me off), both sexes pay the same when it comes to taxes and insurance, and definitely that neither is considered weaker. Before I get off topic any farther and risk turning this into some debate, I'll say that it's good that there's someone, whether almost really is a woman or a ghost writing man as one commentator suggested, that actually cares enough about guys to take the time and effort to write this article. It's worth the read and implication of the tactics suggested. I can guarantee, ladies, that unless your man is a complete ignoramus whose skull is thicker than steel reinforced concrete, if you at least make the effort to use some of these techniques, he'll definitely respond positively. Now then, I shall take my bow before I begin to rant further.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Men cheat because they want to

I try to apply some of these concepts to my marriage. A little bit truly goes a long way. However, I was cheated on and to those of us on this boat this only adds insult to injury. Obviously, you've never been married considering how you say "my men" rather than "my man".

I used to blame myself for the stuff I did/didn't do in my marriage but rescently I came to realize that my husband cheated on me because he wanted to. We both sought counseling and he did his part. As a result we've been able to reconcile after almost 2 years since he cheated. I'm living proof that it takes 2 to make a marriage work.

I'm one of the few who's been able to take my husband back after an affair, but it's not easy and the process of reconciling can be agonizingly long but not impossible.

All the reasons you've given for why men cheat are an excuse to LEAVE. A person who really wants to work on their marriage/relationship does what they can to make it work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Interesting response to this,

one male comment was to ask Do you have a sister. For myself I have never considered a commited relationship but the author sounds tempting. Just as well she lives half way round the world. I did find it ironic that one of the negative comments was from someone who said of her man - its a husband - and thought she had nothing to improve on. I hope -it- did not read her view of him. -- UK Cynic

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Silliest thing I've ever read

Cute little story; however, I believe the author is living in Never Never Land. I will be happy to let the maid do all the housework, so I can paint my toenails and tell my hubby Oooh, don't you have big muscles, but he will have to get a second job to pay for it. Unfortunately, we are living in the real world. Sometimes, we both tell each other we appreciate what you are doing, and sometimes life gets in the way and we are just too busy. You know, all the dull, boring stuff like kids and little league and jobs and paying the bills. But you have fun dating other people's husbands so there are more kids in broken homes!

!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Oh that's funny!!

Oh this is as funny as those "Good Housekeeping" articles of the 30's, "how to eb a good wife"

You know, what men want really isn't much different from what women want, yes, even what wives want.

Women want husbands to be the young stud they married, the one that could get it up and keep it up several times a day and for hours on end. The one that didn't have a beer belly and fart all over the place. The one that didn't leave his sweaty socks on the floor or leave skid marks in his underwear.

However, most recognise, that what they have in place of that hot young stud, is a loving HUSBAND, a doting FATHER. someone who is building a life and future with them

You think you know what men want? If you really do know, then it wouldn;t have taken you so many words.

What the men that you see want is what they get from you

AN EASY LAY

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Fantasies are wonderful.

And you do a great job of presenting an example of one. Let us know how things are for you in about 20 years once your bloom has worn off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Did a protitute write this?

This essay had to have been written by someone who has never been married, never had children, or is a prostitute, maybe all three. When considering this, it looses all credibility.

This article sounds like a lot of drivel to make someone feel better about her poor choices. Dating married men or selling herself to men for money, trips, housing, jewelery, etc.

It's kind of sad, really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Delusional!!

While I am at the PTA, that means that I have made this world a better place by bringing wonderful children into the world. I pray you never reproduce!

I take care of my man don't you worry. I also like to explore as you put it. But the sexiest thing is that it is exploration with someone you trust and who is monogamous. Why is that you think a free trip is a big deal. Fucking for a trip is called PROSTITUTION!!! I have MY name in the will, I am the recipient of his life insurance. I am the one that he truly provides for. Oh that's right, the men you are fucking, I am sure that you are completely taken care of...right? And for the record, I can't wait to see what your life is like when you are 60. Karma is a bitch and so are you!

You are sad. You are so lost that you are confusing getting your brains fucked out with WORTH.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
The truth hurts

Right on! Someone knows what's going on...

So many bitter, ugly women all upset! I LOVE it!

Most women are utterly clueless about what men want. You, however, are a most welcome exception. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I feel sorry for you

Clearly you have never had a mind blowing, hours long, satisfying orgasm between a man and woman who loves and is deeply committed to each other. Honey, you dont know what you are missing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sounds like a cheatin HO to me!

While "MALES" are attracted to the more sexual side of life...MOST MEN I mean Real men appreciate and respect, a good mother to his children, a great cook, an untainted past and devotion and go ficure it's even a turn on for them! AND Real Men LOVE having a tired wife who doesnt rely on electric gadgets to make her day easier since a lot of them don't make enough to have those luxuries....

Sounds like youve been on the cheating side of the fence a few too many times and think youve got it all figured out....

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Men Cheat Because They Do...

and so do women...plain simple...whoever wrote this article needs to do soeme serious rethinging here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Leave the moral judgements aside,

this is an interesting article. It has drawn a female response similar to the indignant male response to a loving wife story. I thought the author wrote about what drove a man to leave a partner. While many men given the chance will have sex with someone else they have to be pretty fed up to end a relationship. Given the inertia of the average man his partner has to slip up for this to happen. Its this female complacency that the article is about. -- UK CYNIC

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great essay on really important things to keep it

going in the marriage & relationships. Well written and flows well.

AverageBearAverageBearover 15 years ago
You're taking unfair heat as a homewrecker....

By focusing on your "threat" to steal their mate, some of the commenting readers have failed to see the real point about monogamy (at least from my view) in your essay. That point is this: if you regularly turn away from your spouse's sexual desire, you're asking for (and dishing out) trouble. Even if your spouse doesn't go looking elsewhere (hence, the "threat"), he or she will feel rejected by the one person in the world who can legitimately fulfill him or her, perhaps meeting the physical need by masturbation but falling fall short on meeting the emotional and spiritual need. When a couple takes a vow of "forsaking all others" that BY DEFINITION places the responsibility of each to meet the other's sexual needs. Even the Bible, with its narrow view of sexuality, admonishes husband and wife not to deny each other sexually (1 Corinthians 7: 3-5).

txblushtxblushalmost 15 years ago
Interesting...

To those who've commented and to future commenters. Everyone and I mean, "everyone," wants the magic that happens in a relationship to continue. The question is do you want to work at it. If so, then this article provides some valuable tips. Work at your relationship is all this article is pointing out. Take it or leave it.

To the author I say, thanks for writing your article. Most of what you wrote I already knew, but it was good and very well written. Also, it helped to remind me of things I may have forgotten. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This explains so much.

This essay explains far more than just what it is written about. I think the person who wrote it truly understands the way men think. And not just in the sense of romantic relationships. Men do need self esteem, they need to feel like they matter. I have an older brother who is going through a very rough time in his life. For years he and I fought each other tooth and nail because we did not understand each other. Now that I am older, I am beginning to see things differently. I understand now that, when I was a child, I saw him in only the simplest way... as a mean older brother. It took years for me to see the vulnerability of him. The fear, the need for love, the desperation for acceptance. Now that I see these depths in him. I understand him more. I've stopped treating him as the "enemy". I listen to him. I treat him with more respect. This has helped us grow closer as brother and sister. We almost never fight anymore.

I think this essay is superb. I think every woman in the world should read it. And don't just think it's about nothing but sex. It's not. It's about men. How they think. What they need. It's about treating men like they are Men! A lot of women I know think men should do all the work in a relationship. They should be romantic and charming and give us everything we need. But men are human beings. They have needs too!

They need the same things we do. Only the most bitter and selfish women in the world would refuse to see that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wow

To make this clear, I am a man. I think the basis of this essay is right on point. Men simply do not want to be the only ones making the effort in a relationship. Now, I'll admit, some of this was kind of "ho-ey". However, notice how quick some of you are to call her a whore, a ho, a prostitute. Why? Because it's an automatic response to any woman who likes sex? Now, I know why women treat sex so much differently than men (9 months and a lifetime of responsibilties after), but to judge someone for liking something as fundamental as sex is absurd. Plus, you are missing the main point. Men don't want to be #2, just like everybody else. The author doesn't mean to say that PTA meetings are horrible for relationships or anything like that. Instead, what she is trying to say is don't let these meetings, your job, your daily housework, etc. take away from your relationship. In other words, what is more important to you, your love's interests or what is going to be sold at the bake sale on Friday? The thing is, women tend to care about their children and nothing else, including themselves. And although I don't have children, I do understand. However, although maybe more harder on women, you need to not make either your man or your children # 2. This is where so many relationships fail, when the other spouse gets pushed to the side. Rather, prioritize! Men love sex, but we don't need it all day everyday!!! However, kids do not need all the attention. What's more important, buying juiceboxes or making your relationship stronger? In other words, somethings really aren't as important as they seem. Men, for the most part, see through this because they have a different sense of loyalty. They only feel the strongest for friends, family (including children), and the one they love most. Other than that, they don't care! They don't feel the "need" to do this and do that. Neither should you! Sometimes you just need to put down the vaacum and walk away. Will there really be a group of people stopping by that will notice that the floor has only been vaacumed once this week? NOOOO! These irrationalities drive men insane!

On another note, I disagree with the whole part of experiment and sort of a "you have to love it" mentality by the author. However, some women need to experiment a little bit more. You don't have to do it again if you don't like it, you don't have to lie and say you did, but men just want to try new things every once in a while. And a little fucking help (pun intended) would be nice. Honestly, we are not going to yell at you or be mad if you tell us how you like it and how you want us to do it. In fact we like that!

99% of the time the guy with the choice will go with the slightly "ho-ey" girl rather than the conservative bitch because guess which one is going to be more fun? Guys are so easy. This goes out to all you shy girls too by the way, who never talk and never get dates and boyfriends. Look, guys don't want to do all the courting. I know you might be called a ho or might occasionally be rejected, but guess what? You could have a guy like you right now that you like but you'll never know because you were too shy to talk to him, and your "coldness" will make him not talk to you. Guys fear rejection too! And guess what, you make him do all the work. Look, just because your not the prettiest girl doesn't mean you can't get a decent guy. You see all the pretty girls get attention and you wish you could be llike that. Well you can. Talk! You don't have to be a 9 or a 10. Or an 8. or even a 4. or maybe even lower. Guys love girls that talk! However, to complete this epic post... an I am forgetting something, notice how many guys have refuted this essay all you outraged women. Instead of nit-picking this article to pieces, look at the damn big picture. And its there. It's like going to look at the Statue of Liberty, reading the poem, and never noticing that big hunk of green copper. I have no clue why i needed that added at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I guess feminism really is dead...

All this about the 'man coming home from a hard days work'...women have jobs now! I know, it's madness! What happens to all the gender stereotypes now? Should the lady of the house expect to come home to her husband doing the cooking in nothing but an apron and heels? Maybe she'll run off with a toyboy to Mexico if he doesn't hit the gym and look good in a thong?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well written!

It was something I always knew... but over the years, had long forgotten. Thank you for the wake-up call.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
People Need to Work on Their Reading Comprehension

The last paragraph, which paints the author as a seductive vixen who lures away married men, is meant in jest. She's being facetious. The same thing with all of the overly zealous feminist rants who clearly can't read. It said "he's tired too" not "he's been at work all day while you sat at home".

Do some men cheat because they are bad people? Yes. But I think that most don't, just like most women don't. Sometimes the fault in the relationship could arise from the cheater, sometimes with the other party, usually both. It's all about keeping the fire burning.

This isn't promoting or excusing infidelity, which is wrong. It's about combatting the complacency that incites it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
So Very True

Take this from a real Man striving to find his place in the world.

I read this and I knew deep down in my heart that it is at it's core, pure truth. I will gladly be your knight in shining armor, if you would praise me as such. I would fight the world, work till sore and bloody, toil till I passed out... If I could awake to see you above me "Well done, my most special person". It isn't about sex, I know a prostitute who will give head for 10 bucks who bothers me twice a week about it (and I refuse) if that was the case. Its about.... the emotion, the spirituality, the dream, the goals, the fantasy.

Take a look back and you will realize, in our child story books. Girls read of being princesses, What did boys read about? Saving the day, Braving Dangers, Making Sacrifices, WHY? because when it was all over and done with, there was that princess with the "happy ever after" WAITING and WANTING you.

Its about being wanted, being cherished, being caredfor. Feeling special. You do this and you find a guy who hasn't given up on women being able to do this... and you will never regret it.

You fail to do this with a guy who hasn't given up... and chances are he may. Then he will no longer look to you for those feelings or thoughts, he will get them from wherever he can.

This is coming from a man who has NEVER cheated on a relation. I'm starting to wonder if there are any real Princesses left in this world, perhaps some of us hopeless romantics were born a few decades late and all the women worth cherishing are long gone... too independent to "need a man" to "need a knight".

You call us dogs, yet you're too stupid to train us. If you pet your dog, he loves you, If you feed your dog, he doesn't look elsewhere for food. If you reward your dog for doing well, he does well so much better the next day. Is this not basic? If you're gonna lower us to the level of dogs.... AT LEAST MAKE IT FAIR. I'll continue. If you pet your dog, he pets you back (licks you). You want to be wined and dinned its not as hard as you make it seem. If you constantly yell at your dog, he will bark back or flee from you. If you starve your dog, he WILL find food elsewhere, if you hurt your dog, he will stray from you.

Anyways, I am an Real Man, who believes in family, sticking through rainy days. Being a Provider, Supporter, Comforter, Etc. I know the woman who claims my heart will never regret it, why? Because I will make SURE of it. But I will not accept one who cannot even make me feel special to her. It isn't a gift people.

Last but not least, I am so tired of people moaning "If only you knew how much I cared" at funerals, after someone has died, etc. What the hell stopped you from telling that person that day that you loved them? What stopped you from giving them those same flowers when they could smell them that you lay atop their cold body? If you love someone, let them know, throw them a party while they are alive instead of a wake once they are gone. Think about it...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Story about me

Im a man, this is spot on.. if only more women got it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous