All Comments on 'Art of Erotica'

by Quint

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
two thumbs up

I enjoyed reading this a lot, except of those two paragraphs about the rape.

I was nearly raped once, so it wasn't really helpful.

Still, it was a pleasure.

Good job.

rodders59rodders59about 20 years ago
How not to write copy like a shopping list!

Excellent advice here, I can recommend that one uses some of ones experiences to add spice (or preferably sex!) to your stories

Enjoyed this thanks,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
rotflmao

How To? How Fun! How True!

honeypennyhoneypennyalmost 20 years ago
Fun to Read

Most how-to stories are boring to read...Yours however kept me around to the end...and....I actually learned something!! Thanks!!

CuriTabCuriTabover 19 years ago
Informing

I'm attempting to put words to the fantasies that have been swirling around my head for a while. I definitely learned from this How-To. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
very informative...

very informative, and easy to read,too.

tessiatessiaover 19 years ago
Great Advice

Thank you,my husband has been wanting me to put some of the things we do into stories.With this how to book *S* I can. Thanks

tessia

natural_indigonatural_indigoabout 19 years ago
Right on!

Finally someone who shows how instead of telling about it. Rock on!

katiemb67katiemb67over 18 years ago
Wonderfully informative

Thank you so much for putting your suggestions into a fluid, descriptive manner. I found it both engaging and informative. I loved the interjection of your sense of humor. After reading I am more confident about the tactics I use in my writing. It was great to enjoy reading something that was also very instructive. Thanks for taking the time to put those thoughts into words.

Tom CollinsTom Collinsover 18 years ago
Here's another

I really don;t like this one...fuck muscle...PLEASE, people, at least try to use the imagination that you should have been born with.

The_Moon_GardensThe_Moon_Gardensalmost 18 years ago
Dude.

This was HILARIOUS! (how do I add this into my favorites?)

All the advice was stellar-- I recall people in the RP world trying to tell new role players to do exactly this-- if only they were equipped with this handy little guide, maybe it would have turned off less of the new people who actually had a lot of creative potential!

I have to admit, the martial arts part was hilarious. It would probably give good leeway to how she could contract her vagina muscles to the diameter of a pinhead or something. lmfao

And of course, the grocery list is never as fun-- I myself appeal more to emotion in writing, but that's because I'm a sap. But all of the writing was effective, even the conversational language used to tailor all your paragraphs. I just took a blind shot at reading it and didn't expect very much, until I found myself finishing the actual manual!

It was great! I think I'm going to go read more pieces by you. This was really helpful. I hope you write more of these, because it doesn't just apply to writing erotica, it applies to EVERYTHING! I even have this saved in a new document to refer to whenever I need to.

thanks, Quint.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great teacher

You've obviously done this before & this is AWESOME! I totally agree with everything you said & I love that you used humor to get your point across. (As an aside, I noticed that you forgot some commas: "...how you, the author, can make...".) signed, a new volunteer editor ;-)

AmberLaceAmberLaceover 16 years ago
Great Advice

I think you gave some expert knowledge on the Art of Erotica and I myself have been researching how to write and keep my readers captivated. I would love anymore advice you can give to and intermmediate writer of 14 yrs who has not been published. I know my writing is good and turns people on because of the reviews I get and now I want to take the next step which is publication, but I'm scared? Any suggestions? It seems like really know about this. Thank you for your inspiration.

Mz_minxMz_minxover 15 years ago
Very well written!

What a fab How To! I learnt a little something new, about fleshing out sex scenes and I had a giggle too, again I say it was very well written. Thank you.

lindtchillilindtchilliover 15 years ago
Laughing and nodding

Great advice and a healthy dose of wit - excellent!

Mustang_DreamsMustang_Dreamsabout 14 years ago
This should be

Required reading. Thanks for posting it.

VegasValentineVegasValentineabout 13 years ago

This was amazing. At first I was distracted by how neat your paragraphs looked, which is kinda of strange for me to notice but oh well!

I loved the whole thing, it was very instructional and I am totally bookmarking this for reference!

shoeslayershoeslayerover 12 years ago
Good stuff here!

Hello Quint,

Your article is what I need to keep

in mind when writing erotic stories.

I get a very nice comment at times

but not often enough and I am working

on that. You are doing what I have to

learn.

Thanks for writing a great article.

Dennis_St_JohnDennis_St_Johnover 11 years ago
Erotica

I agree with everything you wrote. I tend to be a little disappointed that more writers on here don't follow your advice, few have any decent lead in or set up, and few really bother to give you any insight to the characters feeling and/or motivations for doing whatever it is they are doing. (lol) Sometimes it’s a lot more interesting in how they got to the 'good bits' rather than the good bits themselves, as by the time you get there you are ready for it. Like sex, foreplay is good. Great read. Thank you

d360d360over 11 years ago
Thank You...

Dear Clint,

There's lots of great advice here. Thank You for sharing it with U/us.

Sincerely,

d

d360d360over 11 years ago
My Most Humble Apologies...

Forgive me, Quint, for screwing up Your name. i'm gonna blame it on it being so late in the night here, and it's close to my bedtime....yes, that's my story.:)

Again, i do sincerely, apologize.

truly,

d

CortexStimCortexStimabout 11 years ago
Negative Space

What's amazing to me, aside from the brilliance of your How To posts, is their brevity. Somehow, Quint, you packed a master class in writing erotica into less than 10 pages.

Bravo, and I hope you write more essays like this!

erosgodscribeerosgodscribealmost 8 years ago
Appreciate the pointers

I'm submitting my first public story soon, and enjoyed reading your pointers. I've been a creative writer for years, but I want to take the details in my mind and effectively articulate them in writing in such a way that like-minded readers will feel what I feel. This post helped me flesh out a few portions of my story. Let me know what you think--I'll hopefully post by the end of next week.

HBuffHBuffalmost 2 years ago

Very interesting, thank you! It boils down to making it all as vivid as possible for the reader! When I write, I always have a clear picture of what's happening and what the characters are experiencing. It's all a matter of enabling the readers to share my fantasy. And that's up to me!

SmallbirdsSmallbirdsover 1 year ago

This is very helpful. I am about to submit my first erotic story. At the same time I am writing an evaluation for a colleagues review. After reading this it is going to be a review to remember.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wow! Groupies.

fainting_goatfainting_goatabout 2 months ago

Good advice for the inexperienced and individuals new to writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous