All Comments on 'A Gilded Cage Ch. 02'

by puella_defututa

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
Nice second chapter

You are setting the scene well. I just hope she doesn't break too quickly.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
Brava

I like the direction you have taken-both plot and character building.

Charles is showing even more of the traits of a cold-blooded predator. Good, consistent building of his mind-set and actions. The insights to his thoughts are well done.

Aneira is also well done here. She is a realistic balance of strength/pride and bereaved practicality. Her thoughts and actions are all understandable. Fight and live to fight another day, both necessary for an strong heroine.

Then, we have a good supporting cast mix of possibly supportive, basically neutral, and possibly unlikable characters. Finally, we get a cliff hanger plot development.

A very few missed typos-the kind of thing it is difficult to see once you have read through the same passage so many times. More importantly, the writing is stronger after only one chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow! Chapter 3 please!!!

The general is such an ass! I hope Aneira (sp?) would have an opportunity to kick his sorry ass in the future! Poor girl :( that's too much humiliation even for this type of genre. Oh and I'm also happy she's staying strong. I hope that douchebag general doesn't break her spirit. More please! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Don't do the crawling thing, that's always stupid as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Digging this!

I am really enjoying this story. I really hope she one ups the General! Can't wait for chapter 3 :o)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
story

What a bastard he is. A great ruler he is not! A great ruler must be strong but also compassionate he is not. He is nothing but a sadistic, rapist, bastard. He must have really gotten off humiliating her, that is not the sign of a ruler but a brutal criminal.

tati89tati89almost 10 years ago
Great chapter two!

The story is really shaping up nicely with this chapter. The fact that the General is authoritative, cruel, and has earned his Grade A Asshole badge makes the story so much more interesting now. Also, Aneira's character development also benefitted from this chapter since she's staying strong and biding her time. Bravo! Really enjoyed the dynamics of those two in this chapter. This chapter really fleshed out both characters more.

I'm hoping that there will be some political intrigue, warring nations backstabbing, and drama aside from the "magic dick syndrome" since the last scene and the mentioning of guerilla groups gives me hope. Can't wait til the next chapter, keep it up!

SweetRapunzelSweetRapunzelalmost 10 years ago
I see now

This is not My cup of Tea, so that's it for me.

Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanalmost 10 years ago
A good but flawed story

I waited until Chapter 2 to comment. After reading chapter 2, I went back to chapter 1 and re-read it. What I've concluded so far: She was targeted by Charles. This was not a lucky find for him; one of his objectives was her capture and enslavement. But why? What are his origins? Is he an exiled nobleman? Why does he want to possess her? Your title a "gilded cage" implies a comfortable, luxurious prison, but so far for her, it's anything but that. She's been raped, beaten, humiliated, forced to crawl naked in public for all the world to see; hardly a gilded cage. Your story takes place in modern times, yet you treat her kingdom like some backwater throwback nation that doesn't even know what a helicopter is. In this day and age, I doubt other countries would allow the conquering of a sovereign nation, as we have seen in Kuwait, the Ukraine, the former Yugoslavia, etc. The public tends to treat royal families as celebrities; what kind of international outrage will he earn by parading her around naked on a leash like a pet? I thought that scene was too unbelievable. Also, if she was a princess, why didn't anyone recognize her? It can be a good story, but you have a lot of holes and inconsistencies to fill. So far, I can only give you 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Basic

Honestly there are a million stories with the exact same plot, my suggestion is to add something to make it stand out and above

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
GUILDED???

Guilded cage doesn't mean anything. Even if it's a bland, all-over-the-place story, get the title right, at least.

spearishspearishalmost 10 years ago
Suprisingly erotic

It may be that I'm just in the mood for this story but aside from a few plot holes it's actually quite erotic .I sense he actually isn't as cruel as he's trying to be .He seems almost possessive in an affectionate way sometimes .

black_maestrablack_maestraover 9 years ago
Not just me then...

As I read the story, my stomach actually began to churn with the humiliation, torture, and public rape. I want to read more I feel she will come out on top or not, just so pissed for her and I have to strongly agree with Phil. Not realistic at all. Could have gotten away with this if you made the king, her father an equally ruthless person, and the guy was enacting his form of revenge, cameras flashing and limos, too far a stretch for royalty to be treated that way. Oh well will read on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous