All Comments on 'Hard Hats Ch. 03'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
patientleepatientleealmost 10 years ago
So what's next?

My son went as a construction worker for Halloween a couple of years ago. He may have chosen differently if he had read this!

Great series. There should be a series like this for each profession so authors can get it right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Well that was just silly

Get a real job. Signed - A General Contractor

The_Misplaced_GypsyThe_Misplaced_Gypsyalmost 10 years ago
Mr/Mrs Get a real job. Signed - A General Contractor

Normally I do not comment on my husband's stories because it will get him unwanted attention since I do not filter myself when I see someone being a complete tit, but for you I will make an exception.

Suck it up princess! My husband has a real job. He has been a commercial brick/block mason for 26 years now. He has dealt with a many of the different ASSpects of the job. He is a foreman and a masonry restoration specialist and actually gets his hands dirty when on the job unlike some of the princesses out there. So get over yourself, have a coke and a smile.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
true words

Life is hard for us hard hats and even harder when you work as a hard hat in a foreign country.Makes me happy that someone so high in my work field knows what we go through.My greatest respects

sinfuldeedssinfuldeedsover 9 years ago

I read all three of the hard hat series, and now I want to write a story involving a construction guy. Correctly of close.

acupacupover 9 years ago
And that's the non-union jobs...

Add a whole new layer in there with the 'union rep' also known as the work speed controller.

Picture this. a company has put a bid in on the work, but problems from outside their field can be tacked on as addition labor. Things are going along and real progress is being made, the job might actually finish on time. But a few of the guys really want some over time before Christmas. So a problem develops in the supply chain some where and the 'union rep' comes around telling the guys there is a supply problem.

Do they keep working and then take a day off? HELL NO! That's where a job that should take an hour or so to complete mysteriously takes three, even if there is another trade waiting on them to finish so he can get home in time to take his wife out for their anniversary. 'TOUGH LUCK ASS HOLE... NOT MY PROBLEM'

Wolfie2UWolfie2Uover 8 years ago
Read all Three,all true

Glad Im finished with construction. Well, sort of. My wife is my boss now. She knows everything about design and construction since she watches all the reno shows.Now the expert.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEabout 8 years ago
Most !!!

No matter what you do for a living most bosses are Assholes. They have a shitty day (or night) and they take it out on YOU. I worked for a major gas turbine manufacturer and the bosses always bitched about our production numbers not being high enough ( I was a machinist ) just before I retired I finally had enough of their shit and told them that if they wanted more production to knock off the Fucking meetings that if they wanted to tell me something to send me an email or send a flunky to talk to me while my machine was in motion but knock off the silly assed Fucking meetings which ate up 20 to 30 hours of production time per month ( times 500 or 600 ) people Needless to say this went over like a lead balloon. It seems that they needed the meetings to justify their jobs. Well I'm now retired so FUCK'EM !!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous