All Comments on 'Aprons For Gayle Ch. 18'

by Addicted2Writing

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Ellienora35Ellienora35over 9 years ago
The Scooba reference

The Scooba reference at the end was perfect. I know she was bothered by Hampshire lying, but their contract specifically talks about humiliation as a hard limit. Isn't the fact that he humiliated her as bad as the lying and a true trust brewing thing? And then after that excersize in trust? He lies to her about the vase? I am not seeing how this is going so well. A few organs (fantastic they may be) shouldn't make up for that.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 9 years ago
Scooby

Stinking auto correct. Scooby-do.

xxClarexxxxClarexxover 9 years ago
Hmmm

I recently stumbled across this story and really enjoying it. The sex is super hot and I love their play sessions. However I think I feel similarly to Ellienora below. I am really annoyed at Hamish and I don't know how much I like him right now. He lied to her about that vase and made her so upset she was panicking. It seemed really cruel to me and I would be devastated at that revelation if I was Gayle. Anyway I love this story and come on guys, you're sooo in love with each other can you just admit it already?!!!! Argh. Lovely writing and super yum sex and I can't wait to see what happens next. Yay!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I don't think the level of distress he allowed/caused her to feel over the damn vase was dealt with adequately. Punished and forgiven, yada yada, but it doesn't always work that way. And you didn't allow him to properly address his lying.

While this chapter is good, it leaves me sad and more than a wee but angry for her.

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 9 years agoAuthor
Readers ...

Yep, I got flack for Hamish's behavior on another site as well. I was going to put a disclaimer at the beginning but didn't. I don't like justifying my character's behaviors.

I guess what point I'm making is that Hamish is human, and sometimes Doms aren't either. Hard to believe, I know. lol

But please stick with him!!! I think Hamish makes it up to Gayle in chapter 19, which I'm almost ... almost finished with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
"…makes it up to her…"

Can't really "make it up" to anyone when you've lied and broken trust. You can only apologize, beg forgiveness and work very hard to repair what you break, but expect scars. Mind-blowing orgasms don't magically make up for anything - ever. Seriously - blowing past hard limits?

FindmywayFindmywayover 9 years ago
Struggling

A2W, you know I love your stories and I'm a loyal follower but I agree with the other comments. D/s is built on trust and I don't think he came remotely close to re-establishing that trust. Not only did he lie he broke one of her hard limits. I was so looking forward to having him expose himself more as he tried to earn her trust back...I hope your teaser is right about what happens next. I don't think loaned jewelry will quite cut it...actually I don't think the real think would cut it either. As you have developed Gayle's character you portrayed her as an intelligent, smart and strong person - if that's the case it will take a great deal more for Hamish to get back into her good graces.

While I trust your direction as the author and the only one who truly knows the direction of the story. I do hope you find a way to circle back and weave it into future chapters. I would also hope you find a way to give Gayle someone to talk to...she is on this path with no-one to help guide her and it seems so unfair to be so far away from family and no one to talk to about anything she is feeling.

Looking forward to seeing where you take us!

KatherineAlexKatherineAlexover 9 years ago
They are human... not perfect...

I for one love the complexity of their relationship. I love that he's human and makes mistakes. It makes him far more loveable in my opinion. I am relieved that he is not this perfect, godlike, rich, knight of a Dom... we get that fantasy in many other stories here. Loved the scene too. ;) Keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Love it!

I just want to tell you how much I love these two people. Please, I don't care how long it takes! Longer is good as I don't want the series to end but when it does I sure hope they are together in Scotland. Keep writing. You are talented!

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 9 years agoAuthor
Controversial, huh?

Wow! Looks like I really blew this chapter, huh? I appreciate the brutally honest comments. I don't expect nice comments all the time, because overall these were on point. At least I didn't hear, "This sucked." PS—Waiting for an anon ‘this sucked.’ lol

Thanks guys. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

FindMyWay: Unfortunately I do a lot of foreshadowing that I’m sure leaves readers scratching their heads, but there’s a reason for it. Thank you for the lovely compliment and honest critique.

KatherineAlex: Thanks for defending me. :-) I admit, I did miss the mark on this chapter. Trust me, in real life Doms DO make mistakes, but I didn’t realize there would be such a reaction, which weirdly is a learning experience.

Anon: Thank you. I’m looking at next summer for this to be over! Lol I’m fighting with myself not to rush it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I want more....

I'm addicted to this story, and this chapter was just brilliant. Love Hamish, Love Gayle, Love Bessie. Please I want more, more, more....like a chapter a day would be nice. ;) I guess that is asking for too much though. Can't wait for chapter 19. :)

Tootsall222Tootsall222over 9 years ago
Thoroughly Enjoyable but...

I'm an impatient sort and prefer to read "beginning to end" in a single session. Having to wait an indefinite time for the next instalment drives me batty. Loving the entire premise and development process however. Possibly your best story so far.

"Five of the best"

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 9 years ago

Forgive me, A2W, for just getting around to reading this now. I plead extreme busyness!

So am I the only one who is able to accept Hamish's behavior here? I've been in that situation - try to do something I think is funny (in this case pull what he probably thought amounted to a practical joke), and then it turns out the audience didn't find it funny at all, and in fact have reacted horribly. You could tell from when you wrote Hamish's POV that he thought he'd give her a bit of a fright and it would all be in good fun and he could surprise her with some orgasms instead of a major punishment. And like some jokes, it went wrong on her end and she reacted very strongly to it, being probably way more terrified than he originally intended. He overdid it. I agree with the notion that he's a human being and sometimes people make mistakes in judgement. Perhaps I'm more ready to accept that a character in a story has done this because 1) imperfect human being theory above, IMO makes characters richer and less tropey, and 2) I'm fine with reading a BDSM tale that doesn't have to involve every strict rule that exists in The Lifestyle. A Dom or sub is "not supposed" to do this or that, OK, yes I'm aware of the conventions, but I also have the ability to go on the journey the author is taking me on without needing it to conform to rules for real life play. But then again, I read/write Non-con, and rape is certainly against the rules of real life play, so perhaps I'm just a different segment of the audience.

My favorite lines this chapter:

"...small two-carat diamond earrings..." - this makes me feel really poor LOL

"I'm a Scorpio." - my astrologer half dances with glee at this reference.

"Get your asp in here,' she read." - I liked the auto-correct humor. Things like this make a story timely.

I'll check out 19 as soon as I can, A2W. I'm sure it'll be great!

-D&T/Eris

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous