All Comments on 'I'm Greedy'

by fungetter

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
njlaurennjlaurenover 9 years ago
Sounds

Like you want a guy with a good balance between masculine and feminine energy:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I think you missed one word as an adjective...

genuine.

What happens when you find the guy aspiring to all of that, who listens to what you want, and in an attempt to recreate your fantasy, constructs this only as a façade?

The self doubt of "what happened?" comes in time as familiarity begets a slipping in the imperative.

You need to be offered these suggestions of qualities in a partner, WITHOUT demanding them first, because if they were never there to begin with, you placing these demands on someone else will only temper your success with artificiality.

Just as you should never accept less, in a hope that "one day, they will come to acceptance and change", you need to be equally realistic in what YOU are offering in return for this dreamboat.

Can you lead by example? Perhaps.... but can you also be so caught up in the qualities of your fantasies towards perfection, that you lose sight of the qualities on display, right under your nose that he DOES realistically possess?

Are YOU so perfect as to demand perfection? Or can you at least be a proper judge of a person to know that NOBODY comes to the dance without battle wounds and scars, and that a desire to grow closer, and learn life's lessons together IS possible when BOTH of you are mutually motivated towards wisdom and maturity? That this IS possible without having to WAIT for the change.

If you wait for someone who has learned ALL of life's lessons before you commit, then realize they learned them WITHOUT you, and they will never "need" you, as much as you "need" them.

Lastly, are you the kind of person who can bring out the best in others? If so, did that ever happen AFTER first making a list of demands? Or was it more realistically achieved because that person was self-challenged to be the best they could be because you made them feel that it would be totally worth that effort first.

Carrot or the stick? Nah, just honesty, patience, open mindedness, and compassion.

And Warmth. Yes, it is far too hard to find real warmth in this world.

To what lengths would any man go, to find what is real.

Yes....... Please reconsider the need to be genuine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous