All Comments on 'It Was a Time of War'

by magichands

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Sucks

This is a nasty little story ... full of hate. I have no problems with fantasies about sexual force, but to rape a woman just because she advocated peace? And completely unerotic

BlackdollsBlackdollsabout 15 years ago
Good Story

I gave you a 100 for taking down a bitch that had it coming! Spit on a man just doing a damn job he didn't even ask for!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good story

I liked it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Two comments, one on the story and one on the oldest comment. I am a Vietnam vet, enlisted at age 17 right out of high school, three years active, then 29 in the Army Reserve. In Vietnam, in 1970, I was with the 173rd Airborne Brigade at LZ English, on the coastal plain in II Corps, about 40 miles north of Qui Nhon.

This is a good try, but I doubt the author served or did anything like described. It starts with getting a letter from the draft board saying you were being drafted into the Marines. The Marines, after WWII, did not have draftees per se. There were some cases during Vietnam when, at the induction station, a fraction of the draftees for that day were told they were going to the marines. But this was rare. Second, while the Marines had special units similar to army rangers, the use of the term "special forces" within the Marines just screams "fiction". And there are lots of other small details that just sound off.

I have the bigger beef with the comment "just because she advocated peace." Spitting on someone is not "advocating peace." Now the whole thing of returning Viet vets getting spit on in airports is about 99 percent myths. I know a lot of Vietnam vets and never met one to whom this happened. Virtually all U.S. airports banned political demonstrations, even one individual holding up a sign other than one welcoming someone home. So some individuals may have abused returning vets, but it was isolated. (There were organized demonstrations outside the gates of some military installations where GIs were "released from active duty" for most or "discharged" for those who had more than six years in.)

I have a bigger beef

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous