All Comments on 'Harangue'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 203 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wierd!

A sign post up ahead ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

1* GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Maybe this is an acquired taste???

Confused rambling nonsense. Not LW. Not really even humor. Actually becomes annoying after awhile like nails on a blackboard. Maybe the movie would be better, kinda like "Its a Mad, Mad World," only that actually had a plot. 1*

SpykkeSpykkeover 9 years ago
Weird

but I do detect some humour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

H for hilarious! 5 stars!

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Blink blink

Excuse me a moment. I am still recovering from this.

.

.

.

uh....

My hat's off to oshaw. I could not write anything like this...I wouldn't even try.

.

.

I am fucking speechless (flabbergasted, gob smacked, disoriented, stunned...)

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
A moment of silence

For Lady...the true champion of the story.

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
Hilarious

Wow. That was hilarious. I think it would have been better placed in humor, but I was entertained. I gave it 5 stars

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Really funny...

Really funny, but nothing more...

SpacemansaysSpacemansaysover 9 years ago
that was a weird one

Appreciate what you were going for but you went at it a bit toi heavy footed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sorry

It didn't even give me a smile. Satire isn't very funny on this subject. Sorry, I rated all your other stories high (4 or 5 stars) but this one.... 1 *

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Sorry

Gave you 3* out of respect for the talent you have shown elsewhere, but this is NOT what I would expect from the author of "Grief".

All your other stories have been wonderful, I hope you return to form for letter "I".

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WTF?

Must have been written on a Monday after a weekend of partying hard.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Oh Gosh...

I gave the story a five because it was fun to read, but you were right it is in the wrong category.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Nice

Confusing, unclassifiable, nonsense, weird, pythonesque and still readable.

dmhackdmhackover 9 years ago
Fun

A welcome break from the bleak.

Only quibble... I would have ended it with "fucking cubs fans."

A five for making me laugh when she wondered if the woman was Canadian.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
Unreadable

which is surprising for you. did you do this as a joke of some sort?

Esq2kEsq2kover 9 years ago
Not What I Expected

Ok, not what I expected. When I saw you were the author I thought "Oh, good. Another fine story to read." Then as I started reading, I thought this is really not meeting up to my expectations of your talent, until I realized it was a satire. Once I change my frame of mind as to the type of story you wrote, I really enjoyed the fun little piece.

sledgesledgeover 9 years ago
What?

What was that?

Not what I expected!!

We're you drunk, high, or did someone else write it?

Your other stories were great!! Loved them, but this. I don't know what this is!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well this was unexpected

I saw your name and was prepared for another excellent story. Then I saw the scores and started to wonder. Then I read this satirical (I guess?) mess. Yes, it was posted in the wrong place. Did I miss the Loving wife amongst all the rabble? And this seemed like a disappointing use of your writing talent. I won't give you a score on this as I know writers take off on different paths occasionally. I guess this was one of your detours. Next time back to your usual good work please.

looking4itlooking4itover 9 years ago

Seems like you tried to make a story version of Alice's Restaurant. Entertaining to a point, I guess waiting to see how ridiculous each paragraph would get.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
IMHO

This was too silly to be funny. I only read it bcs it was an oshaw story. I see why the avg score was not up to HOF standards.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hysterical *****

To appreciate this, it helps if you have intelligence and a sense of humor.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Great Fun

100% agreement with Carvohi!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Really not very funny.

Sorry

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
Humour is a very personal thing.

Some great lines in this, I agree with an earlier comment about the, "maybe she's Canadian," part. A little disappointed she didn't try G'day for an Australian. Reminded me of a Woody Allen film crosses with a French farce.

I'll be honest I couldn't finish it, as more characters were introduced it got to out of control for me. I admire your guts to have a go at comedy, it has got to be the hardest writing of all. I'm just not a fan Woody Allen or farces. 3*

BelgiumBelgiumover 9 years ago

stupid and not funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hmmmm

Obviously you don't know any Canadians Eh! :)

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
Excellent!

I haven't laughed out loud at any Literotica story as often as I laughed at this one. Thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not What I Expected

Oshaw, you are one of the best active authors in the LW category. 3 of the highest rated stories. Definitely not what I expected from you or anywhere close to your best work. Maybe next time.

JensensloverJensensloverover 9 years ago

I started this because of your name, you are (usually) a brilliant writer, but couldn't finish the first page, it wasn't funny at all. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1 star

WTF

Fighting41Fighting41over 9 years ago
Nicely Done

Had a good chuckle at this one 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Who's story?

I am sure this was more therapeutic for the author than the readers. To me it seems come to from the outer rim of an imaginary mind. It may well have been one of those things that just had to escape. (Author entertains self - an entitlement. 5* effort)

Don't be surprised if on the next story the pendulum doesn't swing back far enough to allow all readers to recover, maybe because of this effort.

Thanks for the adventure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

LOL. As the kids say now.

Only one defect in the story. A fucking Cardinals fan! Really, you had to go there !

LMAO!

Couldn't you at least keep it in town and make her a Sox fan. I enjoy her address too, very funny !!

I'm not serious don't call me that. I'm

AMerryMan

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
How can anyone not give this a solid 5?

It took me 45 minutes to read in between fits of hysterical laughter. My eyes are still watering. I missed the significance of the address until I saw someone else's comment.

You get 5 big stars from me! This was a work of art.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 9 years ago
ROFLMAO!!!

Thanks for the laughs!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Unfortunately

This scoring system won't allow me to give negative numbers or this piece of drivel would rate (-)25.

sevy_ttsevy_ttover 9 years ago
A treat

That was a treat to Read. Thanks for the entertainment!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Holy Crap

Strange tale. Stranger comments.

HA

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I've

Had days like that +50 to counter the -25

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
I gave up after the first 500 words.

wow this was awful

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
500 Words!!!

Brave man getting all the way to 500 words

BriteaseBriteaseover 9 years ago
Very amusing

Pleased to see that you are prepared to experiment with your talent. Gave me a good laugh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A true Farce!

Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Looky Here! Actual Humor on LW

You get a 5 from me.

1. 2122 N Clark Street.

2. More over the top cheating than even SS06 can come up with.

3. Lady

4. My Oldest son Tyrone.

5a. Fucking Cub Fans!

5b. Cardinal Fans!

You should do this more. people need to have their expectations raised. This is the best new story in LW in 2 weeks or more.

Anonymous Andy

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My version

What an incredible pile of stinking...

On the hand, what happened to the talented writer I've been following? This wasn't a misstep so much as a free fall into an alternate dimension of...of...I have no idea what this was supposed to be.

Erotic - nope

Funny - not really

Well written - ok, I have to give you that

Entertaining - nope (although tedious would have gotten you an definite affirmative)

Sad really.

Spers625Spers625over 9 years ago
Loved it

Some people have no sense of humor.

Keep writing!

IronDragonIronDragonover 9 years ago
Some people have no sense of humor.

Fortunately, I have one, and I laughed my ass off! This would have killed it in Humor/Satire! :D

5 Stars.

CSD2CSD2over 9 years ago
and now for something completely different...

If this was in the 'right category, it would have taken me and others that have a sense of humor forever to discover this gem. True, the hard core BTB crowd will hate it, as well as Harry in VA, for he hates everything, however the sheer lunacy was well worth the read.

For those you wished to see the more traditional 'upstanding husband done wrong by evil bitch wife but rises above it anyway richer and with a hotter woman while amassing riches and revenge on the new boyfriend'...Please give them a Lady to hump their head next story. Or A Tyrone to wear their wives underwear. Please distract them while the maitre' d escorts the next couple into their bedroom. But do keep writing more tales. Especially ones like this.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 9 years ago
LOL!!!

I started chuckling by the 3rd paragraph (I don't know what took me so long) and by the end of page 1 it was a full belly laugh. I laughed so hard by the end, I was almost in tears.

Great Story!!! 5* many times over!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Whut?

This story had to be the dumbest, most outrageous, funniest story line I have ever read regardless of what magazine or medium.

You da man.

blkhrtblkhrtover 9 years ago
wtf?

Were you on the booze when you are writing this... umm... tale¿? Hmmmm interesting.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
Come on, really...? How believable is that...?

Moving to an apartment with an EXTRA THOUSAND SQUARE FEET??? That would make for a so - so apartment all on its own...

Huh, and THAT'S what I have issue with...? But really, that sorry is insane in a good way...

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Ouch - fucking Ouch

Great one and you pulled out all the stops - and even killed the dog - poor fella LOL

That was a neat diversion - Keep writing -

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nicely done.

so long as you don't write anything else starting with the letter G or H

this fun little tale will help lift the spirit and salve the hearts of all those readers that go straight on to read it after the pain of the previous story.

xxxhugsxxx

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Meh

thanks for the offering. I give for five stars because it was well written and lived up to the title. Just not my cup of tea.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Dear Oshaw

your reaction to the posts of others indicates that:

you take yourself far too seriously!!!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
I thought this story was funny

Kind of like an extended really bad dream but with a happy ending.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
What's He Doing???

As I started reading this, I thought 'what the hell is Oshaw doing? This isn't like him.' But as I kept reading (and laughing) I caught on. But I do have to say, you missed 1 or 2 stereotypes. I do have to admit that this is one of the few stories that you wrote that I didn't put into 'Favorites', but I did enjoy the reading and entertainment value. I actually had to read the story twice to see what I missed. Thank You for making me laugh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You sure know how to piss people off!

The negative ratings should have been anticipated. I don't think there's any liberal interest group, literotica stereotype, or sexual perversion you have not lampooned in this story. Bravo! You must have been in a rare mood when you conceived this cluster bomb. Well titled!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Ths wasn't funny!

This whackadoodle was hilarious!!

Butt oshaw, you sure did piss off all the teapotty closet faggots.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 9 years ago
Almost didn't read this

Because of the low rating. I am really glad I did, however. Very entertaining...5 stars & and I wish I could give more to make up for the humorless clods that gave it 1 star...great writing...keep 'em coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
i read this...

right after finishing "Grief." What do you take for whiplash? 5*

BelgiumBelgiumover 9 years ago

This was a true dissapointment. You're such a talented writer - many of your stories are wonderfull, like "Gref" - but with this story you completely missed the bus. Whereas Grief merited 5 stars, this doesn't merit na star at all. Start writing more stories like "Grief", "Award", ... and not garbage like this.

jdg0203jdg0203over 9 years ago
Odd (wonderful) humor

45 years ago, when I was overseas in the USMC, my favorite Aunt used to write letters to me in serial form (every few days, she would add a little bit.) One of the letters began with a description of how she broke a nail while repairing some woodwork. The next installment was about her daughter's detention at school for using foul language - the asshole who goosed her got off because there were no witnesses (but she had a huge older brother - ha!) Next, the hay baler broke down when rain was predicted . . . Then a cow died while giving birth - the calf made it. . . . Then her husband had a car accident - his first ever , . . . By this time I was laughing hysterically with tears rolling down my cheeks. My roommates wanted to know what was so funny, so I let them read the letter - they claimed I was sick. Maybe I am, but I had a similar reaction to your story. 5*

virtualatheistvirtualatheistabout 9 years ago
Sorry...

I didn't get the joke.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

What in fuck's sake was this??!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What was tgis about?

Did you do a bunch of drugs when you wrote this? Stick with the other stuff please! Previous stories in a different class to this one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1 star

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
One Star

Started out good then went downhill. I got as far as halfway through the second page and gave up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sorry

Didn't like this story at all. Nowhere near your usual efforts. Why didn't she just call the police when the hillbillies first arrived? Only got 1* from me on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
satire folks

Satirical parody of some us whose real lives as normals in a

world of cuckoos daily

If you didnt recognize the story for what it is be grateful your life is luckier than some others

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
oops

really did need to put this in the Humor & Satire category

i know the Author states @ the beginning of the story that he checked the Lit guidelines etc,etc,etc,,,,,,

...

However .. readers of LW & readers of H&S .. are distinctly two diferent breeds

the people who would enjoy this story will never see it , wrong category & bad story tags ...

most of the people who will read it ... will not GET it ..

although having said that.... maybe that was the Authors Intention lmao

xxxhugsxxx

loved it ,

Hysterically Hilarious & Humongous Happy 5 stars

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Homage

I don’t think you need permission to use his name unless your purporting to be writing about HIM.

JohnChildJohnChildalmost 9 years ago
loved it

Fanbloodytastic a good laugh thanks

AsgerkAsgerkalmost 9 years ago
Thought about leaving out the "H"...

... and I'm soooo glad, I didn't.

Still drying the tears of the "G"-experience.

Wonderful work! Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Just fucking hilarious....Keep it up mate....

SoMikeSoMikeover 8 years ago
Lol!

"Fucking Cubs fans" Go 'Birds!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 8 years ago
Every now and then,

when I want a good laugh, I come back and read this story. It was funny as hell!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It makes you wonder...

.how any of those people got married at all.considering how much sex they were getting on the side

rnebularrnebularover 8 years ago
Laughing my arse off

simply one of the funniest strings of nonsense I have read to date. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dear anony, just fuckig stupid

is what the boys called you in the glee club isn't it? Gave this a 5

IMSmutIMSmutabout 8 years ago
I don't get why this story as such a low rating.

It's hilarious, even being on LW.

Sloburn38Sloburn38about 8 years ago
Wondering

Why didn't HDK want his name mentioned, it is a perfect tribute piece.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Please forget these MORONS with the low scores and negative criticism.

One of the funniest stories me and my boyfriend have ever read. I had to print it out and show him.

Very very very well done... 11 stars out of 5

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 8 years ago
I got a laugh out of it!

I didn't see current score but I gave it a 5* just for total over the top situation and I got to laughing at the end. I did see one comment saying wrong area but weren't there a group of cheaters in it! I think it was a good choice to put in LW. Different but enjoyable.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading!

LindaWLindaWalmost 8 years ago
Hilarious

I don't care where you post. Just glad I found such a funny story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Holy Chrome!

Hilarious. I kept thinking of the Marx Brothers state room scene and the Monty Python bit where all these strange freaks show up at some guys house. They even brought in a goat.

JimC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

fucking well done

very creative

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5*

Crazy fun! LOL!

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Fucking brilliant.

A well earned 11 if I could give it.

grabmyballs2grabmyballs2over 7 years ago
This is fum.

Thanks so much for your creative mind. Most stories don't make me laugh, though you did that in just a couple pages. THANK YOU.

K.K.K.K.over 7 years ago
Very original and very funny

Don't know how I missed this gem before but it is just what I needed tonight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What.

Uh. What just happened? I'm so confuse... Reality? Is that a thing still? No? Oh, ok. Well, in that case, this thing was amazing. If this was a critique/satire of soap operas and reality tv, this was fucking amazing. Loved it. Brilliant. Not one but that didn't make me wonder about my sanity, or make my professor look at me while I was doing my best not to laugh. You get stars, all of the stars possible. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
loved it

for once I was in agreement with all your readers, a writer I could hope to hear more of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
purposely misplaced?

I can only hope this purposefilled fiasco was placed in "loving wivves" in an attempt to add commentary on the ill direction that society seems to be attracted to?

In normal parlance I might expect this in "humor" or possibly "romance" (for the ending)... I would even accept "mystical/magical" or "science fiction" over "luvvy wifies". none-the-less here we are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Who Wrote This?

It damned sure wasn't oshaw!

IrfonIrfonabout 7 years ago
Still laughing here...

...just what I needed after another week of Hell !! HAHAHAHA

slm59slm59about 7 years ago
What a Hoot!

I'm still laughing..:)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous