All Comments on 'A Gift From His Father Ch. 17'

by Absolutelywickedthoughts

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Fantasyic as always!

Love it! Don't make us wait so long next time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Very nice!

I like this story A LOT!

Please don't keep us waiting too long for the next chapter!

C_frommnC_frommnabout 10 years ago
Very Good

Addition to the story line now as to the other Rings. when will they make them selves known and can more then one Ring be controlled by one individual.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Loved it!

Will Rachel decide to remain a BIMBO? Will Candace leave nursing? Can't wait to find out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for the list of characters. It is really useful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good Story

Have enjoyed the story and hope you continue but please, please find a proof reader. The grammar is atrocious. Every paragraph in all 17 chapters has several errors which makes it difficult to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

oh please chapters need to find out if there is going to be more battles for the rest of the rings

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
very bet good...

#youneedtocontinue

posidousposidousalmost 10 years ago
geographic lessons.

Story is very good, but you need geographic lessons. Mountain View aint got no "open" space and Modesto is about 2 hours from Mountain View, on a clear night and everyone is asleep otherwise about 3 hours. Mountain on south end of the Bay peninsula, next door to Santa Clara and San Jose. Traffic like LA.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great, but.....

Great story with its twists and turns. You are a gifted story teller. Keep the story going as long as you can maintain it at this level.

That's what makes it so frustrating to read your work. I want to read it as quickly as I can to learn where the story is going but keep running into brick walls that stop me because I have to figure out what it was that you really meant to say. Sometimes I have to reread the previous sentence or even paragraph to do so.

This detracts from the experience since at times it feels like a real chore which reading for pleasure should never be.

Also, a minor point but there was a little too much repetition of the plot and character's background in this chapter especially in light of the much appreciated Dramatis Personæ given at the end.

I don't want you to discouraged by the negative comments about your grammar and word usage but if you take steps (an editor or English composition course) to correct them you'll stop the comments and make your readers' experience much more pleasant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
MORE!!!

More Please!!! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

When may we get new chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good read look forward to more

Please Please proof read your work. I did enjoy the read look forward to more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sextreemee....!

That was awesome...... but only draw back is you take awfully long time to post the next installment. people are waiting for your posting with dick in their hands... buck up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very good read

Gifted writer. Very interning story line. Like to read much more, a novel even

AbsolutelywickedthoughtsAbsolutelywickedthoughtsalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Sorry for the long wait!

I have just posted the Chapter 18. I had a few personal issues to resolve that interfered with the creative process. I hope you enjoy. It will likely post in the next few days.

jott50jott50over 9 years ago
i liked it!!! very much!!!

very engaging tale you have going here. although very long, i cant imagine where you might shorten it. also you have created so many splinters that, in my opinion, you could keep these threads alive for 50 or more chapters...i too have noticed the spelling,language errors but i don't think that they have detracted from the story as a whole. but then again, i'm not a spelling or language nazi...

verysadboyverysadboyover 9 years ago
Dick slaps her face while they are kissing?

His cock must be very long or he is a contortionist.

MuledriverMuledriverabout 9 years ago
The bank president......

I am just now reading everything in order since I just found your story. Now to the topic: The Bank President (vice president, which ever) Mike Adams. I do not recall that particular thread being wrapped up and Adams being fired, or what ever was done. I have read everything up to this point in just a couple of days. It is possible that I missed it, but I don't remember it. I only mention Adams, because, he was listed in you players roundup at the end of the chapter, and I occasionally wonder when you will return to finish that thread.

Now to pile on a bit. :( Looking at the posting time line, you have had nearly two years writing this awesome story. I have seen some small improvements in the spelling and grammar. Please (if you haven't already) get some editing help, you have had many offers. If you have some, you may wish to find either a different editor, or more editors. They are not catching as much as they should. I hope to see more polish with this great story in the future.

I am not too concerned with how fast you post new chapters in your story. I understand that ideas and writing takes time. I am reading another series that gets a new chapter about once a month that is about 15 pages. lol She has a LOT of editing help and I rarely stumble across grammatical errors.

Love the story, keep it up. :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
dumb

during fight with Chance, John has buried him under a partially collapsed house.

Instead of leaving him there John goes and digs him out giving Chance another opportunity to win the fight.

Despite Elizabeth's belated explanation of what went down on the island, it is inexscusable that she did not fully brief John ahead of time and deliberately let him walk into a trap where he could have been killed. This, in itself, is a betrayal of

Master and a huge gap in the logic of the story -- then John is portrayed as being too dumb to see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bank Teller?

You list the bank teller in your character sheet but you haven't shown him getting his justice yet.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

Continues with many tenses' problems, many wrong or misspelled words, ... a good English-speaking proofreader and a story editor (for continuity and to keep 'dumb' errors to a minimum) might be a good idea, as this tale is growing, ... still liking this story, and daydreaming about what I might do with such power, before I was then trapped inside the ring's limbo space (oopsy). Very creative! ;-) TTFN

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous