All Comments on 'Burning Bridges'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 330 Comments
dgfriendly1dgfriendly1almost 10 years ago

Brutal. Visceral. I liked it.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Sad

Sad story. circumstances are frighteningly realistic. When it comes to substance abusers my best advice is to cut them loose. I have seen too many good people pulled down by self destructive losers. If a substance abuser is going to clean up, and stay clean - it is all on them. They got themselves into that mess, it is up to them to get themselves out of it. The parents were to blame in this mess, they should NEVER have sacrificed one son for the other. NEVER. Never missed graduation, never pressured him to help his fucked up brother - that was on them. They were shit parents. The wife in this story was a typical dumb, poorly educated woman with little life experience. Her woman's ego got in her way. She got off on being better than the loser, and being able to use her femininity to "heal" him. I have actually know women that have thought that sex, without love could heal a man! Wrong! It is all about ego. The good news is...there is a whole world full of people out there. 51% of them are women. About 10% of them are saints. That means that if he looks carefully he should be able to find one of these ladies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Scary in it's reality. Well done.

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
Oh wow. Shit that hurt

That was just so emotionally brutal, what a totally fucked up family he had. A worthless druggie brother, an extremely stupid wife( who the hell fucks her brother in law because she feels SORRY for him) & parents whose only redeeming grace was their caring for Teresa's son, the only truly innocent one in the story. Doug's attitude whilst understandable, was surely the cause for both suicides; will he be able to live with that for the rest of his life, not positive I could. Brilliant, 5*****

DragonFistingDragonFistingalmost 10 years ago
Wow, so depressing

Well that was depressing.I have to give it a 5 for depressing me. Personally, I would forgive the wife, but I would not claim the child as my own. She and whoever create the child should bear all responsibility for the child. I would view the child as a nephew at best, because I don't want the emotional attachment that goes along with raising someone else's child. There are stories out there of men paying child support for kids that are not biologically theirs. Life isn't going to be fair, so I'll do anything to keep myself safe from being taken advantage of. That means paternity test for any future children I might sire.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
this is too dark and twisted

for Jerry Springer

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The author is a moron who shouldn't be allowed to write a grocery list let alone a story.

This bullshit about regaining honor through death is absolute crap. Why the funk would she, or anyone, want to be married to Doug is beyond me. If she was that devoted, she wouldn't have cheated. So don't piss down our backs and say its raining. And there is no way people would have stayed listening to his little speech. I don't care what kind of jackass you are, keep your damn dirty laundry to yourself. If "Martha" set you up, then deal with Martha but leave me out or your little drama.

Now Doug. Dear old Doug. Such a fantastic specimen of manhood. This paragon of justice, this epitome of selfless heroism, was such a catch, such a man that his exwife couldn't live without him. His brother was wrapped up in guilt over hurting him. Really? Does he walk on water? Did Doug solve the Middle East crisis? Does he shit gold and piss pure silver? Because there is no way some woman would kill herself for him. He's not rich enough to act like a jackass and he's not handsome enough to be a lothario and if brains were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow his nose. So exactly WHY would his exwife and brother commit suicide?

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
POT AND ALCOHOL DOES LOWER ONES INHIBITIONS,

but stupidity tops them all. TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Excellent!

I was afraid at the end that he was going to commit suicide.

I'm glad he didn't, I hope he finds a good woman with a brain, unlike his ex who thankfully removed herself from the gene pool.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good story

The saying "you can't fix stupid" comes to mind when talking about the wife. Death and stupid always leaves the survivors to deal with the remains.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loser

What a fucking loser. This guy thinks the world should revolve around him.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
Excellent story....

It highlighted the tragic effects of cheating, no matter the reason.

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago
5*

A fantastic read from start to finish. Looking forward to what you have for us next :)

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Very good...

Almost a 5 *. What was wrong? How could a wife that loved his husband go for a junkie? How could she go against his will and make him accept the brother in their house? If the parents loved him so much, why didn't took him to their house? These the weak llinks of this story...

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 10 years ago
Don't give many 5 stars...

... but this one was worth it.

twistedsickmindtwistedsickmindalmost 10 years ago
All to realistic

I read the comments of some who are trashing this story because they don't think real people would do things like this. Well, I am so glad that they have lived a life sheltered away from people like this. I work in an area where the population is poor, mostly white and I regularly deal with people who's lives make this story seem mild. I read it and thought, "brother's baby?" Well that's not so much considering what I run into on a regular basis. If you really want your hair to stand on end, go sign up with CASA or Guardian ad Litem, as it is called in some states, and you will see what I am talking about.

There is nobody to like in this story. Every character has deep flaws and makes bad choices. That doesn't mean that it is not true to life. Don't trash the author because he told you the truth. If you don't believe that he is telling the truth, you need to get out more.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 10 years agoAuthor
anon - fantastic story

Appreciate the praise man but I had to kill the comment. Something I've never done before and never want to do again.

Fully agree with you that I never want to see LW turn into a willing cuck only category. But attacking the site admins (anon as well) is like shittin' in the pool. Makes a hell-of-a-statement until you want to go swinning again! LOL. Smple fact is their sandbox, their rules. Hope we get our own category someday. Thanks again for the comments though.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 10 years ago
Outstanding

Yup, also brutally honest.

Doug doesn't claim to be perfect. But he has realistic and valid expectations about some things. He expects his wife to be faithful. She wasn't and all her reasons are bullshit. She was essentially a spoiled brat who did what she wanted. She didn't want to be held accountable for her behavior. She WAS a lousy wife and mother. She cheated on her husband and abandoned her child. Suicide is a coward's escape and she took it.

His brother is the same. He lives a losers life and everyone excuses him for it. Doug simply walks away from him, not accepting his brother's betrayal. Did Doug push him to suicide? Maybe a bit. The guy was a drug addict and he overdosed. What NOT a surprise.

The busybodies are an interesting diversion as well. They know what is good for Doug and push when they are clueless about what he went through. The slap down was well deserved and well delivered.

In the end you have a choice about how to deal with losers like his brother and his wife. You can stick with them and end up drowning with them or you can cut yourself loose and live.

I also like that, while Doug is obviously deeply hurt and upset, he is getting about his life and not whining his way through the day. It's also a good point that it's hard to get over an ex's betrayal when she is stalking you with the help of your "friends". Hopefully he can now begin to heal.

elHosedelHosedalmost 10 years ago
Good, short, sad tale...

Thought provoking and just the right length for quick consumption :)

Note: I had a long drawn out response to the comments dissing on the Doug character, but in the end you either understand his responses as written and agree with them or you don't. People these days make very little sense to me any more. Warped in their value judgements and expectations and far to willing to "forget" thinking that means "forgive".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Life

.....

edwusaedwusaalmost 10 years ago
Pure Pleasure

Perfect for LW and nicely written.

tp707tp707almost 10 years ago
Another great story

Thanks DFW, I really enjoy your work. A very emotional read.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Wow this one is heavy

The strange thing is that I really also felt sorry for Teresa but Doug has no guilt in this . I am sure that people will strongly this disagree and say that he should have never run away from the problem, but, it has no solution.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 10 years ago
she said he was her soul mate

I'm fairly certain that you don't throw mercy fucks to your soul mate's brother.

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
****

I liked it. Too bad some of today's teens on weed and meth couldn't get a lesson from it. Good writing and good reading. Cheers!

robt1446robt1446almost 10 years ago
it does happen

1. To the author, forget about ''anon'', he trashes every story in here just to get attention for himself.

2. I actually know a woman who gave birth to her husband's nephew. It screwed up things so much that he killed another man years later because she was trying to get him back while fucking the other guy. Sadly he did not waste another bullet on her

MattressThrasherMattressThrasheralmost 10 years ago
Good but dark

I liked the way you write and I even liked the story. Its probably closer to real life then most of the other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Really?

A woman stays with a man who rapes his daughter-in-law? Doug allows the chid to live with them, without notifying child services? Even if it isn't his, would you allow a child to be brought up by such a man? He should tell his mother, if you want to bring up this child, you need to leave the rapist and make sure he never ha anything to do with that kid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Read this before was it posted somewhere else?

Must have read this lately some other site it's still fresh in my mind.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 10 years ago
Dark, but good

Kinda like chocolate!

What is Anon 'Really' smoking? Hubby's Dad was misguided, but it was his Bro who knocked up Sweetie!

I think the question of whether Hubby survived until the next day (after this story ends) depends on how good his swimming endurance is! It IS left as an ambiguous aspect, which is good story-telling, IMHO!

4* (a bit too much 'Cannery Row' for my taste. BTW - it might also depend on how many hungry sharks are in the area!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story

To hell with all the critical anons. This was a well-told and realistic story. Very good writing and excellent ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

More stories like this would be great

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
5* simply to piss off the haters! Point is: he did what he needed to do!

Reality is folks that

sometimes life gives you situations where the best choice is still a shitty one.

I, for one, believe the right thing to have done was:

1) never acquiesed to parents in the first place.

Afterall he had stolen from them before.

It was enough of a reason.

But after the fact, he should have:

1) shot off brother's dick (leave the balls so he has no outlet for his needs)

and

2) divorce the cunt.

He got it half right. ))

As to all you haters, if SHE couldn't live with the kid as a reminder of what she did and she's the MOTHER, how in the f*ck could he be expected to have remained?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
5 for 5

Great read. Man had to do what he thought was right for himself.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Well Written Tragedy in the Classic Sense

Everybody lost in this fore-warned dark story. I agree with the comments about the wife's stupidity. However, she should have sucked it up amd focused on raising HER kid. Sooner or later she would have found another sucker I mean husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hiding your head in the sand won't encourage the site admins(aka Laurel) to wake up to reality.

Pond scum like frontlinecaster have Laurel convinced she's doing the right thing by pushing the cuckold lifestyle on the rest of us. You'll probably delete this, but you need to grow some balls and make a stand.

Take a look at the highest scoring LW stories of all time. Not a single cuck story among them. Do you get it now Laurel?

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
The Parents

They're so fucking concerned for the doper that they pressure his brother to take him in, but THEY won't take him in?!

If YOU don't want him in your home, how in the world can you even THINK of asking, yet alone pressuring, someone else to take him into theirs?

MarvinSMarvinSalmost 10 years ago
Mustang?

If there were a Mustang in this story I would suspect it was written by StangStar6. The storyline is similiar.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 10 years ago
Guys!

That's right! Look at all those highly rated revenge stories! That's proof they are better, not that there is a dedicated little crowd of anonymous assholes who consistently downvote anything that is about cuckolding without reading it! Those are the people Laurel should be listening too, the people who spend all their time whining and bitching about everything that gets posted in LW and never contribute anything of their own while sending anonymous death threats to authors.

Good call anonymous asshole #2378, I'd have a conversation with you about it but you are too lazy and too afraid of being called out on things you say to actually register for an account.Seriously, this site and this section will remain completely toxic and worthless to LW authors until anon comments are banned and voting is either removed or fixed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sad, but True

If you ever had a brother you would not want anything or anyone to harm him, however; this is a very different case. She killed Billy, herself and destroyed her husband. I thought it was a very good story and it shows you what and can happen if you get a cheating wife involved with a drug addicted brother-in-law. I feel sorry for the child, but life is full of it ups and downs.

Now, it is time for Doug to get on with his life and find another soul mate that will not cheat on him.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Damn

A tragic tale. It only takes one mistake. One time infidelity can destroy a life together. Also drug use can destroy a family. This tale has it all, plus suicide and an overdose.

Well written and you can feel the emotion.

Five Stars

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 10 years ago
Sad but True

A sad tsle which is could be a true tale some whete out there.

After I hsve that US TV programe Cheaters it really opened my eyes to whst some will do in order to cheat.

A very sad world

zed0zed0almost 10 years ago
OMG!

I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 10 years ago
memorable stories have unbending characters, rightly or wrongly

in "real life" we have enough of the garden variety character types.

this is fiction, and in good fiction, we need to have men and women character who don't bend with the wind. we need heroes and heroines who are willing and able to no to a tough situation and mean it, no matter how painful it may be to the self...

of course, in this story, the woman was also equally tough. she realized her profound mistakes and was willing to trace her steps back, as it were possible, to the man she loved, someone she knew she could not and would not live a life without.

and, as she said to her audience, she did her humanly best, to win him back. and that's what really count in life: do your very best and see where the chips fall... knowing sometimes your very best is not going to be enough; but you do it anyway...

it was a tragic end, for both. but the bittersweet, tragic story highlights how twisted & fickle love could be, when it is veered off course, for whatever reason...

SpacemansaysSpacemansaysalmost 10 years ago
Good job!

I have enjoyed your work so far. I look forward to whatever else you do. In fact my only complaint was that you didn't really touch on anyone else and a portion of teresa's pov was unnecessary since all it did was rehash what was already known.

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
Almost the expected outcome

It was never going to end well. Sex with the husbands brother would poison any marriage. Sad but believable.

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
He was already living without a soul mate, he just didn't realize it

If Teresa had really been his, she never would have fucked his brother.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
This was definitely a sad one.

Heavy handed and full of remorse on both of their parts. Even Asshole Bro had some remorse, but how much is the word of a drug addict worth? I won't say that Wifey got what she deserved. She deserved to live with the fact that she had trashed their marriage.

My brother might be an asshole, but not even he would stoop that low. He knows better than to even try. lol

5 Solid Stars. Good to see you back, DFW.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
nice story

I would have preferred another ending, but when one takes their own life from remorse, that is one heavy statement, and it sounded like he actually felt it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
He moved on

Some of the comments suggest they think our protagonist ended his life. No. To clarify, re-read the last sentence. To paraphrase, he was about to find out how to live without his soulmate. Good effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Job

Fuck all the whiners who talk about forgiveness, wifey and his folks deserve none. They made every excuse they could for the addict and ultimately trashed the only decent person in their lives. Cheaters don't change, been there done that, fuck that...

bigdnc13bigdnc13almost 10 years ago
BTB Champ

With these two stories, you're well on your way to being the BTB champ. The only problem is at the rate you're going you won't claim the title until 2025. :) Honestly, I thought this story was over the edge. A hint that the anger management classes aren't working. I did, though, like your first story, and thought the ending appropriate.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
Story had a lot of feeling.

Wow. The author wasn't kidding with the warning that he gave in the beginning. I do feel that the story was over the top, but so are a lot of reconciliation and cuckold stories. I personally don't prefer "burn the bitch" stories because I feel that the need for revenge is a wasted emotion, but I felt an odd connection with this one. I don't feel that the protagonist was a "real man" or even a likeable one. I didn't even like the way that the story went. But I could FEEL the author in this one, and that is an accomplishment. I could feel his anger. If I were to make a bet, I would be willing to wager that he had specific people in mind when he created the characters of this story. I think that there are a few people that he is angry with, or maybe just a situation. Whatever it is, true artists are able to take what is in their heads and produce something that makes the world feel the same thing. That is what was done here. Good job

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
WHEN THE HOLES IS THAT DEEP

filling it up with a sieve will not work TK U MLJ LV NV

Danger09Danger09almost 10 years ago
Dang this was a bit dark...

Hate much

DjshengDjshengalmost 10 years ago
Great read

I liked the darkness and everything about it. I would have done the exact same thing if this happened to me.

sdc92078sdc92078over 9 years ago
Finally, a more or less happy ending

Relieved of the burden of his good-for-nothing family, Doug is finally free to make a new life for himself. And he can do it with a clear conscience and without having to look over his shoulder for the law, because he never pulled the trigger on anyone.

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Impacting

Seriously good. For the intervention of "family" and "friends" all chance at reconciliation of some type was lost.

A solid 5* and Fav.

Thx

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 9 years ago
Good story

Well thought out. Please continue writing...

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

Once a junkie or alcoholic, always a junkie or alcoholic. Good writing and story. Good luck to your future writing. I lived in your neck of the woods 30 years ago. Too hot for me. Cheers!

amyyumamyyumover 9 years ago
Not much to like about Doug

He seriously needed to get over it, if for his own mental health. However, that does not change the fact that this story was original and intriguing, so it rates a 5 in my book.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Awesome story....

A solid 5 if there ever was one.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
delusional

Teresa was delusional to think she was Doug's soul-mate.

Doug was fooling himself if he believed she was.

A true soul-mate could never do what she did, she would not have risked causing him any pain.

The thought of causing your soul-mate pain would cause you pain, because their pain is your pain.

You can only be a soul-mate to your soul-mate, she was not his, so he was not hers.

His "parents" were two wastes of skin.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Terrific, just terrific...

... This the kind of story that you hope to find, at least every once in a while, when you log in at literotica,com. Hope you continue to write. Great job.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Oops...

...Make that literotica.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Real man?

I keep reading comment after comment on this site about what a "real man" is and I have to say that I disagree. A real man takes care of himself and his family. You can't place one ahead of the other because they are the same. You can't take proper care of your family if it devours you like a disease. As the family did in this story. It is not uncommon at all for parents to play favorites and to place the well being of one child above that of another. In this instance the wife joined them in placing the brother foremost. That above all else killed the marriage. The fact that they tried to force Doug to accept it as another thing to put behind him and "man up" over was just so real.

great story, well written. He'll miss her and his parents. People "miss" a gangreneous appendage but they are better off without it.

unable to log in so anon I must be

pappy7

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
Misplaced blame

In this case a lot of people would place the blame of the consequences on her infidelity. I don't, not so much.

I mean, people screw up all the time. I think empathetic people are more susceptible too. Doug's parents and Teresa were empathetic, they wanted to help. They were blind to the consequences of that. Okay, Teresa fucked up. She was stupid, not really a cheating slut. It never happened again and she was remorseful. But, when she found the baby wasn't Doug's she should have accepted the consequences of her actions, did the best she could for the one she loved, and given him his divorce. Who knows they may have gotten over it, given enough time.

Same with Doug's parents. Right off the bat, if they wanted the kid in their lives they should have volunteered to adopt it. Again, I think Doug could have become a positive force in the kid's life, in time.

It was everyone's insistence on Doug accepting responsibility that drove the final acts, drove him away. Not the initial infidelity. Not even having the kid.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
A job well done!

Two sons, a daughter in law and her family decimated. Do gooders the world over are high fiveing one another; including his parents. Yeah, it was a little closer to home than they would have liked, but other than that it was a perfect "holier than thou" moment!

fildispadafildispadaover 9 years ago
good story...

...but too dramatic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great one!

Are you kidding me? That ending was as happy as they ever get!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A brilliant piece of writing

This is easily one of the best pieces that I have ever read on this site. For a bitch like teresa there can be no forgivness. She managed to fuck up the life of the man she said she loved. No way.Lets hope that all cheaters like her burn in hell for all eternity and as for the brother, I would like to see him crucified and watch him die slowly and in agony. God gives us our family thank god we can chose our friends. Well done for this fabulous piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The parents doper son led to everyone's downfall

Putting a doper in anyone's house is just asking for trouble, they will steal you blind . Bleed you till there is no blood left. So we have another sad ending. She fucked up but the ending was sadder except for the burn the bitch crowd who just have serious issue with women period. They would love it the way most Arabs treat their women as she would be stoned to death for a mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sad.

This is just a really sad tale where everybody dies. The wife died inside when she lost her husband. He dies when he found out about her cheating. Hell the brother was already killing himself. The guy might be alive but there's no life in him.

He should have sat and talked the shit out with her. For his own damn sanity. He didn't have to reconcile. But at least then he would have been able to move forward with his life.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Very Interesting and Different Story!

As I read this story I thought the guy was taking too long to get over his cheating wife. Then I started thinking about his parents. His parents were really a piece of work. They had no love for this guy, his drug-addicted brother was getting all their love and understanding. This guy was left out. I really don't know what I would have done if I had parents like his. They destroyed him before he had a chance to live. Then when his wife cheated on him with his brother, it was the ultimate betrayal. I felt no sorrow for the wife or the brother, they deserved anything that happened to him. Oh wait, the wife felt sorry for the brother so she had to screw him to save him - knowing what it would do to her husband. So she made a choice and it was the wrong one. But wait, she really loved her husband, her so-called soul-mate. That's one part of the cheaters' handbook that I don't understand....If she really loved him and was his soul-mate, she never, ever would even think about sex with another much less someone so close to him. Thank You for a very interesting and entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Powerful BTB stuff

Congrats. A powerful, well written BTB story. Four out of five. I found it hard to rate this as I am not a big BTB genre fan. But this was a BTB story that takes no prisoners so I tried to judge it on its own merits, not my own personal likes and dislikes. And you did have a fair warning at the start.

JounarJounarabout 9 years ago

re Sad

Kinda hard for the guy to move on with his life when his ex was following him around the country and re-opening old wounds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sad story for everyone involved

My own ex-wife used to track me like that. I found her sitting on my best friends cock when I went home from work early with a broken arm. He couldn't run fast enough but she damn near hit him in the back when I threw her ass out the door behind him. They knew to get away, I was heading upstairs for my hunting rifle.

I divorced her, we'd been married 7 years and the home we lived in was a rental. We lived from paycheck to paycheck so there was no savings either. Only the furniture in our house and I let her have that. She kept calling and stopping by wanting to talk and I had her served papers at my parents home, they took her in since she had nowhere else to go.

The judge ordered us to see a marriage counselor before he'd grant a divorce. Six of them I had to sit through, I was ordered to go but not to participate so I didn't. I took an Ipod and a couple magazines. That brought me to stand before him again and he said this time, I had to participate. He wasn't happy and I was livid which was obvious to everyone. So I participated. Everytime I was asked to say something I would repeat, "Cherise is a cheating slut cunt, Cherise is a cheating slut cunt." That was my participation. I went before the judge again and this time he gave us our divorce.

But I was ordered to pay her $300 every week until she remarried. WHAT? I came unglued and asked the judge if she rewarded all cheating whore cunts the same way. That earned me 6 months in the Brig and when I got out I was divorced and behind $7200. I loaded my old Ford pickup with all my gear and left the state. Hell, I left the west coast and went as far as I could, to south Florida. There I got a job on a boat where I was paid cash under the table. It didn't take me much to live, I ate fish and had a small year round garden.

The cunt tracked me down though. How she did it I don't know but I know this, she should become a PI! She was sitting on the dock when our boat came in and since it was payday Friday, I took my money, thanked my boss and walked past the ex like I didn't see her. She grabbed my arm and tried to talk with me but I called her a cheater cunt as I got into my old truck (that's how she found me) and drove home. I was packed and gone before she got there, if she knew where I lived.

Since then, I've been in Alaska, fishing on a boat in the Bering. It's dangerous but I'm banking big bucks and plan to retire to Mexico when I hit the magic $500,000. She hasn't found me yet and I hope like hell she quit looking. Only one more season and I'll have over my set goal!

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE

sounds self explanatory to me. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Truly Impressive and Dark Story

Thanks for putting this up though it is basically a humiliation story..

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 9 years ago
I wouldn't either

It's a story. It's written by a guy. It seems that all the stories written by guys, the wife, for the life of her, cant understand why she did it. In reality, loving wives don't fuck other guys. Shitty, no caring sluts, do fuck around on their husbands. They don't really care that they got caught. The stories are mens fantasies.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
WHERE DO BROKEN HEARTS GO ........

..... AND IF SOMEBODY LOVES YOU , WONT THEY ALWAYS LOVE YOU .....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well

People say this was sad, I guess so if one is unrealistic about women.

If not, then you know her actions are not that unusual.

Pure fantasy she killed herself though, she didnt love her husband based on her actions, well loved his money maybe or his supporting her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
as the saying goes, dead wives tell no lies

now maybe he can find his real soulmate and get on with his life in a real way. The only soulmate his wife had was herself. Billy needed to feel hard love early on in his life, people making excuses and helping only increases the problem.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 9 years ago
gave you a 5

for content and story. It was Good

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
Second time through.

She made the mother of all mistakes. But here is the big question, she knew he was getting more and more pissed, for someone who supposedly loved him she didn't grasp the concept of letting him be for a bit? And he may as well had foster parents. She fucked him so he wouldn't kill himself? Seriously? And to leave his nephew by his parents, he would be better cared for in the child welfare office. All the bullshit that they spewed just showed that they had no concept of child rearing or honor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Seriously...

Don't people know about morning after pills?

Great job~!

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
The greater the height, the farther the fall.

I love your stories, including this one; but I can't agree with Doug's actions. I live by the intelligent response to "Eat shit. Billions of flies can't be wrong ". No one can make me do anything that I don't agree with. Everyone else is doing it is a pathetic argument. Doug let his parents and wife talk him into ignoring his own good sense. My guess is this is the source of most of his anger. He gave an expert manipulator free access to his wife, who didn't have the advantage of growing up in the same family so she would be familiar with his bullshit. I honestly think that if he had given her a chance, their love and marriage would have survived.

computermadcomputermadover 8 years ago
Sad

One of the saddest stories I have read, more so because there are people out there living with this sort hell every day. Like they say reality sucks.

killerwhale681killerwhale681over 8 years ago
Drugs kill families

From personal experience I've learned that once someone gets on drugs, cut them loose. Get on with your life, and let them rot. Help the functional, not the drug addicts. Yeah, it ain't PC, so what.

elHosedelHosedover 8 years ago
That's not a "little" mistake...

...but a colossal "Fuck You" she committed against her supposed soul mate. If someone is that important to you why even remotely consider the wishes of others if those wishes are against your soul mate's interests?

Sad, but well told, tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To the peope like this asshole elHosed!!!! It's just a fucking LW story

If you don't like them why the FUCK do you read them!! you're a big of a asshole as annony!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Read it Again

Fucked up family wouldn't you say? I feel for the child. It will grow up the same way and have the same problems. But it could be worse. At least the cheating parents are out of the way.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
loved it!!

Good LW story, gave you a 4 to prove it.

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESover 8 years ago
A Very Moving Story

I loved the writing and like all great authors you made me feel and empathize with both Doug and Teresa. Thank you for this wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story very well written

Couldn't give it 5*, though, because he was just a bit too wimpy. I mean, honestly, a 9mm? What sort of sorry excuse for a man carries a pussy 9 instead of a .45 cal?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
moronic diatribe or

idiotic rant? probably both

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
45?

when I go to the range I watch the tough guys with there 45's and laugh my ass off when they usually can't hit any target further than 10 feet away. Then look at the wimpy guys shooting there 9's and there hitting there targets at 25 and 50 yards.(extra firepower doesn't mean shit when you can't hit your target).

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Well Done!

“He's my rock, my soul mate, my lover, my best friend, and until recently, my husband.” – If you felt that strongly about him, then why did you cheat on him with his BROTHER?

“I'm not sure when he undid his jeans but I felt him push into me.” – So much for “I can't usually get it up and when I do, I can't keep it hard for very long.”

Call me heartless, but a gave a "YES!" when I read about her suicide. Not so much that I wished her dead, but it was painfully obvious that that was the only way she could stay away from Doug.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
2015 Followers
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...