All Comments on 'A Hero's Return Pt. 02'

by callmesparky

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments
chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Good but ....

I say that a lot :-O

Anyway, this chapter felt rushed and could have used better separation between the characters pieces.

Still great plot and characters. Let's call s more of a "format" issue.

Tux.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This is soooo bad

I actually laughed through most of it. So formulaic, predictable, and repetitive of prior “our wronged hero gets run over by a runaway garbage truck stories” seems like plagiarism. But maybe it will get a non formula ending; something other than the exwife nurses him back to health and 1] gives him a leg transplant so how can he not love her, and/or 2] she feeds him baby food since he's now a dribble glass person and then gives him oral for the rest of his life so he tolerates her around, and/or 3] she finds out he has a relationship with a nurse he met and so she quietly assumes the subservient role in a 3 some just so she can be near him and atone for her sins... There's maybe more; you know them. Still hoping he gets elected Mayor. Maybe then he'll give a big speech to get the whole town to forgive her. Then the sun will come out, birds will sing, flowers will bloom again... More cliches. Good grief this so bad, its starting to work on the SO BAD ITS GOOD LEVEL. LOL.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Doubtful

Starting to lose me with this plot. The fact that she went back to Connelly, the terrible injuries, the change of heart and her desire to take care of her crippled husband, his allowing her to come for a visit! - this is turning into a sick and pathetic cuckold story. Here is how it goes for a man who is a man: He goes back to Afghanistan because he has to, he realizes that his military career has contributed to his wife's affair, he swears he will get home to take care of his daughter ASAP, he stays safe and DOES HIS JOB as a father and makes it home, he completes the divorce and moves on with his life, he finds a decent woman and slowly forgets about his cheating slut ex wife, he and his daughter have next to no contact with her, she dies young because she is shacked up with Connelly and they have next to no health insurance and she doesn't go to the doctor regularly anymore, by the time the find the cancer it is too late to do anything about it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

I knew it. I could see it at the end of ch. 1. Bottom line, the cunt got away with it.

What the fuck

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 9 years ago
It's a great story!

It hit too close to home for many, but it is still well written. Forgiveness should not be ruled out because some people hate reconciliation stories. The story should go where YOU want to take it. Keep on writing! *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Forgiveness

In case you all have forgotten:- Forgiveness is the biggest test of courage and integrity!

Also:-'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' - someone famous said that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sad wimp story ?

part 1-3*

PART 2-1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
same old formula

Looks like we are heading for a very predictable outcome, how about ending this story in a unexpected manner? Don't let Bob and Kathy get back together; at the last minute change the story line. Shock your audience.

Most of the betrayal stories in 'loving wives" involve unrealistic and predictable forgiveness. Write something different.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
Poorly edited

And, Kathy is a cartoon character, not a real person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Nope, you're ruining it, won't read the next chapter as I can already see you are going to reconcile them. 1*

dmhackdmhackover 9 years ago
Damn

I really liked Chapter One.

This chapter was shrill and annoying.

I disagreed with others who said your dialogue in Chapter One was unrealistic--I thought it and the narrative had the perfect tone of someone in the military.

The dialogue here was... painful. Very, very painful. It was too long, too stilted and you, like other newish writers, attempted to inject narrative information into the dialogue.

As for the story--it's going in a predictable direction that's been played out many, many times before. I'd hoped for better.

I gave you five stars last time. Now, you get one.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Life is cruel...

Life most times is cruel, and punishes who less deserves. That's a fact. That's what happened with him. But life also has devious ways to repair what went wrong...Still a good story...

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Uh Oh!

Headed downhill fast!

C'mon Sparky let the major keep his balls. If the taliban didn't blow them off, then you shouldn't either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
ok in comes the born again whore for forgiveness

a very good RAAC, she publically whored on him with the mayor, then in act of maturity showing she had grown up she moved in with her fellow adulterer. A seriously injured war hero needs help she moves in, and they reconcile, please oh dear god don't go down that path its to pathetic. Let him meet a young mature nurse that falls in love with him and marries him, and let the whore die of AIDS. Love the part where the exmayor forgives her and lets her move in with him

SKHPSKHPover 9 years ago
Wife's character & actions are more and more inconsistent

How the wife acted when cheating, when discovered and later when following her lover is not a bit in line with how she expressed her feelings in the letter to her husband. Are we dealing with two different persons here? Without explanation of these inconsistencies (perhaps with a counselor?) I cannot vote on this story any more. How many chapters will follow? We obviously have a reconcilliation ahead. But after all she did - especially after discovery of her affair - IMO this hardly is a case for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Clearly a "1."

This author is disgracing the members of the armed services and should be banned from Literotica! I have so e-mailed Literotica.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Come on, people...

... Please don't tell me that anybody actually thought this was going to end well. The dead give away was Kathy's "brave" confession at Donald's news conference in Pt. 01. RAAC fans can rejoice because anybody with half a brain knows that's exactly where this story is heading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Knew it

I knew it was coming, I didn't even waste the time reading the entire story. Shame there isn't a 0* option. Nothing against the writing, you are fine with that, but I can't condone the path the story is taking. I'm a retired Marine, and saw this story to many times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

OK part one, I wanted her burned. She showed no remorse. IN fact she asked her husband to send her birth control pills so she could keep cheating on him. also she didnt stay with family or a hotel when they split. She lived with her lover.

Then she moved to the other state with him.

Now these clearly show she didnt want the husband, and frankly were nails in the coffin of the marriage. The story was well written to reflect its death.

Part 2. She is completely different, and its written, very well, to want us to have them reconcile.

Each part well done. But the damage in part one was so complete it doesnt match part 2. If part 2 was set after immediately after he returned to confront them, then it meshs. But this is like 2 different stories.

I am curious how the author will complete the tale. Revert back to part 1, or proceed with part 2. I would say it has to lead to reconcile, the story is in a corner in that regards.

brokenpolebrokenpoleover 9 years ago
Two ways

In a cheating wife story there are only two ways it can go. They get back together or they don't. The way this story seems to be going I guess is the way I like. I chose to forgive my wife twice and we have been married for 42 years.

Some are going to be surprised if they get back together and some will be surprised if they don't. That is what makes these stories special, at least to me. The great parts of these stories is how they get there. bp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
And you fucked up

Once a cheater, always a cheater. Forgiveness only invites further betrayals.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
awsome story

great story with a great main character. at least his ex-wife has finally come to realize that she really did him wrong. hope to the next chapter soon

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
"As the sand flows through the hour glass..."

Good lord. The overwrought emotional dialog...the heroism...the despair...the shame...

Cue the organ music.

THIS is what people like to read in the Loving Wives category???

SMH.

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
Loved it

5* feel good story. Even broken, self hating, miserable humans deserve the right to the pursuit of happiness with the rest of their lives. This story is one of them. I have the same misgivings as most responses but then there is always the higher option.

I also want to raise a question. What is the worth of an anonymous response?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
That was a nose-dive.

I am sorry Sparky, but after the great part 1 this felt like a serious let-down.

It reads almost like a tagged-on "feel-good Disney-ending" with no substance or character development of any kind. The wife suddenly sees all her mistakes, the lover magically transforms into a one dimensional villain, the flawless and heroic husband becomes even MORE heroic and gratiously forgives, yadda yadda yadda. There is no conflict, no tension, no emotion. It's basically just an elaborate piece of exposition.

On a technical level this part wasn't as good as part 1 either. The structure was erratic, editing was kinda sloppy and so on. Which leads me to believe that you did this in a hurry or maybe just as an obligation to the readers.

In summary, part 2 was a lot like Highlander 2 - it shouldn't exist in it's current form. You wrote a very fine part 1 that easily stands on it's own. If you do want to continue the story, you should at least write a second part that "adds" some substance.

You are getting a "3" for this one (part on was a "5") because you are still a good writer. But this wasn't your best work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Whoa, wait a second...

This is the wife's POV, and everyone is assuming what will happen next. There is no doubt what Kathy did was the lowest possible thing an Army wife could do. I won't rehash everything, but remember she took off her wedding rings, told people she was getting a divorce, asked her daughter to get her birth control pills, and make up. The kicker was after being discovered she went to her lover, stayed with him, and fucked him.

Bob gets mad and leaves for duty, end of chapter one.

Chapter 2 is mostly her perspective. But we discover Bob got savagely hurt, which most will agree was going to happen based on the words used to end chapter one.

Am I right?

Now Kathy through all this had her wonderful "epiphany", ...oh Bob you were right, I was such a fool...and so on, and so on. Oh yes the wanton whore, the slut, has magically transformed back to the beautiful wife and mother as she leaves her lovers den, AGAIN, and waits expectantly for her family to take her back. Wasn't that a beautiful letter she wrote, explaining how such a tragic poor little girl she was seduced by the big bad mayor....

Let's think about this. If Kathy did NOT become a slut, then Bob would NOT have went back to duty angry. Odds are he would have been "on the top of his game" Instead he goes back full of spit and vinegar, and not firing on all cylinders. I am sure the military personnel who read this will understand, (thank you for your service too).

Bob gets savagely hurt, losing body parts, etc.

Kathy did this to him, Kathy DID THIS TO HIM. Her selfish betrayal of a man serving in the armed forces caused a loving husband, father to become grievously wounded serving his country, and because of her CUNTry, he is in the hospital.

I honestly cannot see Bob consider taking her back. His character would not allow it. He will always love Kathy she is the mother of Stacy. He is hurt and rationalizing, not uncommon in these circumstances. Cut the man some slack.

Back to Kathy's letter and the conclusion of this anonymous "long winded" comment. Her revelation, her epiphany, her awakening has happened. Ladedadeda.

In her closing comment, she could see Bob and then commit suicide, the easy way out and place more hurt on Bob, or she could nurse him and hope her "feminine wiles" will re-seduce her husband.

BUT, as the story unfolded and like most of you getting angrier and angrier at what COULD happen, a light bulb went off. Read his response carefully. What word is missing?

Kathy,

You can come.

Bob

End Part 2.

L-O-V-E

That word missing from his short to the point response to me speaks volumes, and if I am wrong and it is a reconciliation story, this will be a very sad human tragedy. Because as written, the wife pushed every single button to drive him away. I cannot see a strong military man demean himself and take her back.

He is worth everything, she is worth nothing.

I am thinking this chapter is what some excellent writers do. It is called a MISDIRECTION, but instead of a paragraph CMS wrote an entire chapter....

So the question is, not for this chapter but the next. A one or a five?

I hope this is a prophecy,

Chapter 1 4.55

Chapter 2 2.88

Chapter 3 4.76

Now wouldn't that be interesting?

Don't fuck this up Callmesparky

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Keep at it...

I'm enjoying this story, but I have a problem with part two.

Here's what I like.

First, there's nothing inconsistent in Kathy's behavior in part two. The inconsistency was in part one when she allowed herself to be manipulated by Don. She was vulnerable and he took advantage; had she been stronger their affair would never have happened. But her exposure as an adulterous began to restore her to her original nature. Her husband's injury has only triggered further remorse. To many anonymous readers Kathy can only be a saint or a demon; she's neither. We know almost nothing about her except she married a strong man who left to serve his country. We don't know anything about her upbringing, her father, or her mother. Let's see where Calllmesparky takes her.

Second, our hero hasn't denied his deep affection for his wife. He hasn't forgiven her, but his manliness won't let him cut her off. He'll protect her yet if he can. he may never forgive her. He may never take her back, but he certainly won't try to destroy her. Only a weak man, a man with no character would do that.

I do have two problems with part two.

First the daughter is fifteen; she's been consistently far too mature for someone that age. Let's try to remember she's still an adolescent. Her hormones are working at full tilt. Those are brand new tits on her chest, and older boys have certainly been prowling around. She should be a jumble of ragged emotions, and she most definitely needs her mom just as much as she needs her dad. That last piece is scary; she probably thinks she hates mom but she needs her too.

Second, I wished our hero hadn't been wounded. His injuries could be far worse than we've been; the pelvis thing is troubling. Second, I'm afraid we might end up trivializing the wounded warrior thing, and that would be tragic.

Last, some 'anon' said he, or she, wants to contact Laurel because he, or she, is upset about the possibility of a reconciliation or something. I'd like to remind that 'anon'; there were over 500,000+ deaths in WW2, 35,000+ Korean fatalities, 58,420+ Vietnam deaths, and 5,000+ Iraq/Afghan deaths. This does not count the many hundreds of thousands of wounded. Every death, every wounded man, or woman, had, or has, his or her own unique story. Whatever this author writes will be valid in that context. Saying you're going to complain to laurel is akin to running to 'mommy' because you don't like what you read, and 'running to mommy' is not manly.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
A second comment to the 'retired marine' comment writer.

Yes, what we're reading is a common theme. I wished that all war-time wives were always faithful, but too often they're not. The veteran comes homes and he's awash in emotions spanning the spectrum from bright hope to deepest despair. I find this story troubling, even potentially tragic. I want to see where callmesparky takes us. I want the damn thing to end well for Kathy and our major. I sure don't want payback or revenge. We need a few happy endings; our veterans deserve a few happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I agree

With carvohi,

There is a big difference between the first and second chapter and there seems to be a big miss in the daughter. Please do remember she is only 15, and now living with her grandmother. Too much useless dialogue about the wife really saying nothing and going round and round aimlessly. Your first chapter was fast moving and had direction.

You are a good writer so please continue to work your craft.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 9 years ago
Interesting use . .

. . . of disassociated and quite disjointed dialogue between the key characters. I like the approach.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Lousy writing

Learn to control your word flow, how to construct a sentence, just everything. This awful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

liked the first chapter, but you seem to be rushing the story now, and it looks like its just another cucky wimp-ass husband forgiving the - in this case - appalling wife, shame ,you showed promise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
disappointing ch 2

I cannot believe the 2nd chapter was written by the same person who wrote chapter 1. Even the characters have changed tack. Seems to be going along the lines of the hero husband being nursed back to health by whore wife - she is redeemed. Done before .. hope it does not go this way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
just nother wimpy self cucky taler

joining hands with the dgs, rks, slurpy puffies and many other zombie morons

1 star *

1 STAR

1 *

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
The POV's were a mess, but

the underlying issue is interesting. Here is a badly damaged man, both mentally and physically. He really will need a lot of help to get his life straight. Where will he get it? As terrible as his wife's actions were, he has few options. What is the best thing for him personally? It may well be to allow his ex to help him through the rough weeks ahead. After he is back on his foot, he may cut her loose, or he may not. Right now he needs to heal, and if having her around helps the guy, then God bless him! He deserves any and all chances at happiness he can get.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
in real life

i would hate a person like don but in this story he is the only person who is real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
damn you matt morau clones

Lately wimp authors seem to be multiplying. It looked that you had potential, but at the end you wimped out too. 1 star

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I'm "enjoying" this story.

Many of us saw RAAC coming in the first chapter. That was troubling enough, but now we've learned she followed Donald to his new home. Maybe CMS will surprise us with an ending we've never seen in a story like this. Speaking of Donald, no way he was paid enough as Mayor to afford his big, black Mercedes and the lifestyle which he apparently led. And now he's the Asst. Mgr. at a restaurant? Does not compute.

Oh, and the "tags" are very weak. I'll never be able to find this story if I use tags that would seem to make sense. (cheating? cheating wife? war hero? injured soldier? etc?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Forget

the wimpy useless,semi-illiterates that make so many stupid infintile comments. i know that this only a story,but how many military men of many nations have undergone the treatment that Crawford has?

Sidney43Sidney43over 9 years ago

Yes, it was a bit hard to follow the different points of view and figure out who was doing the narrative, but overall the story has a gritty edge to it that I like. The daughter is portrayed a bit too adult in her conversations with her mom and the dialog is more like what the husband would say during emotional confrontations.

The anti RAAC crowd will hate any reconciliation, but he still loves his wife and she loves him. Right now they need each other and sharing time will be good for both of them. Whether they actually reconcile remains to be seen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Please don't give her the forgiveness she seeks. He can allow her her request but should establish what she did and continued to do after the separation is unexceptable. It'll kill this story if he goes back on his actions because of his injuries. He more than ever could kill the former mayors reputation even more as a hero and should do so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

keep writing this is good and i think he will forgive her

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You need a editor...

This was very poorly written with the POV transitions being very hard to follow and a lack of bridging details.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The code

The Major can not take his wife back because as an United States military officer he is bound by this simple code:

"I will not lie, cheat or steal. Nor tolerate those that do."

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow!

This was REALLY poorly done! The dialogue is ridiculous. The first chapter, although lacking, was still better written then this. Just a couple of notes for the author for future reference; When you go to another paragraph within quotes, the start of the paragraph has quotation marks but not the end until the quote is over. IE:

"He said I was wounded.

"I told him, who cared."

ALSO; When you change characters you need a scene change indicator. Bouncing back and forth between people is confusing otherwise.

I think you should keep writing but you have a lot to learn. Read your own work objectively, as if it was someone else' and critique it. Then make adjustments. Good luck in the future.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Saw this chapter coming a mile away

Not credible for a woman to repent like this one appears to be doing. Looks like an RAAC train wreck coming. Much better would be for both parties to meet someone new.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Weak plot you can do better than this

After chasing the ex mayor after the shit hit the fan , this women is so lost no amount of atonement could ever make up for her bad behavior. The major will need help , so if he wants her to be his slave and not let her off the hook ,so be it.

frasnostfrasnostover 9 years ago
Tepid

Though this and the first instalment are much better than the frequent gutter tripe which posted in LW, this story lacks soul. For me it reads like a copy & paste (albeit tried and tested) template with unbelievable characters.

The wronged husband is a military hero and so this by default means the average joe cannot relate to him; even then there is no substance to his character which can make him a tragic character worthy of our sympathy, aside from the fact that he was cheated on.

Wifey is more of an enigma. If she is so loving as we are led to believe by Hubby's recollections, how can she step out on him in such a brazen fashion? And why in the hell would she risk negative public exposure by having an immoral tryst with the mayor of all public figures, when she knows she has a lot to lose by stepping out on her army husband? She may be drunk on sluttiness, but one would assume she'd be aware of her precarious public position to even attempt such a delicious yet dangerous temptation.

Secondly, I'm weary of unfaithful wives who rue the loss of their cheated husbands in the aftermath of a decimated marriage; if they were bold enough to try strange dick, one would think they were astute enough to recognize the marriage was a failure and so move on to greener pastures without so much as batting an eyelid. But no, we have to read about weepy, repentant tramps who miss the good ol' life. This type of woman is a rare breed indeed.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
sparky...

It appears you really rushed through this. I'm not sure why, maybe you were just anxious to get it published.

Take your time. I don't like first person bouncing back and forth in a story but if you're going to do it, you must use something to indicate a scene change.

Also, things seem too abrupt. One minute the wife is thinking of marrying her lover and the next, after a quick argument, she considers him dead to her. Something like that needs a lot more build up.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
sparky...

It appears you really rushed through this. I'm not sure why, maybe you were just anxious to get it published.

Take your time. I don't like first person bouncing back and forth in a story but if you're going to do it, you must use something to indicate a scene change.

Also, things seem too abrupt. One minute the wife is thinking of marrying her lover and the next, after a quick argument, she considers him dead to her. Something like that needs a lot more build up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Slow down

This was almost unreadable. If you're going to bounce back and forth in first person narrative, then there needs to be some white-spacing, or other indication that the narrator has changed. The whole thing just feels really, really, rushed. A shame, really, since the first chapter had promise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well I like the story...

I would read this story without any of the deranged sex others seem to want. It's a good one and most importantly deals with real issues of returning Vets. I look forward to more chapters and will be more than happy to wait for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Re. "Deranged sex"

There is a category for stories without any "deranged sex." It's called Non-Erotic.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
UGH, Worthless

First of all, as someone else said, you can't keep bouncing back and forth with no indication of who is speaking.

Second, while I understand Bob's lack of concern for himself, he should have thought about his daughter before taking unnecessary risks.

And finally, if he takes her back, it would have been better if he died over there. He should tell her that if she wants to do anything for him she should just go far away and leave him alone.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

I believe there's a lot more truth here than meets the eye concerning military personnel being cheated on. That, of course, includes both genders. Story line is pretty good. I've no problem discerning which character is speaking when you change paragraphs. It fits in okay with the story. I'm enjoying it. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
At least some

of these cuckies always bringing up non-erotic, when they should really be honest with themselves and stick to gay male, should enjoy chapter 3 when one can only assume this suddenly heroic wife will be nursing hubby back to health, feeding him cream pies like a mother bird. After all, they must reconcile, however absurd the possibility may seem. At any costs!

swm56swm56over 9 years ago
special place in hell for a wife like her

keep the story going its great,,,,,had a cheating bitch 4 a wife myself,if the major takes her back then i hope it turns into a BDSM story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yup.

Started strong,Now turning to shit. I would have thought that having a teenage daughter at home would be reason enough for the Major to live....Guess not. Oh,And what a surprise... Wifey's on her way! Mmmmmm? A German military hospital. Lots of wounded men, Doctors,and Nurses. At least Kathy will be busy as she works her way through the personnel on the base. Maybe the author should change his name to callmecucky. -BGunns

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Chaning POVs and You Seemingly Took the Cheap Way Out

The first time you changed POV you included something to mark the change. After that, nada. If you’re going to keep on changing the POV, use something every time it changes.

<P>

This may be for future reference since, from the arrival of this chapter the day after the first, I infer you have written the entire story. Normally, that would be good since it means you are writing your story and not because – pro or con—the reaction of others, but there are too many grammatical mistakes (such as this and punctuating dialogue) that could be corrected if you were following the usual, write, post, write, post, etc. sequence.

<P>

As others pointed out, having him injured and now, presumably, this giving her an in or him needing to rely on her is a cheap and easy way of forcing a reconciliation. If you didn’t just throw this into the mix, reconciliation would have been forced and illogical, given what you wrote in Chapter 1. The problem is, if it does occur, is that it’s still forced. Using this as the catalyst for a reconciliation isn’t clever, it isn’t a great twist, it’s cheap and clichéd. It’s trite. It shows you wanted a reconciliation at any cost, logic and reason be damned. It shows you didn’t want to make the effort to think up a logical and reasonable conclusion that grew out of what you set up.

<P>

That said, if it DOESN’T lead to a reconciliation, it’s still cheap and it’s shallow. You maimed your main character for pretty much no reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One star

This is the same woman that asked her husband for birth control pills after getting kicked out.

Now they reconcile. Where's my barf bag?

Do us a favor and skip part 3.

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124over 9 years ago
Still very good...

but I agree with the Anonymous who complained about the changing point of views. The row of stars marked the obvious transition, but flopping back and forth was kind of disconcerting. If nothing else, put three asterisks *** between the POV's to help us to read it.

As I tell most of the authors I comment to, pay no attention to the Anonymous naysayers. You write what you like. And I've enjoyed the first two. I enjoy the cheating wife stories, even though I have the most faithful wife in the world myself. 5 stars again

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
Massive disappointment

First, I absolutely HATE when a character, who has been unabashedly evil before, 'gets religion' and chants 'Mea Culpa' endlessly! 'Selfish' doesn't evaporate ... at best, it just gets into disguise!

Second ... I concur that thoughtful presentation (especially marking PoV switches) is abysmally absent in Ch2.

Third, 'Deus ex Machina' devices (such as getting the protagonist 'blowed up') are VERY weak, and shoulda dissappeared with Early Greek plays! It is a mark of laziness and lack of imagination. Ch1 was OK where it ended...shoulda stopped right there, IMHO!

3* and generous, at that.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
@ANON 'Yup'

Landstuhl is a US Military hospital IN Germany. It is NOT a German hospital. It is the main Third Level hospital for combat-injured allied troops in Europe, Africa and NearEast.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So where's part three?

Well?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To the know it all's

First off how many of you have been in the armed forces? ??

1. For him to be injured is quite feasible. Been there seen it so back off numnuts.

2. When you have been injured this badly it is not strange to want a someone from you last normal life with you. I seen bad woman do about turns and come back to thewornged persons like this story.

3.lets see where this goes.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I wish I had been wrong

But you had to cause physical harm to your hero. Who's next, Stacy? Meanwhile the Donald escapes unharmed, except for his ego, and is unrepentant. And the, I love them both, wife suddenly feels some remorse.

You took the easy way out putting this story on an untenable course.

So, where now? Two damaged leading characters come together with the help of their daughter? Or does he maintain some integrity by going through with the divorce? He could return home to a hero's welcome in time for the special election and become Mayor?

gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
Interesting

It is obvious that you have are either a Vet yourself or done some research to know that we use Landstuhl in Germany to start the Vet's treatment and that Even thought the Name was Changed to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, that those in the service still know it as Bethesda (Bethesda Naval Hospital). Now let's see where you take this one... I would toss her to the curb myself, that letter she sent was too self serving and not worthy of a response "the sex was fun"....please, she doesn't care about him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Take her back?

She's had sex with Donald fifty or sixty times before her infidelity is discovered. The community was small, obviously a lot of people know she's cuckolding him. What humiliation. When she's outed she goes with him, and sleeps and has sex with him for over a week. Then when the divorce is filed she follows him and lives with him. "The sex was fun". Wow! What a selfish bitch.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Kids can grow up fast sometimes

Her father is overseas facing the possibility of death on a daily basis, and then her moother starts going off the deep end. The past six months were probably enough emotional turmoil to age her six years before she decided that her dad had to be told.

It's still not too late to pull this one out of the pit. Connelly can decide to take revenge by killing Bob and Stacy, and Kathy can redeem herself and earn her family's forgiveness and loving memory by stepping in front of them and taking the bullets, giving Bob and the police the opportunity to kill Connelly. It would still be RAAC, but at least the right people would be paying the C.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Dunno

Heard a lot of our boys down through the wars have been badly shocked from getting dear John letters or coming home on leave and catching wife or girl friend with another man and as a result have not done well when they went back to the war. Seem to not care very much anymore. Manhood in question and all of that.

About the RAAC, I also don't know about that either. The other story by this writer was not a wimp, cuck story. Maybe he will pull this one out. I hope so, if for no other reason that this hubby is a war veteran.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Continues Interesting

Certainly he sad nothing about love in his note, so anything can still come down the tubes. In his state having a submissive slave around would not be a bad idea...

Personally I would probably have a heart attack if she showed up after that note but this is author's choice and reading it is reader's choice. I believe I will read the next one.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 9 years ago
and--AND

Man,you sure have set the stage . I got to the end of this chapter. Looked at the last 5 lines and said to the wife and said-- no, no you can't stop now! ahhh shit!

In plain words --hurry up with the next part, please. Like the story line and am really waiting to see what you do with it.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 9 years ago
Correction

The Anon who is waiting to rate should get his facts close to straight before posting numbers on US military deaths. His Civil war number is generally correct; since all deaths were American it is the most costly war in absolute terms, about 625,000 military deaths and by far the largest in population, close to two percent of 1860 population. The four major wars of the twentieth century, World Wars one and two plus Korea and Viet Nam when totaled are almost the exact same absolute number, about 615,000 deaths. World War Two at 420,000 military deaths is by far the largest of those four wars with WW 1 at 116,000 second and Viet Nam with 58,000 deaths third. Obviously the population base in the twentieth century was much larger than in 1860 so the percentage of military deaths is less than half of the Civil War.

The numbers I use here are from Wiki and correspond to numbers I have seen from many other sources.

7daysuntil7daysuntilover 9 years ago
This is a very good story!

The people who write bad things about this story, should write a better one. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. The wife, Kathy, was very selfish but she only regrets what she did because she got caught. Stories like these can happen in real life.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
It's ok

I was worried that you were going to go this route after Ch 1 & unfortunately here we are, hero badly wounded, wife's left boyfriend & daughter's by daddy's side. You now have only two major options that I can see : -

1. after a lengthy period of recuperation they reconcile

2. he let's her come to see him & then finally ends it

Now you may come up with another option altogether & good luck if you do, but I feel you'll go with 1 or 2 or some variation of either.

I don't feel option 1 is the correct way to go. I just can't see how he could ever forgive & forget her actions even though he may still love her. If you choose 2 then this chapter is kinda superfluous isn't it as you had the perfect end at Ch 1.

Just a minor point, his daughter Stacy is, what 15 or 16 now, where's she staying & with whom, whilst she's there with him for 2 weeks. The small missing details like that make this Ch 2 slightly unrealistic & the way you chop & change, without any physical signs ( ie. .......... between lines or any useful punctuation marks ), between Bob & Kathy is disconcerting to say the least.

Overall you writing skills slipped & I feel you lost the main thread of your plot slightly in this chapter, so , not as good as Ch 1. 3 ***

OOAAOOAAover 9 years ago
Brilliant!!!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Uh

It's a little heavy handed...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

The dialogue was a bit wooden and unrealistic. One confusing aspect, in her letter she is telling him that the sex was not better. However, when he spoke to her while at home she claimed that it was just different. A totally different kind of answer and sentiment. This story could be more authentic and emotionally compelling, which I think is what you are going for, if you were not writing the wife's actions as contradictory. She says she got seduced by a bad man at a vulnerable point in her life - that it was a temporary fling. However, she told her husband face to face that she had talked marriage with the guy. That's two different states of affairs. Also, she declares how much she loves her husband, but at the one point where she probably could have tried to win him back (when they were meeting face to face), she is not sure of whether she is in love with Connolly. Sounds like a woman torn over who she is in love with. Not to mention the fact that she was so torn up over possibly losing her hubby that she immediately moved in with her lover. Still, four stars.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
Practically everyone (LOL) has commented . . .

Lots of comments, many of which say what I would say. So I'll try to point out something no one talked about. And that has to do with severe pelvic injuries (crushed pelvis certainly qualifies). More than 50% of men are permanently impotent and/or incontinent (even after surgical repairs); I know this as I looked up the published statistics. Quite a few also get colostomies. Bottom line, most such men do not feel "sexy" (I'm not even including the face injury, loss of the ear, loss of leg, and the hand injuries). So it is unlikely our hero will ever get to function as a man (sexually) in the future. While anything can happen in a story (even a miracle), a realistic story would end sadly for our war hero. Who could trust the ex to reconcile and stay faithful, if sex is so essential to her happiness and he can no longer provide anything besides oral?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Kathy, you can come....

and kiss my muthafucking ass

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
84 comments and Only Carvohi does NOT see any inconsistencies with the wife's behaviot

if his comments / analysis do not shock you... Then you are brain dead. It is his inability to think that explains why carvohi stories always score sooooooo low all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

The facts as presented in the story:

1. She was lonely and after 1 month was cheating on her husband.

2. She cheated publicly without any concern for the effects on her family

3. She ignored her daughter

4. When caught she admitted feeling for the mayor and was not remorseful so it was not just sex.

5. Instead of staying with friends or going to a hotel for even a couple of days she immediately shacks up with her lover.

6. Instead of making other birth control arrangements she humiliates her husband further by asking for her birth control pills

7. She outs the mayor only because he seemed to ready to dump her not because it was the right thing to do. This made her appear to some as a victim.

8. After the mayor leaves town she follows him rather than try to make things better at home and ultimately shacks up with him again

9. After all this she finds out that her actions selfish and thoughtless had an effect on her husband causing him to be less careful and he was injured so she write a self serving apology.

10. The letter and the offer of apology are way too little way too late. A military officer must analyze his situation and then react. Here the facts clearly require that he dump her ass. If he needs care he can get at the VA or at his home with private duty nursing or he can stay at his mom's house.

11. If his condition kills his sex drive she is history anyway why give him more anguish?

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago

Tough story Kathy dosen, t sound like any woman I know lucky me. Bob has tougher choices because of her remorseful letter, and some difficult recovery ahead. Time would work against me and I would long for the good memories of my past. Good luck to us all as the last chapters come to life.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
when issuing an "apology" do NOT tell your spouse how great the sex was with the OTHER GUY

This is so fucking bad on soooo many levels ... it almost laughable.

ABOUT THE STORY ITSELF It is imperative to keep in mind that this was NOT just an affair. The anonymous poster MY 2 CENTS presents a complete listing or run down of all the extreme and disrespectful and hateful actions by the wife. And it really is quite egregious. And going on and on about great the sex was with the other guy in the so called apology... while the man you supposedly really love is the hospital and almost dead because of you ... well that is Just awful.

THE WIFE'S CHANGE.. I agree that is speaks volumes that idiots like carhovi does NOT think the wife's behavior is inconsistent.

** Given wife's actions the change in the wife is waaaaaaaaay too sudden and not believable. The author seems to think that writing down the words where the wife says she is suffering from remorse or guilt is good enough to show she is a changed person ***

Early in this awful chapter the cunt whore wife is saying that she " sort of loves donald " then 1 paragraph later -or is it 2?-- she hates him and leaves. HUH?

or this .... "I've lost everything and I'll never get it back and you know what? I don't deserve to get it back. I deserve this empty, lonely life I'm leading. I deserve all the pain and suffering I'm going through and you're right, Bob doesn't want anything to do with me, but I don't care. I Don't Care! I have to be with him!"

so the wife knows she fucked up BUT she wants to be with her ex? WHY? she wants what she wants right now and everyone else can drop dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
re: Still very good...

"... pay no attention to the Anonymous naysayers." What about the non-anonymous naysayers? Anonymous or not, the comments are, for the most part, similar. If you don't like people being anonymous on the net, YOU'RE the one who's out place, newbie. A large part of the growth of the internet was based on being anonymous. You are being no more logical than someone who buys a house near an airport and then complains about the noise.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 9 years ago
YOU REALLY WACKED THE HORNET'S NEST!

Look on the bright side; you got more comments than most people do with five stories. Believe it or not, those comments contain a lot of help you should cash-in on. Even the Anons, who criticized the plot, may have something you can use. For sure those who pointed out weakness in your writing craft should be carefully considered.

Your character development is especially weak. I, along with most other relatively new writers, have the same problem,to various degrees. I'll pass on some advice that helped me. Before you start your story, write a biography of each character. Make it as complete as you would your own: Where did he attend school, what is his line of work, who was his first girlfriend, where and when did he lose his virginity, what is his world viewpoint, what does he want from life, write a word picture of how he looks, etc. You probably won't use a tenth of these things, but if you make everything your character does conform to your biography you won't have a cardboard character.

Read others, both on this site and printed books. Note how they transition from one character to another, and their style in general. I think alwayswantedtoo is a good example, but just check out any writers with high scores. Always keep in mind a high score doesn't ALWAYS mean good writing, but is just something the readers like.

My advice is, "Keep writing and trying to improve. As far as those commentators who say quit writing, look first at how they signed their comments. This site uses only pen names, everybody here is anonymous, so what does that say about criticism from a reader who won't bother to get and use a member ID so you can respond and the rest of us can draw our conclusions about their knowledge of the trade.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sparks lol sparky by name & sparky by nature...

22 Thousand views , 88 comments

and the story was only posted TWO days ago.

got the feeling this chapter was rushed, not so much care taken with it.

please , slow down ..

please , take up the offer of proof readers / editing from those that seem most genuine & whom you have confidence in.

please do NOT let the haters&flamers drive you away or let them stop you writing.

ty for writing & ty for sharing it with us.

xxxhugsxxx

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
My Mother is a Saint!

My Dad helped her to be one. He knew he was a career Marine and he would be overseas; so our first house was in Pensacola close to my maternal grandparents. This way, my Mother wasn't isolated and alone during his three tours in Vietnam, and his unaccompanied tours to Okinawa. That's right, he never lived in his first house; just his family, while he was overseas. That's how he watched out for us even when he couldn't be there.

My Mother understood the importance of appearances, and no impropriety ever occurred in our home. She respected our Dad and loved us; but that didn't mean she had an easy time handling four children without Dad being there. She hid it well, and it wasn't until I was much older that I realized how lonely she was without my Dad.

Right then, with that background you might guess that I am less than impressed with Kathy. Moreover, I'm a little distressed by the way you're manipulating this story to come up with reasons for this insult to good wives everywhere, to get back together with Bob in a mockery of marriage!

Don't you realize what a bang up job you've done in creating an evil bitch, with Kathy? So what is she now; the evil bitch with a heart? You can't have it both ways! She's an evil bitch or she belongs in an insane asylum. Trying to put her back with Bob is literally adding insult to injury.

thefranzthefranzover 9 years ago
Wife's Character

I find it very difficult to believe the change in Kathy's character. Sure, she wails and wrings her hands with the best of them but e.g. her characterization of her lover sounds as self serving as her actions following the revelation of her affair. I just can't "feel" any real remorse on her side. If you did this on purpose, hats off to you, if not, i'm afraid Kathy will remain a stereotype.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
The fatal flaw in this chapter

is Kathy's flip-flop. The denouncement of Donald at the end of chapter 1 is totally inconsisten with her moving in with him later. That more than anything else is what kills the chapter.

orater1orater1over 9 years ago
Transitioning & Development

The story theme is awesome and for the most part, we don't know how it's going to end. But there were several times that I was halfway through a paragraph without knowing that the scene/speaker had changed. This disrupts the reading flow.

Plus, I agree with other commenters; you covered a lot of ground in a very short period. Ch 1 was very good at development. For example, we start with a daughter talking about the accident, a whole block of activity missing. You also left it to post-occurance analysis of others to fill in the mindset of your protagonist - this is a different style than Ch 1, where we got to understand Bob / Kathy / Stacy and even Donald - very well. Maybe this was your intent - I'm not sure (I prefer Ch 1's style).

I think you have us readers hooked, take your time and develop the scenes, I promise I, for one will continue to look for and wait for each follow-on. You have a great story theme - now, control your audience - you're in the driver's seat. We're all waiting to see the follow-on chapter(s) (even though you'll never please all the people all the time...lol). Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I thought you...

...might do something like this.

The disconnect was the ex-mayor and wifey getting back together....and apparently doing just fine until news of hubby's injuries precipitated a complete change of heart in wifey. Really? REALLY? (Saying that a lot today..).

That wierd little thing sets the whole story on its ear for me.

I hope you manage to recover.....but sucky ex-mayor has to come back for some serious beat down, right? Otherwise, handling that piece too realistically, kinda makes her rejoining him in another state for several months pretty bad writing.....

IcallBSIcallBSover 9 years ago
Stopped reading @ pg1 when you flushed the story

Too bad I wasted my time on Ch. 1

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 9 years ago
Pick a point of view and stick with it.

Flipping back and forth is pointless. Likewise, every female cheater in every story is the same: they never smile, never date, lose weight, become drab and colourless, blah blah blah, it's always the same and it's always crap. Some women will become like that, most won't, so lets be realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Good 2nd chapter. Maybe the real interesting story is starting now. I await the next post.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This is turning out to be a cuck story.

Part 3: The Major got his balls blown off in Afghanistan and needs his wife back to take care of him because of his other more serious injuries. Unfortunately, he can't do his husband duty anymore, but luckily Donald Connelly is available to help him out. The three will negotiate an arrangement that would benefit all parties. To pile on the debauchery, Stacy will get involved too.

1 Star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
bah!

Not worth the time to read this garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why do all the RAAC stories use the injured husband?

Stopped here. S.T.U.P.I.D. Boring. formalistic. Repetitive.

Is the same wife used in all these stories?

I have known several couples divorce due to the wife's adultery. None acted like this. They all put the past behind them and went out and partied.

Did I mention Stupid?

MarvinSMarvinSover 9 years ago
Two Issues:

1/ Whatever happened to the comma that separates the text from the person addressed? I see it frequently. Is there a new rule since I retired from teaching grammar? Example from this story: "I don't know Stacy." The guy speaking doesn't know his own daughter? The context suggests that the author meant "I don't know, Stacy." The comma clarifies.

2/ Methinks it is not a good writing practice to use first person (I, me) for two characters. It is especially disconcerting to switch characters (with first person) every paragraph or so.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous