All Comments on 'That Morning'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

As you stated, that day changed many lives. We never stop to consider just how it changed some of them. Well written, thought provoking story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Makes you think

A very different view of a very tragic day. Well done.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
It's A Read

Did not like, Will not rate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'd bet there are a bunch of Jane Does out there

not something I'd thought about, but considering the number of Type A personalities that worked in those buildings under lots of pressure, I'd bet there are lots of Jane Doe's with mixed feelings about that day. God willing they have been able to get help, and I hope, they have broken the cycles of violence for their families.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
You Know

That horrible day changed many lives. This is the first time I ever considered that someone's life was changed for the better. Interesting perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
it happened

what did u do to stop it, get over it. were u one of the lucky ones who made money off

it from the tax payers.

1 star

Fighting41Fighting41over 9 years ago
Good Story

Not everyone who died is a saint there were flawed people like everyone else. This story just covers that point.

Well done to the author for having the guts to write a story on the subject matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice

Powerful but could use some tightening up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Best of your works that I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent, thought provoking story

Thumbs up for addressing a topic so sensitive and relevant to so many. Sadly, it's not only spouses but grown "children" that are deeply affected by domestic abuse. Having been threatened repeatedly by both "parents" with life ending violence decades ago... Let us just say that some are not so fortunate to come from good families thereby finding it necessary to live in fear with no other choice than to never have a phone number listed in either partners name, security codes on ALL accounts even newspaper delivery, etc. ... Those of us who have survived that hell understand the relief when finally both "parents" are gone. There are those of us who have not other choice that to bide our time until such dangerous 'family members' die.. Callous though it might sound to some, my spouse and I just celebrated the final death of the last one.

PleasepleasePleasepleaseover 7 years ago
Anon - "Excellent, thought provoking story"

Beautifully and powerfully said Anon. Along with you and others who have stood in grace and recognition, I too applaud Tara_Neale for having so bravely addressed a topic far too many in our society choose to ignore. Imagine the scores of infants, adolescents, young and more mature adults lives who could have been and still be saved just by one person taking a stand and speaking out when such atrocities are suspected or worse yet, witnessed. Our prisons are full of victims turned perpetrators of some sort or another. No, this does not excuse those crimes by any means. However, for each child/individual we can save from abuse, a multitude of lives can be spared.

For those naysayers, WAKE UP!!! It is both all of our legal and moral responsibility to take a stand, speak up, report and follow through. We take pride in that ours is not a country that sends children off to war; however, how much better is our nation if we do not protect our people from the types of home groan terrorists as John Doe?!

Again, Ms. Tara, on behalf of all of us who care to know the truth and battle against abuse... I offer my personal gratitude for so eloquently putting into words a sample of the private wars being fought every day, here in the United States, behind closed doors.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2500 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

story TAGS