All Comments on 'Kathy and Gregg'

by Rhein1

Sort by:
  • 92 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
FAIRY TALES CAN COME TRUE

but, ONLY if the young at heart can survive, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
A CASPER MILK-TOAST HE MIGHT BE

but never forget about still waters and junk yard dogs, TK U MLJ LV NV

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 9 years ago
Written nicely but...

...did you have to degrade him, reduce him to a wimp? He consumed alcohol in his self-pity, called in sick...no thought about him falling into some rage. If my rival would come to my house, having destroyed my family...he wouldn´t walk away.. Toms reaction is not very plausible. On the other hand, - her actions aren´t either.

If you had given him a bit of a spine you would easily have reached 4-5 stars. Now, however...just three...

Thank you for the interesting read..

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 9 years ago
Taking everything back...

...I really should have completed the story before writing my comment! I must take my last remarks back! This one deserved 5 stars - you got them.

No wimp, after all - loved it! Thank you!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Taking the next step

The story captures so well how a cheating woman will try to garnish, obfuscate and self-rationalize around the truth and the pain they cause. Look- life happens and relationships can corrode and sunder under the weight of shared decades. But all that glitters, as illustrated in this story is not necessarily gold.

The husband is moving onto better things. The worst is over. As for Kathy ? I don't want to demonize her. She was and is a good mother and a good wife for a long time. Kathy was, however, very deluded. She made herself dispensable - and the narrator did just that. I hope she has a decent life but her prospects aren't the best.

Very absorbing read, very vivid characters, pithy cutting dialogue and every scene had purpose and helped drive the plot. Easy-peasy five stars experience. *****

baconbennybaconbennyover 9 years ago
Good wife?

How can anyone consider her a good wife when she spent the whole 30 years giving to her high school crush what should have belonged to her husband. How did this guy allow her to continue to communicate with this guy? I'm sure he had grounds for an annulment. She entered the marriage under false pretenses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wonder about the daughter

I think the daughter will not cheat on Frank ........ but let see what happen at the 7 yr itch mark , and middle age crises.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read****

Your style has change at least your ending is more real. than some of your earlier reads. Thanks for sharing. This was a very entertaining story.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

Too funny...I'm still giggling from the scene with Greg getting tasered. Deserves him right.

Kathy had something mentally wrong with her. She might have loved Tom but not as much as Gregg. Other then Gregg physically leaving Kathy, he always had an emotional hold on her. Kathy was an emotional cheater. There wasn't much Tom could done to stop her from corresponding with Gregg. He walked on water, Kathy would've moved heaven and earth to keep in contact if Tom would've put up more of a fuss.

I'm still puzzled as to how Joan got sucked in. Greg helped destroyed her parent's marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice

Really love the Taser at Christmas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Missing something ...

Sorry, but this story leaves one hanging with too many GD questions. Finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The author like his male characters need a set of balls.

He lets his wife take a year off from their marriage? When the baby is born, the husband listens to his wife and daughter regale each other with how good the "lover" Greg is, yet he accepts this from his daughter? Pure unadulterated B.S.! None of this author's stories have a real man as the lead character. In this case, the son in law has more balls than the lead does.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Well Written

An interesting plot with nice touches of humanity. The fact that Kathy keeps trying to talk to him shows that was not listening when she asked for her leave of absence.

I hope that he gave another copy of the dope sheet to read to Joan though I am afraid that it won't help any. This is a real story, not a fantasy where a trained Marine can be beaten down by a righteous man..

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Shit writing

So many problems, but the trigger for me is the your/you're complexity this and so many other idiots can't seem to decode.

Shitty writing at its worst.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Very well-done!

Tom was stupid for saying "OK" so quickly. He should have thought about it and spelled out the possible consequences. Wasn't he concerned about what his friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. would think of him? Kath was stupid to believe Tom would welcome her back and for rubbing Gregg in Tom's nose. The daughter was stupid for allowing Gregg to come to the hospital and for switching from siding with Dad to siding with Mom.

BTTapBTTapover 9 years ago
Interesting wrinkle

I became a fan after reading "Warum?" some time ago. This is an interesting wrinkle in the dramatic LW fabric. I've seen others do it, but not with the wife's "leave of absence" being so blatant. The danger in doing these types of stories is in making the wife character a cartoon: either too dense for words, or just plain evil. In this case, the wife seemed too clueless. I did like the backstory elements, which gives realistic context. Could it have been handled better? Probably, because it was presented in such a matter of fact way that the potential shock of the wife's outrageous proposal for the leave of absence was almost entirely muted when it came. The daughter was similarly strangely clueless, when she defended the other man (it would be one thing if her mother left her dad for this guy, but she believed her mother would return). I think with more work on the presentation, the story would have a lot more impact. I gave it 4 *s.

Fighting41Fighting41over 9 years ago
Potentially Great

A great effort of building the story up only to be hurried at the end.

If you took as much time to flesh out the ending as you did the start this would have been a lock colid 5* but as the ending was so rushed have to give it a 3.

Unless you do another chapter the story will feel half done

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Typical bullshit from this writer. Not finished.

NO BALLS

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

HA HA HA Ha ha ! I like that better than the lol people use nowadays.

Don't normally say this but a sequel would be very good .Both Tom's new life and Kathy with Gregg . Just saying.

AMerryMan

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

Only on literotica would a wife come up with this idea. Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Finally you did it right.....

Bill.......5

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
wasted time

The divorce wold have sterted the next day....no delay.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
I agree - a sequel could be fun

Tom never thought it would work and knew quickly it was all false hope - so he managed to end it on his terms -

Nicer than I would have been -

Well designed lesson here -

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

The man did what he had to do. I can't believe the balls of that bitch asking for the leave of absence from their marriage. Now Tom will move to Seattle and fall in love with the woman who helped him. The wife will find out that Gregg is the asshole who cheats and the daughter will miss her father terribly, until she cheats on her own and her husband finds out, divorces her and gets custody (for whatever reason) and moves to Seattle to be with the best father he ever knew and to bring the grandchild to his grandfather. And they lived happily ever after. Meanwhile the cheaters are all screwed up.

There. That's the sequel.

Five Stars

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

I'm thinking too much for a Saturday morning.

HA

InescuInescuabout 9 years ago
Amusing read

Enjoyable with a good amount of humor.

I found the daughter's reaction to be a bit odd after she switched allegiances. It was pretty obvious that the husband was going to divorce his clueless wife (and the daughter knew it and agreed about it) from the start.

A second chapter to this would be interesting, but the story is complete as it stands.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1*

2 sluts and 2 wimps. another disgusting story from you.

phil2213phil2213almost 9 years ago
1*

Cartoonish characters with a cuckoldress and cuckold headliners. This belongs in fetish or some other category. I wasted my time reading this which was extremely depressing and totally unenjoyable. Thanks for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Oughta be a followup..

Kathy gets her just rewards, Gregg is called back up (yep, if you're retired you can be recalled for many reasons) and given a "other-than-honorable" discharge. This affects your retirement benefits (no VA benefits). Tom, meanwhile, recovers nicely. Big promotion, big pay raise, big benefits. Meets and falls in love with a widow who is wealthy and a soul mate. Kathy ends up living in a travel trailer in a rundown trailer court outside Camp LeJeune. Tom never again sees or talks with Kathy. Frank ensures Kathy and Joan is made aware of Tom's happy life.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Way Tooo Long!

This husband waited way to long to get rid of the cheater. The night in the restaurant when she admitted to sleeping with her lover should have been the end of the marriage. And when he found the letters that this was their long-range plan, that should have been enough to get rid of the cheater. How about what he heard at the hospital between the cheater and his daughter?

He could have done everything that he eventually did a whole lot earlier. As to the house I would have given it to the son-in-law because I see the daughter cheating in the future. Thank you for a very good story.

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
This was easy...

This had five written on it all the way. Our hero certainly wasn't a wimp; it's not unusual for a ditched husband to mill around, wallow around, in a delusional state for a while. Quite often that period of inactivity can last a year.

One suggestion. If you haven't you should read Harddaysknight "If I Fell". That is one wonderful story. HDK has a lot of silliness in some of his tales, but there are others that just can make your day. "If I Fell" is one of them, a must read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To late, at the end he is a patetic wimp

Disgusting patetic wimp. Sorry

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
The only person living in adream world is dear annony

This fool hates everything but he still reads and bitches like the fag he is. Go suck a cock annony it will make you feel better. gave you a 5 for your story

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Not sure how much bite his closing salvos had. It was obvious to everyone that she would not be able to give this guy up in a year, so her lamentations at the end don't fit the rest of the story. Let's see . . . she thinks sex with this guy is better, he's better looking, she is the happiest she has ever been, etc. why is she upset? In a few days she'll be thanking hubby for setting her free.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
One more thing . . .

Hard to feel sorry for a guy that had multiple opportunities to stand up and didn't.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2almost 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2almost 8 years ago
asshole of LIT is on your birth certificant dear annony

5 to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
he was too generous

Not only did she disrespect and betray him but she had been planning it for at least five years before she did.

Just can't see being generous to someone after finding that out about them.

I see that I'm not the only reader that thinks she would not be able to give lover-boy up at the end of a year.

She'd be sneaking over while hubby is at work regularly, most likely.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
JUST BECAUSE HE IS LEAVING AND MOVING

his BS is still going to happen. TK U MLJ LV NV

makarowcemakarowceover 7 years ago
tazz317 08/03/16 JUST BECAUSE HE IS LEAVING ....

can somebody please explain to me the coment of this dipshit

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Is this vastie moron for real?

Voting just to offset other votes and not whether it was a story worth reading?

Anyways, again a man has absolutely no balls to stand up to his wife.

The author has her treat him with such complete disrespect and dishonour after and he caves in.

What a pathetic pussy.

Then after it is way too late, after months of betrayal and wallowing in self pity, he thinks about divorce.

What the dipshit should have done was find another woman. Younger, prettier and bring her to Thanksgiving and divorce the cheating cunt after dinner and told the whole story of the douchebag then .

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
DrS read again

He didn't wait months to consider divorce, he looked into it right away. He was given the bad news by the lawyer and decided to take his time and do it his way. Got another job, gave the house to the kids (more for the grandson's sake than for his daughter) and he got the information to shatter his ex's vision of Gregg so she would know she gave up a good man for a loser. Then with eyes open, she didn't have him or a home to go back to. He could have done more but he came away clean. I bet the taser was a lot of fun...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This really needs

is a sequal that shows the best revenge is living well with a new wife (Miranda) and how Kath survived as a pregnant ex-wife living on welfare after Greg left her "blossoming" and without any money, working in a laundry with no time for visiting her grandson. Sounds peachy.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 6 years ago
Second time through

Still love it. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BONKERS

How anyone can find a reason to admire this husband is beyond me. An absolute jerk.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Only wish there was another chapter or epilogue.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
RIDING INTO THE SUNSET, LONELY

is not what the adventure the old timers made, TK U MLJ LV NV

gldngolfergldngolferover 6 years ago
Unfinished

This is unfinished for everyone involved. Let's see what closure and consequences look like.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Sweet.

So much better walking away. Dumped the wife on Christmas. Lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Divorce the daughter

You can tell she was going to pull the same stunt her mother did. Leave now before he ruins your life.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Page 1

Her mother had to talk him out of going to him? WTF! One split second of hesitation about whether she wanted to go to him and the wedding is OFF! Why do you write your men as such pussies? More than half the world has a pussy and tits. If this bitch has ANY hesitation about who she wants be with and marry, run away and congratulate yourself for dodging a bullet!

Now on to reading the rest of this story so I can reasonably mock the author as a eunuch.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
And

then she's going to start writing him over you objections??? Cut her loose dumb ass.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Still

on the first page. Even if you have him nuke both of them, you and your lead character both deserve to be cucked because you are both pussies.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
The daughter too

Fuck them all. Hide the money, sell the house and retire to Costa Rica. Just disappear. Of fuck them up or both.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Finished

it. Too little too late putz.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Live In

He should let her know that he was going to take a mistress for the year while she's with Gregg!

He should AT LEAST have a legal separation drawn up, including a post-nup that requires her to be back one year TO THE DAY, if not, she is out with as little as possible.

He should have taken her wedding ring,

Gregg at the birth? NO, FUCKING. WAY! I'd tell her that for her sake I would tolerate her mother being there, but not Gregg!

Joan and Frank have been out to eat with Kathy and Frank; have they gone out with Tom at all?

Fuck being a "good and decent man"! Normally I would agree, but under these circumstances that's just another term for a wimpy loser! He should give her as little as possible!

One thing Frank should do is tell Joan that he want Tom there, and that means that Gregg can't. Kathy is welcome as long as she comes without Gregg. If Joan agrees, he can rest a little easier. If Joan insists on accommodating her mother, then his concerns may be justified.

"He is a part of our family now whether you like it or not." - He is? Even when the year is up?

I can understand moving away, but why should that preclude visits to or from Frank and Joan?

I also expected him to share the letters showing that this "year" had been long planned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Continue

You should write what happens to the wife after husband leaves. See from her Point if view and see how disruptive she is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm thinking it needs a sequel

I'm thinking it needs a sequel. Kinda like Dad retires moves near Frank, Daughter and grandkids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pretty Good Story

I did enjoy this one. But I think he waited too long to pull the trigger on the divorce. I think a week would have been about long enough. And yeah, a sequel does sound like a good idea. Maybe come up with some new ways to make the ex wife’s life more miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fuck the slut daughter

Why gift the nascent cheating whore a house?

I'd give it feee and clear to her husband with the stipulation that in the event of divorce for any reason including him cheating on her he gets to keep the house

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A parade of goofs

1. Should not have married her when she wanted to call it off because of her old boyfriend. Long postponement at a minimum.

2. No tolerance for the correspondence. If she insists and he feels he can’t divorce because of their child, demand to see all letters and require a post nup from her detailing that she loses everything if she hides a letter or any other contact.

3. If wifey has a history of dumping crap on you when out to eat, turn on the recorder. Especially when she has ambushed you to take her out.

4. Obviously he can’t let her get away with the adultery she admits to. Expose her to her family and friends.

5. No to the leave of absence. No way. Of course, he should already know the marriage was toast when she admitted screwing the asshole.

6. He should have made his position clear with daughter. Wife is a cheating, lying traitorous bitch and the asshole was a wife-stealing POS. He would never associate with either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really,

Too unrealistic for me. Husband was a complete jerk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unreal

Why would he marry a woman who was in two minds, with the arrival of a former flame two days before the wedding? Thirty great years? How about her defiant correspondence with the asshole during those thirty years? Where were her family when she was whoring herself out to the shithead? - And over a period of months? So no friends or family were aware of the situation? What man would tolerate another man openly taking his wife away from him and not immediately strike back? Well written but a most unlikely plot. 5*s for the writing, not the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF

How could Tom accept his wife going off with her High School lover, for a year? And stomaching their open lovey dovey behaviour even in front of him? What was he thinking, going to the hospital to see his daughter and grandson at a time when he knew the whore and her asshole lover would be there? It is amazing that he married her at all, when she wanted to call off the wedding two days before the event, when her lover arrived back in town. Then he bore with her insistent correspondence with the asshole throughout the years. The only good thing to come out of the marriage was his daughter - and she was on a fast track to betraying him,like her mother! Tragic that the husband seemed to make all the wrong choices, until the marriage was brought to an end.Sad story, of a man who lived his life without self-respect!! 3*s.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

Well it was fun the first time but on second it was just to much fecal swallowing on the husbands part over to long a period of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You Do Realize

That both Gen. Patton and Sgt. York were U.S. Army? Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Thanks for the story. Good ending but the husband put up with way to much shit over the years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Need's an extra chapter

This extra chapter would take place 10 years later. He's in Spokane. Greg has had both of his leg's cut off due to diabetes. Kathy has had a mental breakdown due to the conflict of her husband vs the "Sea Going Bellhop". Just some ideas- I feel the story was left a bit unfinished

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This story was unique for this author

Because the guy, for once, was not a cucky wimp!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. What did the brain dead bitch expect. She was totally delusional!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story really needs another chapter it's not a finished story. As the author hasn't published anything in years maybe another author will pick it up and finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unfinished. You really need to provide a more complete ending. What happened next? Did they break up? Did the daughter regret her actions? What about the ex's final reaction? what about Frank? Way too many unanswered questions. I'm stretching to give u a 2.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Still the ending doesn't complete the story.

What was in the envelope about Gregg?

See what I mean, the story is not complete.

This is getting tiresome. One more story like this from Rhein1,

and I'll call it quits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In so many LW stories, the mc's marriage is described as "boring", "routine", "vanilla" (as opposed to chocolate, yum yum): all of those descriptors can be applied to this storyline. Also "clichéd".

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked this story very much but a few more paragraphs would've sealed the deal or maybe an aftermath chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This fucking wimp of a writer just can’t seem to find the balance in his stories! Each and every story is like a fine dining meal with the salt missing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How about telling the slut to Fuck off with her idea of a yr off. Why not end them and there why string it out. Fuck her the stupid cow

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Needs a sequel with the aftermath of the whole thing, his new life in Spokane, and hopefully a new love in his life. Perhaps someone with a ready made family? Enjoyable but incomplete IMO

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To all the poor husbands and boyfriends who also have a kind and loving disposition (for lack of a better word) towards their loved ones and people in general, it is a FACT that women (99.9% of women) see a man's loving and gentle manners as a weakness that sooner or later they will exploit. But can women really be blamed for it? No, just think of guys you work with, if they never stood up for themselves and just did everything, they could so they could avoid a confrontation, how much respect would you eventually have for them? I'm guessing not a lot

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a wonderful happy ending! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fuck this is a 5-STAR Story.

Tom made the mistake of marrying that piece of shit Kathy in the first place, she shouldve married Gregg the sleeze and had a shit marriage. Tom wouldve had a good life with someone more exceptional, Kathy is too childish and disgusting. Joan is a cunt of a daughter who said her own father is 'boring and predictable and definitely not in the same league as Gregg', he is a good father but she is a cunt like her mother. Frank the poor bastard needs to look for a replacement and get a dna test. So sad good men have to put with such scummy people.

skruff101skruff101about 1 year ago

I know it’s a fantasy site but not in any alternate universe would this ever happen. Nicely written but not at all convincing, required to much suspension of disbelief.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Why wait until after Christmas to have her served? And why bother having Christmas dinner with those idiots?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wish this had a sequel... Great fantasy and I want to see what happens with the mc and Miranda.

OPrimeOPrime9 months ago

And a Merry Christmas to all.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice, would have been nicer seeing his ex coming out of her fog for a scenario or two though.

deependerdeepender8 months ago

Good stuff. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It would have been nice to have her actually have to face the reality but it was somewhat enjoyable anyway.

Ocker53Ocker538 months ago

I got to say I enjoyed this immensely ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

curious as to why he married her and even stayed all that time. The year I guess was to get ahead in the divorce. I would have, however, told my daughter off at the hospital saying I heard every word and warn her that she will lose her husband as her trust was now zero with him.

Calico75Calico755 months ago

Really like what he did with the house. Good job.

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOgabout 2 hours ago

@Rhein1: how delusional were you when you wrote this? What man in his right mind would agree to a year separation so his wife could reconnect sexually with the man who took her virginity? Sadly, I’ve counseled many wives who destroyed their marriages for believing the grass was greener in the arms of their first lover. Very, very few of those husbands were able to get past the infidelity and reconcile. One of those husbands even stepped in front of a train to end his misery over his wife having multiple liaisons with her first lover - something he thought he was until he found out his daughters weren’t his. 🙁

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous