All Comments on 'Road Trip'

by TLCgiver

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
dinkymacdinkymacabout 10 years ago
Very Nice!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A little Confused

Once again you have done well. Taking an already great story fine tuning it. I'm just wondering why the change in authors names. I found Romantic1 very talented and interesting.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 10 years ago
WOAH!

The adventures of Jim Mellon has been previously posted under Romantic1's authorship. Unless this gentleman has changed his penmane to TLCgiver, this would be a case of plagiarism.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
No Way!!!

I don't believe the Harley would have been in that condition. I had a '78 Honda CX500 and burned up the alternator or regulator by charging the battery without disconnecting it. That was in 1985. It sat in my dirt-floored barn for the next 10 years, and then in my garage for the next 17 years. It looked pristine when I aired up the tires, rolled it out and rinsed it off. The only things wrong with it was the rubber seals had dried out, and the brake fluid and oil had leaked out. There was some rust in the tank from condensed moisture, but the guy I gave it to had it running in a month - without having to do anything but replace the seals, fix the alternator, and clean and fill the tank!

Motorcycles are made to survive the elements, rain, snow, sun, and time. The only way yours would have deteriorated so badly was if it had been left sitting in the ocean surf for about 30 years!

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 10 years ago
Wonderful story

I hope you are planning to finish the entire story. I love how it integrates with the characters from your earlier stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this yarn. Looking forward to the rest of Jim's journey. I guess he needs a break to build up his stamina!! Thank you for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Still a great story...

I hope this is romantic1 using a new name. I read the stories about Jim Mellon about 6-7 months ago and have picked up on a few changes in the story.

Still a 5 and look forward to the rest of the completed story.

TLCgiverTLCgiverabout 10 years agoAuthor
It's OK.

This is Romantic1 using another pseudonym.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 10 years ago
INCREDIBLE!!!

What an awesome story...I finally had to stop at 3:05am this morning because I could not keep my eyes open, but finished when I woke up. I am so looking forward to now starting Ch. 02.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Memories

Too bad you cut out the side trip in Florida to visit "The Extended Family" of his buddy's widow after he left Kim's Florida estate and only referred to the woman he made love to in Mississippi. I missed reading those two chapters in this rewrite.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisteralmost 10 years ago
Spectacular Story!

Well written with a good story development of characters. Can't wait to keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

What a great story so far.

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
This a great...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this chapter. It's so well written. I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
And here I go Again...

I enjoyed the entire ride the first time it was posted, and now I get to experience the journey in the "new and improved" version again. This was a wonderful tale well told the first time, and I have reverted to numerous times when the daily postings were not of any real quality. Your observations and philosophy are beautifully explained, characters and personalities well-developed, emotions and feelings totally raw and totally "out there" for all to feel. I look forward to all the following chapters, and sincerely hope you will be posting some totally new tales in the future. Thank you for some outstanding work.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
A Great Story

Well told so far, engaging and engrossing. Characters you like and want to know.

My only struggle was the bit about jealousy being a learned emotion. As wonderful as that would be if it were true, strong evidence supports the idea that we humans aren't like Bonobos that way. Many of us can or could learn to manage and control our instinctual jealousy, but it is a primitive part of us we all need to deal with.

Once I reminded myself that beliefs presented in a fictional story reflect the characters and not a description of reality it was easy enough to continue.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 9 years ago
I liked this chapter especially since it mentioned that awesome little city...

El Dorado, Arkansas where I was born over 77 years ago. Go El Dorado!!!

Great story, my second read.

m00nd0g1104m00nd0g1104almost 9 years ago
Great read! Thank you.

Totally enjoyed this and can't wait for the rest.

Tennisbum27Tennisbum27almost 9 years ago
Jack Reacher look out!

Jim Mellon is Jack Reacher....but with a lot more (and really good!) sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
GREAT NOVEL; AND, WORTH EVERY MOMENT OF TIME READING IT

Author: thank you for giving us such a wonderful reading adventure. Plus, it's like Christmas Day to learn your novel continues with Crystal Clear! Thank you for your amazing work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
incredible!

a big five-star reward! I found and read "Crystal Clear" before I (finally) found this. This is less "excessive" than Crystal Clear and much more reality and true emotions. Yes, I agree with previous comments on "learned jealousy" - even my other dogs are jealous when I express my love for just one of them, so we know it is "instinct". That does not mean that we cannot learn to deal with our jealousy and possesive feelings differently....

SteveWallaceSteveWallaceabout 8 years ago
About the shape the motorcycle was in when Jim restored it ...

... Dillon is a suburb of Boston, and therefore near salt water and salty air. I've seen that air time and again do in chrome and other metal finishes guaranteed for life. Additionally, riding in the spring one also finds copious amounts of salt still on the roads that get spread around with only a little moisture and effort. The rotting away of chrome and seals might be excessive as stated, but certainly the possibility is there. {By author Romantic1 aka Steve Wallace aka Wolf aka ...)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fiction? Or fact?

Very well written. Sodden panties the whole ride

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well written but straying a bit.

I am bewildered how a journey for healing and respect for a deceased wife can turn into a sex fest and still expect the reader to see any passion other than sexual. It simply leads one to expect another state and another chick fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It has been a long time...

Unlike some of your readers, I remember the original story as it was released one chapter at a time. Then I had to wait patiently for the next installment. Glad to see it again and I am enjoying re-reading the story, one of my top 5 favorites on this site. Welcome back.

JusticeMonkJusticeMonkabout 7 years ago
Beautiful and erotic

What a beautiful story of love, self-discovery,... and sex. I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful

This one of the best on the site. Great job! Im so happy to discover it after reading so many and hoping more were out there to find.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyalmost 6 years ago
I have a question that hasn't been asked....

I'm part way through reading this but it's bothering me now, Jim hadn't seen Trish since Bob and Trish's wedding but they got married two years before he met him at college. How did he attend Bob and Trish's wedding before he knew Bob? How did he not meet up with Trish whilst knowing Bob all through college?

I'm on page 6 but I'm trying to assemble the timeline in my head, he went to college for at least 3 years so didn't go into the military until 21, was in for 8 years, 9 months on crutches and 1 year of physiotherapy for his knee and then 8 years with Karen. A further 6 months after her death puts him at least around the 38-39 years mark. With Bob and Trish marrying about 22 years earlier. How the hell do you not see the wife of a friend for 22 years even while going to college with him during that time and why does he talk about it being only 10 years or so? It's confusing.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyalmost 6 years ago
Firstly...

I rated this 5 stars because I really like story, it's engaging and interesting. It deals with romantic concepts that don't necessarily gel with my narrow minded morality but I'm trying to broaden my horizons even if only in fiction.

Secondly, though as in my previous comment, there are problems with the timeline throughout the story, instances where differing values are given within the story. It's jarring and removes me from the story while I think about it and scan back through the story to corroborate my memory.

Thirdly, while it's quite well written, the dialogue (in my opinion) is the weakest part, often overlooked and summarised in narration. There is very little opportunity for the reader to get sucked into the story as it gets truncated and summed up in a modest paragraph. It may be just my personal preference for long drawn out stories but I really think the story could be improved with more attention paid to the character interactions and their conversations, rather than a short summation of their goings on.

Lastly, I've known a number of ex-military personnel (mostly British) in my time, some special forces and I can tell you one thing I've learned about them, they never introduce themselves to people by telling them they were in the special forces. They might say they were 'in the military' but it takes a fair amount of trust before they reveal what they were up to during their service. So having Jim tell people at the drop of a hat that he was 'special forces' and "saw some serious action" just reeks of bravado and doesn't seem true to life, especially given his humble nature. Most ex-military personnel are quite secure in themselves, don't need to brag, and generally don't reveal they are ex-military unless pushed, at least in my experience.

That all being said I'm enjoying the story. Keep up the good work.

goducks1goducks1over 5 years ago
really a great story

well-written, fun, and very erotic. one of the best on the site. i can't wait to read the next chapter.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Gee

Wow. I thought something seemed off about his marriage to Karen. I thought to start with she was a closet lesbian because of her phone sex with her sister. But just having started p10 it seemed she was just a liar and used him for whatever reason she had.

Shame the character died to create a reason for the story, but seems he is well rid of her and the sham of a marriage. Did dhe ever tell the truth to him? Whenever he finds out something it is new to him about her character.

How the hell could a partnership be based upon the lies of one. Glad he gets a chance to find some 'true' love in his life.

Poor guy.

Ps. Your writing and storytelling is one of the best. Making me see the tale as it unfolds. Looking forward to how he finds someone/s special who can be truthful towards him.

argeelogargeelogabout 5 years ago
The best

You are in the top 5 best writers on this site. Thanks for that. Wish you were still here.

rapperbsrapperbsabout 5 years ago
Still Writing

This author still writes under the name SteveWallace on this site, enjoy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Loved your story. Keep it up!

Loved your story. Keep it up!

ChemalkaChemalkaover 2 years ago

Loving the story and looking forward to reading the other chapters. Like UltimateHomeBody, I too am somewhat confused about the Karen character. It is stated that she did not want to scare Jim away by revealing her history too soon, yet she does nothing to slowly bringing him aroud to different viewpoint. She was in a poly relationship, but only wanted vanilla sex with Jim. She even stated to him that she did not enjoy oral - while at the same time cheating on him with (at least) Lauren. Essentially, the ’love of his life’ lied about her poly status when they met, cheated on him while they dated (off again on again where she went back to her poly), cheated while they were married and was oversexed but only wanted him as a one shot twice a week? I really hope this clears up in later chapters.

suthrnbadboysuthrnbadboyover 2 years ago

Awesome story!! 5Stars

Loves this story! If it's not a true recollection of your life you have spent time researching places and events. The Alabama part is pretty close to accurate. I'm a retired deputy sheriff who lives about 10 miles from the Forkland Bike Rally. The details you gave of the rally are very accurate. I have worked the rally on several occasions. Reading this brought back a lot of memories for me. The bikes, the bikers and the babes. Oh the babes! Keep up the great story. Loving all you work!

shineovermoonshineovermoonover 2 years ago

Not much into novels but this story is very addictive to keep reading. Enjoyed and looking forward to reading the next.

kuu123kuu123about 2 years ago

Enjoyed this very much but really needed another check before release. So many times you repeated information in different way just 1-2 paragraphs later...

MMOerMMOerover 1 year ago

I've been reading this story little by little over the past few months. I'm only on page 20 but I had to stop any say how much I'm enjoying it. The proportions of non-sexual suspense and sexual encounters is ideal for my taste!

CannaBusCannaBusover 1 year ago

There aren't enough stars. This needs to be a movie.

Marklynda2Marklynda2over 1 year ago

Fabulous start to what promises to be a great series. So many fantasies and tantric sex techniques too. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TulipfuzzTulipfuzz4 months ago

Wel done TLC. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Fantastic story, you can really write. Thank you for sharing your talents!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous