All Comments on 'What Women Want From Men'

by almost

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Splendid

Your piece was full of contradiction and unreason, but it a good reminder that things making sense and being safely explainable is not the point of a relationship. People, not just girls, are too complex for that, and yes we all wish things were more simple, but we can't allow that either. All in all a very well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
AWESOME

I was struggling with my girl. I appreciate the reminder that it is simpler than I am making it, and at the same time is very confusing....Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
You're a fucking GENIUS

I simply have no words to describe the pure truth in your words. This article actually changed my way of thinking about women, and I just finished reading it a minute ago. Even the parts that were solely about women resounded with me as my own unformulated thoughts put into words. BRAVO!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
This is poor

Very poor :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Sometimes you need to be told what you know...

Every so often a man should re-read this, just to remind himself of what he should be doing. So instead of coming back from the office, and wondering why your relationship is no longer working, as you look at our wife on the sofa, and head upstairs to prepare another boring work report, Stop!!! Put the laptop down go in and tell her her sister is on her way over to babysit, and to get upstairs and get dressed to go to that restaurant you both like. Women are very simple to understand, if you take the time to be interested. And in return you get more of what you like, instead of just beefing on that "Sex is boring, I want to try something different" So does she, but problem is you dont ring her bell anymore because your boring and dont fo the loving thing. Read this and do what you should be doing to make both of you happier.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
hated it

forget what Almost wrote, I'll tell you the truth: Look ladies & gents, its simple...if you take your partner for granted, they aren't going to be happy and they sure as hell aren't going to stick around when they can easily find someone else who will appreciate them and all they can offer. Relationships take WORK to keep them alive and healthy, if you don't want to work at it, then don't get involved, don't waste somebodys time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
intresting & something to ponder about

give me insight of women and their nature

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Hit the nail on the head

What u just said was inspiring. In summary, you women are always wrong and bombard us with 20000 extra words to make us feel remorse, pitty and sorrow for you so you can forget for a little while that you have no idea what you want or what you where arguing about. I think I'll use this article in future as leverage to kick start an international women self education program to help the slightly slower men such as myself through life and love easier.

All of my male compatriots in this world should get a copy of this in some way, shape or form and give it to the next personality deprived female his heart takes a massive tumble over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Speak only for yourself, please.

I just want to know how many of the comments praising this were men. Thank you for proving once again that women should be subjegated and kept quite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Hmmm

That was all so very true. The way that you explained it kinda opened my eyes to how I should be treating women, and I know now that in a way, you are all alike in what you want. Im only 18, thanks for teaching me early on.

Bridget69Bridget69almost 19 years ago
Exactly!

This really sums up a lot of the things that I want.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiteralmost 19 years ago
Thanks for your truth.

I'm not sure all of that is true for everyone, but much of it seems to have worked for me. Or accuratly described mistakes that I have made.

One way or the other, we need to hear from people on this subject. Comunication is key.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank you!!

Thank you for your submission. I am truly inove with a woman who is the most special thing to me in the world. I try to do the things you suggested. I want to make her the happiest woman on the earth. From your submission I am at least doing some things correctly.

sacksackover 18 years ago
This is all over the place...

I think you have some good ideas which are lost in an excessively verbose thicket that makes this submission very difficult to read. Maybe that's the whole point; women can't express something succinctly and cogently!! I think you need to go back to Paragraphs 101 and write a topic sentence which you then elaborate on, rather than hop from one topic to another like a mexican jumping bean on crack. If this truly represents what a woman is like, no thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
The new extreme

One hell of a list u got there. The average guy reading the average mag already has all this drummed into his skull even if it doesn't sometimes make sense, even to you. Yes, there were days of subjugation. So now we move to another extreme (it's what we always do) - now it's all about her, and she likes this, and that, and also that. And now, here's the norm: if u can't deliver, it's now acceptable for her to go look somewhere else. "U were sweet enough to try, so we'll remain good friends". Then we wonder why people become stonehearted. Nice going. The Great New Hype is here. Deliver, gentlemen. What else can you do?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Yes!!

The fact is that women are all over the place in our attitudes and emotions. We have internalized so much crap about sex and relationships that we do almost anything to be successful. I'm gratefull that "Almost" made an effort to articulate what a woman goes through when trying to decide what we really want.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
What a great read!!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this piece. It really hit home with me. I loved your honesty and your wit. In fact, I liked it so much that I invited other people to read it. Great job!!

KattieLynnKattieLynnabout 17 years ago
Very Insightful!

Honey, you hit the nail on the head! Have often felt this way as I try to figure out what EXACTLY I want.....still haven't gotten there! Thanks for distilling many thoughts into some clear logic (well, maybe not totally clear, but it reads like that to this girl, and which girl is ever totally clear to herself or her men?).

Thanks for a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Reply to The new extreme

To the miserable and bitter woman who wrote The new extreme. You've obviously had some bad experiences with men and it clearly shows in your comment. It seems you've become stone-hearted because a man didn't live up to your expectations, I say GET OVER IT and stop your whining. Both men and woman are free to leave a relationship if things don't work out. We men give what ever we can to a woman we love, but, we are not obligated to give anything. We give out of love, just as women do. Which ever man you get will certainly DELIVER, it just won't be what you expect. I suspect the only thing he will deliver to you is a GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE while he's throwing your bags and belongings onto the street. No self respecting man would put up with a cold-hearted bitch like you. You sound like a high maintenance gold digger to me. If your not with a man for love, go back to your fem-bot friends and come out of the closet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
People are idiots, but this does clear it up.

Look, for those of you who are in fact bitching about others for this and that and what-the-fuck ever, consider your arguement before you make it! People are idiots because for many, it's just what you can GET out of the relationship nowadays, instead of who you're with.

Girls want the "Guy with the car, or the job, or being able to buy things." and that's nice, but sometimes you make it sound as if that's all their good for, excuse me if I'm wrong... But guys as well are idiots too, for many, it seems to be just about the sex or the massive ego boost, girls are people too, SURPRISE!!!

The thing really is, is that people will always want their own degree of appreciation, many achieve it, many don't

I had a girlfriend once, and I think, after reading this, that I didn't treat her as well as I should have... but then I think about it and she treated me like SHIT! And even then I'm still able to be friends with her...

Still, for those of you who are having a bitch at this... you're expressing an opinion, and that's good... but Jesus Christ it sounds like you're just people who didn't get enough whinging of their chest!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thanks

You've given us a lot to think about. Thanks for your article.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I counted

That was only 3,116 words - slow day?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you

Excellent article.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
grammar

You've put question marks in several places that don't require them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
misleading

A lot of this stuff in the article is true about what women want and still its misleading. A man can do all these things for a woman and still get cheated on. Its a new day and age, these young girls just don't have the same values. I live in Atlanta and there are alot of hoes out here. Not to be disrespectful to women but its true. All the time I sea couple on a date wear a woman is wearing very revealing clothes and is under the arms of her boyfriend who is dressed very professionally. Why is that? Because "GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!" Sex isn't always about love with women they might have had cheated with some guy at the bar because she was drunk and he had a huge package. What I learned about women is that they are secretly very sexual creatures (look at the sales of Literotica) who wants a man to take care of them, allow them to "Have Fun (even if that means being a slut)" but at the end of the day still wants to be respected, loved, not judged for her actions and maybe even married with kids. Also this article doesn't state what women should do for their man other than provide sex, its 2014 men and women are equal now and in a relationship the effort shouldn't be one sided? I guess Women wants to have their cake and eat it too lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The good I got

The good I got by this story, which is great hearing from a ladies' perspective. Is that some have to be reminded that they're women and lovers also, and not just employees or students.. As some forget since this work life could be tackling towards them. I would offer a warm bath with chocolate and wine to set mood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
so...

communicate more and she won't leave.. got it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As a man with a very specific soul search going on

I absolutely loved reading this, I literally asked Google a very specific question and your article was in the top three, I won't go into too much detail but long story short I grew up with a lot of trauma between my mother being sexually abused and extensively used financially, emotionally (insert never ending list here) and my father being absolutely worthless (which they split the day I was born because he wanted to give me up for adoption) so this was separate household trauma and just as you said how society has complicated things because a couple thousand years ago the raging child I was would have beat his head in with a rock while he slept and been done with it but I digress.

Your read spoke to me, and filled in alot of blanks that I honestly used to know the answers to, but about 20 years of undiagnosed untreated mental disorders mostly affecting social interactions and emotions that weren't treated until self-help was sought at the age of 24, and the roughly 2 years of medications and therapy pretty much wiped my mind, which this is a double edged sword. In my childhood I was irrationally aggressive(recap to rock smashing)which turned into depression and anxiety as I felt helpless and ultimately accepted my life as it was until adulthood when I knew I could be independent, and during adolescence and young adulthood these three major emotions would come back each other for dominance, I was a total closeted psychopath with crazy sociopath tendencies but when I turned 18 and got my own place with these issues I was also a total player, women craved it, the crazy lust, the emotional outburst, the possessiveness the obsessiveness, it was a constant crazy whirlwind spiraling out of control, and apparently women love storms.

After getting the help I needed after I reached a critical point in mental health where I was no longer stable and daily life was being affected, I was a total humble honest blank slate with nearly zero sex drive. It's like I had 24years of mistrust misunderstanding and abuse and dove into this portal and came out a 70-year-old man with ED, I had lost pretty much every major part of my personality due to how grotesquely intertwined it had became with depression and anxiety and fury which had basically become their own mindsets and personalities of my being so when the emotions of themselves were eliminated so was the personality with it. So essentially I had lost my ability to relate to people around me which affects empathy which affects understanding and the list goes on and on and on, which is a complete polar opposite of how it was before where I was too empathetic where I could feel everything around me to the point that it interrupted what I was doing but I was also great with people then and women specifically. It all fell apart at once,together....completely. so all the first couple years of help was breaking habits the past couple years of being off meds and without continued professional help has been about trying to rebuild these key aspects of what a person is.

the final straw of why I went and actually got help was a ruined relationship on my part, I know for a fact for years I've carried a lot of emotional baggage because of what I've seen done to my mother, and I love her dearly,and I was so enraged at a young age because I couldn't defend her when I could see and hear what was happening to her daily and nightly, and it affected every relationship I had with women in almost every aspect, women love damaged men because of all your habits to nurture care and fix while simultaneously wanting to be ogled ravaged and in some aspects even torn asunder, it's a dual mentality on all fronts because even as the man is ravaging you choking you and toying with your body for his own selfish desires deep in your psychosis you know that the same hands will be the first ones to smash someone's skull in your defense or defense of your children, it's the most primitive and purest of emotions. Raw, unfiltered love weather forever or fleeting and both genders are drawn to it for different reasons.

Now to wrap up this story that even I can't really believe got this deep even while I'm sitting here on acid still not dressed from the shower I took before reading this and have basically gotten distracted over 20 times while trying to write this over the course of 2 hours (which also says a lot about a man's mentality when it comes to emotional expression) from everything you can imagine to sexual pleasure to random projects that I've been piddling out all day around the house to even brief pause to play a round of a video game to work out some aggression issues I was having in the course of this expression( more complex than you can imagine with how many emotions are actually involved, not unlike sex itself) and it's a woman that sparked all this, someone I lost touch with for years and reappeared about half a year ago and we hit it off like we did back in the day until I got real insecure and blew up on her, since then it's been a back and forth uphill downhill battle or I'm just starting to regain a foothold on the battlefield that is her mind.

The closing portion of this is to tell you the author, that yes everything you said has been heard and understood and almost completely agreed with down to the societal confusion. as I said it all started with one question to Google while I was drying off and your article just rekindled a fire within me I have been trying to reignite myself for almost 5 years, for that I thank you

Love steven 😘

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous