All Comments on 'Aprons For Gayle Ch. 19'

by Addicted2Writing

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
xxClarexxxxClarexxover 9 years ago
Five huge stars

I love this story. I love Gayle and I love their play sessions. But honestly, I don't love Hamish very much right now. He has a lot to learn about how to treat someone you care about, and I hope he learns all those lessons. It feels like he didn't get properly punished for his major transgression and Gayle barely seemed concerned by what he did? Or maybe that's just me. And the way he gets all mad with her all the time when she speaks up, and the fact that he went off with that girl at the end? I'd have slapped him in the face! He shouldn't have gone anywhere at all with the skanky ho! Grrr. Anyways. Love the story and obviously these characters are only human and screw up, and I am intrigued by all of that. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. Thanks for sharing with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Only as far as your intro

About the case thing. You say he didn't hurt her and made it pleasurable. What about the mental pain he put her through? Physical pain passes and even the memory of it is tempered over time (if it didn't there would be no second children) but mental pain stays sharp and crisp no matter the passage of time.

People are not perfect. I do like Hammish. But he can occasionally be a git.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 9 years ago
I wish she had done more with Hamish

She brings him her contract and says "You broke my hard limits." He pretty much says "Oops, sorry, and moves on.) I would like too have seen her saying something like, "Since you broke out contract agreement, I have the right to go home with all my money. I would like to think we have moved on from strictly a boss, employee relationship, but if we haven't I need to know now because if you can't respect my limits and me, I am gone.

Moving her into her own big room, a trip to see a castle, and some borrowed is cool, but she really deserved that anyway for how much she has done for him. I want to see him truly giving back and stopping the emotional pain. Indon't want him to be perfect, but I do want to see him grow, i don't feel I've seen that yet. To me, he still seems like a selfish jerk.

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 9 years agoAuthor
Ellieanor...

..Thank you for your constructive criticism. I understand and agree with you completely. Your words were put perfectly.

And, trust me! Gayle will stand up for herself in the next chapter!!! And in future chapters, a lot is going to happen that will change their relationship completely.

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 9 years agoAuthor
xxClarexx....

I understand your concern about Hamish getting away with stuff re: Gayle, but she won't be putting up with it for much longer! thanks for sticking with the story.

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 9 years ago

"Mr. Hamish Middle-Name-Unknown McDougal" - nice touch. :) I like this little nugget.

I loved the pictire-taking scene - so cute when everyone else sees their natural chemistry and totally knows what's up. MUSH!

"He's my date, you ho." - HAhahahah!! This line made me laugh.

I can't believe I read that chapter so fast! I got to the end and was like, "AHHH! No! More! Must have more!" Especially with all the beating-around-the-bush banter they had at the end there with just coming out about their real and obvious feelings for each other.

One thing I was starving for was more of Gayle's reaction to Hamish winning the bid on the castle weekend for her. I do hope when she sobers up the next day we hear more from her on what she's thinking about that whole thing. I wanna stay in a haunted castle!! :P

5 stars from me :)

FindmywayFindmywayover 9 years ago
Agree

A2W, As you know, I agree with Clare and Ellinore based on my comments on Chapter 18...it appears that you will address them going forward. One additional comment regarding his responses - is that he continues to mentally torment her while knowing her growing concern for her mother. That's where I struggle with Hamish...I have a serious love/hate relationship with this man. I am so in his corner - but he continues to do such block head things.....I'm not looking for perfection but more compassion.

I too love how everyone is able to see their attraction for each other...but they remain clueless.

Love this story - please continue...waiting patiently (NOT) for the next chapter.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 9 years ago
Truthfully

I hated the last chapter. Having her crying in fear so wasn't good. This chapter though, the humour and compassion returned, the bantering with Jack, the obvious attraction for her, Jack and him both silently bidding on the castle..excellent.

I can't actually say I like Hamish yet but I can see that deep down his heart is in the right place.

Lovely writing had me reading this again so thank you

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 9 years agoAuthor
MJ and other commenters...

MJ: You are right, MJ. I think I did take chapter 18 too far, but what’s done is done. And I’m slowly bringing his ‘real self’ out. Thanks for the comment. In case you read this: I’m having trouble with the build-up with the you-know-what, so bear with me, please.

FINDMYWAY: Hamish has been a mystery to me, as well, and not very easy to write. But who understands men, anyway?! Don’t worry, he’ll come around. Compassion—I agree with that. I know I’m not showing that, but am working on it.

DEATHANDTAXES: Is mush good or bad? lol That scene has been written in my head for a while and played out just the way I wanted it to. The ending of the chapter was good, but starting chapter 20 has REALLY thrown me! I’m just not getting the feel of it like that last two chapters. I’ll get there, though. And the Castle will be explored more in chapter 20.

Kaffeine1Kaffeine1over 9 years ago
Loving this chapter!

Something I love about your writing: you posted a link to the article about the castle, complete with lots of gorgeous pictures- and it's lovely!- but in this chapter everything seemed so much more real, more magical, per your description. I think everyone raised on Disney movies loves when the leading lady gets all dolled up, and that definitely did not disappoint. Hamish's reaction was priceless. I have a question: was the weekend at Glamis recompense for breaking her hard limit? And is he intending on reviewing her hard limits often so that he can see if they become flexible over time?

Thanks for posting! The story continues to be delicious!

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 9 years agoAuthor
Chap 20 up beginning of next week...

... if not sooner. I was having trouble getting the beginning the way it should be. Commenters made it a little difficult to get myself back on track.

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 9 years agoAuthor
To Kaffeine

Kaffeine: Thank you for your comment. I had them on the stairs and staring at the other in my head for weeks. I’ve learned not to over-describe a room, and here I guess it worked. No, Hamish didn’t bid for Glamis for breaking her hard limit. He really, truly, sincerely wants her to see more of Scotland. This was just his way of doing that, in a small way. Reviewing hard limits: That is one detail I forgot from the original contract back in chapter 1. I won’t dwell on a checklist, but yes, I will have them review her hard limits. Thanks for reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

What's happened to the gold digger. All that was said after a date that things did not go good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More Aprons

I've spent the last few days reading your Aprons for Gayle series as well as the Comments for A2W mini-series. I'm glad you've been inspired again (at least, it appears you have) and I hope you continue writing without feeling like you have to justify your creative work.

I have a penchant for any accent of the British Isles, but Scottish has got to be my favorite, so I can really hear Hamish talking in my head (sometimes not just when I'm reading!). I feel like I'm going on an odyssey with Gayle and can't wait to find what she discovers next. Will it be love???!!!

Great chapter, though I wish they had a quick pantry shag. I'll keep my eye out for the next one.

-Scarlet

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingover 9 years agoAuthor
Wildescarlet...

... I will keep 'pantry shag' on the back burner. Love that idea. Thanks for your comment; it made me smile. You've put it correctly--I do feel like I have to justify what H & G do, but then again, the constructive criticisms are useful. Things are just getting heated between the two! Stay tuned ...

amandaxxamandaxxabout 9 years ago
Excellent work!

I loved this whole story series - well done A2W. As a girl from the North of England it resonated with me...love it! X

PerkypandaPerkypandaalmost 9 years ago
Where are you

It has been awhile since you have made a submission. I am dieing to know where Hamish and Gayle are. Come back A2W!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous