All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 06'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 9 years ago
That was a good fix

When can I get the next one?

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 9 years ago
What a story

I am always eager to read your stories. Please, do keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please please please...

...resume Deadly Friends/Unexpected Enemies. This series is AWESOME, but that could be as well. I'm just asking for everything. Also One in Ten.

Thank you!

sailandoarsailandoarover 9 years ago
Wow . .

. . . your good!

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 9 years ago
! just fucking GREAT!!!!!

Glad to see you writting again... I have been checking every day, and I have gotten hooked on 4 of other stories. You have a great talent. Please contine this story.. it is really good.... I Loved this new chapter....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My college career..

Can't take your stories good sir. STOP POSTING SUCH INTERESTING STUFF!!!.

I lied, please give me a reason to ignore cramming for exams.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

"No. I cannot survive, but I can try to go out on my own terms," I explained. "If I avoid being raped and enslaved, even if it means my death, then I have won and you have lost."

...With that, my friend, you have defined masculinity in its ultimate form. I salute you!

I could go on and rant against all those modern-day effeminate and/or lazy men who think that women should just lower their panties and give themselves up to them - since they don't deserve it, as only Cael does - but it would be pointless; and I know you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Many people might think that this story and Cael in general are some kind of overstatement of those masculine traits we all strive and wish for ourselves, but the point is that those traits are the exact things that make MEN. Procreate, provide and protect. Cael might not "provide", but he sure as hell "procreates" and "protects" (protects Aya), whereas most american men today don't even manage to be good fuckers (i.e. they don't even do well in "procreate" role).

So, bottom line is - even though I know that something like the following would not fit quite well with the entire message you're trying to convey - Cael deserves to totally dominate this all-women society such as Amazons and crush them under his shear male awesomeness, making them slaves to his desires.... yeah, I know one might think I'm going overboard, but this is a fiction site, so think about it!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
hate to admit...

...that Anonymous below's analysis of the characterization of the Cáel character is pretty shrewd.

Though I am not sure about how I feel about the ending paragraph of his commentary. I find the idea of Femdom as unappealing as Maledom.

What sets this story apart and above most such postings is the clever humor by FinalStand.

praitorianlord11praitorianlord11over 9 years ago
Love it!!!

Love it when you post new stuff!!! Love the story, please keep writing. Your stories are always zany and addicting

Hammer25Hammer25over 9 years ago
Thank you

Love seizing the new posts brother keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
@fanfare

Yeah...shrewed up until the last paragraph. At first I thought he might actually be a balanced, reasonable man who believed in positive male role models.

Then he said it was his fantasy for this fiction story that "those darn Amazons deserve slavery" and he wants for men the same thing he fears to give women....and....well, all I can say is that he is not a guy who should expect me to lower my panties for him. Because, you know. He does not deserve it. Ew.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
The Origins of Cáel Nyilas

A reader e-mailed me about the inspiration for my stories, and the nature of Cáel's creation. I had to retrace my steps. As I've said many times before, I have no new ideas, only hopefully new twists on well-worn concepts. What I came up with was three sources: my college experiences. I wasn't Cáel, but I had several friends who were Cáel-like and their amalgam of hook-up techniques (updated since I'm now 50) were part of the genesis.

The real 'grandfather of Cáel' I believe is Doc Savage: Man of Bronze (most of you will probably have to Wiki him). Doc Savage was 'super-human', but in a way that would hardly be considered in today's comic hero-dom. What made Doc great in my mind was that he always chose the cerebral approach to problems first. He was a really smart guy with an 'edge' in combat.

The final influence comes down to a portion of one phrase: "wove a net of steel". That is from ERB's John Carter of Mars (the books). In an incredibly martial society like the Amazons, Cáel holds his own - the gifted amateur in a strange land (I know J.Carter was a war veteran) where, as in ERB's Mars/Barsoom, everyone seems to have the capacity for killing someone else. Welcome to Havenstone.

I dumped the misogynistic elements from those two tales. They were products of their time, nothing more. Cáel's attitude about females is rather simple - getting a girl into the sack does not make him better than the girl. It only means that she might not have known it when she first saw him, but she wanted sex. Low and Behold, there was Cáel ready to provide that service.

The other aspect is monogamy - Cáel won't give it and doesn't expect it from any woman he is with. Unfortunately, most women he dates don't share his rather liberal viewpoint on the matter.

A note on being a provider: realize that virtually every person Cáel has interacted with so far in the story has more of everything than he does. They have better homes, better rides and mostly nicer clothes and toys. If Cáel lives long enough to collect his first pay check that may change - but first he needs to pay his Dad back for the money his father gave him in college (a scholarship only goes so far).

A note on procreation: NO! That is why the Good Lord gave Cáel Nyilas condoms, so there won't be little Nyilas's running around. Further in the story you learn Cáel carries ten condoms in his wallet at the start of every day. Why? He tried putting more in but it made the wallet too unwieldy. Further hilarity ensues.

A note on protection: Poor Cáel has interacted with about a dozen people in the story who can't kick the ass of your garden variety mugger. What Cáel did for Aya was both protection and something else - it was Cáel's best shot at Fatherhood and he still can't understand how he ended up feeling that way. Before this, he's been benignly selfish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks

I'm having a ball reading this story. Weird, strange, silly, quirky,... all terms that apply but FUN applies the most.

Thanks again.

theanalisttheanalistover 9 years ago
superb as always

btw is cael forbidden from dating all amazons or only havenstone employees...? (i was thinking about Rhada?

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Mmmmm...

Technically all Amazons, but this story is all about social inequality. Rhada is a special case because a) she is a princess/high ranking Amazon and b) NO ONE wants to acknowledge the nature of their relationship as she would be shamed and Cael would be killed.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Delightful Conflicts

Public x Private, Femdom x Supermale. A lot of fun and hilarious dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
UGH

it sickens me that you write so well... i bow to your prowess. it is now 2:27 a.m... youre keeping me awake dammit!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
i agree

ive been up 4 hrs past the time i should have gone to bed and as far as i can see i'll be calling in sick in the morning so i can read more. thank you thank you thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Jesus...

Epic writing man this story just keeps getting better.

FinalStandFinalStandover 6 years agoAuthor
Thank you ...

I do my best with what I got. Reader feedback really does help too.

James aka FinalStand

avidreader123avidreader123about 6 years ago
Excellent

I literally laughed out loud at some of this guys antics. Normally when people say lol they actually just cracked a smile, but there were a couple of full belly laughs in there. You have made a unique character and story line. Thank you for entertaining us with your writing and wit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Funniest chapter ever

FS

I’ve read a lot on this site, but this chapter was undoubtedly the funniest I’ve read

I’d shoot you with a nerf gun if I had one for making me laugh out loud unexpectedly whilst reading this - everyone looked at me funny

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disappointed

I was disappointed in how prosaic your explanation for Cael turned out to be. I was hoping that he an orphan of some kind and that it turned out he was the God of love, or perhaps a Satyr who could basically screw the entire world. But I have to say, dude - you are an amazing writer and your sense of humor is awesome. I'm giving fives all the way down.

loragassloragassover 3 years ago

funniest frikin story I have read in a long time, Thank you Very much

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Aya is a sweetheart.

Great character development.

WargamerWargamer12 months ago

Good chapter

5/5

Ravey19Ravey1910 months ago

Cáel's surely going to a he'll not of hos own making. Another great hilarious instalment. 5⛤

1inquiringmind1inquiringmind4 months ago

Great story.

Cinch, not synch

Cael is awesome

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5283 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES