All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 03'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
First/ also i couldn't wait

You are a genius im liking this story as well as your others the first one i read was One in Ten which i hope it gets updated soon but take your time a work of art needs to be treated carfully, the second story i read Noxii was awsome sad that it wasnt continued but still pretty awesome, the third is The other child i loved the twist with that one, and im bearly starting The mother i never knew im on page 3 as of this comment and its awesome man you sir and your writing is like crack im always looking for my fix- A.B.

redlion75redlion75almost 10 years ago

sounds like he is getting on the good side of the younger ladies and may start to undo some of their wild ideas.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I'm liking this story

Finally something a bit different and even fun to read. The main character is too much...but you cannot help but like him...even though his present life expectancy isn't good!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

SOMEHOW, LOST YOUR e-mail ADDRESS, PLEASE CONTACT.

GUNRUNNER

Ebronco1968Ebronco1968almost 10 years ago
Aweseom Awesome Awesome

FinalStand you continue to be one of my favorite authors! Keep up the great work!

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 10 years agoAuthor
GUNRUNNER

I couldn't find your name in my e-mail accounts, or memory. If you need/want to contact me, my e-mail address is: megan1971@nc.rr.com

As for the story, I'm writing rather erratically (surprise - surprise) so I undoubtedly have Chapter 8 done and some parts of Chapter 9. I am find doing some scenes to be easy, but other ones I have trouble making work. Chapters 4 through 7 are with the editor. She is swamped right now so it may be a few days.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Writing

There are so many great stories on this site. Its wonderful to find one that also has good grammar. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story

Well written, and the story just flows. Looking forward to the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
why condoms?

Excellent writing, but please leave the condoms away.

Political correctness kills creativity!!!

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Condoms

Anyone who knows me for any length of time knows how I much I mock political correctness. Conformity sucks. It is the surrender of creativity. Cael using condoms has nothing to do with me being a slave to 'safe sex'. It has everything to do with him sleeping with over 200 women. No baby Caels. No STDs. Come on now - the guy can't say 'no' to a sexual encounter for very long at all. I never thought of him as being a poster child for anything except for being a reprehensible lech.

SweetDesire427SweetDesire427over 9 years ago
Language!

I love the pace and the vocabulary used in this series. So smart and different. Thanks and will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Curse?

So is he cursed? I mean I'm all for the arrogant sex aholic but this guy left Charlie sheen in the rear view window two chapters back. The adultery thing isn't cool either and prevents me from liking him(an adulterer is technically a manwho sleeps with a married woman.)

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Cael and infidelity

I didn't want to make an overly-sympathetic character and I decided that he was 'a great lover and a lousy boyfriend.' He would rush into a burning building to save you, but he'd sleep with your married mother too. He is not perfect by any stretch. Infidelity is not the great gift it may appear to be. Again, 'my body is a road map of poor decision-making'. He screws up and ex-girlfriends make him pay for it. He's jumped out of upper story windows, been body-waxed, chased with a red-hot fire poker, shot at, stabbed (repeatedly) and beaten. He never physically hurts a woman. He has never charged a woman with Domestic Violence because, as he says, "I'm a rather horrible person and the woman shouldn't pay for my mistakes." He is simply a serial-dater and a rather reprehensible friend if you have a woman in your life. If you chose to keep up with the story, I hope you see Cael growing over time. Thank you for the comments.

dozendozenover 9 years ago
A curious story

One little carping criticism: "I could feel my balls began " Why 'began' when it should be 'begin'? It's not the only example.

kiwiplumkiwiplumalmost 9 years ago
Great character.

I get it, fun story, I love him. Well done.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Fascinating

There is so much about your fantasy world to understand and this way is a lot more fun than an overview.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Horrible

I remember trying to read this months ago. I gave up here and now that I tried again I recall why I stopped. It's horrible, truly awful. Either you've managed to find every idiot who visits the site to vote the chapters a five or you have frantically done it yourself through proxies.

I regret wasting the time and and giving this a second chance.

Now delete this comment and hope too many people haven't read it yet.

FinalStandFinalStandover 8 years agoAuthor
Anonymous

I wish you had found my story more enjoyable. At least you gave it a second chance. I never delete comments as I feel I must accept the good with the bad. I also never vote on any of my tales. I see that as cheating. It is for the readers to judge my efforts.

Have a Happy New Year

observer7observer7over 8 years ago
Oh yeah, definitely leave that "Horrible" comment there!

(laughing) Wow, I'm definitely a dick, and I'm not reading this story, but that's some prime mean-spirited envy right there! God, imagine the way this guts twist thinking there are a lot of people enjoying the story when he can't (kind of like having a limp dick, I expect). No wonder Anonymous wants you to delete that comment! And your response, *muah* perfectly mature. Like an adult.

Hey, Anon, maybe you should have sent the feedback PRIVATELY if you just wanted to shit on a hard-working guy. But noooo, you had to paste it in public thinking it made you look good? Feh. Says a lot more about you than it does the guy who's just posting a free story people happen to enjoy. And yes, his readers are real. He's earned it. I figure you haven't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To anonymous

You're a jackass.

StormtouchedStormtouchedabout 8 years ago
To anonymous

shut up and grow a pair if you're going to insult someone add your name our I have no respect for you. This is my 3rd read and I still enjoying it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
FS, you have an amazing ...

... imagination! I enjoy this more every time I read it. Thank you.

Nthusiastic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great story every time

I've read this entire story four times so far and it is just as amazing as the first. As great as the story is, the comment section adds to the humor. Keep it up and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This is a hoot!

But I think he broke Rhada's brain! Can't wait to read the whole story.

SomeLewdDudeSomeLewdDudealmost 6 years ago
Dude

Dude is definitely a bit of a dick, an entertaining one, but still a dick at times. One hundred percent talking about his "love" life. Dating a chick, while screwing one, and screwing/maybe dating another. Admittedly some partners would be one hundred percent done with what he is doing, but the majority won't be. One of them may also be detrimental for his life if he doesn't participate, but still.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 6 years agoAuthor
A bit of a dick and HOW ...

Absolutely, Cáel is a bit of annoying asinine philanderer at times. As the story progresses, things do get both worse, and better, for him. Let's just say ~ ending up at Havenstone is a bit of karmic payback for him.

Yet also, Cáel starts to also develop relationships with women with things beyond sex on his mind. He remains an unreliable boyfriend while becoming a better friend. He bleeds inside and out as he is dragged - kicking and screaming at times - toward maturity. I can't say the playboy is beaten out of him, but there are times when those tendencies take a back seat to doing the 'right thing'.

At least that is how I hope how things come across.

I hope this helps,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Giggle

ATF gun-gasm.....??

James, you are chronically funny.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

@James, aka FinalStand, I hope you are doing very well. Your stories are solid gold. 24k. Seriously smart and good. So entertaining. No quibbles (this time LOL).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kraina amazonek znajdowała się na terenie obecnej Polski w rejonie Mazowsza.

.

FinalStandFinalStandover 1 year agoAuthor

That was their Third Homeland - Mazowsza - until the push of the Hunnic Hordes caused them to disperse. Too many German Tribes around them at the time. They already had a few Houses in the Roman Empire as well, but the most famous horse-riding Houses remained on the northern side of the Carpathian Mountains.

The First Homeland was on the Black Sea Coast of Turkey and the Second Homeland was centered in the Less Pannonian Plain of modern day Hungary and Slovakia. The Amazons needed a great deal of grasslands to raise and maintain the horse herds, thus their choice of locations to settle down in.

In this tale, the Amazons didn't have another homeland after leaving Mazowsza up until modern times.

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Have mixed feelings about Cáel but the Amazon's ard not particularly pleasing anyway. Great storytelling and loving it so far.

Hugo999Hugo9992 months ago

This is a really enjoyable series .... well told

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5298 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES