All Comments on 'The Host Ch. 03'

by purpleruff

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
EtaskiEtaskiabout 10 years ago
Good month for surprises :)

I wasn't expecting a continuation of this; but I also wasn't expecting another chapter added to grey42's "Orc" this month, either. Some very nice surprises. ^_^

I enjoy military sci-fi and really like the manufactured soldiers you describe in this setting; you always touch on the very fluid aspects of self-identity ("What is human?") but don't force it into the foreground--other things are going on which just intermingles with it, because that's life and experience.

Meanwhile...an intriguing little beast. And very good femdom. This doesn't seem to me to feel final but setting up a possible arc; might you be planning another chapter, or will it be "if/as inspired"?

Welcome back!

purpleruffpurpleruffabout 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

The ethics and sociology of posthumans in general and specifically made-to-purpose sapience (like the soldiers in this series) fascinates me to to end. Both Tatiana and Yeva have been jarred from their perfect obedience, and the offspring/creature/blob (I need a consistent way to refer to this thing) may just offer them a way out...

I've been out of commission for a long while, for various (mostly unpleasant) reasons, but yes, I do think I will write at least one more in this series. Maybe two? I think this is the first time I have ever written F/F or femdom, by the way, so any specific critique along those lines is most appreciated.

mtorstanmtorstanabout 10 years ago
More please?

After 6 years browsing this site, this is the story that made me register, just to leave this comment! I really love your protagonist. She reminds me of Sgt. Calhoun in Wreck-It-Ralph, which is a very good thing according to relevent Rule 34. I would love to see you flesh out the universe a little more, maybe with some background on the corporations these people belong to, what they are fighting over, how the caste system works for natural vs. produced humans, and maybe even a little more detail about the power armor if you're up for it. Is it closer to an iron man suit, the mjolnir armor of the master chief, or the great hulking ceramasteel of an Imperial Space Marine?

I really hope you continue this series, it is one of my favorite so far!

purpleruffpurpleruffabout 10 years agoAuthor
More to come!

Thank you! I have been resisting the temptation to shirk school work for smut, but I definitely intend to write more in this series. ^_^

I do want to flesh out the setting more, but I don't want to bog down the story with exposition, either. I think it's preferable to reveal the setting a bit at a time, as the characters encounter it.

As for the battle armor...well, you caught me. I'm a mecha geek. ^_^; The "company" has many different kinds of powered exoskeletal suits, ranging from something like the MJOLNIR to MechWarrior Clan Elemental armor. Yeva's, like most of their infantry, is somewhere in the middle, and can be equipped with different weapons/plating for different missions.

Maverick574Maverick574about 10 years ago
Loved it!

Great story. I read chapter 1 a LONG time ago it seems and I hadn't been back for a while but then I got on and looked to see if there was more and lucky me there were two more chapters! =) Awesome story line!

XOXO Mav

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More please!

Please continue this story, it is excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great story

Love the setting and characters

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good story

this is a wonderful story but its seems to end with a bit of a cliffhanger, i do hope there is more to come?

Draco9881Draco9881about 7 years ago
Continue, please

This looks as though it has the potential to be as epic a story as Tefler's "Three Square Meals".

missindependencemissindependencealmost 7 years ago
In the great words of Charles Dickens...

And Oliver Twist:

"Please, sir, I want some more"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The revolution will NOT be Televised

Cool. Sexual revolution + actual revolution. Free the clone soldiers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great. I wonder what the future brings for Yeva, Tatiana and the offspring...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

write more please

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It's so good please give us more.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Please pleeeease update

wh0rruptablewh0rruptable3 months ago

Wonderfully written series. You have a definite knack for describing people and what they are experiencing in a scene. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

I really hope there is more to come. I would love to have more contact between the soldiers & the original pod or see the scientists do some more experimentation with the pod creature & other soldiers & of course themselves too.. All I know is I want more delving into the relationship of Yeva & the offsping

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous