All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 09'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hey Schmuck!

Smuck is the partial spelling of a jelly brand. Schmuck is Yiddish for penis.

Steve150177Steve150177over 9 years ago
Love it!

Keep them coming.

SSpencer67SSpencer67over 9 years ago
schmuck

I think schmuck is Yiddish for the foreskin of the penis that they cut off during a Bris. Brisk? Something like that. Anyway great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Re: Hey Schmuck!/grammer police

You obviously know what he meant. You spelled it out. For the the amount of money FS makes for writing and posting his stories here I'd say we get a real value. I for one am more than willing to over look a few typo's to continue reading this fine story.

To FS. Thanks for the time and effort and for posting the results here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great title for the chapter.

Great time with the three girls. This man should have been murdered before he got to his new job, but he would have died with an empty sack and a gleam in his eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good job.

As usual a good job. Keep it coming.

BlanckaertBlanckaertover 9 years ago

You know, I never really 'see' grammar, spelling mistakes, I guess I'm too used to reading 'typnese' that I auto-correct it as I read.

Great Story as always FS

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you or the great story !

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Cáel's libido is stronger then his common sense

ʼa şʼarp tʼángyr qʻnʻn pʼárʻm ʼa şmʼáq ẕw dy wwʻt pwn ʻs s wwʻyldʻr.

I think it was Larry Niven. in his Ringworld series who wrote "When the situation is hopeless, it is useless to give up!"

Cáel is determined to promote that saying to a 'Truism'.

LustKnightLustKnightover 9 years ago
Sun Tzu once said...

"...on death ground, fight." When the situation is hopeless is when you can least afford to lose hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
just a great story

Great sexy storytelling. And it looks like I'll be up late tonight!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ugh

must stop reading... 4:46 am... good story am at beriew2002@gmail.com if you know similarly well written stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Aya sleeping where

3/4 down on page 1, 'Katrina responded. "Aya, you will be staying with me tonight', at the end on page 4, Aya was asleep in Desiree's room?

FinalStandFinalStandabout 7 years agoAuthor
Spending the night and sleeping arrangements

By that I meant Aya was spending the night being entertained by Katrina while still ending up sleeping with Cáel and Desiree. Desiree was not, at that time, prepared mentally to take care of a child. She lived a very monastic life and forcing her and Aya to spend the night together ... would have been awkward.

At this point in the story, Desiree has a nebulous status so she feels unwelcome among both the 'Runners' ~ as she feels she is a 'Full-blood' ~ and among the 'Full-bloods' who see her as less because her Full-blooded Mother mated out of love.

As the story progresses, this changes and Desiree becomes happier inside her own mind and with her place in Amazon society.

As of Chapter 9 though, it would have been somewhat cruel to Aya to stick her with her Aunt Desiree for a whole night when she was looking forward to spending quality time with Cáel. Katrina is salvaging Aya's night for her. Aya will still end up sleeping - and waking up with - the person she most wants to be around ~ her Atta.

I hope this helps,

James aka FinalStand

toesocks451toesocks451almost 7 years ago
Desiree

You say that Desiree improves with time but we do not really hear anything about her later on. Same goes for half of the 'interns'. Will we learn more in ch 48 or later?

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 7 years agoAuthor
toesocks451 {SPOILER ALERT}

Desiree is in the very first scene in the 'New Tale'. Otherwise, it needs to be taken into account she is (later) both House Epona Apprentice and a senior member of Executive Services with the Host at War. Katrina often needs to deploy Desiree to locations where her authority and experience can be critical in gathering and processing intelligence on site. Several sects of the 9 Clans and Earth & Sky place great faith in blood ties and Desiree is half-sister to Katrina so she can get more cooperation would otherwise be offered.

Daphne becomes a permanent member of JKIT. The rest are rarely seen because Cáel is no longer part of Executive Services while they are still fulfilling their duties as interns. Cáel may stop by the office from time to time and see them, but he's got a job to do ... sigh.

I hope this helps,

James aka FinalStand

toesocks451toesocks451almost 7 years ago
It does help.

It does help but I really enjoy the Desiree-Cael dynamic and was hoping to see her evolve into someone more mentally healthy and stable.

Maybe its just that you refer to them as the 'new hires' later on, e.g. when Cael takes a week off from JIKIT, but when thinking about afterwards I couldn't recall hearing anything about Dora, Fabiola, Paula, Violet and Theresa in the later chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
great

fabulous dialogue, creative plot, delightful reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Haven't laughed this hard in a while

Good to see a writer with such witty repartee amongst his characters as much as it is to see a character with the backbone to be who he is no matter the damned consequences. This is a really great story

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerabout 6 years ago
Brooke is my fav. Need more of her and her hotness

I dunno why, the way you described her set an image in my mind of someone supremely beautiful to my imagination, and I really enjoy seeing her transformation, bring her back

JC

FinalStandFinalStandabout 6 years agoAuthor
JC_The_Continuer

Brooke has been one of my favorites as well. She really transforms from her intro to the present. As for more of her ... the possibility certainly exists as Cael is helping her with her 'start-up' business in the Khanate so a 'dinner date' could happen.

Thank for your continued interest,

James aka FinalStand

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 5 years ago
I made it almost 8 months

Its been almost 8 months yet I came back again.

I am either weak, a glutton for amusement, or verging into the realm of stalker and fanboy.

I think its the latter, but i'll lie to myself for alittle longer

JC

lazarus402002lazarus402002almost 3 years ago

thank you.. this story is my favorite of all time. I have read it at least 8 times from beginning to the end since you first started posting it...thanks

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Great stuff, so glad l found this story

5/5

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Love Marla. This is a great series.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5297 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES