All Comments on 'Sammy, Tammy, and Me'

by HansTrimble

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
TlalacTlalacover 9 years ago
So That's Why...

Entertaining read. As the parent of a daughter who played softball (shortstop), it was interesting to read that there really is some thinking behind what otherwise seem to be arbitrary rules. So that's why they have those rules. I will look forward to reading more of your work.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

The only downer for me was the excessive amount of space spent on the softball team, it's not my sport & even if it was, I'd rather read up about it on a sport site not on here. 4 ****

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Ok Hans

Fair comment, however even with that tag, I still felt your story contained far to much content about the game. In parts it was almost like a layman's " how to play softball " coaching manual. I'm sure all the softball fans out there most probably understood it & maybe even enjoyed that side of this tale but for me it became monotonous & did little to further, or enhance the story except where it directly impacted on the storyline.

That was the only reason I did not give you a perfect score.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 3 years ago

Sweet story, though there was too much pointless softball filler, made the story feel longwinded.

If the story got trimmed down a page or two, cutting out some of the boring bits, along with adding a bit more dialogue back and forth, rather than long monologues, it could be a great story, instead of just decent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHansTrimble@HansTrimble
114 Followers
I'm an engineer, widowed, retired from the aircraft industry and loving every minute of my retirement! It's great being able to do what I want, when I want, the way I want. I've found it very relaxing to sit at the keyboard at night, when everything is quiet, and write wha...