All Comments on 'Spider'

by demure101

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
greenmountaineergreenmountaineerabout 10 years ago

My favorite among your submissions today. "Spider" can mean many dark side things, can't it?

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerabout 10 years ago
PS

iron filings drawn /by a strong magnet – they will come to look,

Is outstanding because it says so much.

CleardaynowCleardaynowabout 10 years ago
Very strong

Powerful imagery and metaphor. A little different from your other two today. Works very well and gives a lovely lurching feeling as one reads on. I do not think it is (or needs to be) clear what the spider is a metaphor for. Very strong.

Now I am not someone who likes being unpleasantly pedantic and picky on small inconsequential details. Of course not. But.

Do spiders and their webs actually operate as in your metaphor? I did not think the web drew them further in towards the centre along the wires – they just sort of stuck when they hit. Also, I thought the only reason the spider cut them loose was if they were too big & their struggles would destroy the web. If she did not need the food, she just wrapped them up & saved them for later – rather as with Frodo in the Lord of the Rings. Who cares.

DawnJDawnJabout 10 years ago
"Come into my parlour...

said the spider to the fly." :) So many ways to read the web that traps unwary prey.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
OVER SATIATION

allows others to dine, TK U MLJ LV NV

Ashesh9Ashesh9about 10 years ago
Inexorable Nemesis /

Hubris call it what you will-----" certain most of them will come again ......??!!!"

Chillin' , horrific destiny --- a tour de force , Dem !!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous