All Comments on 'Edge of Reason Ch. 02'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
tygztygzabout 10 years ago

Damn you for that last paragraph, but this has been quite the tour de force so how can I really complain?

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Two Minds

On one hand, whatever verdict you chose would have been blasted by those who disagreed with you.

On the other hand, this is YOUR story, it should have the ending that YOU believe in.

mab4664mab4664about 10 years ago
Wow!

What an incredible story! I have to admit, I do wish that you would have ended it yourself. Yes, I understand that either way would cause dissension. I love all your Heather stories. I couldn't help but be amused by the name of the yacht being Norah. This could also easily be rolled into a third chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
wow.

I find your writing to be spectacular. Your stories are always so well done. I hope you continue Heather's story. The character development has been phenomenal- please continue her story, be it a continuation of previous cases, or something new.

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesabout 10 years ago
Courtroom Goodness

Your courtroom dialog and opening/closing arguments are excellent. Top notch writing for those. Always nice to be able to hear a character speak in your head when you're reading and it sounds like legit speech - a talent not every writer can master.

Some other tasty little nuggets I enjoyed:

I enjoyed the use of the word 'crucifix' vicariously through its inclusion *this* story, since it had to be taken out of another. ;)

I like the timely references: the situation in Ukraine, Stephen Colbert, use of social media for propaganda, including the naming out of specific platforms. This really gives the story a flavor of currency that helps a reader place themselves somewhere in relation to where they might stand in the plot if it were real.

"...my butler, Gerard..." - I see what you did there. Lest it go unnoticed.

Great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

What happened to heather and Natasha...awwww i am emotionally drained reading this LA.... cant wait to see who enters heathers life. Moreee pls...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
By far the Best

This story has been the best I have read here so far. I have to agree with the previous comment, your use of current events made the story so much more relatable/real and thus more enjoyable. I love the character development and would like to read more about Heather. The theme of Power vs Humanity is always fascinating. Please wright more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

You are a woman LARASCASSE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
simply rocks!

If it happens that you`re a lawyer undoubtedly i`ll entrust my life with you.the rebuttal in court was very interesting and realistic.keep up the good work and i`m hoping to read the next chapter soon.(cinder)

verbicideverbicidealmost 10 years ago
What happened to Heather?

I gave the story 5 stars, because as usual, it was excellently composed. That being said, I felt upon reading it that Heather's characterization underwent a not-so-subtle shift that felt a bit contrived. After all, everything that happened validated what she has believed in every previous story, which is: the facts don't matter. Truth doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is how you tell the lie. In the end, Natasha's guilt or innocence is irrelevant, because no matter how sympathetic her plight might be, the underlying message is the same...the world is a dirty, irredeemable place and only dirty, irredeemable people succeed. Given this, I wouldn't expect the gushy softness that revealed itself. Personally, I would have expected her to be more cynical than ever, since even this, her "shot at redemption" is tainted with the same foul actions and intentions as her defense of corporate rapists and mob bosses.

CPBaudelaireCPBaudelairealmost 10 years ago
Well done...

I'm of two minds on this story. First and foremost, it is particularly well written and plotted, with a compelling story and interesting characters. The reader is rapidly pulled into the narrative and becomes invested in the characters immediately. The story has tons of drama and the pacing and plot development demands you to move forward and care about what happens.

This is both a strength and a weakness at the same time. The sex scenes are well crafted and have real "pop" to them, taken in a vacuum, but the overall story arc is so compelling that the juicy bits actually lose a bit of their charge, against the backdrop of the court case and all of the behind-the-scenes manipulations and propagandizing. I wouldn't say they're a distraction, but the rest of the work is so strong that I think it's nearly impossible to create enough erotic tension to balance with the rest of the plot (how's that for a back-handed compliment?)

In any event, this is a five star effort and my criticisms should be taken in the context of trying to elevate the work from excellent to fantastic.

I think this is some of your best work to date.

NotYourAverageRomeo24NotYourAverageRomeo24almost 10 years ago
5 Stars

I loved both parts of this story very well written you are extremely talented

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The best work on literotica

Hats off. The best work I've read on this site. I've myself written a courtroom drama and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
edge of seat

I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter praying that she is found NOT GUILTY. And that Heather actually feels emotions where she has not previously

WerewolfEnthusiastWerewolfEnthusiastabout 9 years ago
Dilemma

In one mind set I would say not guilty due to temporary insanity where her and heather remain friends if partners aren't in the stars and natasha gets the help she needs via counciling I can imagine her having more children but believe it'd be with another female and they either do invitro or adopt ; on the other I would state guilty with a 2-5year sentence in minimum security with parol a possibilty at a very early stage where she would have counciling to deal with her grief because i dont believe she has. I love your stories though gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
FUCK U ALL WRITERS

U all are d same , tease us with the highlights of ur work then none... Leaving readers to keep waiting ... U are all bullshit... U just don't know the "thrilling monster" u built within us. FUCK U, but i like d way story runs here... FINE!! THANK U, k? U got me hook up in one sitting and made me forgot my meeting. Im fucked up now, happy? So u better finish this, please??

elusiouselusiousabout 9 years ago

A terrific, gripping story. In my mind the verdict is not guilty. I can see how leaving the verdict to the readers is both intriguing and helpful. We choose what suits us best, and it also alleviates the challenge of how to end a story with great characters that really could go on forever. Your writing is superb, a great blend of storyline with the perfect amount of sex. All in all, totally satisfying. Thank you for coming up with this wonderful journey for us readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Brilliant

In life we believe what we want to believe, in regards to the law our belief can depend on the side we are on, and even the emotions it conjures up within us. A lot of readers will make their ending not guilty - as will I, but those that say guilty, so what, our choices and our beliefs have to be our own. Hope you write another gripping story.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 8 years ago
Wtf, Anon?

Wow. I don't think I've ever read a more ignorant, hateful, trolling comment on Lit. Not sure what "fag" has to do with anything. I suspect this is the same person who sent me ridiculous and mean feedback for one of my lesbian stories. I pray he gets the help and love I suspect he desperately needs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Outstanding

an amazing story very touching and loved the imagery you use. please continue this series or write another story because you are great.

lesbearlesbearover 8 years ago

It's hard to believe that this is the end of Heather's journey. Characters like her don't leave the mind readilly. I hope she will be back.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 8 years ago
Keep Going

Heather is a fantastic character. She is worthy of a novel.

ZenimoZenimoover 8 years ago
Thank you

Heather is a very well-drawn character with real emotional depth - I've enjoyed getting to know her. Interesting plot and a compelling narrative, particularly the courtroom episodes, slightly overshadowed the sex for me but not enough to unbalance the whole story. Congratulations.

engineerireengineerireabout 8 years ago
what a shame

Heather is one of the most well-drawn characters on the site. It's a shame that you haven't continued with her.

HeisenhugHeisenhugalmost 8 years ago

It is the clear and unchallenged legal position that a jury cannot be punished for the verdict they return. In such a case as this, their question should be what the DA failed to answer correctly: is it in the best interests of public good to punish this woman for her crime.

That's a damn hard question to answer, but I think I would sleep better at night with the message sent by "not guilty".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Heather

Heather is an amazingly appealing character and the story it's self and well thought out and captivating at the least I'd love to read more on it ... A sequel perhaps after the trial. Heather dealing with her emotional state coming to terms with her love for Natasha. And the inner turmoil she has with her past indiscretions as DA

Is she deserving of love after all she has done ? Please continue this !!!

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
Amazing!

An amazing and wonderful story that's so well put together from beginning to end! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Amazing story & characters.

The follow up must revolve around heather and dealing with the outcome of the trial & her past lost loves.

Mayb she goes down hill b4 finding a true love once again..

But.... love your stories & heather.

Thanks

Pls hurry

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Literature

You have drawn an amazingly interesting and complex character in Heather Franklin. Then gave her a really good story to exist within. I don't find a story of this caliber here very often. There are some rare jewels to be found for sure and this tale is certainly one of them. Thank you.

AC_PandorraAC_Pandorraalmost 7 years ago
Enjoyed the ride

I loved this story a lot. It makes me think a lot about my own morals now. Does a good cause excuse dirty deeds? Eye for an eye? Really? Wouldn't it leave everyone blind?

Wasn't it meant to set punishment to an acceptable level? Words spoken at a time where death penalty and horrific tortures were applied for rather little crimes? Is Christianity not much more about forgiveness than revenge? Just some thought you evoked right now and I am thankful for this impulse.

The dystrophy you paint is solid. It remains the same bitterness during all your work. But I like it as much as a hot chocolate after a walk through a snowy landscape. It revives and through its bitterness, it makes me feel the slight notes of sweetness and let them appear much more intense.

As susual, you manage to move me with your writing and this for me is most important. It could be as logical and accurate as imaginable - as long as it does not touch me it remains just words. You know the spell how to make words come to live. At least as far as I am concerned. Thank you for another entertaining and inspiring read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WOW!

One of the best stories I have ever read. Thank You!

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
NOT GUILTY ...............

It always amazes me that those throughout the world who screw up the paperwork for the most heinous criminals which result in acquittal are not themselves fired or even jailed in extreme cases.

Your story is definitely one for the 21st century.

I don't think there is a single person who would have given a NOT guilty verdict.

It was said eons ago that we should kill all the lawyers .......... a sentiment I whole heartedly agree with, as Im sure many others do.

No country has a flawless or even good working legal system, because laws are made by politicians and bankers ........ that's why very very few went to jail or had their assets stripped after 2008.

Maybe laws should ALL be repealed and started from scratch, and while new and simplified laws are put in place, victims and their families should be exempt for getting justice in certain cases.

As always, a great story.

Thank you for taking the time to write and share it with us all.

SwifthawkSwifthawkover 5 years ago
Not Guilty

That said, for me this story wasn’t about the verdict of this case, but about Heather. I took your advice and read the other stories involving her and have become quite attached to the character I can’t fully explain why, but I stumbled accross her story’and really identify with her and would like to see where she winds up in life.

I’m going to take the time to peruse your other works, as I think you are a fantastic author, but as far as I can tell this is the last we have seen of Heather. At least in the lesbian section as if memory serves this is the last one submitted. It’ll be 2019 soon and I hope you get the seven year itch, return and continue Heather’s story. It would be interesting to see how she grows.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading more from you. :)

CharmlesCharmlesabout 5 years ago
Favourited!

Yes this has to be a favourite... and you gave me a shock by ending it. Thats ok though..I Can Live with not knowing the verdict... I'm more interested in what happens with Natasha and Heather after the verdict.. Yeah and the "problem fixer"!!!

AngieLightHeart0AngieLightHeart0almost 4 years ago
...

Such a powerful and emotional story. Try as I might I cried a few times. Amazing how you did this story that made it so lifelike. The subject of the case was heartbreaking to say the least. This is a story that will never be forgotten.

I assume Natasha would be set free. Not saying this because she's one of the main characters but with how people cried in the court, including the jury and how it affected so many people around the world. I like happy endings and for this I say she was released.

Thank you for writing this story no matter how hard it was to read. Not many stories make you realise what people go through in loss such as this and many others.

KotopoofsKotopoofsabout 3 years ago

Amazing story. I teared up a bit.

As for the verdict, I have to agree with Seth's argument. Sure, I wanted Natasha to be set free, but she killed him without temporary insanity. That's the cold, hard truth. Just as the sky is blue and 1 + 1 = 2, Natasha is guilty. Still, a life sentence would've been too harsh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for another great story, the sex is great but it is incidental to the incredible emotion of the main story which yet again you tell so well. I started with your Kosovo story and they have all been brilliant but strong warning, detail that make them very hard to read. Oh and by the way, not guilty!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I am not this writer. My stories are not as good.

BUT...

At least I finished my stories.

Leaving the reader hanging seems, to me, a cheap and mean way to treat devotion to the story, the character. I feel cheated.

I despise male writers who believe they have the right to write lesbian characters in the first person; I ask myself what they can know of how we feel and react, when they can only acquire this detail second-hand from others or imagining it themselves - guys, imagine for yourself the pain and discomfort of being on the receiving end of virgin anal sex, yet male writers happily describe the pleasure of being buggered for the first time, usually unlubricated, from the female point of view having never tried it for themselves. Yes, I know, it is fiction but even so...

This writer does a good job. I have ignored my own feelings about men writing lesbian tales. But then a good story I felt invested in was left unfini-

See? Not good, is it.

Lexi

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 1 year ago

Not Guilty!

I think she was temporarily insane, losing a child especially in such a horrific way would break any mother. Insanity comes in many different forms. If she was in her right mind, at least she would have kept control of the gun or disposed of it unnoticed. It was only when she was arrested, that she snapped out of her fugue.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy3 months ago

An absolutely extraordinary story ..... You have taken on a subject that is full of dreadful, depraved, disgusting, deeply human disgust .... You have managed to conjure up a dramatic work of writing that is deeply moving .... Only the ending doesn't fit, since it wasn't about Natasha or Heather but Cody, so the verdict would have been a definite MUST ..... Too bad

But it's still five stars and maybe there will be an epilogue, not maybe you should write this

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨☘️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
1132 Followers
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES