All Comments on 'It Didn't Work Out Ch. 09'

by -Ripley-

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Four stars. It would be five because I enjoy the writing,but it's plainly seen where this is going to end up.

tygztygzabout 10 years ago

I knew how "The Matrix" was going to end, but that didn't detract from its 5 stars, and I knew what my ice cream would taste like tonight before I indulged but that didn't detract from the delicious creamy chocolatey goodness (Alden's organic chocolate chocolate chip - find it and try it!). Some aspects of this story have been predictable, but overall it's still a top-notch novella.

Regardless, though we knew that there was trouble ahead (if you didn't, you probably couldn't count even to four), this chapter certainly has added at least a little depth to Don's character... and, I wouldn't bet my life on how this is really going to play out.

Possibilities: 1- Bridget ditches Don 2- she dumps Sian (2a- French version- Sian, despondent over her loss, commits suicide, and then Bridget realizing what she's done -her fault or no- doors do as well, and the film closes with Don drinking a glass of single malt while watching pseudo-lesbian porn) 3- Don forces Bridget to choose between them and she chooses Don because wedding vows, but then resents him so dumps him too (3a- gets back together with Sian after) 4- they all join up as a happy bipod poly group (Don<->Bridget<->Sian, no arm from Don to Sian).

4 seems really unlikely and would probably render the story title wrong, besides being probably a stupid deus ex machina at this point - there's a lack of respect (Sian thinks - tightly - that Don is stupid) and I definitely don't see a deeper friendship, let alone love, coming along there. 2 should be ruled out because of the title also (as it still worked out, for Don - he got his jollies and kept his wife). 2a pretty much violates the title....

1 I give some credence, but it's a bit obvious so I rate it lower possibility. I think that the most likely result is 3 - Don is now realizing that he's made a mistake and has wondered "if it's too late" - too late to call it off, which would mean telling Bridget to dump Sian. He really doesn't have a choice, so he's going to tell her to... the result is what's up in the air; 3a is my vote as it probably makes for the best story - conflict+resolution=excitement+happy ending without taking the easy way out.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
in my opinion

the mostly likely outcome of this menagerie du triage, will be one person, either Don or Sian, is pushed away. But I doubt the remaining pair would last together very long before they crash and burn. All three lovers desolated.

Maybe afterwards, once the anger and despair have lessened, a new pairing between Don and Bridget or Sian and Bridget may be possible. Long odds though for a successful RACC.

If these were real life people, I would hope they learn a valuable lesson about the dangers of gambling with the stability of relationships for temporary pleasure.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 8 years ago
Don wasn't an idiot, he just didn't realize the difference

I've left some pretty scathing comments on this novel in the past, but I think I know a little more about what is going on. Don had seen so much FF porn that he wanted to lean how to satisfy Bridget in bed. I truly believe that. He thought the way to satisfy her was to have her be with another woman and go through the courtship ritual so he could duplicate it. I think he felt he wasn't making love to her as he would like, at least not most of the time. Sometimes in the novel he and she truly do make love, as they get on the same plane.

It's not uncommon for one partner to love another and still feel inadequate in bed; I've done that often. I don't know that Don thought about Sian and Bridget subconsciously being in love from long before the story began, from when Bridget started working out and seeing Sian. He certainly didn't know he was being an enabler.

I also think he was compulsively letting Bridget and Sian fall further in further into love in hopes that Bridget would transfer that love to him. It was like trying to self-justify a drug habit and destroying himself in the process.

With that said, I am glad Bridget rebuilt a friendship with him. Maybe he didn't love her as much in the beginning as he did in the end.

stealthwaspstealthwaspalmost 8 years ago
Ultimatum Time

Don better force this while he still has a chance. Next time he can get a wife that loves him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user-Ripley-@-Ripley-
1309 Followers
I enjoy writing my stories and being able to share them and hear back from people about how they like them (or don't) is an important part of why I am here at Literotica. I appreciate all the kind things that people have said about my stories over the years. Even the critical ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES